Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Well that was a mushroom cloud of a turn

Are we going to slow play the next few turns to vacuum all the coins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

For splinter lets do Dark frenzy and corrupting embrace, dance around like a rat to generate Dark and do a huge xp shank? move on 10

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Superterranean posted:

Well that was a mushroom cloud of a turn

Are we going to slow play the next few turns to vacuum all the coins?

Scenario's not over until someone loots that chest, may as well just kill the snakes.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:agreed:.

Kill then vacuum. Does the chest require an explicit loot instead of standing on it?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Gonna short rest. I don't care what I lose. This is a wrap at this point. Next turn I'll kill the Doomed snek and grab a coin.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'll just hang back and burn some XP cards, on the assumption that Boris is the only one not retiring soon.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I assume we don't want to draw this out to get every possible coin and max out potential xp right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I assume we don't want to draw this out to get every possible coin and max out potential xp right?
Yeah we'll probably play another round/till the vipers die, then we'll have a quick money/xp montage to finish the Scenario.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decrepit Wood, Conclusion
I've examined the board again and I hope everyone is ok if we move things forward since A)there are only 5HP worth of enemies left and B)I have some unexpected extra time on hand today (and not too much tomorrow)! We'll fast forward trying to:
  • Maximize the Doomstalker XP - Splinter already has enough for her last level up, and Lina Megumin won't have enough either way.
  • Maximize gold on Boris - we are probable retiring both the MT and the SW and Boris's Personal Quest is all about the :10bux:

We need a montage posted:

That said even with Boris having a ton of cards left, he doesn't have much opportunity for XP, since every single XP generator left...is an Attack. The maximum he can get is 2XP from Race to the Grave (top) + 1XP from Swift Trickery (top) for a total of 3XP. With his LOOT1 on A Moment's Peace (bot) he can easily vacuum the coin tokens under and around the hex where Viper8 is currently standing, plus the one dropped from Viper1 and the one in the previous room, for a total of 6 coin tokens.

I'll keep Master Splinter and Lina Megumin Inverse's XP calculations quite simple: I'll award them the XP from the non attack cards they have left, without repetition. So Splinter gets 3XP and Lina Megumin gets 2XP.

Looting the Goal chest wins the Scenario!

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

The Harrowers proved quite difficult to take down, but in the end they fell just like any other foe. Feeling the rot of the place seeping into your bones, you hurriedly ransack the dwelling and locate the small earthen pot shown to you by the Voice. When you pick it up, the Voice fills your head. “Good! Yes, excellent! The infesters were but one guardian employed to block my passage. I give you now the second location. (33) Please bring the vessels back to me. I will reward you greatly.” (40)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Savvas Armory (33)
- (A-7)Ancient Defense Network (40) (F-12)
Scenario Rewards
None!
Victory Rewards
+12XP each!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 32.
- Master Splinter: FeralHave the most cards in your lost pile at the end of the scenario.The Goonmind has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓New PERK!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: HotheadAdd two cards to your lost pile before your first rest.The Goonmind has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓✓New PERK!
- Boris: Layabout*Gain 7 or fewer experience scenario. points during theThe Goonmind has not managed to accomplish the BG! .

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 32are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=4 is worth 4 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: 25XP (New Total 437XP) and 12 gold (New Total 71 gold). Master Splinter has enough experience to advance to Level 6!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: 26XP (New Total 311XP) and 20 gold (New Total 60 gold).
- Boris: 26XP (New Total 195XP) and 40 gold (New Total 80 gold).

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: Completed two Scenarios in the Lingering Swap (19, 32) (2/3), Unlock and complete Scenario 61 plot.
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Witnessed one ally retire (1/2).
- Boris: Have 200 gold (80/200).
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 8 posted:

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- If we want to follow Master Splinter's Personal Quest, we'll have to venture into the Fading Lighthouse (61) and follow its plot to conclusion!

- If we want to free the Voice we can now access the Savvas Armory (33) to reclaim its vessel!

