Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fangz posted:

Given that they are positioning the Flag Smashers as the initial villain, and having US Agent appear later, it sounds like they are positioning themselves for a twist where Sam realises the villain has a point.

It’s absolutely going to turn out that the Flag-Smashers are actually good guys (or morally grey) and the government turned Bucky and Falcon on them because they were about to expose US Agent as evil or crazy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Patrick Spens posted:

There will be a mid season twist where it turns out that the government is bad actually, and the bad government people will go to prison, and y'all will be mad that the Disney TV show doesn't have Sam and Buckey overthrow the government and create a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Correct!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, but assuming that the Flag Smashers are gonna play out that way because their unknown mission statement might be somewhat valid feels like a reach to me.

All of this is obviously just speculation at this point.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Kraven but it's just John Wick in a leopard print suit

Kraven but it's just Future Convict Ted Theodore Logan in a leopard print suit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I doubt when they say Anarchist Flag Smashers they mean actual Anarchy, as in the political philosophy, but more the pop meaning of it, which means NO RULES MIGHT MAKES RIGHT Mad Max style stuff.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I doubt when they say Anarchist Flag Smashers they mean actual Anarchy, as in the political philosophy, but more the pop meaning of it, which means NO RULES MIGHT MAKES RIGHT Mad Max style stuff.
Ah! Libertarianism.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

So wait, if Flag Smashers are ancaps and US Agent ends up being a chuddy rear end in a top hat wrapping himself in the flag like Ultimate Cap...If Falcon and Winter Soldier spend the series beating up libertarians and alt-right shitheads it will be the greatest television show ever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

Keanu is exactly who Sony would pick to be Kraven. Because it's completely wrong.

Just like their Spider-man casting.

:frogc00l:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lager posted:

So wait, if Flag Smashers are ancaps and US Agent ends up being a chuddy rear end in a top hat wrapping himself in the flag like Ultimate Cap...If Falcon and Winter Soldier spend the series beating up libertarians and alt-right shitheads it will be the greatest television show ever.

I too want the falcon and the winter soldier to beat up the fbi and cia.

Edit: the flag smashers are going to be controlled by some made up eastern European country who is a stand in for russia.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 9, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Just like their Spider-man casting.

:frogc00l:

Took them three times and an MCU partnership to get that one right.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just want to know if someone will say all flags matter

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr Hootington posted:

I too want the falcon and the winter soldier to beat up the fbi and cia.

Edit: the flag smashers are going to be controlled by some made up eastern European country who is a stand in for russia.

I mean it'll probably be Zemo pulling the strings so does rogue operative from a made up Eastern European country count?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zemo is going to end all superheros by beginning a number of social programs to end war and poverty and coming up with clean water solutions and green energy tech.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 9, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Zemo is going to end all superheros by beginning a number of social programs to end war and poverty and coming up with clean water solutions and green energy tech.

It would be incredible if zemo's plan is to liberate avengers technology to be given to the proletariat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think this guy was in resident evil

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1359174368912412675?s=19

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Ooh less colors means more serious.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess I’ll take it over the dumb gangster version

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
bold of Snyder to keep him in the movie even after Evan Rachel Wood and those other women came forward

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

theironjef posted:

more serious.

I don't get how taking a subject seriously, no matter how childish you think the subject is, is a bad thing. He had the same ethos for Owls of Gahoole. You sound really sad putting down what you like to insult someone else. And it's just a picture, the movie will be in color.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 9, 2021

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

DC crossing over with ringu, but I ain’t watching till they bring in the grudge.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's just Jared Leto on a normal day off

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

bold of Snyder to keep him in the movie even after Evan Rachel Wood and those other women came forward

Did you confuse Manson with Leto or something?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

quote:

“The cool thing about the scene is that it’s Joker talking directly to Batman about Batman,” Snyder told Vanity Fair. “It’s Joker analyzing Batman about who he is and what he is. That’s the thing I also felt like fans deserved from the DC Universe. That is to say, the Jared Leto Joker and the Ben Affleck Batman, they never really got together. It seemed uncool to me that we would make it all the way through this incarnation of Batman and Joker without seeing them come together.”

