Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Between this and the way Campbell talks about Davis, it makes me wonder if it may turn out next year that the roster wasn't actually as bad as it seemed, and Patricia was just a spectacularly terrible coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would wait until Dan actually makes them play better than hoping his stock answer is gospel

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the most success they ever had with davis was making him rush the passer and he seemed to always have problems in coverage/reading the play/not overpersuing, i wonder if a different coaching staff might have actually tried to just swap him to olb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would wait until Dan actually makes them play better than hoping his stock answer is gospel

It's the offseason, man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s fair

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Between this and the way Campbell talks about Davis, it makes me wonder if it may turn out next year that the roster wasn't actually as bad as it seemed, and Patricia was just a spectacularly terrible coach.

I honestly think this will be true. I'm not saying they'll be significantly better, but I do think that bad coaching makes everything look terrible.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Hire Muscle Coach to swoop in and give uplifting speeches to high school kids that are having a tough time.

He’s the protagonist from Cobra Kai, it rules

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

rabidsquid posted:

the most success they ever had with davis was making him rush the passer and he seemed to always have problems in coverage/reading the play/not overpersuing, i wonder if a different coaching staff might have actually tried to just swap him to olb

It was a hallmark of the Patricia era that the team would keep trying to do things we simply weren't good at (run the ball) while ignoring the things we were good at (passing), so it would not surprise me in the slightest if this extended down to how they coached the individual players.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone else keep getting that Lil Wayne song stuck in your head over the last 2 weeks and getting mad/sad all over again or are you normal?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I dont think I have ever had lil wayne stuck in my head

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
My controversial take is that taking another team's song and just changing it to your team's colours is pretty lame

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone else keep getting that Lil Wayne song stuck in your head over the last 2 weeks and getting mad/sad all over again or are you normal?

It was my wake up alarm on my phone for a couple weeks. :sigh:

Finally went back to Big Booty Bitches a couple days ago. (wooooooo)

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It was a hallmark of the Patricia era that the team would keep trying to do things we simply weren't good at (run the ball) while ignoring the things we were good at (passing), so it would not surprise me in the slightest if this extended down to how they coached the individual players.

In fairness, that describes most* NFL coaches. To find a coach who will change "their system" based on their players' strengths (vs. just get different players), you almost need to go to the college/high school ranks.

*Belichick being the notable exception.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Could easily be bullshit but lol if it’s true. The Bears listed as one of the teams potentially interested in trading for Carson Wentz.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929989-eagles-rumors-carson-wentz-trade-close-amid-buzz-around-aggressive-offers

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

BGrifter posted:

Could easily be bullshit but lol if it’s true. The Bears listed as one of the teams potentially interested in trading for Carson Wentz.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929989-eagles-rumors-carson-wentz-trade-close-amid-buzz-around-aggressive-offers

This would be the move to kill all my interest in football next season

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I feel like this year there is a massive jump in teams really really interested in bad QBs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like this year there is a massive jump in teams really really interested in bad QBs

There are nothing but Bad QBs, but there are a ton of teams with worse than bad QBs so the bad QBs are infact just mediocre qbs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/1053thefan/status/1357369526539722753

Bears should offer Dak the absolute bag.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CharlestheHammer posted:

consolation prizes for missing out on the best available young qb in nfl history (watson) except the consolation prizes for missing out on the bugatti are a pinto or a ford explorer with two wheels missing

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

mastershakeman posted:

consolation prizes for missing out on the best available young qb in nfl history (watson) except the consolation prizes for missing out on the bugatti are a pinto or a ford explorer with two wheels missing

This is a good analogy cause of how many coaches think they could fix them up but just make a bigger mess like many amateur mechanics.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Bears trading a bounty for, like, the 20th best QB in the league would make me laugh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they're going to acquire carson wentz to activate nick foles, you buffoons!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

rabidsquid posted:

they're going to acquire carson wentz to activate nick foles, you buffoons!

They'll trade Foles for Wentz and both parties will pretend that everything is solved.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

This.

Edit: Also gently caress Palmer. He should demand more money from the Cowboys for not extending him last year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1357768822489456642

I'm gonna scream

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Me, in the matrix, quietly saying not like this not like this while ryan pace pulls the plug

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Oh fer gently caress's sake. I mean, okay getting Prescott was a pipedream because the Cowboys can just franchise him and keep him off the market, but Wentz? WENTZ? THAT'S the Pace/Nagy ploy to not get fired? God, I hope that report is wrong, but it feels so much like the Bears that it's probably right. :suicide:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jng2058 posted:

Oh fer gently caress's sake. I mean, okay getting Prescott was a pipedream because the Cowboys can just franchise him and keep him off the market, but Wentz? WENTZ? THAT'S the Pace/Nagy ploy to not get fired? God, I hope that report is wrong, but it feels so much like the Bears that it's probably right. :suicide:

nagy can fix this robin reliant! it just needs the right system!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
if the bears get wentz I can spend the season rooting for the lions so whatever

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I've already resigned myself to this

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

If the Bears get Wentz the Lions have a good shot at second in the division next year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Would rather have mitch than wentz.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hmm, maybe the Bears shouldn't have let Pace go after yet another bad QB in an effort to correct the Mitch pick. I'll hold out hope it's not true, but Pace overpaying for a middling QB is very on brand for him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol at Goff and Wentz both ending up in the NFCN.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hmm, maybe the Bears shouldn't have let Pace go after yet another bad QB in an effort to correct the Mitch pick. I'll hold out hope it's not true, but Pace overpaying for a middling QB is very on brand for him.

This is my feeling. It sounds too dumb to be true, but also is exactly the type of move Pace would make.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Carson Whence?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bears trying to undercut the Lions efforts for 1st overall, I do not appreciate it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1357777678594621441

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is such a beautifully Bears move, I'm honestly getting a bit choked up.

Every time I think they can't Bears it up, they find a way to go above and beyond what I thought was possible. I'm salivating at the details of the trade that is 100% going to happen now. First and a third? More than that? It's gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Keeping Foles and Mitch there for a good old fashioned 3QB battle that Trubisky again wins after the first couple weeks. Every year add a new quarterback and then give the job to Trubisky until you collect them all!