Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

For the people wondering where all this activity was when the Dems had the majority under Obama, several factors.

1) Biden has learned from Obama's mistakes. Obama tried to play nice with the R's and didn't get the message that they would not compromise with him until it was too late when members of his party had learned that they could say no with little repercussions.
2) Because there is no wiggle room, there aren't folks demanding hall passes.
3) Watching what the R's did with 51-52-53 folks (and their recalcitrance to hand things over when it was 50-50+VP Harris) means that they want to stick it to the Rs)

The less-extreme batshit crazy part of the Republican party tried to see if they could stonewall by "negotiating" (i.e., giving the D's a putative "win" but hamstringing them in every way possible), and Biden said, "Well, if you want to come with me and be reasonable, sure, I'll talk, but we're not gonna do nothing but jaw jack)

yeah biden, the guy who went behind the already-useless obama's back to make his defining legislation worse, definitely knows how to play hardball

i know this is a syq but im gonna yell anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yinlock posted:

you should

nah

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

dems miraculously seemed to have switched tacks to "Joe Biden is a Serious Man who Gets Things Done, please ignore him literally begging republicans to love him not long ago"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://twitter.com/wspieler/status/1357712572506644484?s=20

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yinlock posted:

you should

lmao, why? Just to eat a probe for any hint of "Joe Biden/The Dems are bad?"

Edit: I must reiterate the words "Any hint." It doesn't matter how benign, how thoughtful, how carefully worded, or how non-trollish a post criticizing the Dems may be, you will eat a probe. That's what makes SYQ so easy, because any dissent of the Dems or Joe at this point is considered trolling, and you WILL eat a probe. I have seen a multitude of benign "these executive orders aren't great and here's why" effort posts immediately get smacked with a probe. No foul language, no trolling, a genuinely good effort post. It's why a lot of people now have either left UsPol, stopped trying to post actual good posts, or have just resorted to "lol Dems suck" in that stupid poo poo-tier thread. They want an echo chamber, and there is absolutely 0 reason why one should ever post in that terrible thread.

Also, and this is quite important: One of the mods in that thread worked on the Joe Biden campaign.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 16:56 on Feb 5, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

Honestly if you floated that the Dems allowed the attack to happen so they had a good excuse to avoid doing real work I'd believe you.

so it really was the Democrats 9/11 after all

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

lmao why? Just to eat a probe for any hint of "Joe Biden/The Dems are bad?"

mcmagic is trapped between two warring tribes, too smart for joe biden worship but too dumb to see past even the most performative "progressivism"

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 16:55 on Feb 5, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mad.radhu posted:

getting arrested by Amazon Enforcement Officers while driving through Nevada, immediately on the spot sentenced to 3 years hard labor in the local warehouse

you’ve only fully internalized the cyberpunk dystopia when you realize you either have to work for a megacorp or find a large enough nomad family

I’m a coward so I’m interviewing at aws next week :v:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RoseEmojiTico/status/1357413962795597824

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol just remembered hillary doing this too in 08

joe just cant stop plagiarizing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yinlock posted:

mcmagic is trapped between two warring tribes, too smart for joe biden worship but too dumb to see past even the most performative "progressivism"

The squad hate is just as performative as people are accusing them of being.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yinlock posted:

Yeah, but if you are smart enough to not worship Joe Biden then you are smart enough to not post in that terrible echo chamber.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

No my hate for people that deny people healthcare is pretty genuine

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

mcmagic posted:

you should hate all politicians at all times imo

if they do something good, which at this point is always incredibly minor, you should be asking for more. not congratulating them.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There are not enough question mark memes for this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yinlock posted:

No my hate for people that deny people healthcare is pretty genuine

The argument that the squad are denying you health care is pure performance.

papa horny michael posted:

you should hate all politicians at all times imo

if they do something good, which at this point is always incredibly minor, you should be asking for more. not congratulating them.
Very reasonable post. I agree. I don't think I was congratulating them.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mcmagic posted:

mcmagical

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

it's pure fact

it is objectively true that they, at the very least and with the most generous reading possible, do not care if poor people die from lack of healthcare

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The squad holds loving power you imbecile.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if my hate of murderous goblins who want poors to suffer is fake then :bignews: to me

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Avatar/Post Combo right there. Stop being such a loving lib.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

The squad holds loving power you imbecile.

They do have some power but not the power to get M4A passed. (I would rather not go down the FTV succ hole again it's pretty boring at this point so i'll leave that topic alone now.)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mcmagic posted:

They do have some power but not the power to get M4A passed. (I would rather not go down the FTV succ hole again it's pretty boring at this point so i'll leave that topic alone now.)

Oh, so if they don't hold all the power then it's fine for them to switch from "M4A" to "Access to affordable health care?"

gently caress you

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

yeah skipping past the ftv argument that you'll just lose again, it's also objectively true that they're not even willing fight for m4a

hell they stopped mentioning it entirely

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mcmagic posted:

don't characterize the strength that I bring

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They do have some power but not the power to get M4A passed. (I would rather not go down the FTV succ hole again it's pretty clear the antis lost that argument around the time they forced a second pointless impeachment vote)

fixed that for you

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Oh, so if they don't hold all the power then it's fine for them to switch from "M4A" to "Access to affordable health care?"

gently caress you

Kind of hard to get enough m4a politicians to have enough power to enact m4a if they keep switching to affordable access after they are elected

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

fixed that for you

They didn't force the impeachment vote. Every democrat in the House voted for impeachment and a bunch of republicans too. The squad had nothing to do with forcing that vote.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 17:19 on Feb 5, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

And that is why I support everything Jimmy Dore supports.

He's a chessmater

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They didn't force the impeachment vote. Every democrat in the House voted for impeachment and a bunch of republicans too. The squad had nothing to do with forcing that vote.

except they were actively promoting the impeachment vote and were super stoked about it

m4a? total silence besides scolding leftists for wanting things

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/rutjake/status/1357714032543817733?s=21

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Populon posted:

Kind of hard to get enough m4a politicians to have enough power to enact m4a if they keep switching to affordable access after they are elected

I have access to a Ferrari, it doesn't mean I can afford a Ferrari.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I have access to a Ferrari, it doesn't mean I can afford a Ferrari.

I agree that using terms like "access to healthcare" is weasel poo poo and people who use that term should be dragged.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

mcmagic posted:

I agree that using terms like "access to healthcare" is weasel poo poo and people who use that term should be dragged.

So quit bitching about us dragging the squad

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Cool, so you agree the squad should be dragged?

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1349186664502087680?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Cool, so you agree the squad should be dragged?

If they used that term, sure.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

If they used that term, sure.

you see

you see why i said they'd fit right in uspol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Taintrunner posted:

here is your justification as to why we can't cancel student debt