Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

Mirai loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

karmicknight posted:

Mirai loving rules.

The photo in that tweet that only shows them at the table doesn't do justice to her majestic fit

https://twitter.com/mirai_tjpw/status/1357325743571652608

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Miari evolving from Towel Enthusiast to ABSOLUTE LEGEND was so quick that I respect it even more.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1357827192055468033

RIP Old Mcdonald this is a dark, hosed up day

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What the gently caress

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this is a betrayal that will not be forgiven

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope it is just a Kamiyu-sung version of Old MacDonald

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1357840804115451911?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I trust Kamiyu. I will mourn the E I E I O, but appreciate the new.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Youtube police caught up with TJPW and are forcing the change

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Watching a random ARSION event for the next two hours, come hang http://psp-tv.com/r/PuroForPyros

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Considering that version was blatantly the first youtube result for Old MacDonald, it does make real life sense that TJPW had her make a new one and avoid any Youtube Cop Caller nonsense

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1357917355473440770
Can't wait to see what Tam's weird twitter videos are gonna look like once she's bald

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Giulia just did a kayfabed interview where she called Unagi a worthless wrestler who should quit STARDOM and "clearly she didn't learn anything where she was the last two years"

I'm sure that will work to get sympathy behind Unagi and Tam but I don't think that type of promo makes sense coming from someone like Giulia. She isn't a ring general herself, you know?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Neodoomium posted:

Giulia just did a kayfabed interview where she called Unagi a worthless wrestler who should quit STARDOM and "clearly she didn't learn anything where she was the last two years"

I'm sure that will work to get sympathy behind Unagi and Tam but I don't think that type of promo makes sense coming from someone like Giulia. She isn't a ring general herself, you know?

Giulia won a bunch of Joshi wrestler of the year awards so yeah it would make sense for her to say that.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Neodoomium posted:

Given her kayfabe position it makes enough sense, but it is kind of funny coming from Giulia, whose year in Stardom has made her worse at wrestling than she was before

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

Given her kayfabe position it makes enough sense, but it is kind of funny coming from Giulia, whose year in Stardom has made her worse at wrestling than she was before

That is completely untrue. Her matches have improved much over the year than when she first started with Stardom.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've seen nothing from her on the level of the Yukihi match she had two years ago now and the Tam Nakano matches almost killed me and there are times where she seems to forget how to move let alone wrestle so I'm gonna go with definitely not on that one.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I wouldn't go as far as to blame all of that on Giulia, though. At lot of the disappointing singles matches are the fault of agenting/booking. Too often they border or veer into the "Passion of Giulia"/"lol Giulia wins" territory that is completely at odds with her character.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Will this week's show have English commentary again?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Vince MechMahon posted:

Will this week's show have English commentary again?

buddy this weeks show isn't even live!

i dont think the one on the 12th will either.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ItohRespectArmy posted:

buddy this weeks show isn't even live!

i dont think the one on the 12th will either.

They need to start doing this more regularly. It's really hard for me to get into stuff with just silence or a language I don't understand.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

They need to start doing this more regularly. It's really hard for me to get into stuff with just silence or a language I don't understand.

it'd be good for sure, I imagine they're still working out the details for it judging by the overwhelmingly positive feedback on twitter.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1220368840455966721

Completely makes sense.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I wonder if that interview is signaling a more heelish direction for Giulia/DDM. We're due for a draft soon, and right now DDM is more QQ than QQ.

QQ itself has kind of lost it's "edge". The wrestlers are still good-to-great, but DDM has really taken on the holier-than-thou attitude that marked Io's tenure.

I could see a DDM that leans into being brash and spiteful and fighting dirtier.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Power Windows posted:

We're due for a draft soon
Has this been announced? I feel it's really not needed this year as the current unit setup feels reasonably fresh.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Has this been announced? I feel it's really not needed this year as the current unit setup feels reasonably fresh.

Cosmic Angels is new and there have been the newcomers to DDM. But other than that, the roster could use a shakeups.

The end of TCS meant OT got two new members and everyone else just hosed off to STARS. But where are they story-wise?

