Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Louisiana hosed me out of my unemployment by letting a hurricane knock out the power for the phone reporting service and treating that as a lapse in my reporting. This was immediately following the completion of a 2 week lead-in period and a 2 week reporting period. They said I'd have to wait another month before getting another check.

Rotten fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Hey Navy thread.

I'm active duty at 11 yrs, I'm about to transfer back to a sea command (submarine type) in a few months for my last 12 months of obligated service because I'm a loving idiot at managing my career.

I meant to get out after my first, miserable, sea tour, but my COB asked me if I'd reenlist if I got shore duty orders to a sick shore tour and I said "lol, yeah sure" because I figured he had no power to do so.

So yeah, very interested in EOT chat. My buddy works at my dream job and has 100% disability from the VA because the Navy hosed both his knee surgeries up. Figure I should tell medical about my crippling knee and back pain that keeps me from sleeping much most nights huh?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

You are a nuke, right? Get out and get into the data center industry. You won't regret it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I was unemployed for six months after getting out of active duty back in 2013. Filing in Maryland. Never had too much of an issue, but the most annoying part was I transferred directly into the reserves, so whenever I drilled and got my weekend pay, I had to report that which basically knocked my entitlement to $0 for that week.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Elviscat posted:

Hey Navy thread.

I'm active duty at 11 yrs, I'm about to transfer back to a sea command (submarine type) in a few months for my last 12 months of obligated service because I'm a loving idiot at managing my career.

I meant to get out after my first, miserable, sea tour, but my COB asked me if I'd reenlist if I got shore duty orders to a sick shore tour and I said "lol, yeah sure" because I figured he had no power to do so.

So yeah, very interested in EOT chat. My buddy works at my dream job and has 100% disability from the VA because the Navy hosed both his knee surgeries up. Figure I should tell medical about my crippling knee and back pain that keeps me from sleeping much most nights huh?

You should tell medical every single thing that is wrong with you no matter how insignificant it seems. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

vulturesrow posted:

You should tell medical every single thing that is wrong with you no matter how insignificant it seems. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Seconded.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Godholio posted:

Seconded.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

vulturesrow posted:

Even if it's been chronic for years and you've just never said anything; make THIS the time it's documented.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Even if it's been chronic for years and you've just never said anything; make THIS the time it's documented.

Although many things will just get a rating of zero, that's still a rating and shows service connection. If it gets worse in the future (increases your rating percentage worse) it's already documented.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2021-02-02/navy-investigates-noose-found-on-black-sailors-rack

My ship. I have mixed feelings about this, because the delay in our underway caused by this incident is the only reason I was able to go to the ER for my daughter's emergency appendectomy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Keelhaul that fucker.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2021-02-02/navy-investigates-noose-found-on-black-sailors-rack

My ship. I have mixed feelings about this, because the delay in our underway caused by this incident is the only reason I was able to go to the ER for my daughter's emergency appendectomy.

If you can speak at all about it, I'm hearing "It was actually the black sailors noose and he was going to kill himself but didn't want to seek help because of the backlash the last guy did." It screams bullshit to me but curious if there's any merit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

curious if there's any merit.

There isn't, NCIS did state in the article that a suspect admitted to leaving the noose as "a joke".

That poo poo ain't a joking matter.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Building 57 gets underway? I did borrow some weird magical piece of ET gear from her once a few years ago. The second class who helped me was super nice.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NavyMCPON/status/1357155265221709824?s=20

I want to believe the Mess will do better when it comes to this but dot dot dot

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
well if you expect that what's next, ending sexual predation on junior sailors??

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I blame the chiefs, but don't expect them to fix anything

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Lol the mess is a huge reason why we have this poo poo in the military.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

PneumonicBook posted:

It's an institution with enough momentum that the turning circle of Guam seems small in comparison.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

qft

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

You mean a group of people that take pride in six weeks (eight this year?) of hazing may be responsible for allowing this sort of thing to happen? I am shocked.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
NEL has removed all courses that contain flash. The list is 80 something pages long.

Airman Timmy won't be able to get his Phase I for that piece of SE that FRC doesn't have a course for.

It cracks me up that this was 2 years coming.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO
Looks like it's not just 7th Fleet...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56000531

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Apparently this isn't the only incident, and CNO just told every command they gotta have a Stand-Down to discuss "Extremism"

Didn't think I'd see a white supremacy stand down during my time, but welp.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Don't worry, there are people working overtime to make sure rape and sexual assault are back to the forefront soon.

Can't wait for this news to break.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hell yeah I finally got payed for a travel claim I submitted last April.

Just in time for me to pay off my card 100% and then go TAD for two months and rack up another huge bill.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

That's not an acceptable amount of time, every travel claim I've submitted has been paid in two weeks or less, and I had one every couple months before COVID. Who's holding that money up?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Elviscat posted:

That's not an acceptable amount of time, every travel claim I've submitted has been paid in two weeks or less, and I had one every couple months before COVID. Who's holding that money up?

The Reserves.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Elviscat posted:

That's not an acceptable amount of time, every travel claim I've submitted has been paid in two weeks or less,

Fuckin :lol:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
elviscat if you're going to pretend to be in the military online you can't say stuff that is so blatantly not true and unbelievable

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

gently caress Mypay, am I right fellas?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
https://twitter.com/i/status/990087800438513665

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elviscat posted:

lmao

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Elviscat posted:

STOLEN VALOR

Listen buddy I didn’t spend my 20’s sending emails with 20 people in the cc section to milpers and camping outside their office at 655 every day for a month for you to take all the credit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seriously what navy was Elviscat in because the earliest I EVER saw a travel claim paid out in was 2.5 months and that was because it was a flag command and it may have been brought up in the company of a flag officer who actually went and shot off an email about it and it got reimbursed within 24 hours after that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Maybe before that initiative where they started “consolidating” (removing) all pers offices everywhere? Didn’t that start like a decade ago.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Maybe before that initiative where they started “consolidating” (removing) all pers offices everywhere? Didn’t that start like a decade ago.

We still had a pers office when I was in Japan, but good loving luck getting anything done. Personnel people hated doing anything for anyone, but at least sometimes poo poo got done if you had been inconvenienced long enough that senior leadership actually marched down to the personnel office with you and had a discussion with them.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
For this last mob, I had to submit a travel claim monthly to get reimbursed for my $10,000+ hotel bills, and they usually came back within 2 - 3 weeks. Until November when apparently half the PERS folks in Bahrain quit and it started taking a month+ to get them back.

As a general rule, I've found travel claims on the reserve side are waaaaayyyy quicker to process than on the active side. Of course, if your pay or the reimbursement is hosed, it takes waaaayyy longer to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

STOLEN VALOR

Listen buddy I didn’t spend my 20’s sending emails with 20 people in the cc section to milpers and camping outside their office at 655 every day for a month for you to take all the credit

I think my organization having a YN and a civilian dedicated to processing travel claims might help :v: