Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Momonari kun posted:

I played a Yamaha YTS-23 (or something really similar) as far as I can tell from pictures online. If I'm looking for something to just noodle around on at home, is that model still okay? It's been 25 years so maybe they make them lovely nowadays.

I'm currently looking at local used options, as I don't need anything new, but are there any specific things to watch out for?

I started playing trumpet last year because my brother gave me his and it was a student model made in the USA in the 90s. I couldn't not learn to play with such a solid instrument. It's a shame you don't have your old one because new instrument quality is really weird because China is producing so many low-cost ones. Unfortunately, the mass-produced ones out there degrade quickly and if you can find a tech who will work on them it will cost almost as much as you paid for it. I had a Medini flute ($100) that I learned on for two years before buying a used Armstrong and it turned out I was having a hard time on the high notes because the Medini just wasn't any good.

If you're on Facebook, I HIGHLY recommend joining a group called "Hobbyist Band Repair" and messaging either Chad Walker or Paul Heimann (esp Paul- he goes by username HornFixer.geo on eBay) about used saxes. You can also post a requests to see if anyone has one for sale on their "Buy/Sell Something Saturdays". The group is 95% hobbyist repair people but there are a few people who are retired techs who repair stuff for fun and sell it cheap. You will get an older sax that has been rebuilt/checked and repadded and you can make it sound great. I got the aforementioned flute and a Noblet Clarinet (beginner-intermediate clarinet) for $200.

Paul's ebay
https://www.ebay.com/usr/hornfixer.geo?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

The Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bandrepair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

If you're on Facebook, I HIGHLY recommend joining a group called "Hobbyist Band Repair" and messaging either Chad Walker or Paul Heimann (esp Paul- he goes by username HornFixer.geo on eBay) about used saxes.

Not on Facebook, but I'll try to reach out to Paul on eBay. Thanks! Not in the US, so my options are probably a bit more limited, but sounds like avoiding cheap new stuff is advised. Since I did most of my playing on a Yamaha student instrument, that might not be a bad choice if I can find a decent used model. New prices locally for a student Yamaha are about $1800, which is quite a bit more than I want to spend now. Or maybe even if I could get a YTS62 or something at that price used, that would awesome.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Is there a way to buy schaller strap locks, but only the part that attaches to the strap? I only have one bass guitar but I have a few straps that are fun to switch around. Bonus if I can buy it in Canada, I guess.

Alternately, are any of the cheap amazon Schaller knockoffs any good? Because I can just buy like, a pack of ten for the same price as one genuine lock.

Bumping to answer my own question. Couldn't find anywhere to buy just the locks without buttons, but these (specific) Amazon locks I tried fit my Schaller buttons with exactly the same amount of play that the genuine article has and lock in place as expected.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BPM3H16/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might be made from inferior metal but doesn't seem to be in any imminent danger of failing. The strap locks themselves aren't as fancy as the Schaller genuine article but not unsightly. They lack the little ground-in ramp cutaway on the locking mechanism that the real thing has so you have to pull the nub to attach the lock, as opposed to just sliding it on.

Probably would not cheap out if I had a two thousand dollar guitar or whatever, but my $500 Squier bass should be just fine.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Bagpipes anyone? Tell me about Bagpipes please, I want to buy some. Just to have perhaps but maybe to play as well.
[edit] Listening to bag pipe music, it brings a tear to my eye

Cheese Thief fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 15, 2020

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I had a friend who wanted to learn the bagpipes, I think you typically start on the chanter before you add the bag.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
How can I learn to be more effective with EQ? I just want to get better at knowing what’s missing.

Like when a conversational voice is described as “dull and lifeless,” how do I fix that?

When I only care about hearing one specific sound in a noisy place, like a ball being kicked, how do I know what to boost or remove?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

How can I learn to be more effective with EQ? I just want to get better at knowing what’s missing.

Like when a conversational voice is described as “dull and lifeless,” how do I fix that?

When I only care about hearing one specific sound in a noisy place, like a ball being kicked, how do I know what to boost or remove?

A quick google brought up this guide which looks pretty good: https://www.musicianonamission.com/approach-equalization-two-types-eq/#How_to_Use_an_Equalizer_by_Learning_the_Frequency_Spectrum Learning the science of how frequencies work definitely helped in my understanding of EQ. There's lots of great youtube videos that will help too, just make sure you listen with good headphones!