With STARS, we won't have a clear picture until Kyona is back. SLK is asserting herself more, and is obviously next in line to lead STARS. Giant Saya just got her first belt, some new gear, and new confidence. She's part of the SEAdLINNNG crossover, which feels like Rossy has more confidence in her, too. What if she were to feel constricted by STARS, like Tam was?

If DDM were to go more heelish, I could see Syuri leaving, and maybe Natsupoi as well. Natsupoi might have a viciousness we haven't seen yet, but even as intense as Syuri gets, she's still pretty smiley and fun-loving.

OT is spinning its wheels big time. Coward Rossy pulled the belts off AphroditE so Bea could carry one into NJPW. What else do they have? A DQ-loving brawler who's lost two no-DQ matches (including a title shot) and has been a bust as leader. Saki, who's done gently caress-all after losing to Mayu. The real gem is Konami, who has a great new look and rivals Syuri as the best technician in the company. Who knows when (if?) Jamie will get back.

QQ is were it gets really interesting. Momo has never held the Red Belt, but two QQ members under her have (Bea and Utami). She's been losing a bunch lately, and I'll curious to see how the interpromotional stuff goes. If it doesn't go well, would Utami try to take over? Where would AZM's loyalties lie? How will Tall Saya take her loss the Budokan?

I left out the young girls and Lady C, because I think they're still working out their personas.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The draft was a Kagetsu thing and I don't think its a coincidence that it goes away the year that she leaves after arriving the year where Io was leaving. They've already done a lot of faction shakeups lately and so that's probably not the time to be doing another major shakeup.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

IceAgeComing posted:

The draft was a Kagetsu thing and I don't think its a coincidence that it goes away the year that she leaves
Uh, I think it was more not being able to run shows for several months and all that.

Otherwise fully agreed. I found letting the turns and faction changes made for better stories anyway.

Oedo Tai won't be fixed by just holding a draft, and whatever will happen with Momo and QQ will be probably playing out way past the "traditional" date of the draft.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
if they were going to do one they'd have done it after they came back: they basically ran through the booking plans for the year pre-5 Star in a month. They were also doing a lot of turns in early 2020 (Bea joining Oedo Tai, creating DDM, Tall Saya joining QQ) and I don't think you do those if you are going to do a draft.

I also think they had the draft show announced a fair bit before it happened in 2019 and they didn't this year either.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

I just like drafts, I guess.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I would care so much more about OT if Konami was the leader

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Konami is way too talented to just be "there". By that I mean she's a good heel, but it makes no sense for her to fall into the rest of the group's M.O. of "blatantly cheat if the match isn't going your way". At least, she hasn't been presented before as someone who gets rattled and loses their cool.

It's nice that she has a belt, but like I said, she only has it so her tag partner can show it off in the Dome accompanying someone else. Give her the White Belt and let her take on all comers. That'll be money.

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 8, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't kept up with Stardom for a while now but it's a bummer if Konami is still somewhat lost in the shuffle and not made out to be a big deal. She was one of the first wrestlers there who really grabbed me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It looks like they're doing Konami/Syuri which should rule at least

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SirLARIATO/status/1359180465043816450

I haven't followed Fujimoto much since I stopped hearing about ICE Ribbon so forgive me when I ask... excuse me WHAT?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tsukka went nuts in that match, best individual performance of the year to date.

just posted in the MOTYC thread but here it is for people who don't check that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4Nmtm1GnA

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 10, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1359468880876294151

Card for the next Assemble show. Considering this is taking place the day before AEW Revolution I don't like Asuka and Rin Kadokura's chances of winning the AEW Women's tournament lol. Other interesting notes is no Oz Academy, Marvelous's new trainee is debuting on the show and Wave's first participation.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1359861028805201924

I'm not gonna lie, the Pink Striker's a favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1359861028805201924

I'm not gonna lie, the Pink Striker's a favorite.

Agreed, Miyu rocks. She's my third favourite Joshi after Asuka and Saki (Akai, not the one in that tweet)