Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cardinals are going to come out of this off-season with a negative salary after factoring in the Arenado money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Oh thank god I can root for Dex with my whole heart again. Love that guy when he's not a Cardinal.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The second best position player bat on the Cardinals in the broken year of 2020 was Harrison Bader, and it wasn't even particularly close. The Cardinals need a drat outfield bat to go along with Goldy/Arenado for me to have *any* hope they do anything other than squeak into the playoffs and lose again.

Also can we please ship off Carpenter for a $2m savings as well please. (The savings on Fowler was legit like, $2m. Cardinals are sending them like $12m of his $14m left)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The second best position player bat on the Cardinals in the broken year of 2020 was Harrison Bader, and it wasn't even particularly close. The Cardinals need a drat outfield bat to go along with Goldy/Arenado for me to have *any* hope they do anything other than squeak into the playoffs and lose again.

Also can we please ship off Carpenter for a $2m savings as well please. (The savings on Fowler was legit like, $2m. Cardinals are sending them like $12m of his $14m left)

Then you better hope Dylan Carlson takes those next steps in his development brother

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How much more competitive can the Dodgers offer be?

https://twitter.com/joelsherman1/status/1357717613028212738?s=21

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Mike_V posted:

Then you better hope Dylan Carlson takes those next steps in his development brother

Yea, I looked, there are no outfield bats available. We could sign ONE MARCELL OZUNA again but he's a horrible defender and probably hates STL. And I know we are sticking with O'Neill/Bader/Carlson. The defense is going to be incredible on this team. Gonna have an 85 OPS+ outfield.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

davecrazy posted:

How much more competitive can the Dodgers offer be?

https://twitter.com/joelsherman1/status/1357717613028212738?s=21
I doubt the Dodgers are offering more money, it’s rumored he prefers LA so maybe wants them to match.

I hope it’s just his agent trying to use LA to leverage more out of the Mets. Bauer melting down at the NY media would be an entertaining subplot.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Alex Bregman has apparently put on 27 pounds of muscle.

LMAO ok sure

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think people understand what 27lbs of muscle looks like and why that's an insane lie.

And by people I mean Alex Bregman.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I feel like there are definitely better uses of $40M than getting one season of the game's biggest assholes

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 5, 2021

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I, a professional athlete for close to a decade now, was able to put on 27 extra pounds of muscle in 3 months, cause I tried real hard, I swear its true.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I, a professional athlete for close to a decade now, was able to put on 27 extra pounds of muscle in 3 months, cause I tried real hard, I swear its true.

People said I was all trash can and no talent, I'll show them...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bauer is the one time I'm not upset that the cubs have decided to soend literally zero dollars.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Someone quote me when the PTBNL gets the World-Series-winning hit in a few years.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Of course, weeks after I get Ken Burns Baseball on DVD they announce a BluRay remaster. But if there’s no new content I probably shouldn’t care.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/1357749293793349634

lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean, I feel for Wong having to field that loving landmine of a question. "Do you think your new team plays the right way?" like what the gently caress are you going to say, no? I guess he could have used it as an excuse to dunk on the Cardinals but he already did that on twitter when they re-upped Wainwright.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1357740449121902598
https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1357740270859800576
https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1357739804788727816

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

bees x1000 posted:

Of course, weeks after I get Ken Burns Baseball on DVD they announce a BluRay remaster. But if there’s no new content I probably shouldn’t care.

If they end up cropping it to 16:9, you'll probably be glad to have the DVD.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Julio Cruz posted:

I feel like there are definitely better uses of $40M than getting one season of the game's biggest rear end in a top hat

Not my money (directly) and Bauer is a dipshit but he's a dipshit who's a pretty good to ace pitcher.

I actually prefer the short money and in this case I'm good with the opt outs. Ideally he pitches 220 innings of 130 ERA+ ball each of the next 1-2 seasons and then fucks off to Colorado where the Monforts will end up giving the Padres 100m dollars to get out of his contract shortly before the 2025 season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Imagine going to arbitration over 300K dollars

That's a rounding error for baseball teams

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1357777208710938624

LOL King poo poo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Not my money (directly) and Bauer is a dipshit but he's a dipshit who's a pretty good to ace pitcher.

I actually prefer the short money and in this case I'm good with the opt outs. Ideally he pitches 220 innings of 130 ERA+ ball each of the next 1-2 seasons and then fucks off to Colorado where the Monforts will end up giving the Padres 100m dollars to get out of his contract shortly before the 2025 season.
I'd feel this way if he were nearly any other pitcher, but Bauer is a particularly notable dipshit rear end in a top hat (who also has a very uneven pitching record) and I'd really rather not watch him pitch for my team.

I'm hoping he goes to New York where he doesn't live up to this $40M a year price tag and we get some absolutely beautiful Mets Bauer NY media meltdowns.

edit: godamnit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

he's absolutely a good pitcher but I don't think he'd fetch anything like $40M in an offseason with another couple of really good pitchers available

and if we have $40M to spend we could have gotten literally the 3 best available bullpen arms on the market for less

I suppose at least we didn't give him like 6-7 years, one or two years of his bullshit I can probably tolerate but no more

e: if Hey Man is right I hope that $40M stays on the table now and doesn't go right back into Cohen's pocket

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 5, 2021

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Not that anyone was going to be at all sympathetic to the Reigning World Series Champion Dodgers but signing Bauer is full heel turn.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bob Nightengale should retire immediately

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do people hate the Dodgers more than the Yankees now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7nUBwzOBM
Man this is annoying

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 5, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Pussy Boss posted:

Bob Nightengale should retire immediately

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

Not that anyone was going to be at all sympathetic to the Reigning World Series Champion Dodgers but signing Bauer is full heel turn.

Welcome to the afterglow. At least you still have a good chance of winning another one

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Do people hate the Dodgers more than the Yankees now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7nUBwzOBM
Man this is annoying
idk how many do at this point, but if recent history continues long enough most people certainly will

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Angels are so stupid lol they needed him more than anybody (and I hate Bauer)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

more falafel please posted:

Welcome to the afterglow. At least you still have a good chance of winning another one
yeah but now winning again means rooting for Trevor Bauer to get a ring

:barf:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

GalacticAcid posted:

Angels are so stupid lol they needed him more than anybody (and I hate Bauer)

Came here to post this lol

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
lol he really made a lovely im a hard worker youtube video to announce he's a dodger?

he's so loving weird

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
between Turner spreading corona round the field and now signing Bauer, the Dodgers are definitely moving up my most hated list

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lol he really made a lovely im a hard worker youtube video to announce he's a dodger?

he's so loving weird

The Bauer mets and jays jerseys in the beginning of the video were the best part.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Justin Turner (who is not presently a Dodger for some strange reason) is also a noted flag-humper and US military worshiper, but he expresses it by signing balls and being nice to the "military hero of the game" instead of mouthing off on twitter about how we should bomb more Yemeni weddings or whatever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bawfuls posted:

I'd edit: godamnit

Well well well how the turntables

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The good news is we get to do this again next year

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1357782147650748417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

The good news is we get to do this again next year

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1357782147650748417

He's gonna make 45MM in 2022...... He's only opting out if he wins the Cy Young again.