Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Before someone else corrects me, Agent Smith apparently skipped Hitman: Absolution.

Which is really the greatest competence he's shown.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I like him, he's so cheery about being saved again. and the rfid key he gives you is hella useful

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

:aaaaa: I can not loving believe this never crossed my mind. I am a bad hitman :smith:

:same:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Speaking of hosed up challenges, I did the T-47 one for Berlin last night which requires escaping on a motorcycle. I go to the bike and there are two exit level prompts for the same bike - one gives the achievement, one doesn't!

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Anjow posted:

Speaking of hosed up challenges, I did the T-47 one for Berlin last night which requires escaping on a motorcycle. I go to the bike and there are two exit level prompts for the same bike - one gives the achievement, one doesn't!

I think it's same in Dartmoor too, two interactions on motorcycle and only one gets the motorcycle escape challenge unlocked

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Very curious how the Hitman 2 missions are going to show up for when they get them working on PC. Whittleton Creek onwards show my mastery level but the first four levels don't show anything at all (pretty sure they were maxed out when I last played 2) so hopefully that's purely a visual glitch right now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

thebardyspoon posted:

Very curious how the Hitman 2 missions are going to show up for when they get them working on PC. Whittleton Creek onwards show my mastery level but the first four levels don't show anything at all (pretty sure they were maxed out when I last played 2) so hopefully that's purely a visual glitch right now.

It just hides the level meter once you max it out. I assume that's intentional.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Did they get rid of all the locations challenges in H3? Seems like every level is missing the extra challenge packs to unlock the clothing items and other goodies. I'm referring to the bonus ones that usually show up to the right of all the classics in the mastery challenges tab.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
There are no unlocks to be gained by completing challenges in H3, no. Only mastery unlocks stuff and some legacy things keep their unlocks (like the Sieger Ghost and the clown suit and such)

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Pyromancer posted:

I think it's same in Dartmoor too, two interactions on motorcycle and only one gets the motorcycle escape challenge unlocked

Oh is that why I don’t have that challenge? Lol

How do I get the correct prompt to appear? Does it say something different?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Did they get rid of all the locations challenges in H3? Seems like every level is missing the extra challenge packs to unlock the clothing items and other goodies. I'm referring to the bonus ones that usually show up to the right of all the classics in the mastery challenges tab.

They got rid of the challenge packs yes, but some of the more noteworthy challenges from those were added into the main string of each location’s challenge, and most of the rewards from them were moved into their respective location’s mastery track.

The items you can’t get in Hitman 3 that you could in Hitman 2, barring Elusive Target items, are:

Santa 47 - Secret Santa, Paris
Jaeger 7 Covert - Master Sniper, Sapienza
Claw Hammer - Plumber’s Apprentice, Sapienza
Snow Festival Suit - Snow Master, Hokkaido
Ice Pick - Snow Master, Hokkaido
Tactical Wetsuit - Hawke’s Bay
Bat Shuriken - Hawke’s Bay

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

AdmiralViscen posted:

Oh is that why I don’t have that challenge? Lol

How do I get the correct prompt to appear? Does it say something different?

You need to use the exit prompt on the far side of the bike. The one towards the mansion is the normal one.

Extremely stupid and I'm not sure wether that's a bug, incompetence or a troll attempt.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Is leg shooting still a tactic people use

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

elf help book posted:

Not since unlocking the wrench

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pirate Jet posted:

They got rid of the challenge packs yes, but some of the more noteworthy challenges from those were added into the main string of each location’s challenge, and most of the rewards from them were moved into their respective location’s mastery track.

The items you can’t get in Hitman 3 that you could in Hitman 2, barring Elusive Target items, are:

I couldn't find the unlock for the Miami mascot suit either. That was the one I specifically tried to find yesterday and it seems like it's gone forever now. :(

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
It's an unlock for completing a certain number (45?) of featured contracts, the challenges for which I think you can only see when looking at a contract or maybe also buried somewhere in the Career tab.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

well that explains why I’ve exited via the motorcycle probably half a dozen times but still don’t have that challenge completed. I thought it was just bugged

so for the various unlockable items that were in H2 (electro phone excluded) but aren’t unlockable rewards in H3, if I reinstall my H2 and unlock them there, will they be accessible in 3? or are those all just unavailable for now

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
You can only do the save transfer once. If you already transferred your save then you’ll have to cross your fingers that IOI adds those into Hitman 3.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

What do I have to do to get this new taser?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Pirate Jet posted:

I assume if you unlocked them in H2 you still get them though? I have about half of those in H3 now and I don't remember unlocking the others. If I had known that I would have gotten them before I transferred my save.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jesus Christ I'm getting tired of how glitchy this game is. In Mendoza, trying to do the murder by proxy challenge. Gave Yates' wife the safe documents and she pushed him over the ledge. Then did the Eyes on Target mission story for the other, and the mission story fails, and the 2nd part of the murder by proxy challenges never triggers when the sniper kills Vidal. :thumbsup: Unless I'm somehow doing that challenge wrong but I highly doubt it.

This game is Bethesda level glitch plagued.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Jesus Christ I'm getting tired of how glitchy this game is. In Mendoza, trying to do the murder by proxy challenge. Gave Yates' wife the safe documents and she pushed him over the ledge. Then did the Eyes on Target mission story for the other, and the mission story fails, and the 2nd part of the murder by proxy challenges never triggers when the sniper kills Vidal. :thumbsup: Unless I'm somehow doing that challenge wrong but I highly doubt it.

