Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

I assure you, their MTX is very well thought out. They made $400 million in two months last year.

IIRC it was over the first month. From mobile only.

inthesto posted:

This will forever be my favorite whaling video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZG4r1_FaYI&t=783s

My favourite is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCnib0pevbE simply because how she chants (she's commenting bilingual, even though the video starts in Jp)

Pain of Mind posted:

I am fundamentally opposed to paying for gacha stuff because my brain just cannot accept the lack of value your money gives. Even the best option in the Welkin pass is still terrible when you factor in what you are actually getting out of it, it just looks best because the other options are even more terrible. It feels like the value is obfuscated because you are buying big numbers where 3000 primogems sounds like a lot, but it is really just 18.75 rolls, and that is the best option by far. Same with the battle pass for exp books or whatever - wow you get a lot of books, but since it takes so much to level someone each book individually has very little value. I know lots of people think it is worth paying so money for stuff and that is fine, but my brain just hard-locks when you translate the $ into what you actually get in-game with it.

This is a good reasoning, but to me it falls flat on subjectivity - how do you determine what value is good enough per money given? Is ten bucks good enough for tenth of a pull, one pull, ten pulls, hundred pulls?

It's perfectly arbitrary and IMO the only way you can tell something like this is actually overpriced is that people don't buy it.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

I am fundamentally opposed to paying for gacha stuff because my brain just cannot accept the lack of value your money gives

I have paid subscriptions to various mmo's for almost 20 years now. Although I'm not currently subscribed to anything.

If I wanna whale on something I go ahead and do it and just consider it part of my entertainment budget. I've wasted money on worse poo poo like lottery tickets for decades.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
You can't save us. Our brains were already broken by card games and MMOs.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shimmy shimmy posted:

You can't save us. Our brains were already broken by card games and MMOs.

I, for one, welcome our waifu overlords.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't get the mentality of people who will sink hundreds of hours into f2p games and then balk at the idea of spending 5 dollars on it afterwards.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It's my time therefore it's free :stonklol:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
So last night I was bored and for fun decided to throw all of my lv80 Razor's +20 Gladiator artifacts, Chongyun's crit rate ice crown, and Xiangling's lv80 Crescent Pike onto Zhongli and try him out as a main DPS with a lv20 Albedo in tow. At lv60 the results were...impressive, to say the least, as he was about able to match Razor's DPS with only 4/3/3 talents. Several hours and about 25 fragile resin later (I had nearly 60 saved up), he's now my main DPS and has made a every domain an absolute cakewalk at lv72 with 7/4/6 talents.

So if anyone is still wondering about Zhongli after the patch, he's now basically an invincible DPS murder god.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

So last night I was bored and for fun decided to throw all of my lv80 Razor's +20 Gladiator artifacts, Chongyun's crit rate ice crown, and Xiangling's lv80 Crescent Pike onto Zhongli and try him out as a main DPS with a lv20 Albedo in tow. At lv60 the results were...impressive, to say the least, as he was about able to match Razor's DPS with only 4/3/3 talents. Several hours and about 25 fragile resin later (I had nearly 60 saved up), he's now my main DPS and has made a every domain an absolute cakewalk at lv72 with 7/4/6 talents.

So if anyone is still wondering about Zhongli after the patch, he's now basically an invincible DPS murder god.

Are you getting most of your DPS from his melee attacks, or is a big portion from the stele resonance?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

How dependent is his DPS on getting HP% artifact rolls? I moved some +16 artifacts around to try out carry Ning this week and at level 80 with a level 80 Lost Prayer and obscene talents her ATK is still in the high 1400s. Unsure where I should be picking up more ATK% apart from substat rolls and I don't have the will to grind that out when I have other carries waiting in the wings.

I haven't kitted Zhongli out yet, will probably go 2 Petra / 2 Noblesse, but I have a leveled Skyward Spine for him (or Crescent Pike if that works out better). Meteor talent is level 7, the others I can get up to a decent level. I have no clue how folks get him to 30K+ HP, that has to be at level 90 with optimal 5* artifacts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You still want dps main stat over HP, it's just that HP% is no longer a dead stat for artifact rolls.

Upgrading his pillars and burst is the most important thing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah...it's really minor scaling so the most it does is make HP substats less of a dead roll. only situation you'd run HP% main is to fully push him into shield support, but the changes mean it's pretty tanky already when you could otherwise push his burst damage with a traditional atk%/geo%/crit setup.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Ytlaya posted:

Are you getting most of your DPS from his melee attacks, or is a big portion from the stele resonance?

