Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

sinburger posted:

USEC gets blue jeans but Bear gets a garish pirate shirt so it's really hard to say what's better. They both get flannel shirts.

These are things I care about.

pirate? cmon son https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnyashka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Most players go USEC because most players speak at least some English. I wonder if more players go BEAR in Russia and other parts of Eastern Europe.

I'm personally an American who goes BEAR, and the only Russian word I know is SUKAAAAA

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

what is the first word the scavs always shout

its like

bwanam - then suka/cyka

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Qmass posted:

what is the first word the scavs always shout

its like

bwanam - then suka/cyka

cheeki breeky

oh yeah, BWAAANAAA!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-jJ6qrh15k

this has been a good watch so far. some of it makes me sad because they're like 'SOLDIER11!!' which reminds me that they're basically civie hobos and this is a warcrime simiulator...

Bwanam means 'He's there' or something to that effect. Scav is saying 'hes there, hes there, lets get em'

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 9, 2021

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Toalpaz posted:

cheeki breeky

oh yeah, BWAAANAAA!!!!!!

this has been a good watch so far. some of it makes me sad because they're like 'SOLDIER11!!' which reminds me that they're basically civie hobos and this is a warcrime simiulator...

Bwanam means 'He's there' or something to that effect. Scav is saying 'hes there, hes there, lets get em'

Bwanam - Von On.

Literally "There He"

So basically "He's there!"

Also if you hear a Scav yell

Maslini konshelis!

He's saying "Olives are gone!" - basically that they are reloading which is handy to know...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I've been told that Cheeki Breeki is the Russian equivalent to "Ready or not here I come"

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

I've been told that Cheeki Breeki is the Russian equivalent to "Ready or not here I come"

It's a phrase from checkers when you make a good move...

Also scavs will sometimes sing first line from Gop Stop by Alexander Rosenbaum...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwTmMGU5Gw

A song about gangsters executing a cheating gf -
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/gop-stop-%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BF-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BF-gop-stophold.html

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I encounter mostly BEARs and is driving me crazy. I'm so bad at killing anyway and then if I manage to kill one it doesn't count for Friend in the West...

I'm Euro and I might have St. Petersburg and Moskau servers selected...maybe I should unselect those

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Malefitz posted:

I encounter mostly BEARs and is driving me crazy. I'm so bad at killing anyway and then if I manage to kill one it doesn't count for Friend in the West...

I'm Euro and I might have St. Petersburg and Moskau servers selected...maybe I should unselect those

Yeah I imagine RU EFT folks are pretty much all bears because they actually understand what they say. Although the scavs get all the good lines....

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

cheeki breeky

oh yeah, BWAAANAAA!!!!!!

drat, so are a bunch of these just not fully implemented? I'd love to hear more of these in-game/actually be able to do voice commands as a Scav

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

DrPop posted:

drat, so are a bunch of these just not fully implemented? I'd love to hear more of these in-game/actually be able to do voice commands as a Scav

You can do voice commands as a scav - but that'd just get you shot in the head.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Really? I thought you could only F1 Mumble. Huh.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

DrPop posted:

Really? I thought you could only F1 Mumble. Huh.

Hmm - I honestly haven't tried others - I know for sure you can F1 so maybe you're right - and if you do F1 while fighting you curse - but I assume other are there as well...

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Mumbling as a scav is great. The crown jewel is when you get the one where the really angry dude rants for like a minute straight.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
My favorite is when they go “aktay ya buggala” but I have yet to find a translation in any of the videos and obviously I’m not spelling that correctly at all.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My favorite scav line is the one where they quote some popular Russian Action Movie and it feels like the clip is a minute long though I doubt it really is.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Mumbling as a scav is great. The crown jewel is when you get the one where the really angry dude rants for like a minute straight.

https://youtu.be/5-jJ6qrh15k?t=714

i tried so hard, because i know what line you're talking about Clockwork, but couldn't hear it in the pool in the video.

Not looking forward to all this gun jamming they've recorded for...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
gunjamming is already in and has been for ages :ssh:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Stux posted:

gunjamming is already in and has been for ages :ssh:

i looked it up and apparently you have to own a gun for longer than a single raid for it to happen, so I'm happy to say it'll never be a concern for me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
guns actually have durability and you can repair them lol

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
If I remember correctly the eventual idea was that scavs will be running around with low durability guns/poor quality ammo, but I don't recall hearing anything about gun durability degrading any faster

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Stux posted:

guns actually have durability and you can repair them lol

When I was still very new to the game (pre-FIR) I bought a VSS off the flea market and when I tried to shoot a man that was killing my buddy, the gun jammed. After the fight resolved itself (my other friend managed to kill the man) I checked and the gun was near zero durability.

I have no idea how whoever I bought it from managed to get it so low. If it was a troll it was a successful one because I was... majorly loving confused.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

For a while the VSS had very low durability, I think they were testing something with the condition system. A normal raid would cost about ten percent durability and a good raid could easily take more than a quarter of your condition off.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah the VSS was such a ridiculously good gun and the low durability was supposed to be the balancing factor. Then they just nerfed it.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
Yeah that incident was two full wipes ago so that is almost certainly what was going on.