Same thing happened to me, you have to wait for Vidal and Diana to finish their conversation at the railing before ordering the kill for it to trigger correctly

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

bradzilla posted:

I was able to get the murder by proxy challenge by reloading and doing it on the same person twice lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Didn't realize in Dartmoor that you didn't need to complete the murder investigation to trigger Another Death in the Family. Just fixing the poison and waiting a few minutes while grabbing the case file was enough. Easiest SASO.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mandrel posted:

well that explains why I’ve exited via the motorcycle probably half a dozen times but still don’t have that challenge completed. I thought it was just bugged

so for the various unlockable items that were in H2 (electro phone excluded) but aren’t unlockable rewards in H3, if I reinstall my H2 and unlock them there, will they be accessible in 3? or are those all just unavailable for now

for some reason there's like two different motorcycle exit prompts on the same bike, I exited it like 5 times before using the other one and finally getting the challenge. just save right before you exit the level and try both.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

bradzilla posted:

Eyes on Target has an issue where a flag gets reset if you reload a save in the middle of it. Looking at her with the camera again after reloading fixed it for me, or just try to do the whole thing in one go.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
You've got to be kidding me - trying to do challenges on Berlin and get the two targets above the club to meet up. Hype up the crowd, overload the lights and just as they about to explode the game crashes to the desktop. I've been getting a bunch of crashes (see previous moan posts) and it really detracts from the sandbox nature of this game i.e. if I play too long and explore stuff the game eventually crashes. Instead I've got to complete missions as fast as possible before the game crashes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jeoh posted:

Didn't realize in Dartmoor that you didn't need to complete the murder investigation to trigger Another Death in the Family. Just fixing the poison and waiting a few minutes while grabbing the case file was enough. Easiest SASO.

Its even easier than that.

Alexa just stands directly underneath the chandelier in her office sometimes to take a call. Just pop that sucker when she's underneath and you're probably already in her office to swipe the case file, if you haven't already. Alternately, you could probably hide in the secret passageway to Alexa's private booth and get her while she's in there.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ror posted:

I assume if you unlocked them in H2 you still get them though? I have about half of those in H3 now and I don't remember unlocking the others. If I had known that I would have gotten them before I transferred my save.

That’s correct, you could get those in Hitman 2 but the only way to get them in Hitman 3 is by transferring a save from Hitman 2 that had them. Hopefully IOI adds in alternatives soon.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

elf help book posted:

Almost never anymore, I haven't bothered trying to use it in a long time for two reasons: (1) It seems weirdly glitchy now and you will sometimes end up compromised when you shouldn't be; and (2) the Kalmer mostly does the job better in routing terms, or just not knocking people out in the first place.

Legshots were mostly a thing back when gunshot distractions didn't work.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Hitman 2 Gold Xbox was impossible to find cheap in Canada lately, but just went on sale in the Xbox store for 40 Canada bucks.

Hitman HD Enhanced seemed worth missing / no H3 import value, but let me know if I am wrong.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

Almost never anymore, I haven't bothered trying to use it in a long time for two reasons: (1) It seems weirdly glitchy now and you will sometimes end up compromised when you shouldn't be; and (2) the Kalmer mostly does the job better in routing terms, or just not knocking people out in the first place.

Legshots were mostly a thing back when gunshot distractions didn't work.
Don't know if it is/was a bug or not but right after launch people in the discord were saying you just don't get the knock out prompt on people downed by legshots in 3 :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Flashbangs and muffins (no, seriously) also limit the effectiveness of legshots. You can blind someone and run past or knock them down with a non-illegal thrown item, so it's harder to get excited about the technique even if it did still work.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Maybe everyone wants to replicate that one speedrun where the guy sprayed an smg at knee hight and then ran up and clocked like, four guys before they stood up, you don't know :v:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

ChaosArgate posted:

Its even easier than that.

Alexa just stands directly underneath the chandelier in her office sometimes to take a call. Just pop that sucker when she's underneath and you're probably already in her office to swipe the case file, if you haven't already. Alternately, you could probably hide in the secret passageway to Alexa's private booth and get her while she's in there.

I was doing sniper assassin on Dartmoor in suit only (just because it's as easy to get to a suitable place in just the suit as it is to find a disguise) and I found that guards located in the top floor hallway were able to see me THROUGH THE WALL of the secret room next to Alexa's padded room.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

For some reason it just sunk in that the undertaker in Dartmoor is wearing a sash and a top hat. Is that a thing?

fake edit: well google is showing that maybe top hats are a traditional undertaker thing, but I'm still not sure about the "Nearer My God" sash. I guess he's just a fancy motherfucker.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

he’s dressed like he’s there to drive in the last ceremonial spike on the transcontinental railroad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Ror posted:

For some reason it just sunk in that the undertaker in Dartmoor is wearing a sash and a top hat. Is that a thing?

fake edit: well google is showing that maybe top hats are a traditional undertaker thing, but I'm still not sure about the "Nearer My God" sash. I guess he's just a fancy motherfucker.

he's a piece of poo poo and when you put him in the grave to steal his clothes you don't feel bad at all