Melee + meteors. I drop the hold-e stele right away for the shield which buffs attack and then re-apply whenever it refreshes (I calculated the shield with his 25k hp blocks 6700 damage, plus 50% of that because it resists everything now for a total of ~10,000). His AA comes out really fast and a decent string of crits will generally net 12-17k damage on anything that doesn't have a naturally high physical resist, and most basic lv90 mobs are either dead or dying after a single combo. Meteor crits generally top out at around 30-40k. I figure I can get the numbers higher by popping Fish+Qiqi's elemental skills for the debuff.

The VV domain took about a minute to finish.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

First time through game I basically went grasping for ledges on one mountain top to the next so I basically walked up mt hulao properly for the first time on lowbie and lol this game is beautiful. I kinda don’t believe inazuma will ever exist.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I'd at least heavily consider HP% over Attack% if you're running him as a burst support. It boosts his meteor damage by a lot because it's a full 33% conversion, and the benefits to his Shield are pretty nice as well. For primary DPS it should still be Atk%/Geo%/Crit% though, the HP scaling just means it's a nice substat and adds some flat damage to everything.

I just built all of Zhongli's artifacts for +16 support set and now I'm wondering if I should be using him over Razor as my primary damage dealer. I guess one of the nice things about him is that he does a ton of good off-field, though, so you don't lose all that much if you're just swapping to him every so often.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The map designers are just excellent - the ominous look of dragonspine and the transition to freezing cold was also really well done

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

shimmy shimmy posted:

I'd at least heavily consider HP% over Attack% if you're running him as a burst support. It boosts his meteor damage by a lot because it's a full 33% conversion, and the benefits to his Shield are pretty nice as well.

Yes but Atk adds hundreds of percent to ult damage, right? Is the HP% multiplier applied after total DMG is calculated? It's a bit confusing.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Osmosisch posted:

Yes but Atk adds hundreds of percent to ult damage, right? Is the HP% multiplier applied after total DMG is calculated? It's a bit confusing.

I asked in the mathalos discord and the answer was that dmg and crit bonuses applied to the talent bonus hp damage. So if that's true it (atk*talentmult+hpdmg)*dmg_mult*crit

I have not really tested it because I'm in the process of building zhong up, so there's a slight chance this is misinformation from strangers on the internet.

Based on the gigantic multipliers I would assume atk is much better for ult but it's closer for stele and autos

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Ocher photo like that one Monopoly piece that nobody could get at McDonald's

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Osmosisch posted:

I think the full damage formula would be something like ((Zhong Li Base Attack * +Atk% + Non-Base Attack) * Planet Befall Skill Damage% + Zhong Li's HP * .33) * Damage% Modifiers i.e. Geo% or Noblesse * Crit Dmg% If Crit, which is to say, the bonus damage from HP gets scaled by all the increased damage sources you have but doesn't use the crazy high damage scaling on Planet Befall.

e:f,b

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Zhongli's role in my party remains generating Big Shields, but I would like to whale on enemies with his spear sometimes. Is the damage boost from 4 piece Retracing Bolide worthwhile? When I skimmed some build advice, most of what I saw recommended combining two damage sets.

Also, I think I'm about ready to transition Keqing out of Gladiator and into something that actually benefits her charged attack spam. Thundersoother seems nice because it keeps my ability to switch between physical and lightning depending on enemy resistances, but is there a different combo that can offer significantly higher damage? Thanks!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

avoraciopoctules posted:

Also, I think I'm about ready to transition Keqing out of Gladiator and into something that actually benefits her charged attack spam. Thundersoother seems nice because it keeps my ability to switch between physical and lightning depending on enemy resistances, but is there a different combo that can offer significantly higher damage? Thanks!

Pretty sure 4pc Thundersoother is the best set for Keqing hands down. If they ever buff electro reactions then there might be a case to be made for Fury set, but until then Soother's 4pc basically just increases Keqing's dmg output on every single attack by 35%. I might bite the bullet and finally farm up a decent set myself considering this BP will give me an R4 black sword for her.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I think the recommended set for her right now is 2pc Thundering Fury and 2pc Gladiator or Noblesse Oblige.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSBDGJgQWui7PUOyH-TOUdSNNXe1DdyfkyRbvr7Uqp4Fbdo3PtVh_SgkLraMxOEJT0bi7vNdI1uLAtW/pub

Take a look at this, it has a lot of information on her builds.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Crusher posted:

Pretty sure 4pc Thundersoother is the best set for Keqing hands down. If they ever buff electro reactions then there might be a case to be made for Fury set, but until then Soother's 4pc basically just increases Keqing's dmg output on every single attack by 35%. I might bite the bullet and finally farm up a decent set myself considering this BP will give me an R4 black sword for her.

