Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the funniest thing about that was how they loved to either pretend that it didn't happen under his watch, or would say poo poo like "there hasn't been a terrorist attack on american soil since 9/11"

my fav analogy to it was like a dude in prison for murder claiming that he hasn't killed anyone since that one time

which wasn't even true for dubya (the anthrax mail attacks happened after that)

i remember when I was a teenager growing up in Virginia seeing my dad take a knee and hide behind his car filling up gas like he was back in Vietnam because of the beltway sniper attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thump! posted:

i remember when I was a teenager growing up in Virginia seeing my dad take a knee and hide behind his car filling up gas like he was back in Vietnam because of the beltway sniper attacks

An entrepreneurial opportunitiy was missed by not selling pre filled cans of gasoline at 5x the price

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
my uncle was the last person to pump gas before a guy got shot at the same pump

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Change UK The Independent Group (CUK-TIG) and the bus from the Neutral Planet

https://twitter.com/AineMcMahon/status/1267186899287973890

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Change UK The Independent Group (CUK-TIG)
The tweet about the picture of Chuka holding up a very editable piece of paper resulting in absolutely nobody making edits of it.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

fuckin europeans lmfao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

christmas boots posted:

yeah I understand what you mean. it’s the same thing I was trying to define in my question because it’s not like he ever wasn’t an idiot but there was a spark of something had in that moment that I don’t think he could summon again

January 14, 2016 was the high point of Donald Trump’s career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6qRl3dSME

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Can you even imagine Trump name dropping William F Buckley these days? I feel like he's the anti-Biden when it comes to Debates. The more people attacking him the stronger he gets. One on one he goes full Trump brains.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Goddamn Trump was so much more coherent back then. I can't even imagine him putting that many words together correctly these days without floating off into five different tangents about his own greatness or repeating himself several times like my boss when she's drunk

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

I don't remember Trump being this sharp. I mean, I remember he said some real dumb poo poo back then too but his brain really turned to mush over these past few years, huh? Like even more so.

Thing is, it doesn't take a sharp person to have that reply to Jeb! back in 2016. It's just such an obvious lie across republicans that the gut response Trump is known to deliver is quick and true.

The response to Cruz on New York is an actually great political response, anyone in Trump's spot regardless of politics would want to say something similar. His brain would never return to that level of lucidity and cspam is better for it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I know Trump tried an autogulpe, and hundreds of thousands of people died in a pandemic on his watch, but I maintain that he was the best candidate in the 2016 GOP field.

He dunked on everyone. Three weeks after that debate, ¡Jeb! was going “please clap”. A week after that, Rubio had his robot moment.

Cruz and especially Kasich have been widely glorified for being the last ones standing against Trump, but they were no better as candidates. Trump would have eviscerated them, too, if he hadn’t clinched the nomination first.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we've seen how serious, respectable us politicians handled covid. it was never any better than trump's plan of 'do as little as possible and hope it goes away'. with shits like cuomo, it was often even worse.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I'll never understand tying the covid deaths to Trump. Covid was always going to be a test of government efficacy especially in regards to managing the needs of the citizenry over those of capital and the US, regardless of leadership, was always going to fail that test.

That said Trump handled it worse than most probably would've, but it was never going to be done well. We were always going to be worst in the world at handling it and even the most competent of technocrats wouldn't have changed the number drastically because we all know, or should know, exactly where our government's priorities lie regardless of our elected leadership.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LastInLine posted:

I'll never understand tying the covid deaths to Trump.

it was fabricated to win an election

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

indigi posted:

it was fabricated to win an election

Have you talked to a lib? It's a sincerely held belief.

Don't get me wrong, my living in a red state has also reassured me that "covid doesn't even exist" is the opposing sincerely held belief and I definitely understand that the natural impulse is to say "No, it's real, and your guy made it worse".

Also while you're definitely right in that the sentiment won the election, I just don't think it was fabricated. I think they actually believe it, like they think that if Hillary was in charge all the chuds would've just worn masks when that's obviously not true.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

trump and his various subordinates made numerous unforced errors

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
clinton wouldn't have hesitated for a second when it came down to the demands of businesses vs. human lives. being decisive is usually considered a positive trait in a leader, but that's only when someone has made decisions that aren't complete dogshit even once in their life. i genuinely believe that having an inept, ignorant, cowardly fool like trump in charge was better than the alternatives. it's not like having a sane, competent government response was ever on the table.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the whole thing is pretty funny in a dark and depressing way.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol yeah hillary never would've allowed checks to go out or businesses to close

probably would've enabled the pharmacorps to soak the government for even more money per vaccine dose too, or more efficiently or something

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I really doubt that though, Hillary's response would have been much better than Trump's (if only because states wouldn't have literally have to run clandestine operations to get medical supplies) but it still wouldn't have been nearly enough. Also I think the chuds would have taken it slightly more seriously, if only so they could bitch at the mediocre government response, and to prop up whoever Trump 2.0 would have been in alt-2020

My hot take is that Hillary would have had half the deaths as Trump. She would still have lost in a landslide however, because thats still nearly a quarter of a million people.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol yeah hillary never would've allowed checks to go out or businesses to close

probably would've enabled the pharmacorps to soak the government for even more money per vaccine dose too, or more efficiently or something

The checks would have gone out regardless because the economy still fell off a cliff and even capital was demanding it in their own way, but yeah, I'm sure the pharmacorp grift would have been even more effective.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Feb 7, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
all the evidence you need is that biden wants to immediately open er up, as does any dem governor you care to name

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
this is a thread for funny poo poo your remember not your strange hill dawg fan fic

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s a reason I said that the deaths happened “on his watch” and didn’t directly attribute them to him.

