Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I usually prefer indicas but goddamn I love Clementine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Today was restock day for me, and I picked up some RSO. How hosed am I?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That depends, do you have to work tomorrow? Because if not then just squirt some dippadoops into some Combos like you're trying to hide medicine from a dog and queue up a media playlist that doesn't require a lot of interaction

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DoombatINC posted:

That depends, do you have to work tomorrow? Because if not then just squirt some dippadoops into some Combos like you're trying to hide medicine from a dog and queue up a media playlist that doesn't require a lot of interaction

I'm planning on trying it on Friday night. I have a 1:1 that's like 37% THC / 35% CBD and a "Cherrylicious" one that was like $20 and is like 76% THC. Cannalicious brand in MI for those curious

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
so like this is my first visit to this thread but I'd just like to recognize how supportive everyone is in here yall

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ProfessorMarvel posted:

so like this is my first visit to this thread but I'd just like to recognize how supportive everyone is in here yall

Doing poo poo tons of the Devil's Lettuce will do that to you my dude! Join the party!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
most people that smoke weed are like that but every now and again you come across people who are like, weed gatekeepers and think they can decide what the best way to do it is. sorry I don't have a full four foot dab rig with hot nail bro, what can I say I'm a simple man

bagmonkey posted:

Today was restock day for me, and I picked up some RSO. How hosed am I?

What is RSO? Like a tincture or something?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

What is RSO? Like a tincture or something?

It's just a different extraction type, full plant instead of only using the high cannabinoid parts. It makes for a different type of high from everything I've heard, it can be a REAL trip if you don't dose right. Here's a lovely article that has a bit too much hippy dippy RSO regimen stuff. I highly, highly doubt this poo poo cures cancer, would love to be proved wrong, but it DEFINITELY gets you hosed up good.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-rick-simpson-oil

Edit: Should mention, it can be consumed orally, dabbed (if the right solvents are used, probably dont do this) or used in edibles as an already-activated THC delivery device

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 4, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's no point using RSO for dabs, put that poo poo in food. It's decarbed and ready to eat. Or put it in topicals if that's your thing. Smoking it is kind of a waste though. That's what cheap wax is for.

You can get a similar effect if you just wash out your dab rig with iso and let it evaporate off, then throw it in food.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
according to the dab timer I left running until just now its been nearly an hour since I last smoked some weed

Also regarding dab chat hot nails in particular were what I grew up on but in the interim of 3-4 years when I moved away from home and came back metal nails are nowhere to be seen trust me I have asked my stoner buds.
Its all about quartz 'bingers now ; but the old adage of smoke trees then wax still holds true imo

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 4, 2021

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I was doing some laundry from December that I forgot was in the closet. In a pocket of my hiking pants I found a quarter ounce. :aaaaa:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Sjs00 posted:

according to the dab timer I left running until just now its been nearly an hour since I last smoked some weed

Also regarding dab chat hot nails in particular were what I grew up on but in the interim of 3-4 years when I moved away from home and came back metal nails are nowhere to be seen trust me I have asked my stoner buds.
Its all about quartz 'bingers now ; but the old adage of smoke trees then wax still holds true imo
i had a nectar collector that i dropped and broke while completely sober. i saved the business end and it fit perfectly into my old bong. now i have a dab rig that i can fill up with crushed ice and take a colossal rip. would recommend, just remember not to try to lift it out while it's hot

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
My first grow is harvested! Now for a long painful two week drying period and then even more curing. But soooooon.

For now I have an oz of what my friend swears is Durban poison. I have no reason to doubt her, so vapes up, happy Thursday my friends.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Antioch posted:

My first grow is harvested! Now for a long painful two week drying period and then even more curing. But soooooon.

For now I have an oz of what my friend swears is Durban poison. I have no reason to doubt her, so vapes up, happy Thursday my friends.

Should smell like you've injected pine needles into your sinuses if it's real Durban

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Should smell like you've injected pine needles into your sinuses if it's real Durban

Then it turns out I have durban because my brain smells like pine-sol. It's lovely, I have a bourbon and a bath and a vape and it made my bad day go *poof*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Durban is great because it doesn't give me the munchies. Thanks, THC-V!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Antioch posted:

Then it turns out I have durban because my brain smells like pine-sol. It's lovely, I have a bourbon and a bath and a vape and it made my bad day go *poof*

This makes me so happy lol

e Durban Poison is about as close to a land race as you see in dispensaries. It's temperamental, leafy, its flowers are foamy and unruly, the cut I grew acted like it was literally going to die when I put it in flower, but then it grew just. Perfect. Weed. And the smell, like the platonic form, which I guess it sort of is.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 5, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
durban is like a top 5 all time strain

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Damnit now I gotta go buy some Durban

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I'll probably run out of weed this weekend for the first time in... a long time.

Maybe I'll take a break and see how sobriety feels? I vaguely remember what having dreams felt like.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Does weed stop people from having/remembering dreams?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
it does for me. i've gotten into the habit of smoking before bed, and i was on a work trip recently where i didn't and ended up having terrible dreams every night

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
For some of us, yes. Especially heavy users. Takes 4-7 days for me to usually start dreaming again when I take a break.

