Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raised By Birds posted:

I'm sure Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, Austin, and the rest of the 46.5% of the state that voted for Biden will sign right up for the Neo Confederacy alongside East Washington, East Oregon and North California.

It'll all be worth it to, uh, tie currency to precious metals again.

Yeah, this is a totally hypothetical situation that will never happen in reality, but if Texas really did try to break away from the United States I feel like a lot of the state would want to stay part of America and we'd end up with the whole thing spilt in two which is technically legally allowed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_divisionism#:~:text=Texas%20divisionism%20is%20a%20mainly,into%20the%20Union%20in%201845.

Again, never gonna happen, but Texas is far from unified in worship of Trump. Millions of Texans utterly hate that dude.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Yeah like, Dallas went for Biden by 30%, Houston by 14% or something, Travis County where Austin is, was a margin of 45% for Biden, anyone who thinks Texas is some kind of ocean of red that would merrily split off to form Chudlandia is, well, exactly as smart as someone like Ben Garrison.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Red states seceding would be terrible for everyone who lives there and doesn't suck, but I still don't get how it wouldn't just result in the rest of the US becoming richer and having fewer ghouls in government. Would people living in California or wherever actually lose anything, or are BenG and his ilk just hopped up on proaganda?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The real divide in the US isn't between states at all but between urban and rural, making any kind of "clean" break likely resulting in a massive displacement of people ala Partition between Pakistan and India.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Sorry Garrison this one is incomprehensible to me, who is that guy in the bottom right? I'm racking my mind for important political people in positions of power that are in the news right now... and yeah, that person doesn't ring any bells.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Red states seceding would be terrible for everyone who lives there and doesn't suck, but I still don't get how it wouldn't just result in the rest of the US becoming richer and having fewer ghouls in government. Would people living in California or wherever actually lose anything, or are BenG and his ilk just hopped up on proaganda?

It would suck for everyone involved and be a big hassle in a million ways both small and large and that's way it'll never happen.

Breaking a country apart is awful all around, just look at North Korea and South Korea.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It would suck for everyone involved and be a big hassle in a million ways both small and large and that's way it'll never happen.

Breaking a country apart is awful all around, just look at North Korea and South Korea.

South Korea seems to be doing pretty good?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

BrotherJayne posted:

South Korea seems to be doing pretty good?

Now they are, but uh, check back on how things were in the 50's?

Also in spite of being a hyper rich first world democracy, SK also lives in constant fear of its insane neighbor attacking it.
Imagine some kind of blue state wonderland country still having to live in terror of the autocratic militarized Christian taliban next door launching a crusade to win back its rightful American clay.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Grape posted:

Now they are, but uh, check back on how things were in the 50's?

Also in spite of being a hyper rich first world democracy, SK also lives in constant fear of its insane neighbor attacking it.
Imagine some kind of blue state wonderland country still having to live in terror of the autocratic militarized Christian taliban next door launching a crusade to win back its rightful American clay.

I mean, isn't that the situation the US is kinda in now? Obviously not quite to the same degree as of yet, but holy poo poo are a lot of right wingers getting radicalized.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Pants Donkey posted:

Screw it, let’s commit treason:

I hope the second Reconstruction goes better than the first.

You know the funny thing about all the BenG rants about corruption and how the bankers have hosed the markets over and how metals should be currency again is how he regularly bragged about Trump and republicans accomplishments and one of the ones he usually put in bigger bolder text was "Deregulation!".

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Driving the hat is Pete Evans (celebrity chef and fan of curing disease with paleo and plasma lamps).

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chinese company's multi-billion-dollar plan to build a city on Papua New Guinean island near Australian border (ABC).
The landmarks are clearly Melbourne except Melbourne doesn't have a giant Dan Andrews statue or giant pagodas roughly where Chinatown is.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh, right, I didn't want this one to get by without saying a few things.

1: fuckin' seriously?

2: I wish Antifa was as scary and effective as the version that lives in conservatives' minds.

3: I am deeply suspicious that this is a recycled comic from the Bush years, he just replaced "New Orleans looters" with "capitol rioters" and "Al-Qaeda" with "Antifa."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Screw it, let’s commit treason:

I hope the second Reconstruction goes better than the first.

uhhhhhhh where does Texas attach to the rest of the snake Ben?!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Tinsley is a few weeks behind the zeitgeist and seems far more straight pro- seditionist than any other published cartoonist. Maybe he'll get booted from the paper again.

edit: made that "published cartoonist" because the Garrisons don't count. Also not sure about Spooner but he's not American.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 6, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Moon Slayer posted:

2: I wish Antifa was as scary and effective as the version that lives in conservatives' minds.

