Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/SavageJoyMarie1/status/1359209028962963460

In retrospect punching Faiz was actually good but it still makes me really mad that this is happening and nothing will stop it

wow they owned her. well not really since she’ll obviously be confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1358952543309725696

they couldn't tell you HOW exactly, but

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Joe Biden is an old bitch that owes me some loving money.

His gang of dumbfucks, the Democrat party, and the sickos who enable their immoral excesses are going straight to hell.

The succ zone needs to come back

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Egg Moron posted:

Joe Biden is an old bitch that owes me some loving money.

His gang of dumbfucks, the Democrat party, and the sickos who enable their immoral excesses are going straight to hell.

The succ zone needs to come back

I'm sorry, this kind of negativity is forbidden in the Good Zone

Please reframe your post as positively as possible

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm just posting succ here

The succ's gotta go SOMEwhere and if there's not a zone to put it in I'll put it in another zone

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

As a nation we have more dignity. We've replaced an unhealthy, angry, confused, racist, vulgar rapist, with with someone that isn't vulgar.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

The succ's gotta go SOMEwhere and if there's not a zone to put it in I'll put it in another zone

Threads exist in a maketplace and compete for posts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Some threads specialize in emptyquotes, to serve the market for emptyquoters.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm sorry, this kind of negativity is forbidden in the Good Zone

Please reframe your post as positively as possible

Joe Biden is a girlboss that owes me some loving money, lmao, but whatever

His gang of achievers, the Democrat[ic] party, and the strivers who enable their moderate compromises are going straight to where the tough decisions are made.

The succ zone needs to never come back

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Some threads rely on rentseeking. Those threads depend on interference to ensure that no competitors spring up and they can have a monopoly on posts.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Is that tweet showing as limited now or did I get blocked by them?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Egg Moron posted:

Joe Biden is a girlboss that owes me some loving money, lmao, but whatever

His gang of achievers, the Democrat[ic] party, and the strivers who enable their moderate compromises are going straight to where the tough decisions are made.

The succ zone needs to never come back

See don't you feel better now that you were positive instead of negative?

lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zurtilik posted:

Is that tweet showing as limited now or did I get blocked by them?

I'm seeing it fine

Congrats

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
the democrats are good the way hunger is a good spice

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Thoguh posted:

Some threads specialize in emptyquotes, to serve the market for emptyquoters.
Not this one, though.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Gudd

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Trump Derangement Syndrome is, no loving bullshit, I say this without a shred of irony, a legitimate medical condition.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I have given myself Biden Derangement Syndrome through excessive posting, time to log off and clear my head

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I have given myself Biden Derangement Syndrome through excessive posting, time to log off and clear my head

It's Corn Popitis and it is treatable with a healthy dose of TRUMP

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

cornpop lung

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

KaptainKrunk posted:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is, no loving bullshit, I say this without a shred of irony, a legitimate medical condition.

https://twitter.com/pretendfarmer/status/1358959551450652672?s=20
https://twitter.com/CherShee1/status/1358973717855019008?s=20
https://twitter.com/MoxieRosebud/status/1358970262922792962?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the white women are not all right

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

KaptainKrunk posted:

To be fair the entire Trump admin was pretty insane. I’m detached and cynical and some of the poo poo Trump tweeted and did early on was causing some crack pinging.

Of course the response to that should be realizing our entire system is a farce with all its strings being pulled by sociopathic ghouls that are all friendly with each other and backstabbing at the same time. It’s always been impossibly dumb bullshit headed by fragile narcissists.

It takes a special kind of broken to believe in the system even more and entrust our future to the people that lost to Trump in the first place, and only barely squeaked in an EC victory because they installed a creepy senile bully in a rigged primary system.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

RasperFat posted:

To be fair the entire Trump admin was pretty insane. I’m detached and cynical and some of the poo poo Trump tweeted and did early on was causing some crack pinging.

Of course the response to that should be realizing our entire system is a farce with all its strings being pulled by sociopathic ghouls that are all friendly with each other and backstabbing at the same time. It’s always been impossibly dumb bullshit headed by fragile narcissists.

It takes a special kind of broken to believe in the system even more and entrust our future to the people that lost to Trump in the first place, and only barely squeaked in an EC victory because they installed a creepy senile bully in a rigged primary system.

