Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Cage Kicker posted:

Is there some reason you wouldn't be using M62 for the sniper quest line?

M62 was nerfed this wipe to be a M80 equivalent. (Pen 44, 79 damage.) 7N1 unlocks much earlier, pens through the same armour, and one taps the chest, thorax, or torso. It's just better to use ammo that one taps people with bolt action, because the bolt action is so painful and gives them a lot of time to react to you. This is basically my reasoning for BPZ too.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Does anyone know how... like... dying works?

My buddies and I got in to a firefight with Reshala and his guards, I got hosed up by the last guard but managed to kill him. My head and limbs were blacked out but I survived and healed up everything but my head, fixed bleeds etc.
Then I got up walked around the gas station went to loot my kill and as I knelt down, I died.

Is there anything I could have done to prevent this? or is there just a chance of dying when your head is blacked like that? Would I have stayed alive if I hadn't looted?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

My buddies and I got in to a firefight with Reshala and his guards, I got hosed up by the last guard but managed to kill him. My head and limbs were blacked out but I survived and healed up everything but my head, fixed bleeds etc.
Then I got up walked around the gas station went to loot my kill and as I knelt down, I died.

Is there anything I could have done to prevent this? or is there just a chance of dying when your head is blacked like that? Would I have stayed alive if I hadn't looted?

You may have died of hunger or thirst. Or touched barbed wire or ran on a black leg doing damage to your head. Any bit of extra damage touching your 0/25 head would kill you.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bucnasti posted:

If everything is blacked and you take any damage it will kill you, is the short version. If your stomach gets blacked you lose energy/hydration really fast so you might have healed up, then run out of energy or hydration and died from that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

If everything is blacked and you take any damage it will kill you, is the short version. If your stomach gets blacked you lose energy/hydration really fast so you might have healed up, then run out of energy or hydration and died from that.

I was green on every other part of my body, I used up a full CMS kit and a Salewa to get back to full health. There was no barbed wire or anything (it was right outside the front door of the gas station), and I wasn't dehydrated or hungry, the only active effect I had was pain medication.

Edit: on the post game screen it said I was killed by the guard that I was trying to loot.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Bucnasti posted:

getting heavy in the tarkov thread

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

I was green on every other part of my body, I used up a full CMS kit and a Salewa to get back to full health. There was no barbed wire or anything (it was right outside the front door of the gas station), and I wasn't dehydrated or hungry, the only active effect I had was pain medication.

Edit: on the post game screen it said I was killed by the guard that I was trying to loot.

If your limbs still had Fresh Wound, that can re-open and start causing bleeding damage again but that shouldn’t have carried over to anything else if they were green again.

Honestly it sounds like you got tapped by a guard you missed.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Honestly it sounds like you got tapped by a guard you missed.

We had the place cleared out for awhile, and the guy who it said killed me (one of the Zavodskoy guys) was on my kill list, so he's the guy I killed in the firefight that got me all hosed up in the first place.

My friends said that if you're at 0 on head and/or chest there's just a chance you die but I don't know if that's true, or if certain activities (like crouching to loot) trigger a check or if there's a timer, or if there was something I could do to prevent it. I probably spent 5 minutes on the floor of the station burning through every piece of medical gear I had to make sure I cleared all my conditions, and I know I've extracted with 0 on my torso before.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

M62 was nerfed this wipe to be a M80 equivalent. (Pen 44, 79 damage.) 7N1 unlocks much earlier, pens through the same armour, and one taps the chest, thorax, or torso. It's just better to use ammo that one taps people with bolt action, because the bolt action is so painful and gives them a lot of time to react to you. This is basically my reasoning for BPZ too.

Wow I guess I never looked at the ballistics page this wipe. I never knew BPZ one taps the chest through level 3 either. Thank you for sharing this!

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Just yesterday I finally found the last big Tushonka to finish the first Jaeger quest at level 18.

I scaved into Woods for checking the food spawns as I often do and spawned at the radio tower in the north right next to a ration supply crate. I searched it and what do my eyes see? A big Tushonka, finally!
I also picked up a few other food items (MRE, water, ...) and found 60 rounds of 5.45 BT ammo to put into two of the lovely 5.45 PS mags for the AK-74 my scav spawned with.

