Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What kind of monster rates the best show on tv a 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

Legends has literally gotten a 0.0 in the ratings and still been renewed. The CW is incredibly generous with their DC shows.

Assuming that's two wide open eyes that's the rating I give it every week my guy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

Legends has literally gotten a 0.0 in the ratings and still been renewed. The CW is incredibly generous with their DC shows.

Maybe it does huge streaming numbers

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

NieR Occomata posted:

Here’s my prediction for the end of WandaVision:

Spectrum/Monica Rambeau confronts Wanda, telling her she’s a mutant - probably bring in either Wolverine or Professor X (Elizabeth Olson has mentioned that there’s a crazy cameo in WV season 1 on the level of the one in Mandalorian) - to help her. They tell her that she’s dangerous, can’t be controlled, and needs to come with the mutants for monitoring. She responds with, quote, “No. MORE mutants.” and Thanos snaps a whole bunch of them into existence. Then she fucks off to god knows where, setting herself up as the main/primary antagonist of Phase 4.

Tommy and Billy wake up somewhere, having been snapped into existence. This, combined with Ms Marvel Kamala Khan/Kate Bishop/Cassie Lang, plus a possible Young Loki/Iron Lad, sets up YA as a main force to combat Scarlet Witch.

I think you're in for a disappointment. There's no way they have finished any of the X-Men casting yet, and there's no way they're bringing back the previous actors to just confuse things in the long run. Plus, I think it's pretty unlikely that Marvel/Disney is going to construct their entire mutant outlay around a treadworn, half-clever nerd meme that would only make sense if you read House of M.

My guess is we'll get Quicksilver or Ultron or Old Man Steve Rogers or like the cyber ghost of Tony Stark. MAYBE Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, or maaaybe Magik

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Legends of Tomorrow is a goddamned gift. I fell off watching the rest of the Arrowverse shows, but I will watch Legends live over the air. And yesterday, I wasn't really feeling Groundhog's Day, so I re-watched their time loop episode. That was a great decision.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Hell yeah Riverdale! RIP Katy Keene!

I watched Katy Keene, it was a show that had no idea what it was. a bit of a mercy killing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

site posted:

What kind of monster rates the best show on tv a 0

It means that basically nobody watched it live(or less than 119k people since it didn't even blip 0.1), not that the particular episode was bad.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I think you're in for a disappointment. There's no way they have finished any of the X-Men casting yet, and there's no way they're bringing back the previous actors to just confuse things in the long run. Plus, I think it's pretty unlikely that Marvel/Disney is going to construct their entire mutant outlay around a treadworn, half-clever nerd meme that would only make sense if you read House of M.

My guess is we'll get Quicksilver or Ultron or Old Man Steve Rogers or like the cyber ghost of Tony Stark. MAYBE Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, or maaaybe Magik

Not to mention the MCU may make stupid calls from time to time, but probably aren't willing to base an entire phase on "Woman loses partner, becomes so crazy that she tries to destroy the world."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SlimGoodbody posted:

It’s been pretty much confirmed x-men’s quicksilver is appearing

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm thinking it'll be deadpool. Just screwing around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

I'm thinking it'll be deadpool. Just screwing around.

That would fit just because Ryan Reynolds would absolutely be down for it, just on the concept it might possibly lead to a Deadpool 3.

Domino would be who I send into that poo poo if I was the one making the decision of sending someone from an X-Men film into that mess and try and fix it/

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/1357071363073314816
Legends season seven, let's do this. Kind of hilarious this is going to be one of the longest running CWVerse shows.

Glad to see Riverdale getting a sixth...also very surprised by Nancy Drew getting a third, betting that's prob its last or second last though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MoaM posted:

Glad to see Riverdale getting a sixth...also very surprised by Nancy Drew getting a third, betting that's prob its last or second last though

I'd put money on it being on air after Walker has been cancelled, unless Jensen Ackles somehow becomes Walker's partner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MoaM posted:

Nancy Drew is doing well enough that this season they're using it to do a backdoor pilot for a Tom Swift series.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

theironjef posted:

Not to mention the MCU may make stupid calls from time to time, but probably aren't willing to base an entire phase on "Woman loses partner, becomes so crazy that she tries to destroy the world."

I think if the show is able to turn Wanda into an antagonist while setting up Monica as a protagonist, and by examining how both characters reacted to trauma and loss of a very important person in their lives due to the effects of Thanos, then if they go that route it both makes sense and is earned.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s been pretty much confirmed x-men’s quicksilver is appearing

I doubt that has much of anything to do with how mutants are being introduced into the MCU, but we'll see.

In further WandaVision spoiler-related news (I don't consider this a particularly big one, but YMMV, be warned), Funko Pops have leaked of child Billy and Tommy wearing some intriguing Halloween costumes.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Knew it was coming but I still fuckin popped big for Evan Peters Quicksilver at the end of episode 5.

