Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
I’d say 4. A little rude to not at least apologize for interrupting a bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

2. Nice to meet you.

Doesn't seem too offended, so need to apologize or explain.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"Glangwen Ogg, nice to meet you."

Evertree posted:

The half-elf's smile widens as she offers you a hand to shake. Her fingers are those of one who has never had to perform any sort of manual labour in her life.

"Daisy Thorne," she says by way of an introduction. "Talent agent for the great Isaria Evenveil."

Then Daisy asks, "Won't you come in? I'm just getting ready for dinner, but I always enjoy getting to know new people."

Would you like to go into Daisy's room?

1. Yes! Absolutely, yes!
2. All right, I'm curious to know a little more about her.
3. No, I think it would be better not to go in…
Daisy +2

A couple of things here. If you say you're not interested in a specific gender for romance, Daisy's gender flips depending on yours. She's female is you're female and she's a man called Dandy if you're male. There's another character we've not met yet who flips the other way. Otherwise they're both the gender you're attracted to. All the other characters in the game are fixed. This is also the spot I mentioned earlier where you can get the massive bonus if you have the sexy clothes on. You get a +20 to relationship here, which I think is the biggest "standard" change in the game.

Oh, and because I forgot last update, we got +1 gold for keeping the cufflink.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
1 Seems in character.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

2 since we have long established that we are in fact a nosy person. The first option seems like a trap, we should probably keep our wits about us.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

2, let's not be overeager here.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
2, let's try to control ourself.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Probably wise to play it cool.

Evertree posted:

Daisy gives you a flirtatious smile and heads back into her room, leaving the door open for you to follow.

Once inside, she gestures to her bed as a place for you to sit and then walks into the adjoining washroom. From your position on the bed you can still see her as she adds the finishing touches to her makeup.

"So tell me about yourself," she calls back out to you over the sound of bath water draining.

1. Tell the truth.
2. Make something up to sound interesting.
3. Tell a lie to avoid the truth.
4. Turn the conversation onto her.

E: I deleted some text on mechanical stuff here, because I think it makes more sense to talk about it at the end of this chapter or the next.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 3, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
3 A witch never reveals her secrets

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

4, we're here to find things out.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'll update after a tie-break. Are we lying or deflecting?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

4 - Deflect, she probably would love to talk about herself anyways.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

MagusofStars posted:

4 - Deflect, she probably would love to talk about herself anyways.

Ayup

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Turn the conversation onto her.

Evertree posted:

You give an evasive response and imply that Daisy's life would be far more interesting than any tale of yours.

She gives a flattered laugh and calls back, "Ask away. I'm not shy."

1. "So you're a half-elf. That's interesting."
2. "Have you been staying here long?"
3. "Are you on your way to Lux?"
4. "Sorry, who is Isaria Evenveil?"
5. "Do you know anything about the man who built this place?"
6. "I heard there was an incident here last week. Did you know about that?"
7. I'm not sure what this half-elf's game is. I want to read her mind. (Mana: 10)
8. I think I should probably leave Daisy to get ready.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Imo ask all of them in order except for 1 because good god that is an awful opener. "So, I noticed your race. What's up with that?"
And maybe don't blow the 10 mana unless we get a feeling there's a reason to suspect her after the other questions. We're really chewing through our mana. Is there a way to replenish it?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

CountryMatters posted:

And maybe don't blow the 10 mana unless we get a feeling there's a reason to suspect her after the other questions. We're really chewing through our mana. Is there a way to replenish it?

You get some back at the end of chapters. And even more if you increase magic, because that also increases your maximum mana.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

CountryMatters posted:

Imo ask all of them in order except for 1 because good god that is an awful opener. "So, I noticed your race. What's up with that?"

I agree with all of this. Maybe ask about the spell after the other questions have been asked?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

CountryMatters posted:

Sounds good to me.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Okay, this is going to be quite a long conversation, so I'll try to update fairly regularly while it's going on!

"Have you been staying here long?"

Evertree posted:

"Nope, just the one night." Daisy laughs. "I mean, don't get me wrong. Rustic is cute, but it's hardly the Grand Hotel in Veyawin."

As you're about to ask another question, she shoots one right back at you. "How about you? Do you prefer rustic or luxurious?"

1. "Give me luxury any day."
2. "I prefer the simple things in life."
3. "I honestly never thought about it."
4. Say nothing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Simple things.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Simple things

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"I prefer the simple things in life."

Evertree posted:

Daisy laughs. "Urgh, not me! If I had my way, this room would be three times the size with heated floors and a diamond chandelier…" She pauses, "And a much bigger bed."

Finished with washing, Daisy comes walking back into the bedroom, still wearing only the towel but now a little drier. She walks over to the full length mirror and stands there regarding herself.