My exit was old station so I decided to go through the lake area and then around the east side of sniper rock.
Of course a PMC had the same idea and I just spotted him a few seconds before he saw me. I made a run for it in the other direction but he hit me once in the stomach, zeroing my Uley rig and blacking my stomach. He also gave me a light bleed.
And I didn't have bandages, great.

I zig-zagged through the trees, always keeping a tree between me and him whenever I needed to catch my breath and decided to try to circle north around the sunken village.
My plan worked out, the PMC probably was a rat and didn't bother chasing me as he could have easily anticipated my path and laid a trap for me.
I had one cheese which I used to keep my legs from blacking out from the bleed and to top off my head and torso when they were starting to look dangerously red. Remember me finding MRE and water? Boy lucky me, this actually saved me from dying due to the blacked out stomach!

I managed to run all the way to old train station and of course there is shooting.
There is always shooting.
On the verge of dying I decided to try to get into old train station and extract before the shooter would see me. I circle slowly around the open back wall and what do I see? Another PMC looking in my direction but looting something (scav probably).
I remember what goons taught me and just hold down the trigger of my AK-74 until it went 'click'. The guy is dead, lying on my extract. I try to loot him but I get extracted before I can get anything off his dead body.

I didn't catch what armor exactly he was running but I'm pretty sure had I not been lucky and gotten the BT rounds the stupid 5.45 PS just wouldn't have done anything to him and I would have been dead after this whole journey, without Tushonka.
I get frustrated by Tarkov a lot because I suck at PvP in this game. But this was one one of the most epic raids I ever had just because it had the right amount of misfortune balanced by luck and it had a happy ending after all.

So now I can finally progress Jaeger and get a chance to reach bitcoin farm as Jaeger lvl 2 is a prerequisite. Too bad this looks like another road block as his reputation grind is broken, 0 to 0.03 reputation per quest and I will definitely need to do the PVP quests to get him to lvl 2 which needs 0.2 reputation. Does anyone have a suggestion how a PvP noob might be able to finish The survivalist path - Cold blooded (2 PMC headshots with tremor) or Huntsman path - Secured perimeter (6 factory office PMC kills)? I have like 10 PMC kills total in my game right now and pretty much all of these were kills where I just got the jump on someone.

I'm willing to learn the close quarters factory PvP but I'm not willing in throwing away stupid amounts of cash for armor and mags full of top tier ammo because I know I will just lose it quickly. I like going into raids with an MP-153 with AP-20 lately, it's a sub 100k loadout with 6 rounds mag, 12 rounds in pocket and 20 rounds in secure container. Would something like this work in factory? Or should I run magnum buckshot and just hope for headshots? I could imagine spamming factory with a MP-153 with like 15 rounds of Magnum Buckshot and nothing else for ~35k a pop and then rush office area and try to hipfire someone in the face. Is this a bad idea?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Go to factory office area with a pistol and a pocket full of grenades and start throwing, you'll catch some people and get yourself a nice vector probably.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
rushing office area with a shotgun, or a pistol with a mag of ap ammo, or a pp19 etc are all pretty viable options. if youre going to use something without ap ammo itll work fine just either aim for the face or legs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

rushing office area with a shotgun, or a pistol with a mag of ap ammo, or a pp19 etc are all pretty viable options. if youre going to use something without ap ammo itll work fine just either aim for the face or legs.

One of my favorite memories in this game was when I did a pistol run with a 1911 in Factory. I shot some chad who didn't have his visor down in the face. He hosed me up, but luckily he had some great meds on him. Made out with some good poo poo and killed another player on the way out.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

socialsecurity posted:

Go to factory office area with a pistol and a pocket full of grenades and start throwing, you'll catch some people and get yourself a nice vector probably.

I tried this, got frustrated at repeated failure and started just bringing ADAR with m856A1 and rapid tap firing 30 round magazines to better success
got Hexgrid, P90, Vector and a few other things out of it

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Malefitz posted:

I'm willing to learn the close quarters factory PvP but I'm not willing in throwing away stupid amounts of cash for armor and mags full of top tier ammo because I know I will just lose it quickly. I like going into raids with an MP-153 with AP-20 lately, it's a sub 100k loadout with 6 rounds mag, 12 rounds in pocket and 20 rounds in secure container. Would something like this work in factory? Or should I run magnum buckshot and just hope for headshots? I could imagine spamming factory with a MP-153 with like 15 rounds of Magnum Buckshot and nothing else for ~35k a pop and then rush office area and try to hipfire someone in the face. Is this a bad idea?