If you are a guitar player, there's a great pedal called "freeze" that will "freeze" the note/chord you play so it is constantly ringing. When I'm toneshaping on guitar, I learned a lot about EQ by freezing a chord, setting down my guitar, and then tinkering with the EQ. Over time I started to develop a better sense of how EQ works on guitar. I imagine you can find something similar for other instruments, or similar software in a DAW if you are making electronic music.

I'm not expert by any means, but I hope some of this was helpful.

EDIT: Another thing I did to help was get an EQ app on my phone/laptop and tinker with the EQ while I listen to music. Just simple stuff, but if you're like me and listen to a lot of music, the constant tinkering starts to help you develop a better sense of EQ faster than you'd think! For example, if there's a song I like and I want the bass boosted, and my EQ has 4 sliders in the bass range, tinkering with those and listening to the results will help me understand which sliders make the bass sound which way.

I listen to a lot of hardbop and 50s/60s jazz and always found the bass to be nearly inaudible. At first I just hit "bass boost" button on the EQ, but then it just made everything sound bassier. Honing in on certain frequencies until it sounded the way I liked help me learn how to get the bass how I like it to sound in jazz. I'd do this frequently over a variety of different genres, and after a while got a decent sense of how to do basic, simple EQ for music. This is obviously a simple first step, but it's a great way to just generally help your ear. Though tinkering with the EQ on a finished song is a lot different than tinkering with the EQ while making music, you get the idea and I've found both helpful.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 16, 2020

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I guess like everything, it comes down to experience. I may just need to collect some audio samples to focus on in my own time. I wish I had any musical experience at all.

I mix for broadcast. Live, almost always sports. For a long time I’ve been in a nice rotation of small gigs where I can get away with some slop. I could get away with some HPFs to clear congestion and call it good.

Lately I’ve been getting thrown into some bigger gigs. Like... shows that you’re probably aware of if you flip around on TV. Suddenly there are a lot of ears listening to my mixes and making a lot of critiques that I don’t know how to respond to.

I probably just need to make some multitrack records and play as-live later.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

I guess like everything, it comes down to experience. I may just need to collect some audio samples to focus on in my own time. I wish I had any musical experience at all.

I mix for broadcast. Live, almost always sports. For a long time I’ve been in a nice rotation of small gigs where I can get away with some slop. I could get away with some HPFs to clear congestion and call it good.

Lately I’ve been getting thrown into some bigger gigs. Like... shows that you’re probably aware of if you flip around on TV. Suddenly there are a lot of ears listening to my mixes and making a lot of critiques that I don’t know how to respond to.

I probably just need to make some multitrack records and play as-live later.

You probably already know more about EQ than I do in that case, I'm far from an expert just a hobbyist musician, but I wish you the best of luck my friend. Sounds like a pretty cool gig.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

experience is definitely going to be the key--i've been doing sound design for a few years now and i'm still constantly learning how to apply EQ effectively, and especially learning how to articulate stuff that i have a sense of but not enough to apply on demand. it sounds like the major thing you're running into right now is that part, and it's one of the hardest parts imo, if for no other reason than how our language around sound is based very much on visual terminology. you can find EQ guides all over the place, but i found them very hard to follow until i got a handle on the language.

lifeless might mean it could stand to be brighter, so you could try a wide, low boost around 5-6k, but it also might mean it's overly compressed so you could back off on that if you have it going. lifeless is a hard critique to get because it can mean so many things!

i think one of the most useful exercises i've done is slapping a parametric EQ on something, setting one of the segments to a pretty narrow Q, boosting the gain a bunch, and then sweeping it across the spectrum until i find whichever sound i hate :v: i spent a week or so doing it to every recording made in the studio i work at till i finally nailed down what kind of cut i needed to make to get rid of the boxiness i was hearing, and it was extremely satisfying.

so it's useful that way, but also useful in terms of teaching you what frequencies make things sound like the thing they sound like, so you know what not to cut, which is useful for layering things like you're probably doing. so maybe instead of boosting the frequencies of the voice, you'll know which frequencies you can cut in other layers. music knowledge helps because it's a very intense version of that, but you've already got some of that knowledge--your congestion clearing HPFs were a nice chainsaw, you just need to use a chisel to do detailed versions of that same thing.

also, remember to take frequent breaks! i'm really bad about this, but your ear quickly gets numb to certain frequencies as you listen to stuff, so try to take breaks every 20 minutes or so or else you'll feel like you're never making progress. and you're not, because the goalpoasts keep moving on you!

hopefully some of that is helpful!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I just want to point out that dull and lifeless could just as well reflect on the performance and maybe be something you can't fix on your end. Or maybe it's so close mic'ed that it lacks room acoustics. It's a real tricky thing to translate these comments to what the actual problem is, if indeed there is one.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Mic chat: Recommend me a new podcasting/streaming mic.
I've been eyeing the Shure SM7b for quite some time, but I'm also wondering what else is out there around that price point. I stumbled upon the Lewitt LCT 540 and thought "wow that's cool" but honestly it's like double what I want to spend on a mic. LCT 440 looks like it might fit the bill though.