3: I am deeply suspicious that this is a recycled comic from the Bush years, he just replaced "New Orleans looters" with "capitol rioters" and "Al-Qaeda" with "Antifa."
In a way the Capitol rioters were amateurs compared to Antifa. They didn't even try to hide their identity (most of them at least) and broadcast themselves breaking the law on their own social media accounts while using their own phones whose locations are easily tracked.

Honestly I am surprised a bunch of paranoid right-wing conspiracists were so sloppy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

In a way the Capitol rioters were amateurs compared to Antifa. They didn't even try to hide their identity (most of them at least) and broadcast themselves breaking the law on their own social media accounts while using their own phones whose locations are easily tracked.

Honestly I am surprised a bunch of paranoid right-wing conspiracists were so sloppy.

They were certain that they'd win, and if not they'd be shielded by white privilege.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gah, this is just reminding me of the clownshow series of morons that Trump pushed in front of the cameras

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Chinese company's multi-billion-dollar plan to build a city on Papua New Guinean island near Australian border (ABC).
The landmarks are clearly Melbourne except Melbourne doesn't have a giant Dan Andrews statue or giant pagodas roughly where Chinatown is.

Oh no, not build a city! Anything but that!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

By popular demand posted:

Oh no, not build a city! Anything but that!

quote:

According to leaked documents, the proposal for 'New Daru City' includes an industrial zone, seaport, business and commercial zone, along with a resort and residential area, over a 100 km2 area.
Considering the island itself is only 15km2 and that's pretty amazing.

Ben, usually when you cut a living thing into pieces it dies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

They had the support of a president who they believed to be the most powerful and popular president ever, and anyone who said otherwise was lying. In their minds, whatever they did would be forgiven.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

New Korner Kelly looking really off-model tbh

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leak doesn't know how flags and flag poles work.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Johnny Walker posted:

Their conspiracy theories have always been self-insert swashbuckling fanfiction and not actual grounded anything.
Of course they're not actually prepared or aware of a ton of insanely obvious real world problems they might face.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Jin Wicked posted:

Is it okay for me to post this? I hope it's okay for me to post this.

Just as C.S. Lewis refused to write a full-length sequel to The Screwtape Letters because they made him think like a demon, writing Dilbert has made Scott Adams become smarter-than-thou like Dilbert and a heartless bastard like Dogbert. We are what we pretend to be.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Nenonen posted:

Leak doesn't know how flags and flag poles work.

Wots his name again? doesnt know how anything works.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

BiggerJ posted:

Just as C.S. Lewis refused to write a full-length sequel to The Screwtape Letters because they made him think like a demon, writing Dilbert has made Scott Adams become smarter-than-thou like Dilbert and a heartless bastard like Dogbert. We are what we pretend to be.

Dilbert's evolution as the comic went on was pretty stark too. In the earliest strips Dilbert was treated as a loser and a geek, and also kind of a moron. Dogbert was the clear Scott Adams insert back then.

Also I don't know why I just remembered it, but I wonder if Scott Adams tweets shirtless pictures at people who mock him on Twitter still. He did that for a good while.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

uhhhhhhh where does Texas attach to the rest of the snake Ben?!

I think the idea is that the Texas snake is going to somehow fuse them into him. Somehow.

That is probably still overthinking it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah I think the Texas part of the snake detached, grew its own head, and is heading out on its own. And then the other parts of the snake are going to join up with the new head? Maybe he thinks snakes work like worms. In short:

Moon Slayer posted:

We can definitely add "snakes" to the big list of "things Garrison doesn't understand."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fun Fact: The head of a rattlesnake can actually survive being without it's body for several hours.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Snakes are all head and neck, they don't have a body, I will not be taking any questions at this time thank you.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Normy posted:

Not very busy at the unemployment office.

Chip Bok is so bad at composition.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Just post this for every future comic. It's the MC literally having nothing of worth to say... Just end it now!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Or this, I will accept this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

When he is, himself, made of carbon!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

At first glance I thought this was a comic against MyPillow guy, but then I realized it was about NewsMax pulling him off the air since they are already looking at a huge defamation lawsuit from Dominion and don't want to give the lawyers even more ammo. Obviously, defamatory speech is explicitly not protected, but Chuds deliberately misinterpret freedom of speech to mean I can say anything I want at anytime entirely without consequences.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Why won't Newsmax let me on to talk about how Mike Lester beat his wife, and also to give out his address and phone number?

e: I dunno, Mike, I think being too preposterous for Newsmax should be a wake-up call

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 6, 2021

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
But Mike Pillow is the one killing free speech (by using it to be defamatory and insane). He's ruining it for the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

wow, cannot believe the my pillow guy is being silenced as he regularly appears on national news networks, finances and releases propaganda films, and talks regularly with republican legislators and the former president of the united states