Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Xaintrailles posted:

drat, you're right. I think it might be Nathen's biggest business mistake yet, to licence Scooby Doo and not use that to launch an all-Velma strip club.

Scooby's snaccs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Not sure if I should be surprised that the guy who made the decision to start a Garfield restaurant, when that restaurant fails, comes to the conclusion that the problem was the choice of cartoon mascot.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Bright Bart posted:

Not sure if I should be surprised that the guy who made the decision to start a Garfield restaurant, when that restaurant fails, comes to the conclusion that the problem was the choice of cartoon mascot.

eat along with the snorks.

naughty joystick
Jun 6, 2011
I love that there’s six photos of the package and not one of the actual food

Also one serving is 83.5% of your daily recommended saturated fat

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Apparently he can't afford something basic like grammarly to pump out sentences in English.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"5 layers of Garfield secret bolognese" implies something slightly different that "Garfield's" would

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gomi Day posted:

eat along with the snorks.

The Smurfs are getting a CG TV series reboot soon so I'm sure someone at Warner has already thought "We have these off-brand Smurfs here, can't we do something with them?"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ErrEff posted:

The Smurfs are getting a CG TV series reboot soon so I'm sure someone at Warner has already thought "We have these off-brand Smurfs here, can't we do something with them?"

I hope that both of these cartoons end up having major attitude ::c00l:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's coming. Will YOU be the lucky one to win 12 lasagnas?

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1358940921447018504

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
no

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tato posted:

those poor people in the video

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
COVID COVID COVID

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Any day now Jeffery will announce an affiliation with Garfield Eats; Something Gawful is right around the corner mark my words.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tato posted:

IS he making fun of himself or does he... this guy is so delusional I have no idea what is going on. At times I start to wonder if this is like an Andy Kaufman type thing but then his book is so bad. But it's soooooo bad. Like maybe so bad it's good? Or just bad.

Schroedingers self-absorbed fail-son: Nathen Mazri

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

Yikes. I wonder if he made and edited the video himself, or he hired out. It's mocking him, but the guy is so delusional that he might think that it makes him look good. Like the end of the episode of The Simpsons when Marge painted Mr. Burns naked, when he thanks Marge for not mocking him, and she murmers that she thought she did.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wait, so is there a full video somewhere?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Count me in as being befuddled

Shouldn’t they be telling us what platform to watch this on in 5 days?

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
A series of instagram stories.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I think he's trying to do a semi-self-aware, turn into the skid kind of thing and portray himself as a lovely boss like The Office?

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1357720741664460801?s=20

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1358918049273888769?s=20

Nickelodeon and Warner Bros endorse this

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Frozen lasagna sales are so good that we are giving away 12 of them for free

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Everything must go!

No really, get it out of here!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tato posted:

I think he's trying to do a semi-self-aware, turn into the skid kind of thing and portray himself as a lovely boss like The Office?

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1357720741664460801?s=20

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1358918049273888769?s=20

Nickelodeon and Warner Bros endorse this

Ugh this is worse than when Tommy Wiseau tried to intentionally do comedy because at least he has that voice and that face.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I uh

huh

I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and

this is like that lady that shot up youtube, but more corporate

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

I uh

huh

I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and

this is like that lady that shot up youtube, but more corporate

Are you not entergaged?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Guys its up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9Q3PQH_nQ

quote:

Garfield and Nathen are on a mission to save the , not the planet, but start
ups !
Love me, feed me, don’t leave project follows a young Canadian
entrepreneur, Nathen Marri, as he grows his catty idea from his father’s attic
into a revolutionary quick mobile restaurant (QMR) app, GarfieldEATS App,
into North America’s most anticipated restaurant for the pop icon Garfield
with over 200 million fans worldwide and $340 million in box office. The
struggle and burden to pay the month’s end rent, labour , electricity until sales pick up or not, in an unempathetic world is the cause for many failing
business and start-ups. Nathen knows how it feels as a young entrepreneur as he is constantly in a battle with everyone, solving problems
with landlords, vendors, app developers, pizza robot engineers, and even
customers making GarfieldEATS survival difficult, all caught on camera. Entergagingly dramatic ! Money talks for a cat to walk!