I'm like you in that I stuck at PvP and last wipe I avoided PvP quests. This wipe I'm managing my money better so I'm less worried about losing gear on death because I can afford lots of cheap yoloadouts.

As others have said factory runs are the way to do it. If you suck at PvP than you basically need to play a game of statistics and accept that for every X matches you are only going to get a kill on one of them, and kit yourself accordingly.

If you haven't done Skiers stirrup quest yet than start with that. Buy cheap guns like pistols, load with a clip of good ammo, then take a backup mag and a pocket of cheap ammo in case you survive to pack a mag. I personally liked glocks with the big stick mag. Throw on some cheap armour like a press vest or uley. Run to the office, and hope for the best. Your goal isn't to survive, it's to last long enough to kill a PMC.

Eventually you'll get the feel for the map and the routes players will take to get to office. This is when you start busting out shotguns (or bolt action rifle for the tarkov shooter quests) and playing with an intent to survive and loot.

sinburger fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 5, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've had a lot more luck shotgunning in factory with magnum buckshot or flechettes than I have with AP-20. 153 w/ flechettes is actually my preferred weapon if I'm going in there. But I like shotties in general in Tarkov, they're fun and they're dangerous, to ranges that are a lot further than you might expect given the way other FPS games do shotguns.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I didn't have any luck getting my factory office kills until I went in with the KS23, which just seemed to click for me there like magic. It's a lot of fun to blast people with, and I had success with both shrapnel 25 and the barricade slugs. It can't take the attachments and accessories of the 12 gauge shotguns but the fun factor is what matters.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I managed to get Jaeger to LL2 without doing any of the PVP quests:

Acquaintance
Find food in raid - 0.04 rep

The survivalist path - Unprotected, but dangerous
Kill 5 Scavs on Woods without body armour - 0.04 rep

The survivalist path - Thrifty
Stash MRE and water in bunkers on Woods - 0.04 rep

The survivalist path - Zhivchik
Dehydrate for 5 mins - 0.03 rep

Tarkov Shooter 1
Kill 5 Scavs over 40M away with bolt-action without scope - 0.05 rep

That gives 20 rep in total. Unfortunately I did some quest that redueced Jaeger's rep beforehand so I also had to do:

Shady Business
Handover 3 FIR flash drives - 0.04 rep

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I played a few rounds in factory bullying 2 mans with my 3 stack? I farmed 3 kills just running office. I load my 153 with 3 flechettes and 6 double sabot because I'm good at the game and flex. Nothing like seeing 0'd out armour.

The flechettes are really good if you're used to fishing for a face hit anyways, because you'll have the same chance of one tapping their face with the added benefit of stripping their armour to shreds.

Lemon posted:

Acquaintance

Tarkov Shooter 1

That gives 20 rep in total. Unfortunately I did some quest that redueced Jaeger's rep beforehand so I also had to do:

Shady Business

I bought edge of darkness like 50% to ignore jeager quests, lol.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I played a few rounds in factory bullying 2 mans with my 3 stack? I farmed 3 kills just running office. I load my 153 with 3 flechettes and 6 double sabot because I'm good at the game and flex. Nothing like seeing 0'd out armour.

The flechettes are really good if you're used to fishing for a face hit anyways, because you'll have the same chance of one tapping their face with the added benefit of stripping their armour to shreds.

between the Gamma, the full size stash off the rip, and only having to do "Introduction" EoD is very worth it

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Cage Kicker posted:

between the Gamma, the full size stash off the rip, and only having to do "Introduction" EoD is very worth it

I know the price tag is a bit absurd but when this game really "clicked" for me and I knew I'd be playing it for a long time I just made the jump and upgraded to EOD. The bonuses you mentioned are simply huge when it comes to enjoying the game, especially around the start of each wipe. It allows you to look past some of the more bullshit aspects (like getting through all of Jaeger's horse poo poo) and just have more fun. I can hoard more loot in my stash like the little rat that I am and thats reason enough to buy it lmao

Highly recommended for anyone who thinks they're gonna be playing this game a lot.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

accidentally killed two bosses with my p226 last night (the shoreline one and the customs one) and all I got were a couple of tricked out AKs and that golden pistol lol

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Lemon posted:

Ugh, I knew I was being dumb. I didn't realize Gunsmith 6 unlocked the Tarkov Shooter questline. Thanks!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I plan on upgrading on the next sale. I don't play this game that much but I still want to support Russian warcrimes the developers of this game for what they have built.
I disagree with a lot of the bullshit they put in (like Jaeger) but overall I think it's a great game for what it is.

