Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Isomermaid posted:

Angrily staring at the arrow on a weather vane, shouting "gently caress you I won't go where you tell me" and walking off in the opposite direction to own the libs

...do you often use weather vanes for navigation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

e: found lowtax's new 'job'

Need to know if it was £6k for lots of little chocolate santas, or for just one massive one.

Entirely unrelated of course, Jessflaps seems to be melting down over something:
https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1359085372718919680

Isomermaid posted:

Angrily staring at the arrow on a weather vane, shouting "gently caress you I won't go where you tell me" and walking off in the opposite direction to own the libs

:lol:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I assumed that was the joke.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

thankfully they left the comments up for this one and quite rightly a fair amount of people have pointed out how dumb her opinion is

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Church weather vanes did used to be useful for orienteering once upon a time, because the cardinal points were calibrated regularly.

I assume that's gone into as much disrepair as everything else now, so it's back to terrible compasses but this time they're on your phone like everything else.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Had a surprise package arrive today and it was my Fudjit order.

Absolutely top notch stuff. The salted pretzel works much better than I was expecting and the milk chocolate has a really lovely smooth texture.

I was in a meeting with a new potential PhD student at ther time so i managed to get some advertising done too.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is jessflaps being outed as a terf or something

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

"I know I've never been right before, but this time I'm 100% sure this clearly right-wing project, made, created, and staffed entirely by rightwingers, will surely offer balanced and nuanced takes, and the left are just scaremoungering." - Centrist journos forever

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Communist Thoughts posted:

Is jessflaps being outed as a terf or something
She's 'hitting out' at the Home Office losing thousands of police records that the ECtHR should probably be expunged anyway are all definitely of child abusers.

I don't know if that's the bad news about Jess, she seems pretty proud of it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SpaceCommie posted:

Had a surprise package arrive today and it was my Fudjit order.

Absolutely top notch stuff. The salted pretzel works much better than I was expecting and the milk chocolate has a really lovely smooth texture.

I was in a meeting with a new potential PhD student at ther time so i managed to get some advertising done too.

How much has the PhD game changed since I finished in 2012, that students can now afford online boutique luxury communist fudge?

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 9, 2021

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I watched the 2019 election results in Momentum HQ with Mark Steele and he was as devastated as any of us, so he’ll always be a good egg in my book.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Camrath, that Toblerone fudge is fantastic.
I ordered too much of course, does it freeze well?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1359109633139425286?s=19

I mean fair play to Irish customs for 10x-ing their usual capacity, even if it meant like a 50% overall freight reduction it shows they were doing at least some prep over the last few years. But just lol at the implications for Britannia

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Deketh posted:

Glad it’s going down well, and has arrived with due haste!

I’ve never actually frozen it, so couldn’t say- but keeping it in the fridge will vastly increase the shelf life (my folks are still working through some of the pre-Christmas batch they kept refrigerated)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Deketh posted:

If you've ordered too much I'm afraid a new law recently come in requires that you send the excess to me for inspection.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Deketh posted:

gently caress you!!!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

gently caress you!!!

I will be restocked with Toblerone on Friday, plus several other flavours :)

Unlike say, Sony, I recognise when my customers are screaming for more and up production.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Camrath posted:

Unlike say, Sony, I recognise when my customers are screaming for more and up production.

A savvy fudgelord would artificially limit supply for another month then quadruple the price. :capitalism:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Cold open to the new Trashfuture is exemplary.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

stev posted:

A savvy fudgelord would artificially limit supply for another month then quadruple the price. :capitalism:

Except that would make me A. Lose any lefty cred I ever had and B. My wife would put me against the wall herself.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Is it supposed to be implicitly obvious what Jess is actually talking about?

...was it her who spent £6k at Hotel Chocolat?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Camrath posted:

New flavour confirmed: Phudgestation 5.

E: shame it's not a Sega, you could dye it blue and call it Sonic the Fudgehog.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
David Cameron Fudged a Hedge Hog

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Camrath posted:

Except that would make me A. Lose any lefty cred I ever had and B. My wife would put me against the wall herself.

You've passed the test. You will go into the West and remain fudgelord.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Camrath posted:

your post history fails you on both of these alas

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

Like the PS5 scalpers of yore, I will mysteriously have excess Toblerone fudge for just 2.5x RRP come Monday.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol got my ballot for Scottish Labour leader despite having not paid since Starmer became leader.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so who profits from this

https://twitter.com/CapitalMoments/status/1359122598450331650?s=20

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

quote:

though Neil himself has said merely that it will serve the “vast number of British people who feel underserved and unheard”, arguing elsewhere that “the direction of news debate in Britain is increasingly woke and out of touch with the majority of its people”.
One of my friends made the observation on Facebook that "any time someone gets angry and rants about something being 'woke', remember that it's effectively a synonym for 'decent'."

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Does "returning residents" mean UK citizens? Or does it mean residents from a red list country who reside in the UK? Or does it mean anyone from a red list country UK citizen or not?

Fun fact: just over a year ago, a friend and I booked 'the holiday of a lifetime' as it was my 60th birthday year to a faraway land which was supposed to take place in September. Before this happened, I asked of the insurance company to whom I had paid over £100 - what happens if the Faraway Land brings in compulsory quarantine AFTER we have started our journey (which could have happened) and we have to go live in a quarantine hotel in Faraway Land, will the insurance cover that. "No, if the Faraway government imposes quarantine, they will of course pay for it."
Ho hum. Fortunately, the holiday got cancelled (by the airlines and also the country sealed itself from any international travel) and we got all our money back except for the cost of the insurance (which in the end did nothing, our refunds were direct from the airlines and the agents).

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

the assigned hotels will all mysteriously belong to Tory donors

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Failed Imagineer posted:

How much has the PhD game changed since I finished in 2012, that students can now afford online boutique luxury communist fudge?

I spent all my stipend down the pub after the weekly departmental seminar, but the pubs are all closed now which will save money.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol got my ballot for Scottish Labour leader despite having not paid since Starmer became leader.

i still get friggin emails from my CLP despite stopping payment the day they booted corbyn. i've had a full "oh pweeeeeese come back!" style letters too, so it's puzzling.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

CoolCab posted:

i still get friggin emails from my CLP despite stopping payment the day they booted corbyn. i've had a full "oh pweeeeeese come back!" style letters too, so it's puzzling.

I had within the space of a few days an email begging me to join the Labour Party, and one inviting me to stand as a local councillor (in my old constituency).

Real case of mixed messages there.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Fedule posted:

she bought all the toblerone fudge

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Camrath posted:

I had within the space of a few days an email begging me to join the Labour Party, and one inviting me to stand as a local councillor (in my old constituency).

Real case of mixed messages there.
Send an email back thanking them for the suggestion and say you are now seriously considering standing as an independent candidate now.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Does "returning residents" mean UK citizens? Or does it mean residents from a red list country who reside in the UK? Or does it mean anyone from a red list country UK citizen or not?

It means citizens, essentially. Any other travel from red list countries requires special permission.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

My fudge also arrived, despite me totally forgetting I ordered it, so a welcome surprise. Can indeed confirm the Toblerone version Toblerowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fedule posted:

Quite possibly, there's a story going around about her expenses at the moment but as it's being boosted mostly by flag usernames on Twitter I'm doubtful of the veracity.