Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My mind was going back and forth on whether the bottom goop was syrup or hot animal fat of some kind

Also chicken and waffles rules my goon. This is yet another scenario where folks should realize that sweet and savoury compliment each other. A sweet food doesn't need to be cloying oversweet dessert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My mind was going back and forth on whether the bottom goop was syrup or hot animal fat of some kind

Also chicken and waffles rules my goon. This is yet another scenario where folks should realize that sweet and savoury compliment each other. A sweet food doesn't need to be cloying oversweet dessert.

Sweet and savory can indeed compliment each other.

But I am not fond of chicken, and am fairly neutral about waffles. I also live in the United States and have watched as dessert has creeped more and more into breakfast food - I mean, the breakfast cereal aisle is disturbing. None of which makes chicken and waffles sound any more appealing.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

But I am not fond of chicken, and am fairly neutral about waffles. I also live in the United States and have watched as dessert has creeped more and more into breakfast food - I mean, the breakfast cereal aisle is disturbing. None of which makes chicken and waffles sound any more appealing.

chicken and waffles is not a new dish though(src)

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

love to have hot fat drizzled on my waffles :chaostrump:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1358557167951912961?s=20

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
hot take: just eat boneless wings and don't worry

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Boneless wings are just chicken nuggets and are never nearly as satisfying as the real kind (drumsticks only for me though).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Boneless wings are just chicken nuggets and are never nearly as satisfying as the real kind (drumsticks only for me though).

Boneless wings are either pure white breast meat chunks or just wing meat but deboned. Nuggets are processed meat sludge formed into shapes.

If you must be a wing elitist then good choice though. Flats are terrible to eat.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yes everyone take the drumsticks, more flats for me

I can tell from the twitter embed that's already too many steps. Just grab one end and eat it like an artichoke leaf

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Boneless wings are either pure white breast meat chunks or just wing meat but deboned. Nuggets are processed meat sludge formed into shapes.

If you must be a wing elitist then good choice though. Flats are terrible to eat.

I just have never liked a boneless wing. They are too often over-breaded and overfried so it's just kind of chewy and unsatisfying. and there's nothing really wrong with a chicken nugget, it just doesn't feel like you're eating wings.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
flats are fine to eat if you bite the cartilage nub and then pull out the thinner of the two bones. then ypu can just eat the thing

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I prefer boneless, but then I think that also means I'd just rather have chicken in like a stir fry or some other dish instead of the specific way that you're supposed to eat chicken wings as a bunch all at once by themselves with no real accompaniment in a noisy sports bar.

https://twitter.com/atdanwhite/status/1358523162711965696

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I prefer boneless, but then I think that also means I'd just rather have chicken in like a stir fry or some other dish instead of the specific way that you're supposed to eat chicken wings as a bunch all at once by themselves with no real accompaniment in a noisy sports bar.

https://twitter.com/atdanwhite/status/1358523162711965696

I had a girlfriend who worked at a Buffalo Wild Wings and I got unfortunately used to chicken wings, cheap drinks, and despair.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Boneless wings: https://chawjcreations.com/2021/01/23/stuffed-chicken-wings/

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

New season of attack on titan taking a different style

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If you're over 10 the only cereal box you should be looking at is Total. Chicken and Waffles is great, though its very possible to come across a cloyingly sweet one, which is not.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the east coast Sierra Nevada Brewery in NC has a fantastic restaurant that serves small plates. they French the tips of their wings, which is bizarre even if you ignore the fact that it sounds filthy

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/abbleiphone/status/1358578451146448896?s=19
https://twitter.com/bastardsugarbby/status/1358559170925006849?s=09

I'm loving dying

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mayo Pete’s not eating wings

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The American remake of Attack on Titan looks weird.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

steinrokkan posted:

God. it's even worse than I imagined. No wonder I always though it was inedibly sweet, people who like it are weird and not to be trusted.

I found a way to make it palatable, mix it 50/50 with mascarpone cheese. Man that is good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nutella is very bad. Seeing all those meme videos of foods being stuffed with them always makes me nauseous

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In Amsterdam there was this famous ice cream parlor that had been around for a long time but didn't have proper permits so the city wanted to shut it down. After public outcry they made an exception for ice cream parlors. Some enterprising individuals took advantage of that and that is why Amsterdam is now completely full of those stupid nutella waffle places. I hope the pandemic makes them all go bankrupt tbh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Nutella is very bad. Seeing all those meme videos of foods being stuffed with them always makes me nauseous

Yeah, I tried it once and it was shocking how terrible it tasted, especially since lots of people claim it's really good.
It's loving greasy sugar with some cacao and nuts in it. It's a crime against food.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Flats are better than drumsticks in every way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why is this the first time I've ever heard the term "flat"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

Why is this the first time I've ever heard the term "flat"

well what do you call them?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I only ever just said "wings", but I guess I never knew there was a different term for the kind that has been trimmed down to just the middle part. Usually I just see those sold as "wings" and I get whatever form of wing they happen to serve.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

well what do you call them?
apartment

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I wish Randaconda wasn't dead so we could have someone to counteract all these sanctimonious anti-nutella posts.

please don't be dead :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

I mean I only ever just said "wings", but I guess I never knew there was a different term for the kind that has been trimmed down to just the middle part. Usually I just see those sold as "wings" and I get whatever form of wing they happen to serve.

They're both technically "wings" as they're two of the three parts of a whole chicken wing, they're just referred to as "drums" and "flats." The rea

Pro-tip on making wings: braise them in a crock pot on low for 4 hours before finishing under a broiler at 10 minutes per side, they are literally fall off the bone tender and juicy :yum:

Wasabi the J posted:

I wish Randaconda wasn't dead so we could have someone to counteract all these sanctimonious anti-nutella posts.

please don't be dead :ohdear:

:same:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh poo poo, "drums" isn't just a synonym for "drumsticks"? :aaaaa:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I miss randaconda so much. I know where he shopped for horrors, though.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

fizzymercy posted:

I miss randaconda so much. I know where he shopped for horrors, though.

At the little shop of horrors?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Whooping Crabs posted:

At the little shop of horrors?

The Tiny Bistro of Horrors

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

Flats and drums come from different parts of the bird

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fizzymercy posted:

The Tiny Bistro of Horrors

I always figured it was more of a deli

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

different parts of the wing of the bird

Drumstick ≠ drumette

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not really:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That’s a different part! Look at the dotted line!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also, if you're buying wings pre-separated, you're doing it wrong, buy the whole wing and seperate them yourself, it took me, someone with no knife skills, about 10 minutes to do 4 pounds of them.