When I play Tarkov I realize it is what DayZ wanted to be but with actually fun gameplay:
The boredom of running through woods and fields for 20 minutes and then just dying without ever seeing anyone, wiping the progress of hours or days is solved by having instanced maps.
Frustration over losing everything you have looted in a single mouse click is solved by the stash and flea market.
"Base building" is actually possible for solo players because of the hideout.
The old problem of not knowing what to do is solved by Quests.
And compared to DayZ the UI and mechanics work almost flawlessly.

So yeah, I am happy to spend another ~75€ for EoD just to support the developers and encourage building games like this a little.

And to skip loving Jaeger.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Hey folks, its been a while and I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. I've been grinding harder than I usually do this wipe and got my bitcoin farm up and running and basically burned out because apparently all I care about is the grind and I have no real goals and find the gameplay stressful.

Anyways here's two times I did good this wipe. A shoreline 2 v 3, and a customs 1 v 3. E: I linked the same fight twice... but fixed it.

Rest assured I spend most of my time getting blapped. I'm hitting a fairly hard wall as I have no motivation to do runs other than to unlock M61 for slightly cheaper and consistent high quality 7.62 nato.

Anyways if I can offer some advice for OP I think a lot of the 7.62r and Nato rounds need to have giant disclaimers on them about their usefulness. If you're using a bolt action or trying to do the sniper questline, you should really be using a SV-98 or Mosin for the 7n1 sniper round, because it pens through lv4 and has lethal damage on torso hits. SNB is a good, inexpensive, high quality ammo but it needs that double tap or head shot. It's much better in something like an SVDS. If you hit a geared guy with SNB using a bolt action it'll be like .6 seconds until you can fire again, and you might have hit a stomach or arm, meaning you need 2 more torso hits.

If you want to use the 7.62 nato rounds for the sniper quest line I'd recommend using BPZ. It deserves a mention in the 'good ammo' pile imo, just because it does deliver a lethal hit through armour class 3 and probably headshots fine. At the very least it makes taking a m700 or DVL much less painful when fighting scavs. I do think due to the way torso HP works in this game that all these sniper rifles are basically inferior because they don't have 7N1, but all the semi automatic options are fine.

Oooh. And the .366 VPO-215 is actually somewhat viable as a comparable bolt action with this round:

It's a one shot for only 400~ rubles. You get the gun early and it's super cheap, but with this ammo it's does present a real threat and has more rapid reloads than the Mosin.

the higher flesh damage of .366 AP means you're much more likely to successfully OHK via thorax through level 4 armor than with 7n1, so I absolutely recommend the VPO-215 for a lot of the Jaeger bolt-action quests

obviously you don't want to be using it for Shooter Born in Heaven (100m+ headshots), but for something like Tarkov Shooter part 3 (killing PMCs at less than 25 meters) you're going to have a much more enjoyable time running an 18k rouble gun that can blap people center mass than trying to hit banger headshots at ranges where you're disadvantaged vs. even naked dudes using terrible pistols

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

Malefitz posted:

Ugh, I knew I was being dumb. I didn't realize Gunsmith 6 unlocked the Tarkov Shooter questline. Thanks!

Yeah, I plan on upgrading on the next sale. I don't play this game that much but I still want to support Russian warcrimes the developers of this game for what they have built.
I disagree with a lot of the bullshit they put in (like Jaeger) but overall I think it's a great game for what it is.

When I play Tarkov I realize it is what DayZ wanted to be but with actually fun gameplay:
The boredom of running through woods and fields for 20 minutes and then just dying without ever seeing anyone, wiping the progress of hours or days is solved by having instanced maps.
Frustration over losing everything you have looted in a single mouse click is solved by the stash and flea market.
"Base building" is actually possible for solo players because of the hideout.
The old problem of not knowing what to do is solved by Quests.
And compared to DayZ the UI and mechanics work almost flawlessly.

So yeah, I am happy to spend another ~75€ for EoD just to support the developers and encourage building games like this a little.