If instead we don't trust the Voice, we can try to get to the bottom of what exactly it is, instead of just meddling with powers we do not understand. Maybe we can find some more answers in the Shrine of the Depths (30)

- While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

- We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- We can't go here...yet. But if we complete the Voice's request and find its vessel, we can try to free it facing the Ancient Defense Network!

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 32!
- City Event outcome, A or B!
- Our next Destination!
- Master Splinter: NEW CARD and 2 NEW PERKS. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above. These are the cards available to pick from:

- Lina Megumin Inverse: NEW PERK. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above.
- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.

A big thank you to our players Zulily Zoetrope and Elephant Ambush - and of course to The Goonmind! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to Narsham and Ripley to let them know they're up next - and to DarthRoblox and Car Hater as potential subs.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 5, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

MVP: Everyone, high fives all round I feel like each of our 3 characters contributed well to this scenario, and despite some gnarly enemy situations we managed to take the scenario apart like pros.
City Event: A never not eat quatryl food it is super good
Destination: 61, Fading Lighthouse
Splinter's Card: Domination Shared Nightmare because I took Shared Nightmare when I Mindthiefed in our RL playthrough. I wouldn't be upset if Shared NightmareDomination won though.
Splinter's Perks: add 2xRollover+1 and add rollover disarm&rollover muddle
Lina's Perk: +0 Stun

e: changing splinter card vote to Shared Nightmare

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 5, 2021

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
MVP: Lina for barbecuing the last room.
City Event: A
Destination: 61, Fading Lighthouse. Splinter had a long career, it's about time to start planning her retirement.
Splinter's Card: Domination .
Splinter's Perks: add 2x Rollover +1 and add rollover stun
Lina's Perk: add + 1 Curse
Money: Splinter and Lina donate 10g
Purchases: Boris buys the Piercing Bow and the Eagle-Eye Goggles (total 60 g). Boris' equipment sucks right now.

Kanthulhu fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 5, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I only checked into the thread as you were in the second room, but...
MVP: Spellweaver
City Event: A - SMALL MINDTHIEF NEEDS FOOD BADLY
Destination: 61, Fading Lighthouse - if Ms. Mindthief is gonna retire shortly, then it'd be good to get her Personal Quest (and item) completed.
Splinter's Card: Shared Nightmare is too good to pass up.
Splinter's Perks: add Rolling and Stun and add Rolling+Disarm & Rolling+Muddle.
Lina's Perk: add +1 and Curse.
Purchase: 30g from Boris to get Eagle Eye Goggles. Boris has a bunch of high damage single attacks, you want him with advantage.
Bonus Crits: 10g from Splinter to get them sweet sweet bless cards x2.

e: Question answered VVV.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 5, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

e: is the Sacred Oak donations envelope opened? If NO, then Splinter and Lina should donate 10g. If YES, then only Splinter should donate 10g.
It is! You can check our current prosperity/donations in the OP :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Wait I thought my battle goal was open a door and kill a monster in the same turn :confused:

That's why I lobbied for the kill in the first room so that I could open the door in the same turn. Was there a miscommunication?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 32 - Lina for all the Cold Fire stun spam. That helped a lot.

- City Event outcome - A I LOVE FOOD

- Our next Destination - Whatever helps people retire so Lighthouse

- Master Splinter: NEW CARD - Shared Nightmare

- 2 NEW PERKS - Rolling STUN and Rolling Disarm + Rolling Muddle

- Lina Megumin Inverse: NEW PERK. +1 Curse

- Money matters!

Boris should donate

Enhance the top of Fresh Kill with Wound

Enhance the top of Press the Attack with +1 Attack

Edit:

habeasdorkus posted:

Purchase: 30g from Boris to get Eagle Eye Goggles. Boris has a bunch of high damage single attacks, you want him with advantage.

Strong disagree here. Expose gives Boris advantage against Doomed enemies which means he pretty much has advantage the whole scenario. Once we get Darkened Skies I would lobby for a Hawk Helm to increase the range.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 5, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait I thought my battle goal was open a door and kill a monster in the same turn :confused:

Ah my bad! I must have messed up something with the update sheet :) In that case reminder for myself to add +12checkmarks to Boris!

