Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yellow snowmelt is stored in the bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You may melt away my ice, but you will never melt away my steel beams.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Icemelt.

I dealt.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Glad shaggy getting paid on 2021

Unless he did something bad

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i'm making a bunch of money on weed stocks and dogecoin

the future is so insanely stupid. just imagine the stupidest thing that could possibly loving happen and assume it will, because that's how shits gone for the past few years.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Holdup. Is dogecoin and actual read thing? I thought it was a spoof jokeword for bitcoin.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Outrail posted:

Holdup. Is dogecoin and actual read thing? I thought it was a spoof jokeword for bitcoin.

It started a a joke making fun of bitcoin, but was always a real thing.

The fact that its apparently the biggest bitcoin competitor now is just peak 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Outrail posted:

It's actually a real thing. You can make bitcoin variants with whatever name/theme/branding you want, dogecoin was just early enough and dumb enough to also take off and get established

The official spoof jokeword for bitcoin is "buttcoin"

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Or Cosbycoin, but that's, uh, problematic these days.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

the future is so insanely stupid.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The partner of a friend of mine found out that the new hire in the bakery they ran
A: Applied under a pseudonym
B: Killed and ate someone on a Greyhound bus
C: Does not actually have baking experience

Ventral EggSac posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how long was that bus ride!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It was a nightmare. He didn't even know what a proofing rack was for.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I hope they kept him on; he obviously needed the dough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

The fact that its apparently the biggest bitcoin competitor now is just peak 2020

Dogecoin generates 10000 new coins every minute or something like that. It's designed so that it can't gain any real value long term.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RFC2324 posted:

Made even more surprising as it is 2021.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jedit posted:

"2020" is a term for the coronavirus era, similar to the "long nineteenth century"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platystemon posted:

It’s supposed to depict a mask.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Or Geordi La Forge's visor

Marcade posted:

I never noticed Geordi being cockeyed though?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jedit posted:

frankenfreak posted:

"2020" is a term for the coronavirus era, similar to the "long nineteenth century"

Yeah. Calling something 2020 is just saying its stupid and insane and prior to last year I would have never believed it was real.

I actually kinda feel like 2020 might have started in 2016, tbh.

:regd20:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Aphrodite posted:

Dogecoin generates 10000 new coins every minute or something like that. It's designed so that it can't gain any real value long term.

Wait, really? Then why does my idiot Elon Musk fanboy old college classmate think he's making out like a bandit? If I can mock him for something specific it'll be a lot more fun.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Wait, really? Then why does my idiot Elon Musk fanboy old college classmate think he's making out like a bandit? If I can mock him for something specific it'll be a lot more fun.

:ms:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I’d like to note for the thread that if this is referring to the incident in Canada, the individual responsible changed their name to Baker while undergoing psychiatric treatment after their arrest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Right now lots of idiots are pumping it up so some gains can be made. A coin worth .05 cents going up to .1 still doubled after all. But long term it won’t ever shoot up like Bitcoin.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So it's the underdoge.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Marcade posted:

Or Cosbycoin, but that's, uh, problematic these days.

Oof. I just remembered that YOSPOS was cosby themed years ago. Right about the time the accusations started becoming public knowledge. You'd get "cospops" which are actually now "dogpops" but they're pretty rare and I usually browse on my phone and don't see them.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

One of my coworkers is in his mid to late 40s. He was convinced as a young man that he would not live to see 40 as no male in the last two generations of his family had. He currently claims to have approximately $110,000 in credit and retail card debt for things such as two brand new Harley Davison motorcycles and an $8,000 lizard. He swears they live completely off of their credit cards and just pay their entire paycheck to the cc companies. I have no idea how he found a woman to go along with this.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What the gently caress kinda lizard costs $8000

Phy posted:

8k monitors, obviously

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

just a solid burn

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I see that you edited your post but I literally cannot conceive how this could be the "improved" version

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

just a solid burn
That Doug thread really struck some nerves man

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

We do wild things with frogs. As an undergrad, I did an experiment where I injected frogs with human gonadotropin to induce sexytimes with dogs and gathered their eggs (with a turkey baster). Taking these fertilized eggs, at certain times, I killed them with cytochalasin B. Then I stained them with a fluorescent dye from jellyfish to capture pictures of cellular mitosis in action. Got to see the various stages of cell separation. Pretty neat stuff.

ante posted:

Art school undergrads have way too much time on their hands

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Actually, considering the posts in this thread, especially after I've made Herculean efforts to meet you half way, I'm considering closing CSPAM altogether. I thought giving you top-level status might be enough to pacify the more enthusiastic members of the succ zone clique, but you've decided to once again bite my hand.