Oh there's no doubt it was insane. I'd say TDS has two elements:
1) Believing that Trump was the alpha and omega of all of America's problems, and that he was foisted upon us by foreign powers or inscrutable hordes of poor racists
2) Believing that Trump was doing damage to something that was legitimate and good, less so in concrete terms but rather at the ideational or level of appearance - "he's hurt the soul of America." It's basically freaking out about the performative acts or holding Trump to a separate standard than Obama or Biden.

Post-TDS can be characterized as believing the above but also:
3) Dismissing all criticism of Democrats or Biden with "Better than Trump" or "Trump did X worse." Willfully ignoring problems and pretending everything is okay now.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

loquacius posted:

this is the [good] zone. succ is forever banned in the [good] zone.

succ tweets are now [good].

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

u just goodify your old succ posts its easy, and good

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

u just goodify your old succ posts its easy, and good
:thunk:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

Still, not all Democrats are fretting about potentially promoting Tanden. Other Senate Democrats, including Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), initially lauded Biden’s historic choice of Tanden—who would be the only woman of color to lead the agency—an approval that was echoed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and even some outside groups on the left.

woc just sticking together you cant get mad at that

sister, sister but its: liz and nee-ra!

liz studies hard and neera's the flaky one

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Feb 9, 2021

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

KaptainKrunk posted:

It absolutely, unquestionably is. I know this because my dad is going through it.

He was mostly uninterested in politics throughout his life, but like most people he got hooked on the news cycle when Trump became president. Then he retired shortly before covid hit so being home 24/7 turned him into an MSNBC addict. Like I mean that for real. He finally admitted he had a problem to me recently. He said he watches at least 8 hours of MSNBC a day, sometimes as much as 14-16 hours. It's poisoning his brain. He cannot have a normal conversation about Trump anymore. He gets visibly upset and angry and I have to change the subject. He said he started changing the channel when they show Trump because just the sight of him makes him so mad he has to go to another room to calm down. At least he finally recognizes that this is a problem and I'm trying to get him to volunteer at an animal shelter to get him out of the house.

It's hosed up. I used to think I was so lucky to not have a Fox News parent, but instead I got one with a big Trump shaped hole in his brain. Goddamn do I loving despise MSNBC.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

when you think about it, the people who would say "PRESIDENT Al Gore" were actually rather avant-garde

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol who is that fucker anyway

larry summers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

It absolutely, unquestionably is. I know this because my dad is going through it.

He was mostly uninterested in politics throughout his life, but like most people he got hooked on the news cycle when Trump became president. Then he retired shortly before covid hit so being home 24/7 turned him into an MSNBC addict. Like I mean that for real. He finally admitted he had a problem to me recently. He said he watches at least 8 hours of MSNBC a day, sometimes as much as 14-16 hours. It's poisoning his brain. He cannot have a normal conversation about Trump anymore. He gets visibly upset and angry and I have to change the subject. He said he started changing the channel when they show Trump because just the sight of him makes him so mad he has to go to another room to calm down. At least he finally recognizes that this is a problem and I'm trying to get him to volunteer at an animal shelter to get him out of the house.

It's hosed up. I used to think I was so lucky to not have a Fox News parent, but instead I got one with a big Trump shaped hole in his brain. Goddamn do I loving despise MSNBC.

Same here. Any time Trump appears on television my dad starts raging out in a way that I'm concerned would get me permabanned if I made explicit. Like the fact that Trump is even alive is nails on a chalkboard to him. It's like he literally can't even control it.

My dad doesn't watch MSNBC though; his liberal media seems to be more based around members of the liberal commentariat like Charlie Pierce or Bill Maher.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

is pepsi ok posted:

have him read some Sheldon Wolin imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

yep, its baby food for old people then they run some ads and get you to buy 400 dollar junk during the break. fox/msnbc are identical in their strategy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I noticed an error in the thread title, if the word "good" could be corrected to "NOT good" or "bad" I think it would help people find the thread easier because they might be confused by the mistake

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I noticed an error in the thread title, if the word "good" could be corrected to "NOT good" or "bad" I think it would help people find the thread easier because they might be confused by the mistake

:mods:

This is violence against democrats

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Neera sure is concerned about Republicans feelings

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Its good that democrats regard republicans wishes and feelings. Its good that this is done to spite the entirety of the left.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Its good that democrats regard republicans wishes and feelings. Its good that this is done to spite the entirety of the left.

She is the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Bootleg Trunks posted:

well it's important that she gets along with her colleagues since she will be doing their bidding so it's good she apologized