Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Please stop talking, Grouchio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Clarste posted:

Please stop talking, Grouchio.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I can't stand hip hop, rap, country or pop. Those music genres are cringe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
op its fine to not like the majority of rap or hiphop, just like its fine to not enjoy country or pop, but please think about the origins and cultural value rap and hiphop has, and why it might be slightly off to call them 'cringe' in this context. this is different from you having to enjoy how they sound. furthermore, please think about why it might be problematic to think all rap or hiphop sounds the same. thank you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Like there's so much breadth and variety within music genres that the idea of writing off an entire one of them is loving wild

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

metal is pretty cringe tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Davincie posted:

metal is pretty cringe tho

yeah I don't like throwing "cringe" around but the swedish black metal scene was the cringiest of all time

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Blockhouse posted:

Like there's so much breadth and variety within music genres that the idea of writing off an entire one of them is loving wild

NuMetal does exist though.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
not a lot of hip hop in anime tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gyges posted:

NuMetal does exist though.

it's totally fine to write off parts of genres

for instance I don't like modern country which is about getting drunk and how great america is I like old country which is about being depressed and living in your truck

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse posted:

it's totally fine to write off parts of genres

for instance I don't like modern country which is about getting drunk and how great america is I like old country which is about being depressed and living in your truck

So what's the difference?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

It seriously rules whenever it shows up, though. Remember Devilman Crybaby?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Freakazoid_ posted:

There's a lot more hip hop than country

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

theres a big jp rap scene honestly its just mostly something actually normal people like, not otaku. there is some crossover tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Julias posted:

in modern country living in your truck is aspirational and you should never ever question how your life came to that

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr8M0NSw7lQ

copy
Jul 26, 2007

gently caress this whole convo made me think of Tonkatsu DJ too. That show was a lot of fun.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

copy posted:

gently caress this whole convo made me think of Tonkatsu DJ too. That show was a lot of fun.

:yeah: it was a fun short series, my only gripe with it was that it only had a couple of music tracks, when it definitely could have used a few more to keep it fresher.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

d4dj was a fun watch with some decent songs. and the ed has the protagonist t-pose

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The lady who does the megalobox op keeps a spotify playlist of songs that she considers her inspirations and she has the pharcyde and anderson paak and the roots on there. Its a really sick playlist.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Freakazoid_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq6EYcpWB_c

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

theres a big jp rap scene honestly its just mostly something actually normal people like, not otaku. there is some crossover tho

have a JP hip hop song that some of you all may be familiar with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76sNmqMzUuI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5ICtGn6u8

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

:ohdear:
I'm not quite sure what's going on with Gekidol after episode 5, but if you've dismissed it because it looked like just another idol anime, you might want to give it another chance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

who would dare dismiss Lovemin

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

who would dare dismiss Lovemin

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

op its fine to not like the majority of rap or hiphop, just like its fine to not enjoy country or pop, but please think about the origins and cultural value rap and hiphop has, and why it might be slightly off to call them 'cringe' in this context. this is different from you having to enjoy how they sound. furthermore, please think about why it might be problematic to think all rap or hiphop sounds the same. thank you.
Thank you for this lesson in nuance. I will make sure this doesn't happen again.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

i listen to a lot of this and i'm always ecstatic when an artist i recognize shows up anime, like chelmico or izumi macra in space dandy.

i held out hope for years that charisma.com would do an OP for something but they broke up for family reasons a couple years ago

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Freakazoid_ posted:

Somebody didn't watch HypMic

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The only good part of that trash adaptation.

I mean Gantz is trash anyway but the anime was REALLY bad.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QakaUxpTxw

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I'm really enjoying Back Arrow, especially this week.

Not only because of the cool robot side, though that's there, but because Shu does make things more dynamic and amusing.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/02/04/crunchyroll-to-stream-cells-at-work-season-2-and-cells-at-work-code-black

Crunchyroll will now stream Cells at Work S2 and Cells at Work Black starting tomorrow.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I can't believe you forgot about the rap battle in Zombie Land Saga

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Julias posted:

self-awareness.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I saw some contextless random clips from Ex-Arm and the action scenes I saw actually seemed kinda interesting to me? Like it was only a few seconds of a few different scenes but those specific seconds strangely didn't yell "Argh it's horrible!" to me.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Did you make sure you were watching the anime and not someone flipping the manga pages really fast?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raenir Salazar posted:

I saw some contextless random clips from Ex-Arm and the action scenes I saw actually seemed kinda interesting to me? Like it was only a few seconds of a few different scenes but those specific seconds strangely didn't yell "Argh it's horrible!" to me.

The glassy-eyed stares and jaw-flaps with no word-matching mouth movements didn't tip you off?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The glassy-eyed stares and jaw-flaps with no word-matching mouth movements didn't tip you off?

I did say action scenes. An action scene with some decent choreography can make up for a lot, and such scenes due to their nature aren't going to have lingering camera shots on the face.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I did say action scenes. An action scene with some decent choreography can make up for a lot, and such scenes due to their nature aren't going to have lingering camera shots on the face.

the action scenes are done by a real life martial arts stunt team wearing mo-cap, that the "director" had worked with, so there's probably going to be some OK choreography, but that's literally the only aspect of the show that isn't embarrassing. that doesnt make up for the camera work, lovely models, poorly integrated 2d, god awful facial animation, etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what action were you watching because I've also seen a few random clips from the show including some of the fights and it looks like hot garbage