Nathen is an atomic ticking bomb, hilarious, bold and hungry for success! He
is so much fun to watch and learn from as he takes us also on a self discovery filled with life lessons for an upward life change and positive manifestation according to his new self-help book Arabiolosis.Yes, he is also an author! It is entertainingly informative & self-awakening for young men and women to learn what it take sin this digital era.

'Love Me, Feed Me, Don’t Leave Me with Nathen Mazri’ is a guerrilla reality show/experimental art project by Howard Duff Gordon.
It follows business impresario and 'King of Licensing’ sensation Nathen Mazri as he inspires his staff, and manifests his destiny one revolutionary restaurant at a time.

Starring Nathen Mazri
Produced/Directed/Shot/Edited by Howard Duff Gordon
Song composed by MH Studios
GarfieldEATS is an official licensee of Nickelodeon.

True fans have tweet notifications turned on

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I try to watch pieces and it burns me like touching a stove.

Does his poor employee ever actually get to talk

Michelle are you going to school? Do you really need to go to school?

Vessel From Denny
Nov 20, 2007
I actually gasped at the screen when nathen asks his black employee what he thinks of BLM, tells him he doesnt see color, and then has the most awkward fist bump ive ever seen. This thread rules

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

That “documentary” is a travesty and it looks like episode 2 will be even worse

I love it

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Oh my god I didn't think my opinion of Nathen could sink further but here we are

The fact I know his name at all is a scathing indictment of capitalism

e: I can't wait for episode 2

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

AdmiralViscen posted:

Guys its up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9Q3PQH_nQ

True fans have tweet notifications turned on

I wonder what Nathan thinks of this

Cus it's very clearly edited to show Nathan in a very negative light. There's tons of small editing techniques to make him look idiotic or like an rear end in a top hat. He obviously approved of this video, or he wouldn't have posted it. So is he in on it, and is trying to play up that aspect? Does he know people on the internet laugh at him so now he's trying to lean into it like Tommy Wiseau did? Is he so stupid that he doesn't realize this makes him look like a monster, and thinks it's glorifying him?

I'm leaning towards the last one but I'm honestly not sure

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I'm sure he's playing it up for the camera, but I'm also fairly confident he's a nightmare IRL as well.

I hope those employees get compensated for these videos, but we all know how likely that is.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I'm leaning toward he's playing it up in a very misguided attempt to come off as an eccentric, goofy "genius", but even then, only an extremely lovely person would think people would enjoy seeing someone act like this.

There's so much to unpack here. Holy poo poo. Lol that people wanted this thread closed.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

He definitely puts on a show whenever a camera is on him, but remember that the show he's putting on is for his benefit, to be seen as someone he feels is fun and likable. What I'm getting at is, being a Garfield Eats employee is to know what it's like being around Nathen when he's not concerned about how he's coming off to others.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
So there are more episodes of this? I guess if the network pitches have failed you might as well release the rest of the failed show.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Someday someone from Nickelodeon is gonna look in on this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Starting to think this guy might be a narcissist...

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

quote:

"pizza robot engineers"
"customers making GarfieldEATS survival difficult"
"Nathen is an atomic ticking bomb"

AND SOME OF YOU DINKS ACTUALLY WANTED THIS THREAD CLOSED?!?!?! YOU WANTED TO MISS THIS?!

poo poo, now I'm hoping they make another Garfield cartoon with at least one episode featuring a Nathen analogue and taking the piss out of him, just like how Sonic Boom actually had an episode based around awful and obsessive Sonic fans who the writers took shots at.

(Or make the Nathen-cypher a recurring antagonist for Garfield like Binky the Clown was in the 90s Garf-toon.)

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

There's so much to unpack here. Holy poo poo. Lol that people wanted this thread closed.

Rock solid post-and-username combo!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Lotta Nathen in my feeds today.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004