Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so i get hungry a lot of the time and occasionally order a meal from UberEATS but it gets expensive, spent $830 on food from it last month, trying to cut down, etc. so when my buddy said he was going to get UberEATS i gave him my referral code so he could get $20 off of his $25 meal, and the total cost of 32 wings, fries, and a redbull from UberEATS was $4.17. This is very good. I took my sister's phone and signed up for uber eats forr her with my referral code and did the same thing, 32 wings, a redbull and crinckled fries. $4.17. i am interested in the ethical dilemma resulting from this, is it good or bad? i don't tip

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
£830 is too much on takeaway, friend. I would look into this first.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Carry your own food op

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Aginor posted:

this does not help me

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You're basically doing what the Chinese did to Uber. Uber set up the free ride incentive with which drivers would get paid normally, so people bought tons of SIM cards and created tons of accounts, each of which took exactly one free ride, which wasn't even a ride since the same person also had the SIM card/phone for the "driver."

Come hang out in the AliExpress thread and wash away your compunctions.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Or you could just learn how to cook OP.

Wings and fries are really loving easy to make.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's way too much loving money on food by a magnitude of like...4x.
Secondly, you shouldn't be putting back 30+ wings and fries at one go. That's ridiculous.

Stop it you loving lardboy.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

For your specific question a lot is riding on how you define ‘ethics’ vs. ‘morals’, since your actions are occurring in the context of Uber’s terms of service—which you accepted by using their business—and also in the context of a society that has cultural norms regarding the conduct of commercial transactions. And of course the kantian/utilitarian dichotomy looms large.

Also you are a dick for not tipping.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Eat less candles

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stick it to the man, OP. Hell stick it to everyone. Subway girl accidentally gives you back a tenner when she was supposed to give you a five? Pocket that poo poo, thanks for the sandwich and the money. Sure, she's probably going to get fired, but who cares? It doesn't affect ME. What about ME? It's a dog eat dog world, man, and only the strong survive. You know how you show strength? Getting what you want at any cost. In the case of your particular situation, a very low cost, hehe.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Have you tried not eating anymore OP? Its a risky move but longterm it might save us from posts like these

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Holy poo poo all that on trashy takeout, what a waste

Cut out like 2-3 months of that spending amd you have yourself a nice foreign holiday anywhere in the world you want.

Wait till the pandemic is over and you have a luxury holiday.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy more rice & beans op :)

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Who the hell drinks a redbull with food?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Men who yearn to fly :angel:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Redbull already gives you wings hth

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Treat your depression first, op. It may be less expensive than eating until you're bedridden.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this does not help me

Let it be a start, mate. Forget about the other poo poo and stop ordering that much takeaway.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My wife sells used seeds and I collect hubcaps, our monthly takeout budget in is $1250.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op can't type. friggin owned big time

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Aginor posted:

didn't realize the pound had fallen that far. dire.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

You are abusing the referral system to defraud ubereats. I highly doubt your family members didn't know what ubereats is before you started referring them. If you want to do this right get in contact with one of those uncontacted tribes and ask to use their phone

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP as a food doctor I can tell you are not getting enough micronutrients such as foliage and carradine. I recommend a steady 10 week diet of cum and rear end. That should clear your dire problems right up!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

house of the dad posted:

You are abusing the referral system to defraud ubereats. I highly doubt your family members didn't know what ubereats is before you started referring them. If you want to do this right get in contact with one of those uncontacted tribes and ask to use their phone

how is an uncontacted tribe gonna have phones with service

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I would advise you to spend literally 4 times less on making food yourself which would taste better (if you can't cook for poo poo, great news you have access to millions of tutorials), be healthier for you and likely bring more to local producers than whatever you're ordering from.

But if you never tip I would advise to spend as much as possible, ideally on McD's and KFC also only eat meat so those drivers won't have to put up with you for too long.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Learn how to cook your own wings?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

If you can afford nearly a grand a month in takeout you can afford to tip the person that brought you all that salty fat jesus loving christ

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Pretty sure the restaurant gets almost nothing when you buy from that service.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKX6GOmTGBA

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

uber is capitalism personified, and every single person involved (you, the restaurant, and the delivery driver) is getting taken advantage of by a corporation

so gently caress em, bleed uber dry, it's actually the ethical thing to do

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Men literally spend $830 a month on takeout instead of going to therapy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

update: did it again

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

get blueapron or whatever your local equivalent is, it owns

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1001 Arabian dicks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I only order from Dominos or places that do their own delivery thing. I hate uber and alike services.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

so i get hungry a lot of the time and occasionally order a meal from UberEATS but it gets expensive, spent $830 on food from it last month, trying to cut down, etc. so when my buddy said he was going to get UberEATS i gave him my referral code so he could get $20 off of his $25 meal, and the total cost of 32 wings, fries, and a redbull from UberEATS was $4.17. This is very good. I took my sister's phone and signed up for uber eats forr her with my referral code and did the same thing, 32 wings, a redbull and crinckled fries. $4.17. i am interested in the ethical dilemma resulting from this, is it good or bad? i don't tip

hey 1001 arabian dicks

could you give me your referral code so I can get $20 off of my $25 meal to bring the total cost of 32 wings, fries and a redbull from UberEATS to $4.17? I've been spending too much money, $308 !, on food for the past month. i'm pragmatically considering the ethical quandary whether or not to share this link with my family, so that they can also get 32 wings, a redbull and crinckled fries for $4.17 from UberEATS. Is it wrong for me to strike a blow against against the giant on behalf of the little guy by using your referral code to order from UberEATS?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

update: did it again

I like how the redbull and fries are a single line item that can't be right but what do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

real quality stuff