1. Regard Daisy also.
2. Sneak a glance but keep facing forwards.
3. Turn to face the other way!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

2 - Sneak a glance

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
2, our defining character trait is literally being nosy. We absolutely are going to peek

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Evertree posted:

You glance over at Daisy and let your eyes flick up and down her perfect body, but then you switch back to staring innocently ahead before she notices…you hope.

"Are you on your way to Lux?"

Evertree posted:

"Exactly that! Is there anywhere else to be? Actually, we're going for a big concert. Isaria's headlining. It's a very big deal. The culmination of our grand tour across the nation." She flashes you a big smile and asks, "And you? Why are you on this road?"

1. "I'm seeking my fortune."
2. "I'm going to that concert too."
3. "No reason…"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We are very Fortuneate

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"I'm seeking my fortune."

Evertree posted:

"How admirable. I like an elf with ambition," she replies.

At this and without warning, Daisy suddenly drops her towel altogether. She's now standing completely naked!

1. Blatantly look!
2. Surreptitiously look over but try to play it cool.
3. Look the opposite way.
4. Politely excuse myself and leave!

Guile %-1

Er... That escalated quickly.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

1. Why not?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Blatantly look!

Evertree posted:

Your jaw drops open at the sight of the naked half-elf only a few feet from you. She looks even better out of the towel, the last few droplets of water running down over every curve of her beautiful body, now fully visible in the reflection of the mirror. You find yourself tugging at your collar as the room feels like it's heating up. You've never seen a woman so sirenic.

Your eyes travel back up and find her reflection is now looking right at you.

"Anything else on your mind?" she asks.
Guile %-1
Daisy +2

We may be the least subtle elf on the planet, but at least Daisy is into it. There are two romance options in this game, as well as one platonic option and the ability to go it alone. Daisy/Dandy are actually my favourite of the two romantic choices, but that's predominantly due to the character development they get in Sordwin. I don't think Evertree is as good as the other at showing what they're really about. Regardless:

We now have all the other options, plus these two

Evertree posted:

"So are you planning to put any clothes on, or…?"
"Hey Daisy, why don't you join me on the bed?"

but for now, I'm going to keep working down the list.

"Sorry, who is Isaria Evenveil?"

Evertree posted:

Daisy makes a gasp of mock surprise and horror.

"Who's Isaria Evenveil? The elf with the voice of an angel? She's only the most talented and beautiful singer in all of Veyawin, nay, all the World! And I…" she pauses for dramatic effect, "have the pleasure of being her agent, her confidante, and her closest friend."

1. "She sounds good."
2. "Wow, that's very impressive!"
3. "I've never heard of her."

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Wow, that's very impressive.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

OOrochi posted:

Wow, that's very impressive.

Flattery might get us everywhere.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"Wow, that's very impressive!"

Evertree posted:

Daisy seems pleased with your enthusiastic response and says, "She's staying in the V.I.P. room next door. If you're lucky, perhaps she'll perform at dinner." <Clue 5 updated!>

Then Daisy suddenly finishes with the mirror and, seizing two different outfits from hangers on the wall, comes walking over to stand in front of you.

Completely naked and baring all for you to see, she holds in one hand a dress of black and golden thread that looks like that of a wealthy lady, and in the other, a white dress decorated with an intricate green weave that must have been made by a highly skilled seamstress.

"I can't choose. What do you like the look of?" she asks, fixing you with her suggestive gaze.

1. Point to the expensive-looking black option.
2. Point to the intricate-looking white option.
3. Point to Daisy.
4. Point to nothing! It's time to leave!
Daisy +2

Turns out flattery does get you everywhere. That's the only answer with a relationship bonus.

Stats posted:

Clues
5 - The elf in room 6, Isaria Evenveil, is a VIP.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Clearly, she's into the flirting, so roll with it - 3.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Point to Daisy

Evertree posted:

The half-elf drops both clothing options to the floor and steps forward to stand right in front of you. She leans down, placing both of her hands on your knees and whispers,

"What a coincidence. I like the look of you too." She leans in until her face is inches from yours, her hands sliding up your thighs, her breath caressing your lips…

1. Go for a kiss!
2. Wait to see what she does next.
3. Back away. That's not what I meant.
Daisy +3

Let it never be said it wasn't clear where your choices were leading.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

1. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

1. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Go for a kiss.

Evertree posted:

You lean up and plant your lips on hers and instantly she reciprocates. She moves forward pushing you back onto the bed, her hands either side of you as she looks down with a mischievous glint in her eyes that makes your body tingle.

"Well that was fun," she smiles. "What next?"

1. Hanky-panky!
2. I liked the kiss but I'm not ready for more right now.
3. A kiss is enough. I think I'd rather go back to talking.
Daisy +5