Also, just to resurrect the tactical device talk from the other day - if you want to watch someone who uses lasers super effectively, check out summit1G. Obviously he’s one of the most popular streamers period, not just in EFT, but I look at his laser use & point firing as pretty much the gold standard.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i used a laser to headshot 2 level 30-40s with full auto point fire on resort last raid so there, my single case proves its good in all cases even if everyone knows I have teh cool raspberry flavour gun and am stomping towards them.

e: It's like 2 ak's and finding bt before you die with them (40k worth of rubles in ak) vs not being able to taunt people for 4-6 months in a language you both can understand.
vvvvvv

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 10, 2021

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Stux posted:

the biggest difference between the two is that usec get english voice lines and bears get russian ones and if you pick usec youre missing out on being able to yell/ramble random russian phrases.

also i think they start with some different gear but nothing important.
Started as USEC this wipe for easier rando PMC befriending through voice lines, but switched to BEAR after 2 weeks because of the different starting gear. It's just so, so much easier for BEARs to find good ammo for their AKs on the maps, which is really helpful in the early levels.
Can't wait for Broken English BEAR voice.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

giZm posted:

Started as USEC this wipe for easier rando PMC befriending through voice lines, but switched to BEAR after 2 weeks because of the different starting gear. It's just so, so much easier for BEARs to find good ammo for their AKs on the maps, which is really helpful in the early levels.
Can't wait for Broken English BEAR voice.

Started as USEC, lost all my starting M4s before I ran out of ammunition for them, switched to AKs.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Started as USEC, so many ADARS to find it was dumb and M855 is good enough to start
never ran out of M4's since people kept donating them when taking a dirt nap, lose one gain one style

You can't take my Nato weapons from me, I don't want to use AK :colbert:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Toalpaz posted:

i used a laser to headshot 2 level 30-40s with full auto point fire on resort last raid so there, my single case proves its good in all cases even if everyone knows I have teh cool raspberry flavour gun and am stomping towards them.

e: It's like 2 ak's and finding bt before you die with them (40k worth of rubles in ak) vs not being able to taunt people for 4-6 months in a language you both can understand.
vvvvvv

its funnier to taunt people in a language i cannot understand imo

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

When we play scavs as a group my friend likes to follow one person around and keep spamming the voice commands like he's telling them a really long story.
He calls it roleplaying as the annoying coworker scav.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

https://streamable.com/lmfbh3

Always pay attention to what order you load your shotgun rounds in.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
If you're scavving in a group and not all constantly hitting f1 for random voice lines, I honestly don't know what's wrong with you.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
This game is a rollercoaster. I'm a new player, had it like a week and I've been mad as hell about my purchase too many times to count. Untill today I had only managed to extract once as PMC and only survived on customs scav runs.

That was until I did the gold watch mission on customs today. And accidentally ran into a scav boss that dropped the DT MDR and while heading for extract, got the drop on a PMC with a loving bitcoin. I extracted and now i loving love this game!

Trump fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 10, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
tarkov takes, but when it gives!! oh!!! molto bene!!!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Welcome to Tarkov buddy. The rage inducing moments will come less and less over time, until eventually you're just playing with a jaded sense of low-level anxiety at all times, punctuated by the occasional jump scare (this is a horror game, don't listen to anyone who says different) and the occasional elation when you make a big score.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

how did they nerf the vss??? I was never super into using it, so I haven't followed that closely but I've definitely seen less and less of them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Toalpaz posted:

how did they nerf the vss??? I was never super into using it, so I haven't followed that closely but I've definitely seen less and less of them.

They upped the recoil on the VSS and VAL, but I think they rolled it back a little bit recently.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Trump posted:

This game is a rollercoaster. I'm a new player, had it like a week and I've been mad as hell about my purchase too many times to count. Untill today I had only managed to extract once as PMC and only survived on customs scav runs.

That was until I did the gold watch mission on customs today. And accidentally ran into a scav boss that dropped the DT MDR and while heading for extract, got the drop on a PMC with a loving bitcoin. I extracted and now i loving love this game!

the highs are incredibly high, and the lows are frequent ;)

Inspector_666 posted:

They upped the recoil on the VSS and VAL, but I think they rolled it back a little bit recently.

Toalpaz posted:

that, and they adjusted some of the trades and pricing of the weapons/parts/ammo to make them more expensive to run (i.e. plier trade for 30 round magazines, which were always the major cost of running the 9x39 guns vs other platforms, went from 3->4), and at one point nerfed 9x39 damage/pen a bit (though I believe some of that has been reverted)

that alone wouldn't have been enough to get people to stop running them, but in conjunction with the (significant) recoil changes it did change them from the almost unequivocally best option to merely one very good option among several

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah they've gone from full-auto laser death machines (that's the Vector now) to more precision 1-2 round burst type of things. They'll still gently caress poo poo up at closer ranges.