Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Another day, another death by gender reveal

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1358601206285877248?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Late in 2020 the company I work for changed their vacation policy so that we can't carry anything over into a new year starting in Dec 2021/Jan 2022, but they also gave everyone who has been there less than 5 years a max of four weeks of vacation. Since I carried a bunch over from 2020 (shockingly low usage of PTO when there is nowhere to go and nothing to do), I'm in the weird position of having to actively work to burn PTO days despite being at the company for just 15 months now.

As a result, I took today off and spent my Super Bowl night smoking weed and playing Satisfactory with the game on in the background while my wife was at work. I know Tompa Bay won (bully for you, Wandler). I do not know the score, and did not see a single commercial.

It was a good choice.

I try not to be too ghoulish laughing about people dying who I had never heard of before, but when you're an elected official actively encouraging people to ignore pandemic protocols and then contract and die of that disease yourself....:lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone else see "small businesses dying" as a straw man? I feel like the majority of cases is the pandemic speeding up the timeline on a business that would have failed anyway because the owners are terrible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Good Christ people, just say "It's a boy" or "It's a girl". Use cigars or those blue/pink bubblegum cigars if you must. Exploding cannons, expansive forest fires, all if the baby has a penis or vagina.

I can feel myself getting ready to yell at the clouds.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

For those of you keeping score at home, this is the same town where those dudes who were plotting to kidnap and murder the governor of MI were posted up.

Dango Bango posted:

Does anyone else see "small businesses dying" as a straw man? I feel like the majority of cases is the pandemic speeding up the timeline on a business that would have failed anyway because the owners are terrible.

Eh, it depends. Restaurants feel like a big exception to this rule, or at least around here there have been a few local joints that were doing great up until the pandemic and have since had to relocate or close up shop for good.

E: oh if we're talking about dudes in Congress lamenting the fate of small businesses, they definitely don't give a poo poo unless it's a business that directly benefits them.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 8, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

For those of you keeping score at home, this is the same town where those dudes who were plotting to kidnap and murder the governor of MI were posted up.

Seems like a lot of effort when they could have just invited her to one of these.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

Bring back dueling Wyatt Earp movies for no reason.

I'm sure there's a well known story for why this happened, I also refuse to look into it.

Costner was attached to Tombstone but was mad that it wasn’t just about Earp, so he went and made his own, worse version instead.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Thoughts and prayers.

Dango Bango posted:

It absolutely is. The PPP money was intended to go to small business, and instead went to businesses like the loving Lakers. If they gave a poo poo about true small business, they could be paying those business's expenses to keep them closed and we'd be done with this poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was just introduced to Clown Core and they kind of own?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gha9xrM10w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_rPd_ufK4

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

a lot of small businesses are run by assholes so yeah i see it that way too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1358819976388485122?s=19

Slightly dystopian

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

on the dog walk i heard a car with a godawful sounding tire. complete the loop and it's maybe a quarter of a mile further with the tread and half the sidewall gone. dont know what they were expecting

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dango Bango posted:

Between the facebook posts I'd see the right-wing shitheads posting to attack the Dem governor and reading the statements from our various city counsel candidates, I am so loving sick of people just screaming the words "small businesses" without any definition or context.

C-Euro posted:

Eh, it depends. Restaurants feel like a big exception to this rule, or at least around here there have been a few local joints that were doing great up until the pandemic and have since had to relocate or close up shop for good.

Restaurants are such a bizarre thing. At least here in MN it really does seem like a factor of how agile they were in finding new ways to keep making food and charging people for it without dine-in. There are obviously a ton of factors, but any place that immediately leaned into setting up a curbside or easy take-out infrastructure here is still chugging along.

My favorite restaurant in the cities shut down with a lovely parting message (“Due to COVID-19 and the unrest in Minneapolis we are closing our doors permanently.”), which makes me think the owners just decided to wait things out instead of adapting and trying to make it work. I realize not every restaurant is a style that's easily adaptable, but people are still eating even in a pandemic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Thoughts and prayers.

