Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

My transit connect has a handbrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

wzm posted:

The US market had one on manual cars (I've had to fix one), and that feels like a big market. Maybe it's electric on the DSG or 7.5 refresh models?

Maybe it's the sticks then, my US 7.5 GTI manual has an actual handbrake.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My taco has a handbrake lol

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Not in my market

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Mustang Mach-E chat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZdThusqjqQ

I really like how the vehicle looks and I don't even care that they called it a Mustang but then welp they went with the stupid Tesla style "all controls on a tablet stuck on the dash"

I'm not even a screen hater, I don't even mind the type that stick up from the dash like modern Mazdas and Nissans have, because they're paired with actual interior controls.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

The Mach-E is really close to being a car I would be interested in.
I too hate that loving screen so much, and it would be annoying controlling everything from within menus.
I still really need to sit in the seats first. I was thinking if I got one, it would need to be the GT performance variant, but those seats just seem so flat and not bolstered.

Maybe they hit it out of the park on Gen 2.
I applaud them for at least trying. Im a mazda freak and Mazda's EV is dogshit. Same with Chevy's offerings.
I just want an EV that is fun to drive, isnt super loving expensive, and ISNT a tesla.

poo poo I guess I forgot about the Polestar 2 and the Xc40 EV that are coming out. Those might be cool.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Franco Caution posted:

poo poo I guess I forgot about the Polestar 2 and the Xc40 EV that are coming out. Those might be cool.

My cousin in England just picked up a Polestar 2. It's awesome, despite the fact that he can't really drive it due to lockdown.

Something about it reminds me of the AMC Eagle sedans.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mr. Wiggles posted:

My cousin in England just picked up a Polestar 2. It's awesome, despite the fact that he can't really drive it due to lockdown.

Wow, I had never seen that before. The shape has definitely got some similarities.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Mr. Wiggles posted:

O yeah, I agree.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The US got the Mondeo as the Ford Contour iirc? This just looks like a Kia or something from the front.

https://twitter.com/AutoExpress/status/1357402565722439682?s=20

*edit: I appreciate the change in thread title too.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 5, 2021

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Franco Caution posted:

I too hate that loving screen so much, and it would be annoying controlling everything from within menus.
I still really need to sit in the seats first. I was thinking if I got one, it would need to be the GT performance variant, but those seats just seem so flat and not bolstered.

I applaud them for at least trying. Im a mazda freak and Mazda's EV is dogshit. Same with Chevy's offerings.
I just want an EV that is fun to drive, isnt super loving expensive, and ISNT a tesla.

This is where I am. My car is also a hobby and I can't justify spending lots of money on something that isn't fun. That's why I won't buy a Tesla.

I want a mini Taycan or something like it :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I sat in a Mach-E. The seats were fine for me and overall I liked it. I would strongly consider one except that the back seat is very small (legroom wise, head space is fine) and I am looking for something with more room than my current Fusion.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The US got the Mondeo as the Ford Contour iirc? This just looks like a Kia or something from the front.

I believe that it will come to the US as the new Fusion.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Previa_fun posted:

Mustang Mach-E chat:

I really like how the vehicle looks and I don't even care that they called it a Mustang but then welp they went with the stupid Tesla style "all controls on a tablet stuck on the dash"

I'm not even a screen hater, I don't even mind the type that stick up from the dash like modern Mazdas and Nissans have, because they're paired with actual interior controls.

I wonder how laggy and archaic this system will be in 5-10 years. And how expensive and difficult will it be to keep it working/repair? At least when the HVAC goes out in my car it's annoying to take my dash apart and switch out the control module, but this is going to be much more expensive.

Of course car manufacturers don't care much about longevity nowadays, they just want it to get through the warranty period then all bets are off.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Looks like an Accord Crosstour

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
If it comes in an AWD hybrid I’ll probably get one in a couple years

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Franco Caution posted:

Look into the 2017+ e-Golf, the range isn’t the greatest but people seem to love them because it’s just a normal Golf and fun to drive. It’s going to be my next car probably.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

kronix posted:

This is where I am. My car is also a hobby and I can't justify spending lots of money on something that isn't fun. That's why I won't buy a Tesla.

I want a mini Taycan or something like it :(

Some Porsche higher up hinted at the next Cayman/Boxster being electric in a presentation (it's years off obviously).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

what the gently caress is this dog poo poo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BraveUlysses posted:

its called style, gramps

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:stare:

At least in the winter all the snow and salt will blend right in with the paint job...

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Sab669 posted:

At least in the winter all the snow and salt will blend right in with the paint job...

Somebody's investment in a "Learn Photoshop in 21 Days" book is really paying off.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

If it was just the cloudy kinda pattern, I'd dig it. But the random thick lines and gears are just :wtc:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Why are all of BMWs special editions black and grey? Pick an interesting color damnit

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Reminds me of my truck in high school that I got for cheap because the previous owner keyed it to poo poo to stop the repo man(?)

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Sab669 posted:

When I bought my mercury I wasn't happy with the old-man-pants khaki paint. But now that I've had it for a couple years, I love it because I never have to wash it. This would kinda work the same way, except all the extra cog stencils look like crap.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Can't wait for them to slap an ST badge on this bad boy

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

BraveUlysses posted:

An art car by a famous artist?

http://www.artnet.com/artists/futura-2000-lenny-mcgurr/

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Sab669 posted:

How many kills do you have to get to unlock that skin

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

prom candy posted:

How many kills do you have to get to unlock that skin

Comes with premium account purchase, if you buy a mustang then you unlock it that way.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think that's the EB Games pre-order bonus skin.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The new Pathfinder is out, they've swapped the CVT for a ZF 9HP.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Russian Bear posted:

Some Porsche higher up hinted at the next Cayman/Boxster being electric in a presentation (it's years off obviously).

The real end all answer for me would be a Porsche Macan GTS when they offer it EV.
But sadly Porsche, and my job aren't in agreement of how much one should cost/how much I make.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 6, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

As Nero Danced posted:

I wonder how laggy and archaic this system will be in 5-10 years. And how expensive and difficult will it be to keep it working/repair? At least when the HVAC goes out in my car it's annoying to take my dash apart and switch out the control module, but this is going to be much more expensive.

Of course car manufacturers don't care much about longevity nowadays, they just want it to get through the warranty period then all bets are off.

It will certainly be archaic but it’s not like a phone where it’s going to get regular updates that eventually demand more than the hardware can provide. It’ll just end up with a dead end branch of the code base that runs fine but is obviously dated.

As far as repair...well, it’s a computer. If they have parts you’ll be able to repair it just like you can easily keep a 10 year old computer running on a 10 year old OS as long as you can replace the things that fail.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Previa_fun posted:

Mustang Mach-E chat:

At least they did better than Tesla and put the speedometer where it belongs. Also needs physical HVAC controls, especially for things like heated seats.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 6, 2021

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
These things need to be illegal

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Teslas? I agree

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
That too yes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ford could have knocked it out of the park with regular controls instead of copying Tesla, that giant screen is horrendous

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Ford could have knocked it out of the park with regular controls instead of copying Tesla, that giant screen is horrendous

but then how will the buying public know it's from tHe FuTuRe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guinness posted:

but then how will the buying public know it's from tHe FuTuRe?

The more electric the car is the larger the screen has to be. Corolla: small screen. Prius: medium screen. Tesla: huge loving screen.