Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That Keith Urban is australian (and born in NZ to boot) blows my mind every time I remember it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
Nashville country fills the niche of "guitar-based songs about the workin' man and life in the heartland or whatever" that mostly disappeared from rock radio after grunge came along in the early 90s. Turns out that's a pretty big niche. It just also happens to have zero overlap with the interests of music journalists and culture reporters.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like pretty much all music except for country and rap. Paradoxically I love country rap.

https://youtu.be/eAffMSpW8KM

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Well I'm from Scotland so thats probably a factor lol

My Aberdonian dad got super into Garth Brooks and songs about trucks for a while. It was super weird. He hit about 45 and thought he was a roofer from Alabama.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I actually liked Garth Brooks' alter ego "chris gaines". It's kind of annoying how when you put it into youtube you don't get the songs, you get documentaries about it.

My love of country rap started with kid rock with "cowboy". Now I listen to really stupid bands like jawga boys even though i can't relate at all to dipping and lifted trucks, but it's funny to me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I just learned that the re-release of Mass Effect 2 is gonna edit out the camera's loving gaze at Miranda Lawson's rear end. This feels like a personal (rear end)ault.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It should be probable to imply that DnD is the liberal forum and CSPAM is the leftist forum. They both suck but DnD is slow moving enough to follow while CSPAM is infinite white noise shitposts per hour (and one QCS thread per day yelling about DnD libs). You can be a leftist and still prefer the former.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There are zero North American leftists.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
True leftism has never been tried.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

True leftism has never been tried.

There have been less than half a dozen welfare states on the planet. They were glorious (for people living in them). Liberals ruined them all and that sucks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Humanity died with the Paris commune

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's zero reason to buy chicken breast when Thighs are available. They're tastier, juicier, cheaper, and harder to gently caress up.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Gaius Marius posted:

There's zero reason to buy chicken breast when Thighs are available. They're tastier, juicier, cheaper, and harder to gently caress up.

I agree with you in most cases, but if I’m making an old-school chicken parmigiana, thighs fall apart when you pound ‘em flat, while I can beat my (breast)meat vigorously until I have a 3/8” thick circle about a foot in diameter.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's a good point. If you gotta beat your cock thighs might do, but breasts are gonna be a lot better for that purpose.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

If you can't make a juicy and flavorful chicken breast with a decent texture that you could eat all by itself you can't actually cook.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can easily, but there's a ton of people out there who somehow manage to gently caress it up even after I give them the foolproof sear on both sides stick in the oven with a probe. I don't even know how you gently caress that up

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Cooking is a nice hobby but if someone doesn't want to learn and just eats other foods like takeout or whatever that's fine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY0KGpI3RTs

Opinion: any revolver pistol with a double-action trigger is a semi-automatic firearm.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 00:04 on Feb 12, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I don't think Diogenes of Sinope existed. All the stuff that's attributed to the character is a bunch of just so stories, and I think even supposed contemporaries wrote about him as a bugs bunny cartoon character rather than expecting anyone to believe he was a living person.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

I don't think Diogenes of Sinope existed. All the stuff that's attributed to the character is a bunch of just so stories, and I think even supposed contemporaries wrote about him as a bugs bunny cartoon character rather than expecting anyone to believe he was a living person.

Manager Hoyden 3000: "Oh you still believe Donald Trump was real? At brain level 7 that's gotta be marginal, right?"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m on the final dungeon of the FFIII DS remake and I think this game might actually be fun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Your certainly the only person I've seen with that opinion on the final dungeon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Your certainly the only person I've seen with that opinion on the final dungeon

People’s complaints about it are valid but if you know what you’re doing it’s not that difficult, and the job system is pretty robust

Edit: I have wiped twice in the World of Darkness, once to Cerberus and once to Cloud of Darkness, and I’m still having fun because I’m thinking that I should be able to beat them if I just switch my Magus to a Bard. I don’t mind the slog back because that’s what gives the fights stakes. My brain might be a bit broken

thetoughestbean has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Feb 12, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They need to bring back Bionicle.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gripweed posted:

Lego put out a vote for an anniversary set (which they said they might ignore) and Bionicle won so you might get your wish, at least as a one-off.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

Bionicle got really weird after the prequel series about the city Toa. The quality of the books kind of dropped off, imo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Am I completely misremembering things or was there a "Technic" Lego robot/whatever toyline before Bionicle?

e: Oh wait this is not the toy thread, oh well.

ee: It was apparently (probably) Slizers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Lego Technic definitely existed and was structurally similar to bionicle.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I thought Bionicle and Lego Technic were the same thing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

fizzymercy posted:

I thought Bionicle and Lego Technic were the same thing?

I though bionicles were little action figures. Sort of humanoid monster-looking things.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I mean they were, I just thought they were part of the Technic line? I definitely remember making MegaBionicles by combining parts of Technic cars and stuff so probably I'm confusing them together.

I really feel like I remember the Technic logo on the sets I had though. Memories are stupid.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

fizzymercy posted:

I really feel like I remember the Technic logo on the sets I had though. Memories are stupid.

They did.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

:aaaaa:

I'd be more impressed if I hadn't just found out I was 18 when I was obsessed with Bionicle. My memories are of me being a child when I was collecting them. Ooof this hurts a little.

I'm going to go build a Lego castle to cope.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Bionicle is of the age to be very nostalgic for 20-35 year olds with disposable income now I’d say. Although for whatever reason that 80s nostalgia still hasn’t really been displaced by 90s-2000s now.

Did anyone else’s school feverishly collect the spare masks? We’d carry them around for trades in those cloth bags that came with the Harry Potter jelly beans.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Bionicle is of the age to be very nostalgic for 20-35 year olds with disposable income now I’d say. Although for whatever reason that 80s nostalgia still hasn’t really been displaced by 90s-2000s now.

Did anyone else’s school feverishly collect the spare masks? We’d carry them around for trades in those cloth bags that came with the Harry Potter jelly beans.

90s/2000s nostalgia is absolutely displacing 80s nostalgia. Every other Super Bowl ad this year was basically “hey remember the 90s???” Powerpuff Girls are getting a gritty live action series for some reason. There was a Hey Arnold movie in 2017.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Am I completely misremembering things or was there a "Technic" Lego robot/whatever toyline before Bionicle?

e: Oh wait this is not the toy thread, oh well.

ee: It was apparently (probably) Slizers.

I was too old for Bionicle but I do weirdly remember Throwbots which I guess was the American branding of Slizers.

My unpopular opinion is that that earlier concept seemed fun and was maybe more visually distinctive than Bionicle. The real blast from the past is the price - $5.99 for a set. I can only imagine what LEGO would charge now.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

90s/2000s nostalgia is absolutely displacing 80s nostalgia. Every other Super Bowl ad this year was basically “hey remember the 90s???” Powerpuff Girls are getting a gritty live action series for some reason. There was a Hey Arnold movie in 2017.

I guess I don’t notice it as much bc it’s marketed to me whereas I was too young for the 80s that seemed panderier.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I remember all this stuff and I remember liking all of this stuff but I don't know if I have nostalgia for it because I have absolutely no urge to buy any of it.

Like, it's just stuff it doesn't do anything. Why would I collect stuff that just sits there?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
what do you mean my hey arnold funko pops are worthless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like the ice in my drinks to be those super small little cubes. Not crushed ice, mind, but that little half inch by half inch ice that you usually get at like a ball park or something.