And to skip loving Jaeger.

Totally agreed man. I know that gamers are notorious whiners so I shouldn't be surprised when they incessantly complain but when I see people getting worked up about the weight system or "the netcode" I can't help but think about what an extraordinary achievement this game is.

I feel like BSG are following in the footsteps of the same mod makers that created games like Counter-Strike and Dota. The game as it exists today isn't exactly what they set out to make from the beginning (open world is coming!) but it's also a totally unique shooter that doesn't really have a precedent. You can point to MMOs that have loot-it-all death mechanics like Darkfall and roughly similar games like Hunt: Showdown but nothing else really compares. The gunplay in EFT is the best in the industry IMO - I went back to play PUBG a couple months ago and was stunned by how lovely its gunplay is. Then you factor in the complexity of the ballistics system, all of the different armor types, weapons and attachments and you know there's really nothing like it.

All of that is not to say the game doesn't have issues, we've all died around corners or had sketchy hit reg. I just think the price of EOD is warranted to support devs that are taking chances on games like EFT.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the real big thing going back to pubg was how anemic all the guns sounded lol tarky guns are so powerful sounding it owns

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

LGD posted:

the higher flesh damage of .366 AP means you're much more likely to successfully OHK via thorax through level 4 armor than with 7n1, so I absolutely recommend the VPO-215 for a lot of the Jaeger bolt-action quests

obviously you don't want to be using it for Shooter Born in Heaven (100m+ headshots), but for something like Tarkov Shooter part 3 (killing PMCs at less than 25 meters) you're going to have a much more enjoyable time running an 18k rouble gun that can blap people center mass than trying to hit banger headshots at ranges where you're disadvantaged vs. even naked dudes using terrible pistols

Also you'll get most of them back in insurance because people want mosins, but who can be bothered with a vpo-215 :)

Last wipe I went through probably 20 mosins trying to get Tarkov shooter part 3 knocked out. I finished it this wipe on the 4th vpo-215 + ap raid and I actually survived 2 of those. Blew my mind lol

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

Stux posted:

the real big thing going back to pubg was how anemic all the guns sounded lol tarky guns are so powerful sounding it owns

And they're so detailed man! Every gun has a unique sound that changes depending on the gas block & muzzle on the gun, which means that as you learn the game and how each gun sounds at different ranges you can identify players and track their locations based on where you hear them shooting. Not at all unique to Tarkov but still cool nonetheless.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fancy_Lad posted:

Also you'll get most of them back in insurance because people want mosins, but who can be bothered with a vpo-215 :)

Last wipe I went through probably 20 mosins trying to get Tarkov shooter part 3 knocked out. I finished it this wipe on the 4th vpo-215 + ap raid and I actually survived 2 of those. Blew my mind lol

yep :)

and, while they're likely to be stripped from the VPO you get back via insurance, it's also ridiculously cheap to further kit out for quests where you're not just suicide charging factory with a basic gun - the suppressor it uses is like 16-17k, and it has full-sized rails by default, so you can slap whatever cheap optic you want on it (you can often get TAC 30's, FDE ELCAN's, or ADO P4's for ~25k)

so a silenced bolt action with your choice of usable variable scope for ~60k, vs. mosin snipers which start at ~50k without any optics/accessories at all (ofc you can use mosin infantry + tri-rail once you unlock it, but that's really only saving you ~10k and you're still going to be well over the total cost of the entire VPO package even before you add the 30-50k it costs to silence a mosin)

and the ammo generally performs better

the only downsides are the higher MOA + lower bullet speed (which are still entirely fine), so you're going to be much better off pretty much all the times you're not primarily trying to score 100m+ headshots (i.e. all the time you spend playing the game that isn't trying to complete Shooter Born in Heaven)

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Lemon posted:

Acquaintance

Tarkov Shooter 1

Shady Business

If you have the EOD loyalty bump this gets you to LL 3 I'm pretty sure. I'm at LL3 and still trying to do the 25 m bolt action kills and 6 kills in office, which I'm pretty sure are the first couple PvP quests from him.

