Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

pog boyfriend posted:

normals is the fun game mode to play with your friends, thus making it the only mode worth playing. hope this helps

ranked is good as an outlet for tryharding (for those who need such a thing (like me)) so when you do play with friends you can correctly not give a poo poo about winning and laugh as the 25/2 enemy kaisa lays waste to your entire social circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im curious what anti-competitive protection triggers based on because just had a win 25-9 where the worst player on our team was 1/4/1 and was trying hard the dice just never came up Yi and it seems like the system might not know whats up.

It also gave me 2 points out of 200 needed for a stop loss at my level so also, kind of vaguely insulting.

Edit: I double checked and Ahahaha they left the game. We won a 4v5 and I didn't even notice and thought they were just quietly sucking somewhere.

Never ever quit your games.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 6, 2021

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

normals actually uses the same points system as ranked to match you against equally-skilled opponents, it just doesn't show you the number
for whatever reason this stops broken-brained Gamers from freaking out about it

this is true in every game that has "normals", except old versions of cod for some reason
and then all the slightly-above-average cod gamers whined for 3 years when they added it because they could no longer do the equivalent of stomping bronze games as a diamond smurf

Sure but not in how people treat it. I see whacky off meta picks all the time in normals. And people make jokes in the chat and generally have a good time, or at least try to.

Ranked is the no fun zone. Where people stick to their main and rage at their team. It's a much different experience.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 6, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just had the weirdest game. Our support was a yuumi who immediately abandoned me to help their duo partner Sett, I asked them nicely to come with me, then figured that wasn't happening so I focused on trying to cs and stay alive (after asking the enemy team to report the yuumi). They were actually good at the game and we would have won if it wasn't for the fact that their duo buddy strat tilted the mid and jungle into raging all game, even though they weren't the ones getting hosed over by them.

At least I got a quadrakill out of the mess and they both honoured me for being the only non-raging one on the team. I didn't up reporting even though the strategy was basically griefing because at least they were still trying to win unlike the Yone and Gragas.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/status/1357812100853239809

someone at Riot got really really pissed off at phoenix Udyr chain clearing

Though it's immediately obvious the gold hit will probably be meaningful I'm never able to properly gauge if this alters clear routes to hit 3 to gank. I don't... think it does?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The gently caress? Surely the point of S11 was to give junglers enough gold to be relevant again?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the jungle, notoriously irrelevant role

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

it's really interesting to me how hard it must be to balance league when the player base reaction to the game isnt remotely reflected in reality

why am i quoting this. who can say

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
As a jungle player, jungle is completely out of line right now

Those changes are necessary

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Playing Viego is kind of making me realize that the game has become pretty unwieldly for new to moderate players, just because of the champion pool.

I've been playing (poorly) for a very long time. I've played all the champions. But hopping into someone as Viego makes me realize there's no way I can immediately remember 150+ champion skills and exactly which key they are on.

Like I jumped into Nidalee, and had no idea what was her pounce versus bite versus whatever the gently caress, because it had been so long since I played her. Honestly, it's kind of a silly ult - for full utility of it, you need to basically have memorized about 450 skills and their keybindings.

Bigger picture is, I can't imagine how newer players come into the game and aren't pretty immediately overwhelmed with wondering what most of the champions even do at this point. There's just so many. Maybe they just have better memories than I.

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 7, 2021

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Riot added a new jungler who loving sucks so their solution is to nerf jungle as a whole

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lot of real mad jungle mains ITT.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well, they always have teammates expecting them to do things. which is very toxic. and now they might not have the number one role anymore? its too much to bear

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SlyFrog posted:

Playing Viego is kind of making me realize that the game has become pretty unwieldly for new to moderate players, just because of the champion pool.

I've been playing (poorly) for a very long time. I've played all the champions. But hopping into someone as Viego makes me realize there's no way I can immediately remember 150+ champion skills and exactly which key they are on.

Like I jumped into Nidalee, and had no idea what was her pounce versus bite versus whatever the gently caress, because it had been so long since I played her. Honestly, it's kind of a silly ult - for full utility of it, you need to basically have memorized about 450 skills and their keybindings.

Bigger picture is, I can't imagine how newer players come into the game and aren't pretty immediately overwhelmed with wondering what most of the champions even do at this point. There's just so many. Maybe they just have better memories than I.

I was thinking about this back when the game only had a hundred champions. It was tricky enough learning things when there were only forty champions in the game, if I was a new person starting the game now I'd probably quit pretty quick. From a 'learn what champions do so you can learn how to fight them' perspective it's even crazier with the absolute ridiculous number of skins in the game,a great number of which make a champion look drastically different.

I can't imagine trying to learn the game starting new in the year 2021. :psyduck:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

vinegars passive is a complete afterhtought. you jump in and if you have time and for whatever reason dont want to mash R as soon as possible for a dash and execute you can just mash QWE in whatever order you please

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have thought for a long time League should have a "season pool" which is like a trimmed down set of 40 champs or so that are used for actual season play and then an open set for unranked a bit like magic the gathering.

A big reason Ive enjoyed Wild Rift is because it had less than half the champions when it launched so I had time to get re-acclimated but obviously they're adding champs as fast as they can to catch back up with PC LoL so by like June that'll be lost.

