Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sir Nose posted:

I loved The Damned, couldn't get enough. But then a few songs into Captain Sensible's solo album, I completely lost interest in it. I can't articulate what happened because I'm not sure myself, but over the course of just a couple of songs, I was like- I've had enough of this, this sucks.

So, any reason to go back and try again?

Apologies for the (hopefully minor) derail...

I would definitely go back and watch the rest of the show.

Season 3 is really exceptional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Been digging WandaVision, and am currently binging Legion. Legion good ya'll.

It suffers a bit from binge watching in that a lot of scenes are characters monologuing, and in some cases it doesn't really matter who's saying it, it all sounds like the same writer. BUT the acting, dance sequences, general style, and general aesthetic more than make up for that.

The tone is too stylized to really sync with the Marvel Universe, but it'd be neat to see some of Legion show up as well. Make Jermaine Clement part of the MCU #hashtag

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 6, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wasn't the biggest fan of Legion Season 2 and 3, but whenever Jemaine Clement was on it was fantastic. The rap battle in season 3 with the Big Bad Wolf is just amazing.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Gonz posted:

I do not trust Agnes or Chekov’s Mailman.

The mailman I thought was just there to reinforce how she's controlling everyone but they're still somewhat aware of it. He says something like your mom wouldn't let anything happen she doesn't want to.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just caught up on the latest episode and

Lid posted:

What if...

Wanda, so overcome with that her entire family is dead and gone, desperately wants everyone back she tries to bring back the people she lost starting with her first loss. Except when she does it a hole rips amd instead this happens.

Lid posted:

It kind of makes sense he is the only character to have two people portraying the same role at the same time due to the weird way X-Men and Avengers rights works. Spider-Man was the other choice but they're doing that in a different direction. Quicksilver also works because X-Men Quicksilver is 100% preferred over Avengers Quicksilver. Would also be a way to bring mutants into the MCU.

*fistpumps* VINDICATION

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Lid posted:

Just caught up on the latest episode and

*fistpumps* VINDICATION

i'd love to believe this is more than just a gag/wandavision-only plot and we just get x-men quicksilver in the MCU. because those x-men movies took a hell of a nosedive (and are basically done anyway?) so we're not likely to see him again otherwise.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I mean Spiderverse actually somehow got greenlit, produced and released to massive success so theoretically anything is possible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MiddleOne posted:

I mean Spiderverse actually somehow got greenlit, produced and released to massive success so theoretically anything is possible.

At this point it seems less like a theory and more like a thing that is currently happening.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

XboxPants posted:

I can't wait to see what they parody next week for the 90's era. So far they've been going for pretty specific references to individual shows, so I'm hoping for 1990's they just go for broke and do a Dinosaurs sendup... Disney owns that show, right? :haw: Perfect excuse for cameos from Devil Dinosaur and Old Lace!!

Old Lace was already part of the Runaways show on Hulu.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I'd not be surprised if they go for a late 80s sitcom for the next episode, as there is a good differance between the late 80s/early 90s from the early 80s, and then we get 2000s.

That and there were so few family sitcoms from the mid 90s to like the mid 2000s.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Mooseontheloose posted:

That and there were so few family sitcoms from the mid 90s to like the mid 2000s.

They should straight up do Simpsons but live action. Tommy playing saxophone while fat alcoholic Vision straight up strangles Billy on screen.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 6, 2021

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Don’t we already know they’re doing a Roseanne episode?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mooseontheloose posted:

Married with children was a lot of the 90s
Blossom
Home improvement
Fresh prince of westwood
Dinosaurs

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I want Michael B Jordan and Chris Evans to appear, but they're both the Human Torch. Like Urkel and Stephen.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Mooseontheloose posted:

My husband wants them to do Malcolm in the Middle.

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality

Phylodox posted:

Don’t we already know they’re doing a Roseanne episode?