This also means a Perk for Boris. I'll add an option to vote for it in tomorrow's update.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 5, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Ah my bad! I must have messed up something with the update sheet :) In that case reminder for myself to add +1checkmark to Boris!

It's a double check goal:

Multitasker: Kill a monster and open a door on the same round. Rewards:✓✓

:)

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
City Event: A.
Destination: 61, Fading Lighthouse.
Splinter's Card: Shared Nightmare is excellent.
Splinter's Perks: Add 2x rolling +1 and add 2x rolling Immobilize
Lina's Perk: Add a +1 Curse

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 5, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

MVP: Spellweaver Explosion!
City Event Outcome: A eat it
Destination: Lighthouse I'm fairly sure the Cragheart in my party turned that mission into a tower defense maze with some strategic obstacle movement and creation, but I don't have my mission book to double check.
New MT card: Shared Nightmare looks great.
MT perk: the rolling +1 and the rolling disarm rolling muddle package
Lina perk: +1 curse
Money: Lina and Splinter donate, I'm inclined to save money on Boris because I'm all about seeing more characters in action

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's a double check goal:

Multitasker: Kill a monster and open a door on the same round. Rewards:✓✓

:)

This also means a Perk for Boris! I'll add an option to vote for it in tomorrow's update.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXII, Update 1

Votes so far posted:

• MVP/Play of the Game: Lina Megumin Inverse is very clearly the favorite to win so we're calling it early! :agesilaus:
  • Our next Destination: we're going to the Fading Lighthouse (61) to progress our MT and SW's Personal Quests.
  • Master Splinter: Splinter's new card is going to be Shared Nightmare:

Her new Perks are going to be 2xRolling+1 and Rolling Disarm & Rolling Muddle.

• Lina Megumin Inverse: her new Perk is going to be +1 Curse.

• Money matters Splinter and Lina both donate 10g to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary (61 and 50g left, respectively) and receive 2xBLESS for the next Scenario! We are unsure if we want Boris to spend any of its money or not, so we're going to vote on several things before the next update (if we want him to donate, buy a Piercing Bow or the Eagle-Eye Goggles and Enhance one or more cards).

City Event 13, resolution posted:

Effect: -3g each, everyone start with 1xBLESS.
It's a good time to remember that there are only 10x Player BLESS cards (and 10x Monster BLESS) in the box, so we are at 7/10 right now. If we run out of cards of a certain type it's not possible to add them anymore until they are returned to the box!

Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 58 posted:

:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Boris donates: Yes or No.
  2. Boris buys a Piercing Bow: Yes or No.
  3. Boris buys the Eagle-Eye Goggles: Yes or No.
  4. Boris Enhances the top of Fresh Kill with WOUND: Yes or No.
  5. Boris Enhances the top of Press the Attack with +1ATK: Yes or No.
  6. Road Event outcome, A or B!
:siren::siren::siren:

I've only received a positive answer from one of our Subs (and one of our Players had to bow out), so we may have a slight delay starting the next Scenario. I'll reach out to a third potential Sub, MarquiseMindfang, to be on the safe side :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 6, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

you broke the road event image.

Also Option A We got like a mind controlling rat lady and a hunter person.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Boris donates: No.
Boris buys a Piercing Bow: Yes.
Boris buys the Eagle-Eye Goggles: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Fresh Kill with WOUND: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Press the Attack with +1ATK: No.
Road Event outcome: A

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Boris donates: No.
Boris buys a Piercing Bow: No.
Boris buys the Eagle-Eye Goggles: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Fresh Kill with WOUND: No.
Boris Enhances the top of Press the Attack with +1ATK: No.
Road Event outcome, A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

AtomikKrab posted:

Option A We got like a mind controlling rat lady and a hunter person.

:hmmyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Boris donates: Yes

Boris buys a Piercing Bow: No but I like this idea after we (hopefully) get Darkened Skies

Boris buys the Eagle-Eye Goggles: No totally redundant with Expose active

Boris Enhances the top of Fresh Kill with WOUND: Yes

Boris Enhances the top of Press the Attack with +1ATK: Yes in general enhancements are WAY better for the Doomstalker than gear. For example, with Expose active and Rain of Arrows doom on an enemy, this enhancement will let Boris shoot for 8 damage with advantage. I am of the opinion that's pretty good.

