Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Do not let this current tourney make us forget that in the Grand Tourney of 98, Sir Calaway, The Undertaker, threw Maan Kindheim off the tourney ring, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's herald's table.

High Scholar

Well do I recall the stories my father told of Pandemonium in a Stadium '98 (or Avernus at the Tournus, as some named it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Senator

All joking aside, let it be known that House Daucus only focuses on tournaments like this from the lands to the Far East. They don't pull their punches there and take their tournaments seriously compared to those in our country.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mostly Accurate Tourney Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins

House Lethe: 7 Power, 11 Coins
House Gambol: 5 Power, 13 Coins
House Pinchay: 7 Power, 11 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 7 Power, 8 Coins
House Daucus: 12 Power, 13 Coins

House Report

House Gambol has been monopolizing the 'swinging ship' ride (and the bumper cars) for the last two and a half hours. Only time will tell if boredom strikes.

House Lethe is complaining that all the sideshow games are rigged against them by House Daucus. We're pretty sure this isn't the case.

House Cyfoeth is giving the poor information booth guy a break. Staff need to have fun too, you know.

House Pinchay has discovered the wonders of joust food. Current favorite: lobster fried in butter, breaded, and lathered with honey, then put in a large sandwich.

House Daucus has just won a life-size carrot plush in a contest of skill. Now we're going back for the giant-size one.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at Traven and you look at People's Yubert and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another jouster you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But Traven is a warrior born, and not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat him! And then you add his squire to the mix? The chances of winning drasticly go down. See, the tourney at Joust, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But him?! Hes got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz every other knight KNOOOWS he can't beat Traven, and not even gonna try. So, "The People's" Yubert, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus their twenty five percent chance (if you was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of winning at Joust. But then you take his 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if you was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, he's got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Jousr! Sir Tray? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at The Joust!

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

The monocled noble closely watches the field, his young son by him.

"I used to fight in these, a long time ago. Much less formal events, more a local gathering. Won a fair number of them. Now is the time of a rising new generation. A better prepared generation and Sir Milner is the better prepared."

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

You know, we've been focused so much on the main event, that we forgot about the rest of the competition. So, today I give you:

Mostly Accurate Tourney Predictions

Opening match: Sir Graw of Crann vs Luin Pinchay
I Quit Match

Sir Graw, with that famed Crann bloodlust, brings the pain to Luin, but the workhorse hero has the crowd on his side. Sir Graw ends up passing out from blood loss, leading to a technical victory for Luin.

Match 2: The Lumberjacks of Coden vs the Blodyn Bookkeepers.
Coast to Coast Tag Team

A match to determine whether Ankist's West or East are the best warriors, this battle will be in the nearby by on top of a boat, the victor being the last team left dry. A fair match with no underhanded tactics, Teke Cyfoeth is eliminated first by accidentally tossing himself over the railing trying to tackle the Bookkeeper Hyrogard. Arwyn Cyfoeth manages to eliminate both of the Bookkeepers on his own, securing victory for Coden.

Match 3: Kildos Gambol vs Prinno Allwed w/ Special Guest Referee Lord Tiryll
Custody of Kirk Allwed

Stoicism and Poetry vs Poverty and Hedonism! If you've been following the drama, Kirk Allwed wants to leave the poverty stricken lands of Allwed and join Gambol's sailors to try and explore and make a name for himself. House Gambol wished to take Kirk Allwed on, but Kirk's father Prinno refused. Thus we lead to this match.

While Kildos seems to take the match, a lucky shot from Prinno knocks Kildos to the floor. When Prinno goes for the victory, Lord Tiryll, pretends to have a wrist injury and can't finish the count. He can't give the poor their victory after all. Not wanting to win dirty, Kildos gets in Lord Tiryll's face and ends up attacking the ref, causing the ref to call a DQ and a victory for Allwed.

Match 4: Karlel Lethe vs Zikki Daucus
Zikki and Karlel start having a good match, and Zikki gets the upper hand. The Mother's priests sneak to the battle's side, distract the judges, and all jump Zikki together, ending in a victory for Lethe.

Main Event: Yubert Ghildar vs Traven Milner
Traven arrives for the tournament but Yubert refuses to go to the fight. Yubert does finally walk out in a huff and just lays down, giving Traven the victory. Traven makes a big speech about how poo poo like this is why the kingdom is in the shape its in and storms off. That Italian Guy breaks character to complain about the bullshit politics of the kingdom and that Traven can kiss his rear end.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

eliasswift posted:

You know, we've been focused so much on the main event, that we forgot about the rest of the competition. So, today I give you:

Mostly Accurate Tourney Predictions

Opening match: Sir Graw of Crann vs Luin Pinchay
I Quit Match

Sir Graw, with that famed Crann bloodlust, brings the pain to Luin, but the workhorse hero has the crowd on his side. Sir Graw ends up passing out from blood loss, leading to a technical victory for Luin.