There was an interview (with Bettany iirc?) that name dropped full house, malcolm in the middle and modern family as key inspirations for 90s, 00s and 10s respectively. It also cited the dick van dyke show, bewitched and family ties as the primary influences for the 50s, 60s and 80s. Not sure on the 70s one, but the song vibed hard on partridge family.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Waiting for the breaking bad episode

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Barry Convex posted:

so, barring the possibility that Aaron Taylor-Johnson returns as Pietro at some point in the last four episodes, I wonder whether there's bad blood between him and Marvel or whether he just didn't want to return. more likely the latter though

I think it’s not necessarily either of those things, more that one of the few things that Wanda can’t do is bring someone back from the dead, so in order to bring him back she had to pull a version of Pietro from another universe. It would’ve been possible to cast Aaron Taylor-Johnson again but that wouldn’t make it as clear what she’s doing and wouldn’t have the same implications for the multiverse.

Plus the Evan Peters version is more popular anyway. I don’t know much about Taylor-Johnson but he’s only been in a couple things since Age of Ultron, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t want to return to the only role most people know him from.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Wanda was dressed as rule 63 Bailki in this last episode. :p

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

gey muckle mowser posted:

Plus the Evan Peters version is more popular anyway. I don’t know much about Taylor-Johnson but he’s only been in a couple things since Age of Ultron, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t want to return to the only role most people know him from.[/spoiler]

Aaron was in Tenent and I didn't recognize him immediately because of the huge beard he was sporting, until they did a close up of his face. Seems as he is looking for other type of movies and not get stuck in superhero flicks.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Have we considered the possibility of

https://twitter.com/allmenmust__die/status/1357694642393866247?s=20

showing up?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

fractalairduct posted:

Old Lace was already part of the Runaways show on Hulu.

I enjoyed Runaways a lot more than I thought I would.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
gently caress yeah. I just read that Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead are going to be directing an episode of the upcoming Moon Knight series, and that's going to be bonkers. If you've never seen their movies (Resolution, Spring, The Endless), they're great at cosmic horror. Their new movie Synchronic has Anthony Mackie in it too, so maybe that's how they got the Marvel connection. I'm really stoked about that.

Adus posted:

i'd love to believe this is more than just a gag/wandavision-only plot and we just get x-men quicksilver in the MCU. because those x-men movies took a hell of a nosedive (and are basically done anyway?) so we're not likely to see him again otherwise.
Unless they're going for a full recast for the inevitable X-Men integration, I can't believe this would be a one-off. Disney knows fans want them in the MCU, and their promotional material hyping Phase Four is going all-in on Multiverse (Dr. Strange, the next Spider-Man cast, and obviously this show). They already gave us a Multiverse fake-out with Mysterio in Far From Home, so they're not going to do it again with this reveal or it'll piss everyone off.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Thundercracker posted:

I want Michael B Jordan and Chris Evans to appear, but they're both the Human Torch. Like Urkel and Stephen.

I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was like "come on, let it be Urkel" when the doorbell rang at the end of the episode.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Unless they're going for a full recast for the inevitable X-Men integration, I can't believe this would be a one-off. Disney knows fans want them in the MCU, and their promotional material hyping Phase Four is going all-in on Multiverse (Dr. Strange, the next Spider-Man cast, and obviously this show). They already gave us a Multiverse fake-out with Mysterio in Far From Home, so they're not going to do it again with this reveal or it'll piss everyone off.

It seems like they want to bring the popular parts of the previous properties and integrate it into the MCU, a little like Secret Wars. I also think they want to close the book on some of the other movie universes and give Maguire and Garfield better movies to end on.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

sticklefifer posted:

Unless they're going for a full recast for the inevitable X-Men integration

I can’t really see them keeping any of the current cast. The few great performances all happened in the original incarnation of the x-men movies, and the only ones I could see them want back is Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, both of which are probably done with the roles.
Better to just start over and fix all the mistakes Sony made.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Oasx posted:

I can’t really see them keeping any of the current cast. The few great performances all happened in the original incarnation of the x-men movies, and the only ones I could see them want back is Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, both of which are probably done with the roles.