I hate the idea of promotion series so now despite 80% win rate in silver Im frozen at the first of my promotion matches. Thanks brain!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Barudak posted:

I have thought for a long time League should have a "season pool" which is like a trimmed down set of 40 champs or so that are used for actual season play and then an open set for unranked a bit like magic the gathering.

A big reason Ive enjoyed Wild Rift is because it had less than half the champions when it launched so I had time to get re-acclimated but obviously they're adding champs as fast as they can to catch back up with PC LoL so by like June that'll be lost.

I hate the idea of promotion series so now despite 80% win rate in silver Im frozen at the first of my promotion matches. Thanks brain!!!

this is a terrible idea, imo.

speaking of terrible ideas, just remove the surrender option from the game or make it require a unanimous vote regardless of time. I just lost because even though we were clearly beginning to turn things around, a 4-1 vote happened at the 20 minute mark. I am so tired of people who give up early

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
well at least you know it’s terrible

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think there is a huge amount of built up investment and opportunity with the game, but you're right as a primary thing not great. Maybe a rotating event with things where the game selects like 30 champs at random and tells the two teams get to the drafting from that set, a mode where you preselect 5 champs you own and each time you die you cycle through to the next one etc.

I just think there are opportunities to play with the roster size for little bits of fun and also customize sales a little bit

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Balancing a limited roster would be pretty rough but it could be fun for maybe a week seeing some inconsistent champions get handed the conditions to run rampant

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hey at least riot makes the bare mininmum of effort to balance the game.

dota2 is literally balanced by every champ being insanely broken and overpowered. Getting stunned for 6 seconds straight in a fight isn't just rare in dota2, it's actively likely.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

dota has a lot more focus on vision and hard and soft pressure, or at least had last time i played ages ago. so like by the time you're getting chain stunned to death you already massively hosed up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Got my prize, now to never touched ranked again. My first promotion series was 3 monstrous losses in a row, so then I just had to win another 4 in a row to make up the hole, thanks.

I suck but it feels like getting MVP on support requires a weird circumstance.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Help! The role that has easy access to the whole map and decides when and where it wants to fight is having a high impact on the game!

I'm sure there's room to nerf jungle and not have it dumpster the role, but it always amuses me to see the complaint that jungle has high impact on the outcome of the game.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rangerzxd/status/1358139433678168067
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=lawn+sprinkler

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
More proof that platinum 1 is the absolute loving worst

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao what a loser

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

seems reasonable? I’d love to have a teammate like this over the literal house plants I get

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Phigs posted:

Help! The role that has easy access to the whole map and decides when and where it wants to fight is having a high impact on the game!

I'm sure there's room to nerf jungle and not have it dumpster the role, but it always amuses me to see the complaint that jungle has high impact on the outcome of the game.

you see its funny because the jungle role has not been bad in literal years but the junglers pretend its very bad all the time, and that's why it's funny to make fun of them

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jungling being super impactful causes a ton of problems in general, especially with the way they allow people to get autofilled

It probably deserves the nerf for that reason, but it still feels crazy weird to attempt to nerf the effectiveness of the role by making clears slower rather than toning down the global objectives that cause it to be so important

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

seems reasonable? I’d love to have a teammate like this over the literal house plants I get

No way, the guy is obviously a prick from that. Everything about it is so completely self-centered, he's expecting his laners to simultaneously have priority at all times while also not taking "risky" trades nor ever expecting a gank. Ol' Fiddles Player there is clearly never ever going to help his lanes pre-6, despite the fact that Fiddles is actually a completely fine skirmisher. Maybe if he understood that there's times when you really do need to help your lanes (eg counterganking) and not just blaming your lanes for whatever goes wrong, he wouldn't be stuck in plat 1, The Worst MMR. He's expecting his team to win every lane 4v5, it's just impossible.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"Saying 'GJ' after a gank is MANDATORY" is actual psycho poo poo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You’ll accept a Lux thumbs up emote and loving like it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

You’ll accept a Lux thumbs up emote and loving like it.

The nautilus thumbs up emote is the best content the game has ever given me out of a chest. Look at the big guy he's so happy

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

fid early ganks are just missing a little damage, if your laner can compensate his cc staggering is pretty hard to deal with. i esp like ganking for like darius

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually think the funniest thing in there is "always have lane priority so i can do scuttle, always help me if my jungle gets invaded, i will literally never help you"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

lol what a dork-rear end nerd.

If someone links me this poo poo before a game, I'm not reading that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://i.imgur.com/bnDvjPk.jpg

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hey at least riot makes the bare mininmum of effort to balance the game.

dota2 is literally balanced by every champ being insanely broken and overpowered. Getting stunned for 6 seconds straight in a fight isn't just rare in dota2, it's actively likely.

6 second stuns are healthy for a game, league suffers because it doesn't have any of them so it has to crank damage way up to compensate for the lack of CC and everyone dies in 0.5 seconds

I hope the next skarner rework triples the duration of his ult and deletes his stupid king of the hill gimmick from the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The jungle is that place where I kill the monsters so I can come zooming into lane at mach 5 on Lillia.