Road Event outcome, A I trust doggo fren

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXII,Update 2 and Scenario 61 Preamble.

Vote Results posted:

• Boris's Money: In the end, we're saving all of it - no option had at least a positive +2 consensus.
  • Boris's PERK: I forgot to put this to a vote :v: The list is available in the DS sheet below.
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 58, resolution posted:

Effect: No effect!
Updated Sheets

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 61 - Fading Lighthouse

Scenario 61 - Fading Lighthouse - Location posted:

Scenario 61 - Fading Lighthouse - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 61 before starting it:
Links to:Pit of Souls – #62
Requirements: “The Fall of Man” personal quest
Goal: Loot all treasure tiles
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 61 - Fading Lighthouse - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Oozes:

Giant Vipers

Frost Demons:

Flame Demons:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 61 - Fading Lighthouse - Introduction posted:

You knew it would be in the Lingering Swamp—you have a sense about these things. You didn’t know what you were looking for, though, until you saw it—a lighthouse on a distant shore, calling to you with its beam. You had looked away for a second to get the attention of a companion, and when you then turned back to point, the lighthouse was gone. Most people would have written off the experience, claiming they were seeing things, but you knew it was a sign. You knew you would find the lighthouse again and, with it, the answers you seek. It took a bit of coordination, but now here you stand on the southern cliffs overlooking the Misty Sea. Before you, an antiquated lighthouse fades in and out of sight, somehow caught between two planes of existence. The building was clearly made by those who came before. You enter it without hesitation, knowing that this place’s unique condition is the key to your search. You need to find some documentation of what happened here— journals, notes, letters, any clues you can uncover.

Scenario Special Rules
The monsters in the scenario are split into two groups. Oozes and Giant Vipers constitute “Group 1.” Flame Demons and Frost Demons constitute “Group 2.”
During all odd rounds, starting with the first, only Group 1 monsters activate and can be affected by abilities. During these rounds, Group 2 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. All figures can move through hexes containing Group 2 monsters, but cannot end their movement in those hexes.
During even rounds, the exact opposite is the case. Group 2 monsters act normally, while Group 1 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. The treasure tiles can only be looted using a Loot action. They cannot be looted by normal end-of-turn looting.

Players spaw tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

DarthRoblox and MarquiseMindfang please provide:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

The Goonmind (controlling our Doomstalker) should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
- Hunter*: Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario. Rewards:✓
- Pincushion: Get attacked by three or more monsters in the same round. Rewards:✓

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Not that it relates to anything, but when Pikachu retired, we got to add events 58 to our event decks.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Since we need to loot four chests, all of which require Loot actions, we should make sure to bring enough non-loss Loot cards (and keep at least one until the end).

1. Boris's current hand is good.
2. Doesn't matter to me where Boris starts, we have a long range so we can hit most anything.
3. Swift Trickery + Rain of Arrows (11)
4. Hunter, should be easy for Boris.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need to pick a PERK for Boris cause I forgot again, somehow :v:

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Add the perk that says add Target

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Whatever makes attack numbers bigger!

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Mindthief here - Goin' fast, setting up and stunning the elite viper.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Fading Lighthouse, Round 1A

Hand Changes posted:

- Master Splinter: removesFeedback Loop to add Shared Nightmare.
- Lina Megumin Inverse: no Hand changes!
- Boris: no Hand changes!

- Boris's Battle Goal is Hunter (Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario. Rewards: ✓)

- Boris's PERK is add Target (rolling).

quote:

Scenario Special Rules
The monsters in the scenario are split into two groups. Oozes and Giant Vipers constitute “Group 1.” Flame Demons and Frost Demons constitute “Group 2.”
During all odd rounds, starting with the first, only Group 1 monsters activate and can be affected by abilities. During these rounds, Group 2 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. All figures can move through hexes containing Group 2 monsters, but cannot end their movement in those hexes.
During even rounds, the exact opposite is the case. Group 2 monsters act normally, while Group 1 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. The treasure tiles can only be looted using a Loot action. They cannot be looted by normal end-of-turn looting."