McAvoy, Fassbender, and Hoult all received rave reviews for their performances, and Jennifer Lawrence built a career off playing Mystique (and Hunger Games but I can’t remember which came first)?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Oasx posted:

I could see them tossing RDJ-levels of money at Jackman to come back later as Old Man Logan. It'd fund whatever vanity projects he has, he could wear a padded jacket or something to cover up most of his physique so he wouldn't have to kill himself working out, and it still leaves them open to recasting a younger Wolverine (or just bringing back Daphne Keen). It all depends on how done he really feels about the character.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Oasx posted:

the only ones I could see them want back is Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, both of which are probably done with the roles.

Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman after appearing in the next MCU movie:

Wanda Edit: A thing I'm so happy about the multiverse is that we are gonna get more Alfred Molina's Doctor Oc.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 6, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman after appearing in the next MCU movie:

Wanda Edit: A thing I'm so happy about the multiverse is that we are gonna get more Alfred Molina's Doctor Oc.

Jackman doesn't seem like he'd be above doing another film/couple of cameos to get his next batch of musicals greenlit
Don't think there's anything they could offer Stewart that he couldn't already get so he'd probably be down if only because he was bored and seems to genuinely like acting

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jackman doesn't seem like he'd be above doing another film/couple of cameos to get his next batch of musicals greenlit
Don't think there's anything they could offer Stewart that he couldn't already get so he'd probably be down if only because he was bored and seems to genuinely like acting

Stewart considers Logan to have been a great send-off for the character. He wouldn't say yes for money, but he would for the right script. Problem is, though, that he's already working on Picard.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Stewart might do it if Ian McKellan was on board to send of his version of Magneto. It was one thing they wanted for Logan but couldn’t work into the story.

Can’t see Jackman reprising his role for anything less than obscene can’t say no money.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mooseontheloose posted:

It seems like they want to bring the popular parts of the previous properties and integrate it into the MCU, a little like Secret Wars. I also think they want to close the book on some of the other movie universes and give Maguire and Garfield better movies to end on.

I wonder does that mean they'd bring Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter and Jon Bernthal back for Defenders stuff? Which, I want to feel sorry for Finn Jones, but there's almost no way he'd be invited given the show's reception and he really wasn't a good fit for the part so he has to kind of expect it.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ian McKellan apparently still has the muscle suit they gave him to wear as Magneto and wears it around the house for funsies occasionally, so I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he returned. And if he did return, he could probably get Stewart to come back as a friend if nothing else. Two Magnetos and two Xaviers would be fun.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Let's not forget that Ryan Reynolds has been dying to have a Wolverine in his Deadpool movies. I think the man would lose it is Disney manages to make it happen.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Patrick Stewart has already said that Feige asked him about coming back and he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1353742106314080260

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if it will happen or not but reminder that like every actor cast to a MCU role or featured as a cameo in a film has denied it until either photo shoot images leaked or an official announcement was made. So like, Patrick Stewart might never want to play Professor X again but on the chance that the MCU did provide a reason or enough money to make it happen I wouldn't expect him to be telling us that when we ask.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

PierreTheMime posted:

I appreciated the use of the Commodore 64 for the 80s business machine. It was a great nod to how shows constantly misuse hardware/software and in-show I assume that’s due to Wanda’s inexperience with computers of that era and that’s her assumption of what computers were like everywhere.

I am exceptionally disappointed in all of us that there was a whole screen worth of binary code on that C64 before it booted up and nobody's read it yet.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
So is Monica’s friend Shuri? Or does the anti-vax thing put the kibosh on that?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I think the best way to handle the Fox X-Men stuff is to have the various actors appear in a cameo situation and then whatever causes the universes to merge to allow them to recast everything if they choose to, and probably would be the best to start fresh at this point. You can have Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool not effected by it which would fit the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

tsob posted:

I wonder does that mean they'd bring Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter and Jon Bernthal back for Defenders stuff? Which, I want to feel sorry for Finn Jones, but there's almost no way he'd be invited given the show's reception and he really wasn't a good fit for the part so he has to kind of expect it.

The sad thing is they finally figured that out and did something interesting with the final episode of Iron Fist that made me want another season. And it was "Finn Jones doesn't do kung fu now".