Match 2: The Lumberjacks of Coden vs the Blodyn Bookkeepers.
Coast to Coast Tag Team

A match to determine whether Ankist's West or East are the best warriors, this battle will be in the nearby by on top of a boat, the victor being the last team left dry. A fair match with no underhanded tactics, Teke Cyfoeth is eliminated first by accidentally tossing himself over the railing trying to tackle the Bookkeeper Hyrogard. Arwyn Cyfoeth manages to eliminate both of the Bookkeepers on his own, securing victory for Coden.

Match 3: Kildos Gambol vs Prinno Allwed w/ Special Guest Referee Lord Tiryll
Custody of Kirk Allwed

Stoicism and Poetry vs Poverty and Hedonism! If you've been following the drama, Kirk Allwed wants to leave the poverty stricken lands of Allwed and join Gambol's sailors to try and explore and make a name for himself. House Gambol wished to take Kirk Allwed on, but Kirk's father Prinno refused. Thus we lead to this match.

While Kildos seems to take the match, a lucky shot from Prinno knocks Kildos to the floor. When Prinno goes for the victory, Lord Tiryll, pretends to have a wrist injury and can't finish the count. He can't give the poor their victory after all. Not wanting to win dirty, Kildos gets in Lord Tiryll's face and ends up attacking the ref, causing the ref to call a DQ and a victory for Allwed.

Match 4: Karlel Lethe vs Zikki Daucus
Zikki and Karlel start having a good match, and Zikki gets the upper hand. The Mother's priests sneak to the battle's side, distract the judges, and all jump Zikki together, ending in a victory for Lethe.

Main Event: Yubert Ghildar vs Traven Milner
Traven arrives for the tournament but Yubert refuses to go to the fight. Yubert does finally walk out in a huff and just lays down, giving Traven the victory. Traven makes a big speech about how poo poo like this is why the kingdom is in the shape its in and storms off. That Italian Guy breaks character to complain about the bullshit politics of the kingdom and that Traven can kiss his rear end.

:allears: i love this. more matches should be over child custody imo. god i miss wrestling but it just isn't the same without crowds

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

:five::five::five:

Update on its way!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of Queen Ilysia I, AWF ROYAL RUMBLE

Everyone is here today for this veritable slobber knocker! Business is about to pick up here: coming down the aisle, from the Republic of Kauppias, weighing 303 pounds, his chainmail as impenetrable as full place, his saber "Crescent Moon" can slice through armor like butter...Traven...MILNER!

And in the Blue Corner, tougher than a two dollar steak and wearing an armor just as expensive, armed with two pickaxes straight out of the Tiryllian Salt Mines, the Kommoner Killer, the People's Champion...Yubert...GHILDAR!

Without a doubt, we have the Greatest Athletes in the world today at the Royal Rumble.

Lord Tiryll himself is here today, to supervise the match.

Votes Aye (Yubert Ghildar), bets 1 Power (current: 5), bets 9 Coins (current: 13).

Yubert Ghildar is the clear underdog here...Climb The Ladder, Kid! Make Yourself Famous!

Votes Nay (Traven Milner), bets 3 Power (current: 7), bets 5 Coins (current: 8).

Milner has earned his reputation as the toughest son of a bitch in the AWF!

Votes Aye (Yubert Ghildar), bets 4 Power (current: 7), bets 10 Coins (current: 11).

Good Mother Almighty! Look at the Carnage!

Votes Aye (Yubert Ghildar), bets 5 Power (current: 7), bets 10 Coins (current: 11).

Yubert is not just trying to hurt the man - he's out to end his career!

Votes Aye (Yubert Ghildar), bets 6 Power (current: 12), bets 9 Coins (current: 12).

Milner is running like a scalded dog!

AS THE MOTHER IS MY WITNESS, MILNER IS BROKEN IN HALF! Yubert Has Won The Belt! Yubert Is Champion!

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye, spends 4 Power (current: 3), gains 10 Coins (current: 21).

Votes Aye, spends 1 Power (current: 4), gains 9 Coins (current: 22).

Votes Nay, bets 3 Power (current: 7), spends 5 Coins (current: 3).

Votes Aye, spends 6 Power (current: 6), gains 9 Coins (current: 21).

Votes Aye, spends 5 Power (current: 2), gains 10 Coins (current: 21).

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

Chronicle stickers:

No changes.