It's incredible how they manage to delight me in so many ways and continue to disappoint me by just reaffirming "no Wanda is doing this" over and over. Monica fighting for her innocence almost gives me hope, but comics have rendered that an impossible feat. :v:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Crossposting my current theory that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Some really clunky exposition in that episode. Also it shouldn't have been in widescreen.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Knew it was coming but I still fuckin popped big for Evan Peters Quicksilver at the end of episode 5.
Yeah that was cool.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

lol at Darcy's explanation of the spoiler of Pietro being recast

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat, Katherine Hahn been working out.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I was a little disappointed by the Endgame fight discussion. How do Jimmy and Darcy know who fought Thanos the best and the most, is it on dvd or something? It played like they had just also seen the movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Avengers likely told the US Government everything that happened in great detail.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
New Theory: Neither Jimmy nor Monica nor Darcy witnessed the fight against Thanos, but they're talking about it like they saw a movie. So, much like Marvel Comics exist within 616 as pseudo-biographical works, the MCU Disney Company is making biopics about the Avengers that are more or less the same as the real thing

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Spider-Man was probably streaming it on-site. :v:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The Avengers likely told the US Government everything that happened in great detail.

In this scenario the whole thing happened three weeks ago at the same time as everyone coming back from the blip. There's just no way there has been time for that to make it to like... Field FBI guys and astrophysicists.

That said I would love to see who they got for that debriefing. Just like Thor sitting in a chair breathlessly all "but then it turned out Cap can use my hammer and I was all I knew it but then Thanos had an army and it was like bzooom! And then Spider Man, whom I've never met but I gather it was him from context clues, he fell down and all the women rushed to his defense of course."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sesq posted:

New Theory: Neither Jimmy nor Monica nor Darcy witnessed the fight against Thanos, but they're talking about it like they saw a movie. So, much like Marvel Comics exist within 616 as pseudo-biographical works, the MCU Disney Company is making biopics about the Avengers that are more or less the same as the real thing

All three of them are high ranking government officials who would have been briefed.

Also the real villain is clearly the new SWORD director who is, if not actually evil, stupid to the point where he may as well be.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sesq posted:

So that scene from the boys but mcu

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know we have been joking about it for weeks but lmaooo that reveal

BrianWilly posted:

Crossposting my current theory that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

I suppose it's possible that Agnes is Wanda. Tbh I don't think she is but I'm open to the idea

Also the baby pictures of vision were hilarious

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

theironjef posted:

In this scenario the whole thing happened three weeks ago at the same time as everyone coming back from the blip. There's just no way there has been time for that to make it to like... Field FBI guys and astrophysicists.

That said I would love to see who they got for that debriefing. Just like Thor sitting in a chair breathlessly all "but then it turned out Cap can use my hammer and I was all I knew it but then Thanos had an army and it was like bzooom! And then Spider Man, whom I've never met but I gather it was him from context clues, he fell down and all the women rushed to his defense of course."

Ant-Man and Jimmy went out to dinner. :3:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

theironjef posted:

They are all actively working on the case or have direct personal collections to people involved in the fight. The case they are working on is directly related to a person heavily involved in the fight. If they didn't know before they were given this assignment, which I'm guessing Monica and Jimmy at least both did, they were 100% briefed when given the assignment and handed a dossier on Wanda.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
They really kicked things into high gear this episode. I like it. I would guess Vision is right to posit that it started subconsciously. Probably Agnes' doing. But once Wanda looked around and realized she was in a reality with Vision alive, she took over and fought to keep herself in the delusion.

Definitely popped for that ending.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

They are all actively working on the case or have direct personal collections to people involved in the fight. The case they are working on is directly related to a person heavily involved in the fight. If they didn't know before they were given this assignment, which I'm guessing Monica and Jimmy at least both did, they were 100% briefed when given the assignment and handed a dossier on Wanda.

"Okay, welcome to the briefing room. It's vital to this mission that you all know who punched Thanos, who is dead by the way, how hard they punched him, and in what order."

It's not like it's a problem, it's obviously just there to let us know a few things (Wanda is a definitely all-hands on deck threat level, Monica has some unresolved issues with Carol), but it was for sure kinda clunky.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

theironjef posted:

"Okay, welcome to the briefing room. It's vital to this mission that you all know who punched Thanos, who is dead by the way, how hard they punched him, and in what order."

It's not like it's a problem, it's obviously just there to let us know a few things (Wanda is a definitely all-hands on deck threat level, Monica has some unresolved issues with Carol), but it was for sure kinda clunky.

"One of the Avengers is in there. Here are all files relating directly to her, including testimony about the fight with Thanos." Do you think no one asked any questions or volunteered any answers about what happened?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

theironjef posted:

Monica has some unresolved issues with Carol

I'm actually glad this is a thing because I'm sure she would have a lot of complicated feelings regarding her other mom dying, returning as a superhero, and then promptly loving off for 20 years, leaving her and her mom out in the cold

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

Well they do say the show is leading to Dr. Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3, both about the multiverse. Now that Disney owns Fox, maybe Pietro will show up.... but it's the Evan Peters version

(Wanda Vision spoilers) *enters smug mode*

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

theironjef posted:

That said I would love to see who they got for that debriefing.

Clearly they got Luis to do it.

Non-joke answer: maybe Nebula played the tape back for everyone? She's clearly recording/transmitting everything she sees at all times.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It could have just been drones or recovered footage from the avengers compound that wasn't fried.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sesq posted:

All the movies we're watching are actually the in universe reinactment stories. Chris Evans is playing Chris Evans playing Steve Rodgers. How deep does the rabbit hole go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

It could have just been drones or recovered footage from the avengers compound that wasn't fried.

Like the three different Stark suits aren't constantly streaming video to the cloud?