Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
ME doesn’t release for over four more months so I doubt it’s that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Fister Roboto posted:

It's funny because this is the exact opposite way that they generated buzz for the original release. Remember all those parents who were mad about there being (extremely PG-13) sex scenes? Even a GAY sex scene?!?

Glad they're getting rid of the rear end shots though, those were just embarassing.

"SE"XBOX?
NEW VIDEO GAME SHOWS FULL DIGITAL NUDITY AND SEX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Why does the nazi have Harald Fabuloushair Sternrule as a handle/av? Stop appropriating scandinavian history for your nazi poo poo please.

E: wrong Harald

They're real fond of quotes from Finnish military veterans too but I don't want to know what they say enough to Google lens a translation of those memes. I guess I don't know enough about Finland, is there a reason I see so many of those?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I dunno about Finnish war history in the broader sense, but they famously fought off a Soviet invasion during World War 2, most strongly exemplified by Simo Häyhä who deserves all the renown he gets for single-handedly killing several hundred soviet troops with little more than his grit and an iron sighted rifle.

If you're the kind of person who thinks non-white people getting to vote is exactly the same as being invaded by a strongman regime and you are the bedraggled vanguard of western civilization, there's some parallels there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Soviet’s started the war but they Finnished it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I dunno about Finnish war history in the broader sense, but they famously fought off a Soviet invasion during World War 2, most strongly exemplified by Simo Häyhä who deserves all the renown he gets for single-handedly killing several hundred soviet troops with little more than his grit and an iron sighted rifle.

If you're the kind of person who thinks non-white people getting to vote is exactly the same as being invaded by a strongman regime and you are the bedraggled vanguard of western civilization, there's some parallels there.

I've been following @ww2inrealtime which basically live tweets what happened each day in world war 2, and they're well into 1943 now, but in 1939-1942 basically the only feel good tweets were stuff like "five Finnish snipers on skis killed an entire Soviet tank battalion."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh we're still pretending Finland was part of The Good Axis Powers

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^ yeah, that. They got on the right side in the end but hooo boy is it not good to be on the wrong side of that poo poo.

oldpainless posted:

The Soviet’s started the war but they Finnished it

And then what did Finland do?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

ME doesn’t release for over four more months so I doubt it’s that

Yeah, it just came up in an interview about how they're re-framing some cutscenes. Making the camera focus less on Miranda's rear end and some conversations where you would get an upskirt if you're playing a female Shepard and wearing a dress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The Soviets invaded Finland while they were still allied with the Axis powers. It's not like Finland was ever cooperating with the Nazis.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

The Soviets invaded Finland while they were still allied with the Axis powers. It's not like Finland was ever cooperating with the Nazis.

Except for when they did. If you give Finland a pass then why doesn't Romania get one? They also lost territory to the USSR, fought with the nazis, and then switched sides. Contributed a lot more troops to the allied cause than Finland, in fact, and actually helped the soviets push into Germany.

(it's because Finland is Honorarily Western and Romania is not)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I mean, I'm not super well versed in World War 2 history, but I never held WW2 against Romania.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Except for when they did. If you give Finland a pass then why doesn't Romania get one? They also lost territory to the USSR, fought with the nazis, and then switched sides. Contributed a lot more troops to the allied cause than Finland, in fact, and actually helped the soviets push into Germany.

The Soviets were allied with Nazi Germany when they invaded Finland, who was NOT allied with Nazi Germany at the time. Don't say Finns defending their homeland against an Axis invasion in 1939 was a bad thing because the Finns were later allied with the Axis powers and the Soviets later were not.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

I mean, I'm not super well versed in World War 2 history, but I never held WW2 against Romania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYYzLzQ_u4

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DO NOT insult Finland's honor again or I will be FORCED to unsheathe my katana.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
ah poo poo are the barbarians at the gates again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Danger Zone

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Biplane posted:

DO NOT insult Finland's honor again or I will be FORCED to unsheathe my katana salmiakki.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Baron von Eevl posted:

The Soviets were allied with Nazi Germany when they invaded Finland, who was NOT allied with Nazi Germany at the time. Don't say Finns defending their homeland against an Axis invasion in 1939 was a bad thing because the Finns were later allied with the Axis powers and the Soviets later were not.