If nobody can make a recommendation I'd appreciate a point in the right direction. I don't really know of any "studio gear / microphone" forums.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Quick Monitor question/concern:

Got 2 KRK (classic) 5s hooked up to a Numark Mixtrack (rip that dj phase of my life) that also hooked up to my PC. Music and video games are very clear and in some cases extremely loud n powerful (on full blast). Anyway, I've recently noticed that one monitor dies and can be resurrected by picking up the monitor and moving it back and forth until the thing POPS and KICKS hella loving loud and viola it works again. Weird right? It was a refurb I bought probably over 10 years ago. So I can't complain really. Should I open that bad boy up and see if anything is loose or not connected right? I plan on buying a NEW KRK after the holidays, but if I can fix it then I can save $149.00 bucks.

Anyone have experience with, uh, this issue?

(I'm going to buy 2 new ones at some point anyway so that's kinda pointless but I'd like to try)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anyone know if/how you can adjust the butterfly-or-whatever-they're-called latches for a roadcase?

The left latch on my pedalboard case (which is technically a turntable roadcase) has gotten tighter and tighter over the years and it's at the point to where I can no longer rotate the tab to lock the lid in place. The mechanism turns freely if I'm not trying to close the case, so it's only when I'm trying to latch it down. Nothing looks to be bent, and everything closes flush, so it's not like it's needing to apply any additional pressure.

Any thoughts?

Here's the latch in question:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Have you tried lubing it?
Some 3 in 1 oil or any light oil WD40 etc... give it a few drops and see if it helps at all

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thumposaurus posted:

Have you tried lubing it?
Some 3 in 1 oil or any light oil WD40 etc... give it a few drops and see if it helps at all

I'll give it a shot, but it turns freely when there's no tension on it. It's hard to explain, but it's more like there's too much tension, or a gap in the lid.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hi Musicians Lounge, the circus is in town - come display your skills!

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Anyone know if this kind of setup is replicable in Logic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtRYNOPnPM

Specifically I mean having sound sources constantly looping and you're recording live and controlling parameters like volume, mix of instruments etc as the track is recording rather than laying out tracks and doing automation which I find a pretty boring way to make music.

I suppose what I'd like is to have Logic instruments / samples constantly playing and I control the levels effects etc via the mixer with the end result being recorded live.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I dont know specifically how you'd go about routing it in Logic but couldn't you send all your source tracks to a buss and record the output of that buss?
In terms of the sounds themselves could you set up EXS24 so that you hit a key to trigger your sound and it then loops indefinitely? I know I can do this in pretty much any sampler plugin I have tried. This would save you having to figure out how to record linearly whilst the project looped like it would have to if it was audio tracks as your sources.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

didn't know if there's a thread for like, non-synth MIDI controllers so i'll be safe and ask here:

a friend offered me an Arturia Minilab they weren't using for totally free after i lamented having to use my computer keyboard for music stuff. this is a pretty good deal, it has features that i would like, and i am probably going to take it regardless! however, since they didn't mention a mk2 or 3 after it, i'm assuming it's the original one from 2013(?), which would make sense.

i just want to know how well they were received at the time and if there's anything i should be aware of before getting a MIDI controller from possibly 8-9 years ago.

also maybe some tips on cleaning them :sweatdrop:

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

NonzeroCircle posted:

I dont know specifically how you'd go about routing it in Logic but couldn't you send all your source tracks to a buss and record the output of that buss?
In terms of the sounds themselves could you set up EXS24 so that you hit a key to trigger your sound and it then loops indefinitely? I know I can do this in pretty much any sampler plugin I have tried. This would save you having to figure out how to record linearly whilst the project looped like it would have to if it was audio tracks as your sources.

Yes! This worked! I routed all soft instruments to a bus and then used that bus as an input of an audio track. All my 'live' changes are captured. Amazing thank you!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

didn't know if there's a thread for like, non-synth MIDI controllers so i'll be safe and ask here:

a friend offered me an Arturia Minilab they weren't using for totally free after i lamented having to use my computer keyboard for music stuff. this is a pretty good deal, it has features that i would like, and i am probably going to take it regardless! however, since they didn't mention a mk2 or 3 after it, i'm assuming it's the original one from 2013(?), which would make sense.

i just want to know how well they were received at the time and if there's anything i should be aware of before getting a MIDI controller from possibly 8-9 years ago.

also maybe some tips on cleaning them :sweatdrop:

I think other than that (I personally think that) capacitive input on a keyboard is horrible (ask me about all the capacitive faders on my MAX49 :suicide:) I can't find any huge downsides. They seem like perfectly serviceable keyboards, and the amount of controls look like they're perfect to interface with Arturia's awesome softsynth VST collection. You could do a lot worse for free :)

Make sure to grab the MIDI Control Software from Arturia's site.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 18, 2021

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Its been a long time since I have played with a band, but back then the main way to find people was using craigslist, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Is there somewhere else now people hang out to find other musicians? Grindr?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Brotein_Shake posted:

Its been a long time since I have played with a band, but back then the main way to find people was using craigslist, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Is there somewhere else now people hang out to find other musicians? Grindr?

Starting a band off of Grindr is probably worth it just for the stories you would get out of it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Brotein_Shake posted:

Is there somewhere else now people hang out to find other musicians? Grindr?

You just answered your own question my friend

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Martytoof posted:

I think other than that (I personally think that) capacitive input on a keyboard is horrible (ask me about all the capacitive faders on my MAX49 :suicide:) I can't find any huge downsides. They seem like perfectly serviceable keyboards, and the amount of controls look like they're perfect to interface with Arturia's awesome softsynth VST collection. You could do a lot worse for free :)

Make sure to grab the MIDI Control Software from Arturia's site.

you mean those godawful touch sensor things? yeah, really wish they were wheels but still pretty good for free! much better than the last free keyboard i had, which was some early 90s radioshack thing. can i still get the softsynth stuff from arturia if i'm getting it secondhand? i figure all the stuff will be registered by now, if it's even going to be included (kinda expecting just the keyboard itself, to be honest; anything else would be a nice little surprise)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

The encoder knobs on the mk1 are absolute garbage. They are very skippy and take too many rotations to go through the full range. You can set them to a non-linear accelerating mode that just drops even more data.

The soft touch rubber on the knobs will have gone to sticky goop. You can just take the caps off though.

It says it's class compliant on the box, but I couldn't get it to work on android at all. This may not matter to you.

The keys are surprisingly ok though. I have no problems with the touch strips and the pads are serviceable.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

you mean those godawful touch sensor things? yeah, really wish they were wheels but still pretty good for free! much better than the last free keyboard i had, which was some early 90s radioshack thing. can i still get the softsynth stuff from arturia if i'm getting it secondhand? i figure all the stuff will be registered by now, if it's even going to be included (kinda expecting just the keyboard itself, to be honest; anything else would be a nice little surprise)

The softsynth stuff I'm thinking of is their advanced ($$) line but it did seem to come with a Lite version of their generic modular synth. Not sure how Arturia will handle secondhand devices but honestly I'd just email their support and tell them you've got a secondhand unit. They probably won't give you the Ableton Live license that was included but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. You can get great free synth VSTs (Synth1, get ready to assign all your knobs :D ) anyway so it's nbd.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

The encoder knobs on the mk1 are absolute garbage. They are very skippy and take too many rotations to go through the full range. You can set them to a non-linear accelerating mode that just drops even more data.

The soft touch rubber on the knobs will have gone to sticky goop. You can just take the caps off though.

It says it's class compliant on the box, but I couldn't get it to work on android at all. This may not matter to you.

The keys are surprisingly ok though. I have no problems with the touch strips and the pads are serviceable.

agh, noooo, i wanted the knobs for dicking around in vcv rack :negative: at least the keys and pads are alright, though

Martytoof posted:

The softsynth stuff I'm thinking of is their advanced ($$) line but it did seem to come with a Lite version of their generic modular synth. Not sure how Arturia will handle secondhand devices but honestly I'd just email their support and tell them you've got a secondhand unit. They probably won't give you the Ableton Live license that was included but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. You can get great free synth VSTs (Synth1, get ready to assign all your knobs :D ) anyway so it's nbd.

i got ableton lite from that splice promo months back so no harm there!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

agh, noooo, i wanted the knobs for dicking around in vcv rack :negative:
For the money you can give it a shot! Maybe we both find out I'm just an extremely nitpicky bastard.

Mk1 didn't come with ableton live to begin with. It came with analog lab which is a preset box with the best sounds of their top of the line plugins with limited parameters to edit. Came as standalone and vst plugin. Not a bad thing to have. There's a license transfer procedure that the original owner can start up if they still have the codes that came with it.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Brotein_Shake posted:

Is there somewhere else now people hang out to find other musicians? Grindr?

this is like the opposite of hooking up with people you meet at shows

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Crossposting from the music theory thread:

Let me preface this by saying to please tell me where to gently caress off to if I've parachuted into the wrong thread. That said...

I've hired a musician to write music for my game (dev.log thread). They've turned out some great tracks, but I've noticed that they have a real weakness when it comes to writing melodies. Their approach generally is to create a phrase that they like, then repeat it several times verbatim. When I ask them to add variation, have the repetitions build on each other and bring them to a satisfying conclusion, their response generally is to randomly tweak a few notes in the successive phrases, or make the phrases so long and meandering that they feel pretty breathless by the end. Neither of which is what I was asking for.

I don't have any formal music theory training; just a few years' worth of piano and cello, and growing up with classical music and a skilled pianist in the family. I'm pretty good at listening to a piece and picking out what's wrong, and I can sometimes supply my own suggested melodies, but I can't figure out how to tell my composer to just, like, write better melodies. Are there some resources online I could point them to? Maybe some kind of breakdown of what makes for a satisfying melodic line? Like, here's the introductory phrase, here's the digression, here's where we heighten the tension, here's where we bring it to a satisfying conclusion, and these are the specific things at each step that create those emotional responses in the listener.

I feel like it's gonna be an awkward conversation no matter what. But hopefully we can phrase this as an opportunity to train on the job, or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For the first time in 12 years, I'm getting a new computer. My last (and current) one was/is a Mac Pro, using a Firestudio 2626 interface (that's legacy, so... cool. That's been a super fun work-around :shepface:). 512mb of video RAM, with 8 gb of system RAM.

What are your suggestions for a decently priced system and interface for continuing on with audio work (that I can buy in :canada:)? I also will be using this for video editing (nothing too crazy, basic stuff). Interface-wise, I'd like something that's 2in2out.

Also, this will be a Windows PC because I am forever done with Apple. And I'm not interested in a laptop, definitely going to be keeping this in one spot, all hooked up to my gear.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I recently upgraded my pc to an i5 9600k and 16gb DDR4 ram and Cubase runs a fair amount smoother when running more/more intensive vsts than it did on my previous i5 3570k and 16gb ddr3. The usual suspects such as Ozone still add a bunch of noticeable latency chug, but less so than my last machine did. Intense Reaktor patches that used to max out my cpu also don't work this one as hard.

Definitely definitely make sure you use an SSD for Windows and your DAW of choice. I have my sample libraries on a couple separate 7600rpm drives but will eventually get round to getting a bulky size SSD to replace them.

Whilst the new processor and Ram do have a measurable impact, the most 'Holy poo poo' upgrade I ever did was the first time I swapped to an SSD.

As for interface, I'm just using a Cubase UR22 mk2 and it suits me fine. Headphones out could do with being more powerful but

a) my headphones are apparently quite high impedance

B) I'm not convinced any interfaces in this price bracket are gonna have mind blowing headphone pres anyway.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah that poo poo’s hard to do. I guess show him some Beethoven/Rachmaninoff/John Williams/maybe even Mario Galaxy music to show him what you’re looking for. Sounds like you’re looking for some Romantic style developments of your theme, yeah?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Hawkperson posted:

Yeah that poo poo’s hard to do. I guess show him some Beethoven/Rachmaninoff/John Williams/maybe even Mario Galaxy music to show him what you’re looking for. Sounds like you’re looking for some Romantic style developments of your theme, yeah?

Yeah, Romantic style is a good descriptor. Fortunately, I think we've had a bit of a breakthrough. I sent them some "music theory minute" videos that were recommended in the music theory thread. Once we had a shared vocabulary, it was a lot easier to communicate :v: And they've turned in a much better version of the current track, with a far stronger melody than what we'd been working with previously.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Sweet!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Can anyone identify the chairs / stools used in the Andertons videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6G86mgQUU

I'm looking for something with a decent rear end pad...

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Looks like a pretty standard drum throne start your search there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thumposaurus posted:

Looks like a pretty standard drum throne start your search there.

Ahh, drum throne was the term I needed. Thanks!