So basically, the same scene from The Dark Knight, but darker

also, LOL:

quote:

Snyder wouldn’t elucidate on why the Joker’s missing his literal body of work but did add that aside from the medical smock he’s wearing, the Joker’s costume includes a bulletproof vest filled with the badges of cops he’s killed, so make of that what you will.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

McCloud posted:

The joke is unnecessary since leto was outed a while ago but they're both scum

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

McCloud posted:

-_-

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I forget if they're ignoring the original Suicide Squad movie or not. Is this a new interpretation of the Joker that just HAD to be added to Snyder League, that just HAD to be played by Jared Leto, or is this continuing off of Suicide Squad and Leto's Joker just scribbled tattoos on himself and wore a grill because he thought it was funny?

I kinda prefer the latter. I like the idea of Joker going for the long con.

Edit: I guess this IS Suicide Squad Joker after all. If they actually go with him being like "I thought it'd be funny." I will unironically love that version of Joker now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's better than the Suicide Squad version but it's still bad. It looks like a cheap, bad version of Morrison's devil joker.

E: right down to the bloody lips.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 9, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m really skeptical that anyone will top Ledger Joker or Phoenix Joker

Especially Jared Leto

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

When I think about classic barrel chest bronze age soviet machismo Kraven, or the modern self aware version of that guy like in Squirrel Girl, I don't know how this works

When I think about kind of haunted, crazy Kraven with half a death wish, the logical progression from Last Hunt and the one that showed up in the Gauntlet, and then juxtapose him with like the villain from Man of Tai Chi, I think it might work

"You owe me a life"

I don't know how serious I'll be able to take it, but it will be fun as I personally understand the word

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m really skeptical that anyone will top Ledger Joker or Phoenix Joker

Especially Jared Leto

I'm still partial to the Cesar Romero Joker. I think the simplicity of the make-up really works in his favor. Really ups the creepiness. Like, if I knew nothing about the character or actor, and someone showed me this picture and said "This man murdered two dozen people", I'd think "Yep, that sounds about right

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I wish we’d get back to the Romero/Hammil “guy who robs banks and is incidentally also kind of unhinged” Joker because I think Ledger and Phoenix have mined what there is to be mined from the “hosed up insane” corner of the jokerspace.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IT'S STIIIIIIIIING!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
RIP Nimona movie :(

https://deadline.com/2021/02/blue-sky-studios-closing-disney-ice-age-franchise-animation-1234690310/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I wish we’d get back to the Romero/Hammil “guy who robs banks and is incidentally also kind of unhinged” Joker because I think Ledger and Phoenix have mined what there is to be mined from the “hosed up insane” corner of the jokerspace.

There's the Harley Quinn cartoon series Joker who is mostly just a huge rear end in a top hat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The central thesis of the Ledger Joker has been proven correct. He is not insane.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. And honestly I kinda dug the on-paper concept for Ayer's cartel Joker after Ledger did his chaos demon Joker thing, it seemed like a nice idea to do the Joker as a guy who looks like a clown but does crime. The character design was a bit tryhard and attaching it to Leto was just no, but on paper the idea of the Joker as a kingpin who tools around Vice City in his purple Lambo is refreshing after the comics and movies spent so much time building him into this elemental force of chaotic evil.

Ah well, maybe somebody.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I want the Joker to get back to his 'clown-themed gang leader who's kind of crazy' roots so bad. DC as a whole has gotten everything they can out of every possible version of a darker or more 'mature' Joker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

IT'S STIIIIIIIIING!

Leto's only appearance in the film will be him staring at Batman from the rafters 11 separate times. But he won't actually do anything.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I would be thrilled if we could put that Joker back in the box, but I don't think it's possible.

Granted I also like boy scout Superman and he definitely isn't going to be replacing red glowing eye Superman any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Probably the first and only instance of Disney using their powers for good instead of evil.