Reign of Queen Ilysia I, Dilemma 3

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: grandalt (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale
- Treasurer/Navigator: Omobono

- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Covski
- Treasurer/Negotiator: megane

Dilemma3 posted:

Stakes:

That's a staggering 23 Power in the pot (7 from the previous Round)! This also is, by the way, another reason why I wanted to have partial information itt - but this vote is secret in the boardgame as well, so this is exactly what you could expect at AWF ROYAL RUMBLE.

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 6, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The army runs on their stomach, so let's keep them full!

Blessed be The Mother.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

bah gawd is that House Daucus's music?

Bellmaker posted:

The army runs on their stomach, so let's keep them full!

Blessed be The Mother.

Treasurer

Sorry, is that an AYE or NAY? This discussion is not about feeding them, but how to feed them.

I don't think House Gambol really cares either way? I think we have a weak NAY preference but 23 power in the pot gimme gimme gimme. *ahem* My apologies. I don't know what took me there.

(So yeah, anyone wanting to buy our vote should offer us the money. ALL of it.)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 6, 2021

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

While I will admit that I had my suspicions about the wheat, it's apparently not killed anyone yet, so let them eat rye! It's only the economical choice.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

That Italian Guy posted:

Amazing update

Day-Drunk porgress: lost track (brandy?)

YEAAH! Give him the picks!!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Budget Committee Backup Co-Chair

This is half the purpose behind buying this discount wheat. Of course we should go for it.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Senator

I don't think we bought discounted wheat for famine prevention purposes to not use it, even if our commanders are used to sourdough instead of rye. I say we vote in favor.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Treasurer

The wheat may be palatable, but our brave soldiers need heartier fare than the common folk, surely? Regardless, House Lethe is low on power, so abstaining may be the best use of our time.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Senator

Something tells me Gambol might be deciding this one. Not sure why. :mmmhmm:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

eliasswift posted:

Senator

Something tells me Gambol might be deciding this one. Not sure why. :mmmhmm:

Treasurer
We could pay someone to vote NAY. Any takers? Lethe is already for nay but they really want to pass, Cyfoeth, Daucus and Pinchay are for AYE if I understand correctly.

Screw it, let's start the negotiations. We offer 5 House Gambol gold* for 2+ power on NAY, offer valid only for the first taker.

*which is real gold, just making clear who's paying who.

E: also seriously can we get a sovereign to DIE instead of getting couped for once? NAY is -1 stability before actual numbers are revealed and we're at +1 right now.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 6, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Sighence posted:

Budget Committee Backup Co-Chair

This is half the purpose behind buying this discount wheat. Of course we should go for it.

Senator

What if that cost savings could instead be put more directly to beneficial causes, such as... any cause you please?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

E: also seriously can we get a sovereign to DIE instead of getting couped for once? NAY is -1 stability before actual numbers are revealed and we're at +1 right now.

[OOC] I'm coup coup for cocoa puffs!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It all right if I briefly spoil the nay vote on the "hold a joust" dilemma? It made me very salty when we picked it, but it wouldn't spoil anything else.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

malkav11 posted:

It all right if I briefly spoil the nay vote on the "hold a joust" dilemma? It made me very salty when we picked it, but it wouldn't spoil anything else.

Sure I guess, I don't think we've ever picked it :D

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

That Italian Guy posted:

Sure I guess, I don't think we've ever picked it :D

I really thought it would just do nothing, it really seemed like "do you want to have an adventure? Y/N" :shrug:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

I really thought it would just do nothing, it really seemed like "do you want to have an adventure? Y/N" :shrug:

AFAIK it kinda does, although there is an ominous "keep this card in the even area" and I'm not sure about its long term consequences.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Sitting Councilmember

Hmm... as much as I'd like to declare House Gambol has an opinion on this piece, we simply... don't. There's merit both in feeding our army with what we have and in shelling out a bit extra for fresh food for our finest.

The Nay would keep us stable in general, if completely broke, while the Aye will help stopgap the Wealth downslide slightly yet gives a blackened Sticker in exchange. I can pretty safely say the default look for us would be to Pass, but...

...you know House Gambol as of late. Please, direct your attention to our fine Treasurer if you wish to garner favor for your cause. :keke:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting councilmember

Of course our brave soldiers shall eat, one way or the other. I'm divided on the issue: Ankist, following the Mother's example, has never held our purse strings too tightly when it comes to feeding those who depend on her. On the other hand, the military is famously corrupt, and what right do they have to complain about food that satisfies the working people well enough? All children are equal in Her eyes.

Blessed be the Mother.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Yep. It does nothing. Which would be fine, except it also goes back in the dilemma deck, so they'll keep trying to get you to do a joust incessantly until you finally do. It's not a big deal if you're playing in real time because you can just go "shrug" and decline again, but I'm really glad y'all went for it immediately in this format because spending a whole vote period on the same thing, potentially several times over the course of the thread, would be lame as heck.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Councilmember

"Bother. I was hoping for Milner to win. Well, perhaps we can salve the budget somewhat."

