Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

Exactly, it's "KENNTAAAAAAAAA :argh:"

Unless you’re Gino Gambino, then it’s “KENTAAAAAAAA :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rarity posted:

His name is all caps cause whenever you talk about KENTA you have to shout his name

I assume it's the same principle with WALTER.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dawgstar posted:

I assume it's the same principle with WALTER.

The only way to properly say WALTER is how Paul Robinson says it in this promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA9TeHIR_78

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Lamuella posted:

The only way to properly say WALTER is how Paul Robinson says it in this promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA9TeHIR_78

Ah, I see, "WOLL-AH"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/shaddaypolony/status/1357709836700577793

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I have always hated the fact that AEW puts things on TV that are worth watching.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really prefer how AEW only does 4 PPVs a year with occasional special episodes. It makes them meaningful and forces them to progress stories on TV rather than running the same matches for 6 months straight.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

I really prefer how AEW only does 4 PPVs a year with occasional special episodes. It makes them meaningful and forces them to progress stories on TV rather than running the same matches for 6 months straight.
That's how NXT was for a long time too, but well.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Also it makes me far more likely to buy a PPV a season then every month with the special episodes as a nice inbetweeny thing.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

RealFoxy posted:

That's how NXT was for a long time too, but well.

Yup. I thought it enhanced the WWE ones too because it reinforced it being a “big PPV” if there was a Takeover the Saturday before. It made the whole weekend feel like an event.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/paul_mckie/status/1357274123702001664?s=20

Like why are these people so angry that a new character has joined a TV show that they don't watch? I didn't realise KENTA turning up in AEW would trigger so many vincel meltdowns.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Both shows are always trying to pop a rating. The issue is HOW they pop a rating.
I watch both shows every week and I have a hard time knowing what the NXT main event is even as I'm watching the show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i prefer the fan opinions that are too dumb to even really be an opinion that someone could hold even if they were dumb and biased. like a few jolts of electricity created it. no thought

https://twitter.com/JalenHurtsMVP/status/1357384446849261569

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Cavauro posted:

i prefer the fan opinions that are too dumb to even really be an opinion that someone could hold even if they were dumb and biased. like a few jolts of electricity created it. no thought

https://twitter.com/JalenHurtsMVP/status/1357384446849261569
You...really nailed that one. I could not have described it better myself.

(Besides, is anyone actually complaining that Edge appeared on NXT? They do this with every Rumble winner and they established last year that the winner could pick an NXT Title shot.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

You...really nailed that one. I could not have described it better myself.

(Besides, is anyone actually complaining that Edge appeared on NXT? They do this with every Rumble winner and they established last year that the winner could pick an NXT Title shot.)

I had kind of a "come on, really?" feeling because it wasn't really something they hinted at on raw (to my knowledge) and it's obviously not going to lead to anything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pylons posted:

I had kind of a "come on, really?" feeling because it wasn't really something they hinted at on raw (to my knowledge) and it's obviously not going to lead to anything.

They didn't have it planned until after Raw, probably, when they realized that Beach Break was a thing that was happening and wanted to take eyes off of it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The thing now is that with social media you can find any stupid opinion some rando holds and say “oh AEW fans say this”. That said I only saw people saying edge looked real old and haggard and it was sad.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
its funny that a wrestler going to NXT from RAW/Smackdown makes less sense than a wrestler from another promotion showing up on Dynamite because AEW actually acknowledges the existence of wrestling outside their TV show and RAW and Smackdown hardly ever acknowledge NXT exists

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/IBUSHISZN/status/1357701844852695049

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Well that's a gross tweet, even by the standards of this thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"Women are too aggressive to be in a ring" is sure a take. Aggression is good in wrestling?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

"Women are too aggressive to be in a ring" is sure a take. Aggression is good in wrestling?

Yes but women aren't meant to be aggressive cause we should be meek and demure and swoon for male attention

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

“This says a lot about society” but said with a depressed sigh.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Yes but women aren't meant to be aggressive cause we should be meek and demure and swoon for male attention

I forget sometimes we live in a novel from the 19th century about the English aristocracy. Entirely my bad.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/cosainerule/status/1357462903138504709

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://twitter.com/cosainerule/status/1357090229233016836

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/JoadAbbasi/status/1357801996405923842?s=20
Noted Japanese gymnast KENTA.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
"legitimate stars"

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

No you see the aggression is only good if its ruthless too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

karmicknight posted:

"legitimate stars"

Speaking of, what’s the deal with Fatu that he’s all in with MLW and not in either AEW or WWE’s system? My vague understanding is that he has legit star potential.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Speaking of, what’s the deal with Fatu that he’s all in with MLW and not in either AEW or WWE’s system? My vague understanding is that he has legit star potential.

He has a criminal record IIRC.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

"legitimate stars"

Heh. I was about to post that. And this is coming from someone who likes Jacob Fatu.

Wouldn't be surprised if that poster was a Cornette fan. Cronette was always going on about how Hammerstone is the future of the business.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Deffo reads like a Cornette series of remarks

Pylons posted:

He has a criminal record IIRC.

Bad news, the only real source I could find for that was a Cornette video discussed by wreddit.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this is so so good, a kind of next level dogbrain

like imagine being the kind of guy longing for a more realistic serious wresting and being mad about kenta, one of the baddest dudes in wrestling who works an insanely stiff awesome striking style that inspired a million wrestlers and then denouncing him because you have never seen him wrestle.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
noted spotmonkey KENTA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
also who the hell is Alexander Hammerstone

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I legit have no idea who Alexander Hammerstone is

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

From what I understand AEW and WWE expressed interest in signing him but he had immediately resigned with MLW before anyone had reached out to him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lid posted:

also who the hell is Alexander Hammerstone

Looks like Shane Douglas on HGH, wrestles in black jeans that restricts his movements.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Anytime I've seen or heard about him he kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

His finisher is a vertical suplex dropped into a Side-Effect (Matt Morgan's old finisher), and he always seems like he's about to botch it every time he does it.

Also, the wrestling in black jeans is not a good look for him.