It absolutely is. The PPP money was intended to go to small business, and instead went to businesses like the loving Lakers. If they gave a poo poo about true small business, they could be paying those business's expenses to keep them closed and we'd be done with this poo poo.

Every single part of the COVID response both federally and in so called blue states, has been exactly what you would do if you wanted to both further consolidate wealth and kill a lot of poor people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Gender reveal parties didn’t exist before social media right?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It’s the ciiiiiiiiircle of life

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So we can't extend money to keep people from dying but we're able to give you money after they do? Cool.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Restaurants are such a bizarre thing. At least here in MN it really does seem like a factor of how agile they were in finding new ways to keep making food and charging people for it without dine-in. There are obviously a ton of factors, but any place that immediately leaned into setting up a curbside or easy take-out infrastructure here is still chugging along.

My favorite restaurant in the cities shut down with a lovely parting message (“Due to COVID-19 and the unrest in Minneapolis we are closing our doors permanently.”), which makes me think the owners just decided to wait things out instead of adapting and trying to make it work. I realize not every restaurant is a style that's easily adaptable, but people are still eating even in a pandemic.

I was going to include points on this in my original "is this a straw man" post but it got too rambling. I feel like I've heard enough stories where places that made great food still chug along via support of loyal customers/regulars. (But yes, there's a ton of factors that can affect restaurants especially.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm sure they existed, but the first one that got a lot of attention was 2008, but it was a relatively simple one with just the color of the frosting inside the cake.

The child that it was centered around now identifies as non-binary.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yep

this is what social media obsessed white americans contributed to culture

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

yep

this is what social media obsessed white americans contributed to culture

specifically social media obsessed white americans scared of people breaking out of "traditional" american gender roles

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Remember when Kirk Cousins did one and he nearly missed throwing the ball at the target

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spoeank posted:

specifically social media obsessed white americans scared of people breaking out of "traditional" american gender roles

Don't attribute what to malice what you can attribute to stupidity.

(You're not wrong, but the vast majority of it is narcissism.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

I think the last 4 years has proved that aphorism false.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The only good gender reveal is the video of Gordon Hayward finding out he was gonna have a 4th daughter and it destroyed his soul.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Social media will be the death of us all.

The only winners will be the cats.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Every single part of the COVID response both federally and in so called blue states, has been exactly what you would do if you wanted to both further consolidate wealth and kill a lot of poor people.

https://twitter.com/petsobel/status/1358810325722791940?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Social media will be the death of us all.

The only winners will be the cats.

Cats know our time as their masters is limited.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I think the last 4 years has proved that aphorism false.

Ha. You might have a point there...

...does "do as I say, not as I do" still fit?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

Ha. You might have a point there...

...does "do as I say, not as I do" still fit?

"Rules for thee but not for me" is official policy from the top of DNC

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dango Bango posted:

Knowledge Fight likes to talk about the Stupid-Malicious Spectrum for bad actors and I feel like it's a good place to start. A little malicious, mostly stupid.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I think the first gender reveal party was just the mom wanting an excuse to throw a party and it ballooned from there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The first gender reveal was I believe just cutting into a cake and the color was the reveal. The lady who did it first has often gone on record saying she regrets it because of how it escalated and started causing death and disaster

Who could have guessed that adding food coloring to a cake would start a road to forest fires and shrapnel deaths?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gender reveal parties have a much higher body count and probably cost in property damage than all of antifa nation wide.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1358849422591942664

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/RepRonWright/status/1357771651027521548?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

god dammit white women

https://twitter.com/PettiBetti_/status/1358644467817938952?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol I came to post this

The video gets progressively more unbelievable as it goes

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

Knowledge Fight likes to talk about the Stupid-Malicious Spectrum for bad actors and I feel like it's a good place to start. A little malicious, mostly stupid.

The return of Stevie P. last week!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

lol I came to post this

The video gets progressively more unbelievable as it goes

of all of this, why use packets of taco seasoning?

you're going through this insane effort and can't be bothered to just like, get salt and cumin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

of all of this, why use packets of taco seasoning?

you're going through this insane effort and can't be bothered to just like, get salt and cumin?

It's probably her idea of turning it into authentic ethnic cuisine.