I have no doubt that hundreds of thousands would have died under Hillary. I don’t particularly care to argue if it would be been hundreds of thousands more or hundreds of thousands fewer.

Most of the conversations I have about Trump being the best candidate in the 2016 GOP field aren’t with C‐SPAM. They’re with libs who think that Trump was an aberration who got a lucky break through unusual circumstances.

He did not. He won the primary fair and square. These libs are not ready for “Hillary would have been comparably bad”. They may be ready for “Trump won because every one of the candidates loving sucked and he was the only person who would say it to their faces”.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Trump disbanded the pandemic task force and literally did not have a plan for vaccine distribution. Like even dumb dumb GWB read a spooky Michael Crichton book on a flight and created said pandemic task force.

That incompetence aside, I absolutely lay at least 100k-200k deaths directly on Trump alone for politicizing masks and refusing to wear them. His followers absolutely took his lead on that. It got so bad at the White House that even people who believed in covid couldn't wear masks because it'd offend Trump.

It's like the often pointed out end point of facism where people do and believe crazy poo poo even as the roof is falling down because the one constant is that going against dear leader is suicide and his belief is not only right but permanent right.

So yeah, gently caress Trump. He directly caused the death of 100k Americans easily.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

this is a thread for funny poo poo your remember not your strange hill dawg fan fic

whom among us itt

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

she was probably President in her mind for a good six to eight months before the election even happened. lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I regularly imagine being Neera Tanden or some other DNC ghoul watching their meticulously planned career melt before their eyes in 2016 lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

There’s a reason I said that the deaths happened “on his watch” and didn’t directly attribute them to him.

Sorry for implying you did. I didn't read it that way, your post just reminded me that I hear it all the time.

MikeCrotch posted:

I regularly imagine being Neera Tanden or some other DNC ghoul watching their meticulously planned career melt before their eyes in 2016 lol

Remembering this feeling on that night was certainly amazing. Not a DNC hack but the one that springs to mind is always

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/796108212244271109

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

whom among us itt
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/791263939015376902

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also the fact that these people were beaten by a guy who didn't really want to be president and wasn't really trying

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

my uncle was the last person to pump gas before a guy got shot at the same pump

drat thats some poo poo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

putin stole robert kraft's super bowl ring

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Robert Kraft would get rub and tugs at a place near Mar-a-Lago in Florida whose owner turned out to be a Chinese spy and whose girls turned out to be trafficked

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LastInLine posted:

I'll never understand tying the covid deaths to Trump. Covid was always going to be a test of government efficacy especially in regards to managing the needs of the citizenry over those of capital and the US, regardless of leadership, was always going to fail that test.

That said Trump handled it worse than most probably would've, but it was never going to be done well. We were always going to be worst in the world at handling it and even the most competent of technocrats wouldn't have changed the number drastically because we all know, or should know, exactly where our government's priorities lie regardless of our elected leadership.

someone post that graph saying the us was one of the top countries in the world predicted to handle a pandemic well and then chase it with that opinion article about how china will be even less willing to wage war on us now that they know we'll happily throw our citizen's lives away for no gain

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kitfox88 posted:

someone post that graph saying the us was one of the top countries in the world predicted to handle a pandemic well and then chase it with that opinion article about how china will be even less willing to wage war on us now that they know we'll happily throw our citizen's lives away for no gain

ahahahaha no loving way

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

So yeah, gently caress Trump. He directly caused the death of 100k Americans easily.

:d2a: so he should have killed more?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
coming to funy politics thread to find a galaxy brained defense of the covid response is something I suddenly remember. lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at this deranged lib fanfiction about queen hillary in C-SPAM after a year of leading dem leaders cuomo/newsom being absolute loving lunatics getting thousands killed, and now biden is in office refusing to declare a national state of emergency, nationalizing mask/vaccine production, or an actual mask mandate (the federal land one he and his admin keeps breaking doesn't count either, freaks) or anything that would actually bring this pandemic to an end

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Feb 8, 2021

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

lmao at this deranged lib fanfiction about queen hillary in C-SPAM after a year of leading dem leaders cuomo/newsom being absolute loving lunatics getting thousands killed, and now biden is in office refusing to declare a national state of emergency, nationalizing mask/vaccine production, or an actual mask mandate (the federal land one he and his admin keeps breaking doesn't count either, freaks) or anything that would actually bring this pandemic to an end

I don’t think any cspam poster thinks hildog would do a good job but fantasizing about it would be even worse than the guy who actively denied it was even happening is some truly some supreme genius poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrayn posted:

I don’t think any cspam poster thinks hildog would do a good job but fantasizing about it would be even worse than the guy who actively denied it was even happening is some truly some supreme genius poo poo

try reading halfway up this page then lmao