I'm going to take a walk and think through this. But consider yourself on notice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

little munchkin posted:

back in the day to be a troll you had to work really hard. weaving elaborate webs of lies and deceit, say the most heinous things possible and then reverse-engineer a moral justification for it, etc. nowadays you just have make extremely sincere posts such as "i don't think inhaling compressed air will promote muscle growth, exercise would probably work better" and thousands of people will get really mad and start sending you death threats, etc.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This was inspired.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

time to register Geoffrey of YosP0s and try again

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
is Joffrey of YOSPOS taken already?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Joffrey Robinette YOSPOS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PACarMANd posted:

JCHS in little Caldwell NJ, has some ridiculous rules to their resume.

1.No Hats
: When I was a freshman coming into the highschool, hats were perfectly acceptable in the learning environment. Towards my junior year they were simply outlawed. For no particular reason either. The administration and staff just doesn't allow it. I mean to some this may not seem like such a big deal, but to us "hat people", taking away our hats is like taking off our shirts, we feel naked.

2.No Drug/Alcohol on Clothing
: Last time I checked, this is America. An in America we have a little something called freedom of expression. Now drugs and alcohol may not be deemed school appropriate, but its the principle that matters. All our school lives we are taught that we have more freedom to make choices, and basically say what we want, how can we flex these rights if they're taken away from us?

Now a little more interesting...

3.Pledging the Flag My first period teacher threatens to "write me up", If I do not stand during the pledge of allegiance. She sees it as being defiant and unpatriotic towards ones country. I on the other hand do not see the pledge to be constitutional in any way ("under god", and making an idol of the flag). What I wonder is if I can even truly get in trouble for not standing? They'd probably write that i was insubordinate to a teachers authority.

4.Calling Teacher by First Name
This ones ticks me off a little more than the
others. Since when the gently caress am i not allowed to call someone by there first name? Teacher or not? I actually got a couple of saturday detentions for this "heinous act". My principal actually had the nerve to explain to me that the administration are better than me, and that i am a lesser human being. gently caress That.

My rant of stupid school rules is probably petty and childish to some of yours...

So be at thee, i want to see poo poo that makes my eyes bleed!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I thought this was a complaint about university and wondered why they got banned. Lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Back when I was a kid, my great grandmother clipped out Modesty Blaise from the newspapers every day and stored the comics in big photo albums, the kind with sticky pages and those weird transparent cover flaps on every page.

I always assumed it was just a very milquetoast old people's comic but turns out great grandma was a god drat sex maniac.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I used to call it Nudisti Blaise as a kid.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

#2 makes me think this guy is unfamiliar with Morse v Frederick.

Not the best case for it I admit but it’s also why there’s a sign reading “bong hits 4 Jesus” in the smithsonian so that’s fun.

(Bethel v Fraser is the more relevant one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Blistex posted:

Someone gives you a money making machine that prints a steady stream of legal tender (dozens of $100 bills every minute). There is a dick sized hole in the side of the machine. The vendor informs you that sticking your dick in there will not only destroy the machine it will also mangle your penis, and permanently prevent you from earning any appreciable amount of money in the future.

You turn the machine on, and in a few seconds you've made more money than any single day in your life. You're set, and the machine is certified to work continuously for at least a few years. You're guaranteed to become more wealthy than you thought possible. All you have to do is stand back and let it do its magic.

You place the head of your penis just a tiny bit inside the hole. The machine sputters a little as a thin sliced of your penis is removed by a spinning metal gear. A few bills the machine spits out are useless, but it appears to be fixed now. Wait! It's now working noticably slower. You're still guaranteed to be rich, but not as rich, and not as fast.

You call the support line and they tell you that another attempt will certainly destroy the machine. It will never print out another bill.

You stand back and contemplate the situation. The money you are making. The financial security. The fact that you no longer have to do low paying gig jobs. You look down at your slightly damaged, yet very sore penis. You're reminded that there are two very serious consequences if you. . .

<spits on hand>