I'll warn that this is not always true, the most typical cases being the slimes (aside of electro ones, who you need to physical, though) who never hold electro and you don't get the bonus.

Will take the bonus against electro Cicin mages (both res and attack) any day, though.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I run double fury double noblesse on a team with Albedo and Fischl so I can basically Q on cooldown and am permanently shielded. It owns.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I got 6 brown pictures today, still getting exactly one full set per day. Only one I am short on is yellow now, with 3 extras of my next lowest.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I'll warn that this is not always true, the most typical cases being the slimes (aside of electro ones, who you need to physical, though) who never hold electro and you don't get the bonus.

Will take the bonus against electro Cicin mages (both res and attack) any day, though.

Man, it's the small mechanical details that really hold Keqing back. Between proper artifacts, stamina management, knockback and charge attack restrictions, and elemental shenanigans, it really makes Keqing work for her DPS. Meanwhile Xiao: Plunge spam, knocks enemies up not back, ignores shields, Swirl never really detrimental.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Purple for me, I have 2 of everything else right now and got two rewards day 1 and 3 (today), and one on day 2. So far I haven't seen a specific bias with it, seems completely random to me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
https://www.reddit.com/poll/ldvy8i?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=Genshin_Impact&utm_content=t3_ldvy8i

Totally average distribution, nothing to see here.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do weapons that give +shield work if a character isn't the one who cast the shield? Like if I cast a shield with Zhongli and some other character has the +shield weapon, does that shield increase its HP or damage resist?

This is interesting, since Ochre is one of the two I've had the hardest finding. I get a whole bunch of Ultramarines and Pale Gold.

Melee + meteors. I drop the hold-e stele right away for the shield which buffs attack and then re-apply whenever it refreshes (I calculated the shield with his 25k hp blocks 6700 damage, plus 50% of that because it resists everything now for a total of ~10,000). His AA comes out really fast and a decent string of crits will generally net 12-17k damage on anything that doesn't have a naturally high physical resist, and most basic lv90 mobs are either dead or dying after a single combo. Meteor crits generally top out at around 30-40k. I figure I can get the numbers higher by popping Fish+Qiqi's elemental skills for the debuff.

The VV domain took about a minute to finish.

Huh, mine doesn't do nearly that much with 30k HP (I'm not sure exactly how much his melee combo, but I generally see numbers from 800-1300 or so - level 90 mobs definitely don't die in one combo though). He's still extremely useful just due to his shield and meteors (which still hit for like 25-30k or so), but I never use him for melee attacks.

It's possible I need more crit stats on him or something to make him perform better in melee. Albedo has a couple of my best crit rate/damage geo artifacts (since I prioritized giving crit to him so his skill would crit constantly - it generally does like 4000 damage per proc).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Crimson and ultramarine are the ones I've gotten the most :haw:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Stare-Out posted:

Crimson and ultramarine are the ones I've gotten the most :haw:

Same

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
In my enthusiasm, I overcropped it:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ran into more brown and yellow today than usual, purple is what i'm short on

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pain of Mind posted:

I got 6 brown pictures today, still getting exactly one full set per day. Only one I am short on is yellow now, with 3 extras of my next lowest.

If anyone wants to trade some of your yellow for ochre. Though maybe it is worth seeing what happens toward the last day?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

My hope is that when they ask us for ochre, gold and purple photos, the drop rates of those photos will increase.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

How do weapons that give +shield work if a character isn't the one who cast the shield? Like if I cast a shield with Zhongli and some other character has the +shield weapon, does that shield increase its HP or damage resist?

I find it easiest to think of Powerful Shield as a damage reduction you get while that character is shielded. If you have 15% Powerful Shield, then shields take 1/1.15 ~= 87% of the damage they would normally. If you swap off to a different character without any Powerful Shield, this benefit goes away. You want Powerful Shield on the character who's going to actually take damage while having a shield of some kind, not the one who casts it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Even with the map Hunting down Cor Lapis is legit fuckin annoying.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Even with the map Hunting down Cor Lapis is legit fuckin annoying.

I have 561 with Zhongli and Chongyun both at 80/90. The trick is start playing October 4th and then pick it up whenever you see it. There is like...ten or more on the artifact route. That's why I just grab everything I see.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tsyni posted:

I have 561 with Zhongli and Chongyun both at 80/90. The trick is start playing October 4th and then pick it up whenever you see it. There is like...ten or more on the artifact route. That's why I just grab everything I see.

Yeah I’ve been playing since launch and I just never prioritized getting them. Shame on me that’s for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Mt. Hulao (in NW Liyue) is one of the best spots to get a bunch of cor lapis in a small area. If you just want to gradually farm up, doing that one every few days is pretty efficient.