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

High Scholar

I wonder. Is anyone actually in a deal-taking mood? With that level of power on the table, anyone who agreed to vote would really be missing out... especially on the inevitable next dilemma.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

High Scholar

I wonder. Is anyone actually in a deal-taking mood? With that level of power on the table, anyone who agreed to vote would really be missing out... especially on the inevitable next dilemma.

Senator

True enough. Conversely, it's a great time to get an outcome that you favour for one Power. A fire sale on directing the advancement of a major component of Ankist's history in the making.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

C... posted:

Senator

True enough. Conversely, it's a great time to get an outcome that you favour for one Power. A fire sale on directing the advancement of a major component of Ankist's history in the making.

Senator

Edit: I have been foolhardy with misunderstanding negotiations

eliasswift fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 7, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

Treasurer
We could pay someone to vote NAY. Any takers? Lethe is already for nay but they really want to pass, Cyfoeth, Daucus and Pinchay are for AYE if I understand correctly.

Screw it, let's start the negotiations. We offer 5 House Gambol gold* for 2+ power on NAY, offer valid only for the first taker.

C... posted:

Senator

High Scholar

House Daucus is honestly tempted by House Gambol's deal, but... that is quite a lot of Power on the table. If we were to take you up on it, we'd lose a lot of power, though. Is there any way it could be worth it?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 7, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

High Scholar

House Daucus is honestly tempted by House Gambol's deal, but... that is quite a lot of Power on the table. If we were to take you up on it, we'd lose a lot of power, though. Is there any way it could be worth it?

:shrug:
Only you can decide that, we don't know your agenda or hidden achievements. You could also trust everyone not to vote and then try to sway the moderator (us), grab the moderatorship instead (but that does not gather power either), or do a counteroffer.

Addendum: the offer on the table also expires if House Gambol accepts a counteroffer. Just in case.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

:shrug:
Only you can decide that, we don't know your agenda or hidden achievements. You could also trust everyone not to vote and then try to sway the moderator (us), grab the moderatorship instead (but that does not gather power either), or do a counteroffer.

Addendum: the offer on the table also expires if House Gambol accepts a counteroffer. Just in case.

Oh, right, the moderator thing. I wonder if we could ask a simple question.

If you do end up deciding as Moderator, how would you decide?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

As I remind everyone that the deadline to submit your votes is in about 24h, I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone what happens if every House passes (since I have been asked by a couple of people): if everyone passes the Moderator becomes the Leader, so they decide which side wins and they are the signer of anything that has to be signed for that Round.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

if everyone passes the Moderator becomes the Leader, so they decide which side wins and they are the signer of anything that has to be signed for that Round.

That's fair because making a house Sign for something they didn't support (ie weaponizing the black sticker) doesn't make sense. I was getting all excited to weaponize the black sticker..

Quackles posted:

Oh, right, the moderator thing. I wonder if we could ask a simple question.

If you do end up deciding as Moderator, how would you decide?

Senator

If everyone passes to gather power, then House Gambol choosing Aye puts a blight on our name in the public eye for generations. It seems unlikely that we'll choose that.
If it's a question of "who gets the hot potato"... well, we'll have to see, won't we? Certainly open to suggestions if that occurs.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
If there's anyone roleplaying as a choice right now, it seems to me that the sort of uprisings caused by political instability as a result of there being no money tend to be very bad for the sitting nobles if they're bad enough for the Queen to abdicate.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Veryslightlymad posted:

If there's anyone roleplaying as a choice right now, it seems to me that the sort of uprisings caused by political instability as a result of there being no money tend to be very bad for the sitting nobles if they're bad enough for the Queen to abdicate.

True, but the "Wealth" stat is implied to apply to the nobility and treasury, compared to Welfare, which is happy and healthy peasants.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hey House Cyfoeth, we of House Daucus have a special deal for you!

Proposal: House Daucus would like to offer 2 Coins in exchange for House Cyfoeth to Pass and Gather Power.

This should help you get back on your feet after your unfortunate tourney bets. Interested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Quackles posted:

Hey House Cyfoeth, we of House Daucus have a special deal for you!

Proposal: House Daucus would like to offer 2 Coins in exchange for House Cyfoeth to Pass and Gather Power.

This should help you get back on your feet after your unfortunate tourney bets. Interested?

On the one hand, I'm reasonably sure I know what you're trying to do, on the other hand I dont super care and frankly you're not wrong about the family's cash flow. Therefore House Cyfoeth accepts the offer