Skwirl posted:

I've been following @ww2inrealtime which basically live tweets what happened each day in world war 2, and they're well into 1943 now, but in 1939-1942 basically the only feel good tweets were stuff like "five Finnish snipers on skis killed an entire Soviet tank battalion."

The winter war was not ongoing in 1942, that was when the finns were starving out Leningrad for Mannerheim's pal Hitler

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
In conclusion, Finland is a land of contrasts.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
When I went there I didn't see a single person with fins on their back or head :mad:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
I take it you didn't visit Närpiö, then?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Goons in 2021: In conclusion, when the soviets invaded their country, the Finns should have capitulated immediately.

Also lol at trying to claim they get a pass for being more western than Romania of all places, meanwhile every racist turd out there calls them mongols.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

When I went there I didn't see a single person with fins on their back or head :mad:

You have to look really close, they're just a little fin-ish.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

christmas boots posted:

In conclusion, Finland is a land of contrasts.

No, it's a land of Finns.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Romania did have the iron guard though. These were people who thought the ultimate virtue was to end up in hell by committing atrocities in the name of your country.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ravenkult posted:

Goons in 2021: In conclusion, when the soviets invaded their country, the Finns should have capitulated immediately.

Also lol at trying to claim they get a pass for being more western than Romania of all places, meanwhile every racist turd out there calls them mongols.

Wait....the winter war was over in 1942. The fins were invading Russia. Also who called the fins Mongols. You seem to be very confused

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm so sad for all the ethnic suomi who experience racist oppression in 2021

Benny Harvey posted:

Romania did have the iron guard though. These were people who thought the ultimate virtue was to end up in hell by committing atrocities in the name of your country.

And Finland wasn't 20 years removed from mass executions of reds, and national hero Mannerheim was a huge fan of Hitler and all his goals

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Feb 6, 2021

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait....the winter war was over in 1942. The fins were invading Russia. Also who called the fins Mongols. You seem to be very confused

"John Sven was born in Finland and calls himself a Finn. He now petitions the Court to be admitted a citizen of the United States. The granting of this petition is opposed by the Government on the ground that being a Finn he is a Mongolian and not a "White-person."

(The court would eventually rule that, although Finns are 'of Mongol origin', intermarriage with 'Teutons' meant that they were now 'among the whitest people in Europe', and eligible for American citizenship.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Angry Salami posted:

"John Sven was born in Finland and calls himself a Finn. He now petitions the Court to be admitted a citizen of the United States. The granting of this petition is opposed by the Government on the ground that being a Finn he is a Mongolian and not a "White-person."

(The court would eventually rule that, although Finns are 'of Mongol origin', intermarriage with 'Teutons' meant that they were now 'among the whitest people in Europe', and eligible for American citizenship.)

Lauri Törni, Waffen-SS hero, would also go on to immigrate to the United States to fight in a war he truly believed in, in Vietnam. So sad that everyone is so very racist against finns. They've been so oppressed in the recent past

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Feb 6, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

lol moon language

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Spurdo Spärde's Finnish so there's that

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I'm sorry I asked.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Man, for 30 years I blamed Greater Romania for WWII and the various atrocities committed by the Axis Powers, but now I know the Republic of Finland are the ones to truly blame.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

From what I understand of it, Finland allied with the Nazis to gain back the territory taken by the Soviets during the Winter War and largely refused to participate in operations that went past the pre-Soviet invasion. The Finns don't really consider the Winter War over, which is why they call it the Continuation War.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Ah, lots of new posts in the IOSM thread. I can't wait to see who are making asses of themselves in public this time. Time to open the thread up and take a big sip of hot coffee.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

As a science ⚗️ lover 💟😍 myself I 😊 really appreciate the 🤣 humour. And sheldon is hilarious - BAZINGA! 💥Ahaha, that was just me using "bazinga" sarcastically 🤓, because I 😊 actually find 🔍 him really funny. 😃 Also, I 😊 understand Sheldon lots, because I 😀😀😀 am very capable intellectually 🧠 like him, and I 😀 just get 🎓 that stuff. 🧸 So 🤓yeah.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woozie66 posted:

Ah, lots of new posts in the IOSM thread. I can't wait to see who are making asses of themselves in public this time. Time to open the thread up and take a big sip of hot coffee.

Gotta learn to swipe swipe swipe until you see a Twitter embed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Woozie66 posted:

At least it’s not one of the usual topics.