I don't mind though, sleep is a light switch to me now. Eventually I drowse out with background noise and usually 4-5 hours later I snap awake. Can't really say I was having good dreams, and when I do dream now, it's all trees. Like, standing on an asphalt 2 lane road deep in a field of 100 foot tall conifers.

Beats waking up and spending the first 30 groggy seconds of my day panic-looking for poo poo from 15 years ago.

It's the remembering side that it fucks with, your brain is still doing all that dreaming, but your mind is wiped of it faster than usual.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

owls or something posted:

I'll probably run out of weed this weekend for the first time in... a long time.

Maybe I'll take a break and see how sobriety feels? I vaguely remember what having dreams felt like.

you could always just get some more weed instead

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Kinda hard to tell if it's the weed affecting the dreaming or just getting older since I've been smoking every day since I was 13. Only thing I really miss was that I used to lucid dream frequently and now I hardly ever do.

I think it does make it less common but it's only one small factor. A bigger factor for me is where and when I am sleeping.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

yes definitely if you are a heavy user

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I definitely don't dream much at all anymore. When I take T breaks, the dreams start coming back like 5-7 days into the break and they are vivid as gently caress. It's definitely not a feeling that I like that much, sleeping without dreams is actually really nice once you're used to it

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

butt dickus posted:

i had a nectar collector that i dropped and broke while completely sober. i saved the business end and it fit perfectly into my old bong. now i have a dab rig that i can fill up with crushed ice and take a colossal rip. would recommend, just remember not to try to lift it out while it's hot

holy poo poo that actually sounds great ! Recycling and engineering are synonymous with weed

and as for dreams been smoking for over ten years and my dreams haven't really been affected. I'm less stressed and depressed over poo poo though that's for sure

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Time to smoke some weed.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah, it suppresses dreams. And when you stop weeding your body/brain compensates and the dreams come back as really wild lucid crazy intense poo poo for a week or two.

It's neat and scary.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

It works that way for me.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thank goodness it’s the weedkend.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Not me. I also take anywhere from 10-30mg of Melatonin a night just to have some fun dreams.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Not me. I also take anywhere from 10-30mg of Melatonin a night just to have some fun dreams.
I dream outstandingly well with just 5 mg melatonin; adding up to 5 mg of THC gummy (additional CBD optional) only makes it better. :tootzzz:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont mind not having or remembering dreams most of the time because my dreams are usually anxiety dreams which are just stressful

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

i dont mind not having or remembering dreams most of the time because my dreams are usually anxiety dreams which are just stressful

Same, I can only die or fall of a bridge or lose all my teeth or have a giant life crisis so many times before I'm just over it

How many of you guys use oil cartridges? What are your opinions on high end vs low end? Live Resin vs just distillate with terps re-added? Personally I'm fine with the 4/$100 carts that Redditors say the word "boof" about while telling you to buy the $65/.5g carts "because man like that's just the best poo poo"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got a live resin one for the first time recently. it tastes really good, like i find mysef wanting to take a pull just for how good it tastes sometimes. potency wise it doesnt seem any better or worse than any other carts and it did cost 10-15$ more

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Sjs00 posted:

fuckin DABS bro . but yes people make fake carts all day everywhere now so keep an eye out for that. You want official dispensaries stickers on your product .

Bouta smoke a loving DAB . from a rig though I don't trust carts plus they're so easy to just destroy your whole day if you get good carts.

I want to send you guys example images of the fake poo poo people in my area sell in bulk claiming they're real THC oil carts. Shopping bags full of official packaging (minus stickers from a dispensary) that probably got bought and the empty vials filled with who knows what in someone's garage. Finally all authentic carts should not taste excessively fruity without weed flavor or something, they should taste like weed predominantly or its fake poo poo.
So yeah I dont really trust carts nowadays but if its authentic its a very convenient high for sure

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 6, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It definitely has the potential to taste better, but it doesn't get me any higher than regular wax/shatter. Live resin falls into special occasion purchases for me, usually on some sort of sale with 1g live, 1g badder, 1g solventless for $80~ or so.

Solventless is a real treat by itself but I'm not paying $50/g for it. Tasty as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sjs00 posted:

I want to send you guys example images of the fake poo poo people in my area sell in bulk claiming they're real THC oil carts. Shopping bags full of official packaging (minus stickers from a dispensary) that probably got bought and the empty vials filled with who knows what in someone's garage. Finally all authentic carts should not taste excessively fruity without weed flavor or something, they should taste like weed predominantly or its fake poo poo.
So yeah I dont really trust carts nowadays but if its authentic its a very convenient high for sure

I 100% agree with this. I buy from Gage locally, they have a vested interest in following the law, given that they have investors and poo poo. But some of the stuff I see people buying "from their friends who have a med card" just makes me want to cry. The poo poo is legal, why not get it from someone who's gotta follow some rules?