Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

could someone link to the thread at the time of either the Familicide cast, V's reaction to its consequences, or both? would like to see how people reacted to those things live

That sounded fun, and

Maldraedior posted:

when he skullfucks the dragon in front of his family all questions will be answered

Though it's actually a couple pages of discussion later: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2300198&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=158#post358223156

aegof fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quick! i went back to the beginning of the thread to start looking and the first mention of goblins is a snipe on page 2...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Miko was the fuckin' worst.

e: No, the people back in 2009 on this thread making apologias for V casting familicide are the worst.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 28, 2021

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

could someone link to the thread at the time of either the Familicide cast, V's reaction to its consequences, or both? would like to see how people reacted to those things live

I wanna see the thread when the Epic-level phantasm makes it seem like Roy killed Xykon

ew why did people used to call V "Suvie"?

e: oh, right, because V's mate called them that

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 28, 2021

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I wanna see the thread when the Epic-level phantasm makes it seem like Roy killed Xykon

Xykon walks in: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2300198&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=424#post414804595

Actually killing him is a few forum pages later: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2300198&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=427#post415136048

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Also, when the invisible people were taking them away, they brought their weapons as well, instead of simply leaving them behind. That suggests that the invisible people could be willing to give the weapons back to the paladins at some point.

They also could have taken the weapons just to try and hide the fact that somebody besides Team Evil and the bugbears were present in the canyon. Redcloak finds out there are paladins somewhere around there, he starts casting divination spells to find them, maybe in the process he discovers the location of this secret group's hideout. And even if he can't do that, at the very least Xykon and Redcloak will be on alert for any other scouting missions or anything that the secret group wants to do.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Judging by the chains on the wall, this dungeon is a literal dungeon.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ikanreed posted:

Judging by the chains on the wall, this dungeon is a literal dungeon.

Something that is surprisingly rare.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sometimes you forget that Dungeon has a real-world meaning different to an underground adventure fortress.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tenebrais posted:

Sometimes you forget that Dungeon has a real-world meaning different to an underground adventure fortress.
Until you said this I had forgotten.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
When teenage Whybird first got into RPGs he had no idea that dungeon could mean anything else, and spent a lot of time wondering why the world was so full of all these monster-filled prisons and who was staffing them.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fun fact, the original meaning was actually a little closer to the D&D version:

Wiktionary "donjon" posted:

From Middle French [Term?], from Old French donjon, dongon (“castle keep”), from Frankish *dungjo, *dunjon- (“dungeon, bower, underground cellar”), from Proto-Germanic *dungijǭ, *dungō (“enclosed space, vault, bower, treasury”).

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Honestly I'm just happy we are going to learn more about the invisible kidnappers.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Reiterating my personal stupid theory that the kidnappers are goblins not aligned with Redcloak, just in case it actually turns out!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Reiterating my personal stupid theory that the kidnappers are goblins not aligned with Redcloak, just in case it actually turns out!

it's the former high priest from o'chuls book

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

sebmojo posted:

it's the former high priest from o'chuls book

That guy was the supreme leader who watched redcloak murk the hobgoblin manliness test administrator

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
But where is that guy now? Was he one of the nameless goblin clerics who died in the siege of Azure City? Is he still hanging around Gobbotobia? Is he Jirix??? Or, did he bail out as soon as he got out of sight of Redcloak and found a different, better gang with which to hang?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

But where is that guy now? Was he one of the nameless goblin clerics who died in the siege of Azure City? Is he still hanging around Gobbotobia? Is he Jirix??? Or, did he bail out as soon as he got out of sight of Redcloak and found a different, better gang with which to hang?

Him being jirix makes a lot of sense. Acting as an advisor to the most powerful one around with his head down, then seizing power when it's available would make for a repeat pattern.

It would also make jirix somewhat old for a goblin.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Him being jirix makes a lot of sense. Acting as an advisor to the most powerful one around with his head down, then seizing power when it's available would make for a repeat pattern.

It would also make jirix somewhat old for a goblin.

Also the fact that he overthrew the leader specifically to force a peaceful resolution in the Ochul prequel would fit pretty well if he were to then also overthrow Redcloak in the name of screwing the plan and just negotiating a normal mundane peace.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

NihilCredo posted:

Fun fact, the original meaning was actually a little closer to the D&D version:

Yeah, you guys are thinking of a gaol.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

AnoHito posted:

Also the fact that he overthrew the leader specifically to force a peaceful resolution in the Ochul prequel would fit pretty well if he were to then also overthrow Redcloak in the name of screwing the plan and just negotiating a normal mundane peace.

Except he only wanted that peace as a pretext growing his armies for a bigger, better war later(which he got, and was won). He's not a peace loving hippy.

All we know about Jirix's secret ambitions is that the foreshadowing to them is unprovoked violence.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Except he only wanted that peace as a pretext growing his armies for a bigger, better war later(which he got, and was won). He's not a peace loving hippy.

All we know about Jirix's secret ambitions is that the foreshadowing to them is unprovoked violence.

That was the original guy who the former high priest killed.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Well thanks for getting me to go back and reread the o-chul prequel comic.

drat that was maybe his best work.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Must be nice to be able to read it :shobon:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

reignonyourparade posted:

That was the original guy who the former high priest killed.

Oh, it appears I was mistaken.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Must be nice to be able to read it :shobon:

Good Deeds Gone Unpunished is $15 on Gumroad, and also has the Therkla and Lien stories, plus a couple cute fluff stories about Mr. Scruffy and the Azure City refugees.

Can recommend!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tenebrais posted:

I give good odds that at least one joke will be made about this.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jail or gaol(sp?) also work if you wanna differentiate.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
New comic us up!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Huh, that looks suspiciously like a halfling on stilts.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

maltesh posted:

Huh, that looks suspiciously like a halfling on stilts.

Yeah, that cloak is hiding something. It's so oddly proportioned.

I also for some reason got some strong Goblins (the adventure game) vibes from the overview shot. I feel like I need to send Ochuul down the ladder to punch the cauldron.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

that is one cozy as gently caress lookin' dungeon

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, that cloak is hiding something. It's so oddly proportioned.

I also for some reason got some strong Goblins (the adventure game) vibes from the overview shot. I feel like I need to send Ochuul down the ladder to punch the cauldron.

It’s the short arms - they’re much too stubby for a human of that height but look about right for a half-sized creature on a a stool.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Darth TNT posted:

Can't believe nobody's done a Gobliiins :eyepop:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

If this were a dungeon by and for short creatures, it would explain why the paladins are in the “hanging by their arms from chains” position but actually standing upright

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

it's serini it's serini it's serini :ssh:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The biggest tell is in the background. Those cabinet handles are really low to the ground

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's obviously only one person their captor can possibly be: Belkar.

I will not be taking questions.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Can anyone make out what the drawings above the beanbag are? One looks like a dragon but the other two could be anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
What do the runes say?