Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Lou Takki posted:

Also we should ban advertising car companies since people die in car wrecks daily.

This somewhat happened in Australia. They made laws that car companies couldn't show cars doing illegal things like speeding and doing donuts etc because people keep speeding and doing donuts etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

Smoking cessation is important

No it isn’t.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Payndz posted:

Oh, gently caress yes. I haven't smoked for over two decades, but still think the McLaren Marlboro Senna-era livery is the definitive F1 paint job.

Also lotta tough goons ITT salty about having their smokes mildly mocked, lol.

No I’m more upset about the lost revenue from sponsor dollars.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They are scientifically proven to stop covid but the mainstream media suppresses this, despite the efforts of Scuderia Ferrari

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Canada enacted that stupid styled tobacco package ban so all of our smokes are in generic muddy-green brown boxes.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ours have government mandated pictures of various smoking related illnesses. There are now people who try to collect every image.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine writing four straight posts in defense of cigarettes lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Maybe they should allow smoking sponsors again but only if they have the visceral throat cancer image livery and the stark warning decals.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
:newlol:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the paradigm shift posted:

yeah it's obviously marc marquez
Giacomo Agostini motherfuckers. Mother. Fuckers.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

good for them to acknowledge the harmful effects of passive smoking

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
the worst take???

https://racer.com/2021/02/08/miller-the-comeback-club/

quote:

Now it’s obviously great that he was able to jump out of his burning car and emerge with only second-degree burns on his hands and has no lingering affects that would prevent him from continuing his career. And had a few of his cards fallen differently, it might have been a far more serious outcome. But as it was, it was more of a close call than anything near fatal.

And to borrow one of AJ’s favorite phrases, was it really “death threatenin’?” Not when you compare it to these guys.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It’s real great whenever you guys pontificate about safety n poo poo but don’t race or realize how idiotically top down it is under the FIA. meanwhile like four guys broke their ribs in my club karting last year, yeah the FIA really gives a poo poo about safety lmfao

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If one team was sponsored by a vape company instead of a cigarette company who would it be

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If one team was sponsored by a vape company instead of a cigarette company who would it be

Its McLaren op.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
lol at all of the smokers defending their lack of willpower.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Azza Bamboo posted:

Maybe they should allow smoking sponsors again but only if they have the visceral throat cancer image livery and the stark warning decals.

gently caress yeah, give me an F1 car with the meat neck livery.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Custard Undies posted:

This somewhat happened in Australia. They made laws that car companies couldn't show cars doing illegal things like speeding and doing donuts etc because people keep speeding and doing donuts etc.

Same for the UK lol

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
every F1 car should be sponsored by a crypto coin, Doge Nascar style

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Bring back the cigarette money so my mediocre enjoyment of this hit sport can somewhat increase, and screw the millions who will die because they saw Marlboro on the side of a car. And I am not even being sarcastic.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How about sprint races instead of qualifying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55992727

Qualifying isn't the problem, FIA

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

How about sprint races instead of qualifying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55992727

Qualifying isn't the problem, FIA

Idk, free practice sessions are boring and only watchable on mute thanks to Crofty and qualifying is interesting only in the dying minutes of each session when everybody goes ham. I'd be keen to see if a sprint format shakes it up a bit.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Theophany posted:

Idk, free practice sessions are boring and only watchable on mute thanks to Crofty and qualifying is interesting only in the dying minutes of each session when everybody goes ham. I'd be keen to see if a sprint format shakes it up a bit.

My prediction is that every sprint race will end with lewis getting in there

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

the corona quid posted:

It’s real great whenever you guys pontificate about safety n poo poo but don’t race or realize how idiotically top down it is under the FIA. meanwhile like four guys broke their ribs in my club karting last year, yeah the FIA really gives a poo poo about safety lmfao

With Karting what can you really do about safety anyway? Like the first 5 seconds I went out karting I thought 'lmao i could seriously hurt myself doing this' and then I forgot about it instantly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There’s plenty that could be done and karting was just one example. I think them doing gently caress all to spa after someone died on it in F2 is pretty criminal and there would’ve been a very different result if that accident was in F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ducati dropped the Mission Winnow poo poo and Lenovo is the title sponsor now. Wonder if the scud lads will do the same 🤔

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

With Karting what can you really do about safety anyway? Like the first 5 seconds I went out karting I thought 'lmao i could seriously hurt myself doing this' and then I forgot about it instantly

don't they constantly try to murder each other in karting, like not "that's a risk of driving" but "he overtook me so I shunted him into a wall and tried to run him over"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

don't they constantly try to murder each other in karting, like not "that's a risk of driving" but "he overtook me so I shunted him into a wall and tried to run him over"

That’s just the class I race in. AFAIK other classes don’t do that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Our new CIO is introducing himself and he's got a photo of Lewis in his presentation. Blessed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the corona quid posted:

That’s just the class I race in. AFAIK other classes don’t do that.

oh I thought karting was just a single class full of mafia failsons

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

oh I thought karting was just a single class full of mafia failsons

If you’re talking about that kid that tried to murder someone else with a bumper that was Rotax which I race in lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the corona quid posted:

If you’re talking about that kid that tried to murder someone else with a bumper that was Rotax which I race in lmao

lol "rotax" sounds like a bad joke about the former owner of these forums

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

after some research I find it is a bad joke but not about the former owner of these forums

should call it canadian nascar

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Same for the UK lol
Chrysler made a commercial wherein George Washington literally drove a Dodge over some British soldiers and it was fuckin awesome, goondolences on you old world losers without fuckin awesome commercials! Sad!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Chrysler made a commercial wherein George Washington literally drove a Dodge over some British soldiers and it was fuckin awesome, goondolences on you old world losers without fuckin awesome commercials! Sad!

*clutches pearls while looking like a horrifying combo of jacob rees-mogg and michael gove*

https://www.theguardian.com/business/andrew-clark-on-america/2010/aug/16/dodge-challenger-advertising-anti-british-sentiment

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Funniest F1 thing I learnt today was that Max Verstappen doesn't follow Alex Albon on instagram but he does follow Albon's sisters.

Nothing but mind games and horniness with that guy.

Also driving into walls.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Yeah then an American took their Dodge Challenger and drove it over anti-racist protestors so how well did that commercial play out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wzm posted:

Yeah then an American took their Dodge Challenger and drove it over anti-racist protestors so how well did that commercial play out.

7 years later

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lmao that sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://youtu.be/0E0v1WxUycI

They ran it during the 2010 world cup lmao