Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sin and Baron Zemo were given significant time I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Shageletic posted:

Sin and Baron Zemo were given significant time I thought

I certainly hope that Erin Kellyman isn't playing Sin, kinda weird to cast a biracial actress as a version of Red Skull's Nazi daughter

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

I certainly hope that Erin Kellyman isn't playing Sin, kinda weird to cast a biracial actress as a version of Red Skull's Nazi daughter

Everything I can find says she's playing a gender swapped Flag Smasher.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Barry Convex posted:

Why? There are biracial nazis

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah the reports point to Flag Smasher more than Sin

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Why? There are biracial nazis

I don't think Red Skull as he was presented in the movies is even called out as buying into that part of the ideology. He literally betrayed the Reich the first chance he got and seemed more concerned with the world domination and control aspect than racial purity or whatever.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't think Red Skull as he was presented in the movies is even called out as buying into that part of the ideology. He literally betrayed the Reich the first chance he got and seemed more concerned with the world domination and control aspect than racial purity or whatever.

Sin could just be the daughter of whatever hydra leader they have used and doesn't have to be a nazi. Crossbones was just some hydra mook.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/icklenellierose/status/1358361669924245505?s=21

People trying to tell James Gunn how he does his own job.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

He literally betrayed the Reich the first chance he got and seemed more concerned with the world domination and control aspect than racial purity or whatever.

Hard to care about skin colour when you have no skin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, that guy does not like women.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Keanu Reeves might be Kraven . Huh.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I'm not feeling this. I don't know if it's because I think Keanu would be better suited for other characters, or because this is Sony and not the MCU proper, or both.

Edit: Zelda Williams suggested Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the role and, yeah, I'm absolutely on board with that concept.

https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/1358861411871453185

https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/1358865487745011712

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

David Harbour for Kraven, IMO.

I don't care that he's already Red Guardian :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If they’re bringing Kraven to the MCU it should be Kate Beacon’s version.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t really see Keanu as Kraven

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I don’t really see Keanu as Kraven

I think it was in this thread that someone said Keanu for Dracula and I am all in on that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keanu is exactly who Sony would pick to be Kraven. Because it's completely wrong.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Have Kraven the Hunter hunt down Ortiz the Dog Boy.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Kraven but it's just John Wick in a leopard print suit

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Kraven but it's just John Wick in a leopard print suit

I imagine this was literally the thought process (if it's true)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Hulk Smash! posted:

David Harbour for Kraven, IMO.

I don't care that he's already Red Guardian :colbert:

Harbour is an actor I want to like more than I actually do like. That being said Kraven should be an over the top character so I nominate Bruce Campbell.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I absolutely don't get this. You can make Venom work without the context of Spider-Man but loving Kraven?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just imagine Keanu doing accent work as Kraven. It's going to be really bad.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

I absolutely don't get this. You can make Venom work without the context of Spider-Man but loving Kraven?

He's gonna be hunting down Venom and Morbius.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

They're gonna make him cool and realistic and not an over the top Siegfried and Roy pastiche brimming with jungle potions and it's gonna suck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sony trying to create a cinematic universe around Venom still makes me chuckle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Sony trying to create a cinematic universe around Venom still makes me chuckle.

I’m ready for Knull to hit the big screen

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Eh...I dunno, people were skeptical about Keaton as Batman and Ledger as Joker. I’ll judge it when I have something to judge.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vince MechMahon posted:

https://twitter.com/scribblesscript/status/1358679076408496130?s=19
Oh god the discourse about this is going to be annoying

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
BSS Movie Thread: Oh god the discourse about this is going to be annoying

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's kind of weird because if the Flag-Smasher thing is correct, they are going to have that alongside what is probably a right-wing Cap with US Agent

I really hope to God they don't try to 'both-sides' this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's kind of weird because if the Flag-Smasher thing is correct, they are going to have that alongside what is probably a right-wing Cap with US Agent

oh you betcha they are

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure they're not gonna play too cute with anything like that. They want their poo poo to be as marketable as possible and purposely invoking inflammatory stuff in such a vague or unsatisfying way is a bad way to do that. It just so happens a lot of Captain America's villains are people with anti-patriotism gimmicks. But I doubt The Flag Smashers will be any kind of real comparison to ANTIFA or whatever for anyone but the "CIA pysop" crowd.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Given that they are positioning the Flag Smashers as the initial villain, and having US Agent appear later, it sounds like they are positioning themselves for a twist where Sam realises the villain has a point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine that like most comic book villains whatever correct point the Flag Smashers might have will be shown to be a shallow lie to cover their true insidious agendas.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't have much faith in the MCU to not have the most milquetoast politics ever at this point.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

One would have hoped that the MCU would stop with the milquetoast liberal nonsense, but lol at disney ever doing anything even slightly controversial

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

STAC Goat posted:

I imagine that like most comic book villains whatever correct point the Flag Smashers might have will be shown to be a shallow lie to cover their true insidious agendas.

The MCU has pulled the "apparent villain ends up on the good guys' side by the end" a whole bunch of times already. Skrulls, Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, Ghost, the Winter Soldier, etc etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fangz posted:

The MCU has pulled the "apparent villain ends up on the good guys' side by the end" a whole bunch of times already. Skrulls, Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, Ghost, the Winter Soldier, etc etc.

Yeah, but assuming that the Flag Smashers are gonna play out that way because their unknown mission statement might be somewhat valid feels like a reach to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
There will be a mid season twist where it turns out that the government is bad actually, and the bad government people will go to prison, and y'all will be mad that the Disney TV show doesn't have Sam and Buckey overthrow the government and create a dictatorship of the proletariat.