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and The Mind's Weakness.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Boris (Hand12, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Swift Trickery and Rain of Arrows.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5"

"RAIN OF ARROWS (33) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: the next four times a Doomed enemy dies, perform an ATK2, Range5 action. - XP1 on 1st and 3rd activation - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all your Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 91 with Aid from the Ether and Engulfed in Flames.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

91. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"AID FROM THE ETHER (91) [LvlX]
TOP: HEAL3, Range3
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range(3)) - XP2 - LOSS"

"ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 8, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

This is an Odd Round, so the demons do not exist and do not activate!

This makes the doomstalker slightly awkward, as dooms are banished to the shadow realm for half of the turns (depending on the specific wording of Race to the Grave, it might function on off turns?).

So... Doom the far elite snake, hit it from where we stand? Or is it better to lay into an Ooze?

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 8, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Adding a visual aid to better remember which monsters are phased out during each round:

"Phased out" monsters are immune to abilities, so Race to the Grave does not affect them in the Round they are phased out. I would also add that status effects (IE: Stun) do not run their course during the Round they are phased out. Since they can't be attacked, I presume they can't be targeted, so summons will not focus them.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 8, 2021

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
I suppose Boris should focus the snake number 10. It's an elite and very close. Doom it and shoot it good.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
A few suggestions:

Splinter should use Invisibility Cloak. By default, she's going to be attacked by 3 Oozes and 2 Vipers this round. Invisibility won't stop any of those attacks, but it will spread them across Lina and Boris (and Lina won't be poisoned, so the normal Ooze attacks will be weaker).

Boris should doom and attack a normal Viper, in an attempt to kill it. We're collectively taking 6 attacks this round, so eliminating one of them will be a big help.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Splinter can stun the elite snek, then boris focus fires on the normal to kill it's rear end. Lina when she goes can fireball something. Then next turn lina needs to go super fast and use the ice and fire before the demons do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Fading Lighthouse, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Giant Viper 10(E) for 2 (1base, x2BLESSmod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Giant Viper 10(E) is at 9 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Gains 1XP.
Master Splinter activates Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBLE.
ICE is now strong.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Rain of Arrows (bot) targeting Giant Viper 8! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all your Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Swift Trickery (top)! Attacks Giant Viper 8 for 7 (4base, +1mod, +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Giant Viper 8 is killed! Rain of Arrows is discarded.

36. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 10(E) focuses Boris! Moves2 to G2. Attacks Boris for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Boris is at 9 HP and is POISONED!
- Ooze 1 focuses Boris! Moves3 to H2. Attacks Boris for 2 (2base, -1mod, POISON) damage.
Boris is at 7 HP and is POISONED!
- Ooze 6 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves1 to B2 Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 10 HP.

58. Giant Vipers posted:

- Giant Viper 3(E) focuses Boris! Jumps3 to H3. Attacks Boris for 5 (2base, +2'mod, POISON) damage.
Boris is at 2 HP and is POISONED!
- Giant Viper 10(E) focuses Boris! Loses STUNNED token.
- Giant Viper 6 focuses Boris! Jumps3 to F3. Attacks Boris for 2 (1base, +0mod, POISON) damage.
Boris retroactively loses a card to prevent lethal damage! Boris is at 5 HP and is POISONED!

Please let me know which card to lose to prevent the 5 damage attack :)

58. Frost Demons posted:

Are phased out!

77. Flame Demons posted:

Are phased out!

91. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Engulfed in Flames (top)! Attacks Giant Viper 6 for 6 (4base, +2ICEmod) damage!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Aid from the Ether (bot)! Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range(3)) in hex B3. Gains 2XP.
ICE is now strong.
FIRE is now strong.

[/quote]

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.
- FIRE is now waning.
"Scenario Special Rules
During even rounds, the exact opposite is the case. Group 2 monsters act normally, while Group 1 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. The treasure tiles can only be looted using a Loot action. They cannot be looted by normal end-of-turn looting."

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin: