Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah jones is severely perma-owned and low energy these days

Yeah.

Plus I trust Ventura to have done the real research and not just pulled stuff out of his rear end. The truth is out there and Jesse is going to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress joe biden

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress joe biden

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Oh my word.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress joe biden

No, don't do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Regarding Manchin wanting an $11 min wage for WV, is it possible that the min wage could be set on a state-by-state basis instead of a national one?

Instead of tying min wage to the national median salary (which is my understanding of the current proposal), perhaps have every state have its min wage tied to the state's median salary? This could appease people like Manchin, who argue for a min wage in line with their state's economy and those demanding a higher min wage for more urbanized areas like Briahna Joy Gray. Of course, if states want more, they can change the law themselves.

I imagine that would require rewriting the bill, though, so for the sake of time, maybe focus on what we have.

They should just raise it to 15 bucks everywhere but WV and just make it 11 there like Manchin wants. I'm sure his voters will love that.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They should just raise it to 15 bucks everywhere but WV and just make it 11 there like Manchin wants. I'm sure his voters will love that.

They should do that to all the red states, really own them for voting Republican!!!1

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

The thing that makes me the angriest is them taking credit for Trump's $600. His name is on the loving checks!
trump is the only reason there is even a debate about $2000 because he said $600 was too little and them talking about $1400+$600 grounds it specifically as a trump policy

there was a nyt article saying biden specifically negotiated the checks down to $600

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Like make the minimum wage in texas like idk something crazy low like $7.25 and then have it be something more livable like $12 for California! That way if the stupid red state voters don’t start voting dem it will all their fault for their lovely wages!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hey Cory, what did Fred say about Capitalism

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Lib and let die posted:

Weren't the robots the good guys ultimately in the matrix?

yeah, the AI had their own segregated nation and were so efficient that the humans couldn't compete economically, which sparked war

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
pwning red states with a lower minimum wage sounds good on paper until you remember they will always get 2 senators and those people left will be nothing but the craziest motherfuckers in the country.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

This is a little off topic from the thread's usual topics of "Jimmy Dore" and "shut the gently caress up zergmanmcmagic", but I had a question about this.

Is there any credible evidence that Navalny is a US/NATO asset?

I've learned some more about him the last year, and it looks like in at least some areas his heart is in the right place and that he's trying to do good thing (e.g. fighting to help Russians get the minimum salaries they are entitled to by law, fighting illegal foresting in Siberia). That said, I am and have always been nervous about the amount of signal boosting he gets from the Western establishment media. He also doesn't have a coherent foreign policy that I can determine, which is absolutely disqualifying for someone who hopes to be Russia's president (if you don't have this, you will be eaten alive by the US/NATO).

The charitable interpretation is that he's someone with some good inclinations and perhaps some genuine drive to improve the lives of Russians, but that the West sees him as easily exploitable due to liberal economic inclinations and/or a lack of understanding of foreign policy. Is this accurate, or are their videos of Brown Moses handing him big sacks of money with dollar signs on them?

Navalny is a figure that looks towards the West for aid, and western governments think they can work with him. He's probably not on anyone's payroll, but he's willing to reopen Russia to exploitation by Western capital. Putin is a capitalist too, but he's tried his best to make sure it's Russians getting rich by exploiting labor and resources in Russia. Lots of the economic hardships regular Russians are facing have their roots in Western sanctions as well, which is often left out of the story by Western media.

The Communist Party in Russia led mass protests against pension cuts in the country a few years ago and the only English language media to report on it was ,ironically, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Reality Protester posted:

pwning red states with a lower minimum wage sounds good on paper until you remember they will always get 2 senators and those people left will be nothing but the craziest motherfuckers in the country.

it’s also the easiest giveaway that someone doesn’t actually care about people but more cares about the team sports.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

spacetoaster posted:

No, don't do it.

I'm gonna gently caress that old decrepit bastard until he pays me and there's not a goddamned thing you can do to stop me except make him loving pay me my goddamned money.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lower minimum wages somewhere only hurts the workers in a place. why would I want workers to be hurt just because they live in an area with a slightly more reactionary local government?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

lower minimum wages somewhere only hurts the workers in a place. why would I want workers to be hurt just because they live in an area with a slightly more reactionary local government?

because by reducing everything to individual responsibilities I don’t have to do anything to help those poor people in red states, I’m doing my part by voting blue no matter who. They’re the ones loving it up by not organizing and voting harder. They need to do the Work if they want to get paid.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Regarding Manchin wanting an $11 min wage for WV, is it possible that the min wage could be set on a state-by-state basis instead of a national one?

Instead of tying min wage to the national median salary (which is my understanding of the current proposal), perhaps have every state have its min wage tied to the state's median salary? This could appease people like Manchin, who argue for a min wage in line with their state's economy and those demanding a higher min wage for more urbanized areas like Briahna Joy Gray. Of course, if states want more, they can change the law themselves.

I imagine that would require rewriting the bill, though, so for the sake of time, maybe focus on what we have.

The minimum wage is a floor, and states can raise it higher if they want. Arkansas, the state with the lowest housing wage, is going to have a two-bedroom housing wage well over $15/hr by 2025.

Doing it by state or metropolitan area (already used by HUD) is just an invitation for the wages to be set at a sub-par but higher level for blue states and a very inadequate level for red states, and then the blue state members of Congress will then say to their constituents, "all right, you got what you want" and then stop fighting for the working class in the red states. An example of this already in action is the Third Way proposal, which uses the poverty line (which is bullshit for reasons that would make this post a lot longer if I went into them, but I think most people here know them) instead of a living wage because they are reasoning backwards from raising it in the red states to only $10/hour, and it uses median wage excluding managerial positions as the index instead.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

all lumpen are comrades, even the crazy chud ones who dont realize it yet

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

State votes 48% red and 52% blue what a great blue state everyone there is educated and good

State votes 52% red and 48% blue all workers in this state should literally be murdered

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
someday people will stop biting on doomtrain quotes. not today tho.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Florida voted like 70% for increasing the min wage to 15$ over time and Biden lost comfortably. everyone wants it except for the congressional masters.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

i think it's good he keeps posting them, keeps people's succ sensors calibrated

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That reveal at the end tho.

Thanks dude in charge of writing our platform.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Quetzadilla posted:

He had a sincere post a few pages back and it took me a second to realize it was actually his opinion and not a dnd copy paste lol

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

quote:

That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system’s fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Florida voted like 70% for increasing the min wage to 15$ over time and Biden lost comfortably. everyone wants it except for the congressional masters.

Me and all the other voters in Florida: $15/hr and voting rights please!

The people we elect: lolnope

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This won't be the last cringe Fred Hampton take. The movie is coming out in a week.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lol holy poo poo this is the most Democrat 2 minutes ever. Get flummoxed when people don't simply go along with an unpopular thing your donors want, repeat yourself because you think maybe people are just being dumb, then just pretend everyone's in favor of the unpopular thing and do it anyway

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Victory Position posted:

so how badly did we gently caress up first contact in this scenario

joe biden is the one who greets them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

they wrote that paragraph on purpose because most of this seems like boring do nothing stuff

anyways this also jumped out

quote:

The racial-justice uprising sparked by George Floyd’s killing in May was not primarily a political movement. The organizers who helped lead it wanted to harness its momentum for the election without allowing it to be co-opted by politicians. Many of those organizers were part of Podhorzer’s network, from the activists in battleground states who partnered with the Democracy Defense Coalition to organizations with leading roles in the Movement for Black Lives.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mcmagic posted:

eat poo poo, liberal

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ram dass in hell posted:

eat poo poo, liberal

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

they wrote that paragraph on purpose because most of this seems like boring do nothing stuff

anyways this also jumped out

the part about BLM protests turning into GOTV rallies was pretty obvious on the ground

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm not the lib. You're the lib.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

uhmm, we meant 'eat, poo poo liberal', a reminder to every poo poo liberal that they too need sustenance

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress joe biden

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
$15 nationwide, but also also corporate statehood and the corps can determine their own sovereign minimum wage (it's $0)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

the part about BLM protests turning into GOTV rallies was pretty obvious on the ground

the seattle (or portland?) landlord rapper standing in his 100,000 dollar car telling everyone to vote for biden