Also cyclon batteries are the best way to cheese Jaeger's money thresholds. He buys for 51k and they sell on the flea market for 51k.it's a straight trade.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Are there any optics that play nice with NVGs? I got hooked on taking care of Scav quests during night raids when doing the no scope bolt action quest and never realized that NVGs are basically a no go with any sort of illuminated optic until I tried to do the same tactic for Shoreline AKM kills - that raid I just ended up butt stashing my optics and using iron sights but I'm wondering if there are any optics I could have been using that don't have the obnoxious glare.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The ip87 is really good for that. Other good sights include the monstrum 2x, the valday and of course the pk-06.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mae posted:

The ip87 is really good for that. Other good sights include the monstrum 2x, the valday and of course the pk-06.

I dont know if I'm crazy but the monstrum 2x is too dark through the scope to pick out details easily using NVG. It cancels the brightness of nvg, in a way a lot of magnifications scopes do, but doesn't have enough field of view to give you good context.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Elcans work with night vision and can be mounted on the AKM.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

I got in a few firefights in Woods with my trusty OP SKS and it sounded so loving satisfying there.

Oh, I also found a Hex Grid plate carrier armor in a Jaeger stash in that map. Map knowledge is super important in this game.

HORSEPORN
Oct 7, 2008
Does anyone have any cheeky spots for Tarkov shooter 8?

I’ve probably run woods 40+ times now and I’ve had multiple 2/3 and 1/3 completions but I’ve managed to choke out two times and the other times I’ve never even seen a third person. I spent half an hour in a raid last night running around lumber mill with shturman’ svd just three round bursting scavs and no players even came to check.

I really don’t want to have to resort to cheesing my last task before collector but the fact that I’ve incidentally completed the “kill shturman 25 times quest” without finishing TS8 is kind of getting grating.

I guess on the plus side it made me 50 million rubles richer because the sv-98/7n1 are dirt cheap and I’ve found multiple keycards/red rebels but man gently caress this quest when 1/3 of the raid is hiding for SBIH, 1/3 is players running around trying to pop scavs, and the other 1/3 is trying to do TS8 and resetting in the first ten minutes.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

It would be far more reasonable if it was killing players without dying instead of in a single raid.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I dont know if I'm crazy but the monstrum 2x is too dark through the scope to pick out details easily using NVG. It cancels the brightness of nvg, in a way a lot of magnifications scopes do, but doesn't have enough field of view to give you good context.

You can toggle the reticle between a black "day" reticle and a red "night" one on the monstrum unless I'm thinking of the wrong 2x scope

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

HORSEPORN posted:

Does anyone have any cheeky spots for Tarkov shooter 8?

I’ve probably run woods 40+ times now and I’ve had multiple 2/3 and 1/3 completions but I’ve managed to choke out two times and the other times I’ve never even seen a third person. I spent half an hour in a raid last night running around lumber mill with shturman’ svd just three round bursting scavs and no players even came to check.

I really don’t want to have to resort to cheesing my last task before collector but the fact that I’ve incidentally completed the “kill shturman 25 times quest” without finishing TS8 is kind of getting grating.

I guess on the plus side it made me 50 million rubles richer because the sv-98/7n1 are dirt cheap and I’ve found multiple keycards/red rebels but man gently caress this quest when 1/3 of the raid is hiding for SBIH, 1/3 is players running around trying to pop scavs, and the other 1/3 is trying to do TS8 and resetting in the first ten minutes.

drat I killed three pmc's in the wood factory thing with an m700 the other week. I think you have to keep running it and camping, it seems to be the only place pmc's congregate. Hopefully you get lucky and kill someone at a nearby spawn.

Cage Kicker posted:

You can toggle the reticle between a black "day" reticle and a red "night" one on the monstrum unless I'm thinking of the wrong 2x scope

it isn't the red that makes it hard to see. It's like you are looking without ads and everything is bright green, and you ads and everything looks like a dark shadow. I'll take a screen cap next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORSEPORN
Oct 7, 2008

Great Beer posted:

It would be far more reasonable if it was killing players without dying instead of in a single raid.

I was thinking that but then I realized it really just encourages you to bum rush a spawn, kill the player, and reset immediately.

I think it would be better if it followed the prapor/peacekeeper logic of successively making you use bigger and badder guns. Prapor is something like AKM/AKS/SVD/REAPIR M1A and peacekeeper logically follows the same pattern with adars and m4’s.

Meanwhile the .308 Osiris is sitting there as an endgame gun and I think TS part 8 would be way better if it was something like 3-5 Osiris kills from a certain meter marker. Hell, make it 20 PMC’s I don’t care.