Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Cubone posted:

it's kind of surprising how much donut county sucks because it's a katamari rip-off and katamari owns, but everything that works in katamari just doesn't work in donut county
the levels are too small, there's not enough stuff in them, and just on a basic level it doesn't make sense because why would a hole get bigger when you put stuff in it?

in katamari, there's a great sense of progression because stuff that blocks your way (or is literally the ground you walk on) eventually you're rolling up into your cute growing chaos ball. you can't block a hole in the ground

and it's non-linear- it's thrilling when you get your katamari big enough to pick up traffic cones right when you're at a big line of traffic cones, you feel like you're nailing it.
donut county, if it's not time for you to collect that yet, you just don't collect it and find something you can, and it's just like rock -> bigger rock -> bigger rock -> oh the level's over

I give indie games a lot of leeway, but at some point I just had to admit I wasn't having fun

yeah katamari's especially fun because you are constantly taking revenge on things that used to kick you around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hey Chief posted:

Is Obra Dinn the best puzzle game? If there's anything even close to it, I want to play it.

2. Stacking.
Cute, has some of that Double Fine writing and visual design that makes Psychonauts a classic, but the puzzles are kid's fare. Most likely literally for kids?
3. Armored Warriors (co-op)
This is a blast. Every pick-up is fun. Definitely play this together with someone (or -two) else.

It's the best one I've played for sure and would def listen to anyone who has recs of similar stuff as opposed to the myst style you pulled a lever, good for you.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Hermione:Its SaGa, not saga.

HeRmIoNe: It's SaGa, NoT sAgA

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i havent played Hermione:Its SaGa yet

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

missed my window to troll arf in the three seconds he gets beween cspam probs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Fungah! posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X
3. Still There (all achieves)
4. Yakuza 7 (all substories)
5. Paradise Killer
6. Awesome Pea

It's an ultra basic platformer that takes an hour to 100%, which is fine because I needed a palate cleanser since I had taken on too many long games and hadn't completed any of them. It's not terrible, it was kinda like an above average mario maker world. I had fun.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3. Joe & Mac (SNES) normal 1cc

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

5. project diva mega mix
i cleared all the songs from the main game and dlc pack 1 on hard mode, which im counting as beating.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
8. Infamous: Gods Among Us (Story Mode Clear, Medium)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

piczle cross adventure

nice little picross game. i mostly played it to put off work.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

EmmyOk posted:

It's the best one I've played for sure and would def listen to anyone who has recs of similar stuff as opposed to the myst style you pulled a lever, good for you.

I played Her Story straight after it and while it's not exactly the same, it does have the ideas of pulling information from lots of sources together to make deductions.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i bought obra dinn this morning and finished it this evening, drat what a kick rear end game

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pathologic 2 - Incredible game. Reminds me a lot of morrowind in that you're exploring a completely alien culture and have to piece together a lot of things by yourself through dialogue and context clues. Good poo poo, get the feeling I've missed a lot of content though, so I'll replay it pretty soon.

I really hope they get to make the other 2 characters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dongicus posted:

Pathologic 2 - Incredible game. Reminds me a lot of morrowind in that you're exploring a completely alien culture and have to piece together a lot of things by yourself through dialogue and context clues. Good poo poo, get the feeling I've missed a lot of content though, so I'll replay it pretty soon.

What did you play on? I have it on PC and PS4 Pro because I thought the latter would help with the loading but it's like 10 seconds moving between each part of town on PS4. My PC is worse but maybe if I drop the graphics way down. Dropped it for other stuff at the time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Epilogue complete

I didn't know there was an epilogue when I played it last year so I decided to play it again and be a bit more thorough with my extra building projects. It was fun a second time too!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongicus posted:

think about this game on a weekly basis since I played it last year. it's such a great experience, and yeah, one of those games where I couldn't even tell how much of anything I was doing was something somebody else even came across bc of how open the path to the finale is.

my favorite character was grace, the graveyard caretaker driven insane by the pile of plague corpses. i don't know if you ever even really have to interact with her but I checked in every day to try to keep her psyche intact. stuff like that sticks with me and it's basically mechanically pointless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also liked stopping by the nutshell bc I fixed a lamp for the kids there and I wanted to see if the lightbulb kept working until the final day.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

What did you play on? I have it on PC and PS4 Pro because I thought the latter would help with the loading but it's like 10 seconds moving between each part of town on PS4. My PC is worse but maybe if I drop the graphics way down. Dropped it for other stuff at the time

Oh I definitely recommend playing it on PC and installing it to a SSD if u have one. By all accounts the performance for the base ps4 is cyberpunk tier, dunno about the pro tho.

plus i think only pc got like any patches/optimisation

In Training posted:

think about this game on a weekly basis since I played it last year. it's such a great experience, and yeah, one of those games where I couldn't even tell how much of anything I was doing was something somebody else even came across bc of how open the path to the finale is.

my favorite character was grace, the graveyard caretaker driven insane by the pile of plague corpses. i don't know if you ever even really have to interact with her but I checked in every day to try to keep her psyche intact. stuff like that sticks with me and it's basically mechanically pointless.

i really liked the quest you could do for lara with the water barrels where the solution is to just ignore it because if you follow it through you infect the district way early. and if u tell dankovsky the prick has all the water barrels destroyed. some times its just better to do nothing.

my heart loving dropped when "the day when the plague stopped playing to lose" hit and all the loving kids got infected

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 12, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Tatsujin Ou New Version (1-ALL 1CC) - video

Is it in poor taste to include your own romhack on a games beat list

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

not unilt you giet the credits you cant

ok i beat hades now. i didn’t realize at some point i turned the music off for some reason so the credits were just silent instead of whatever chill song orpheus and eurydice were singing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat the hit megawad valiant which was very good. thanks. not too hard to pistol start uv all the levels EVEN the secret map 32 with 1600 monsters. the custom monsters were cool and the new weapon the super chaingun was epic. IT also had 0 icon of sin levels and has probably the best doom last boss ever since its just a pissed off red archvile. thanks. i hoipe skillsaw makes another big wad some day since valiant and ancient aliens are amazeballs.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)

Next is probably Control

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)

6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)

This game sucked

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
Middle Earth: Shadow of War

The nemesis system is cool and does a great job of making orc captains varied and interesting.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

WEEDCAT posted:

The nemesis system is cool and does a great job of making orc captains varied and interesting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WEEDCAT posted:

Love to fight an orc named Jezub who has a poison sword and fire axe that differentiates him from an orc named Jebuz who has a fire sword and poison axe. The gameplay is emerging.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Love to fight an orc named Jezub who has a poison sword and fire axe that differentiates him from an orc named Jebuz who has a fire sword and poison axe. The gameplay is emerging.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the nemesis system never seemed that cool to me because I never got any of the revenge mechanics or recurring dudes
I think maybe because all I did was kill them (but like... why wouldn't I???)
it was just this endlessly replenishing chessboard of orc boys that the game would say were "enraged by spiders" or "flatulent" or whatever. idk dude seems to me like they all die the same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WEEDCAT posted:

Ima try that soon. I installed that sweet rear end recently to test the new RAM.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Yakuza 0 story, still gonna play more substories.

Hitman 1-3 story, still gonna play a bunch of this too obv

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cubone posted:

the nemesis system never seemed that cool to me because I never got any of the revenge mechanics or recurring dudes
I think maybe because all I did was kill them (but like... why wouldn't I???)
it was just this endlessly replenishing chessboard of orc boys that the game would say were "enraged by spiders" or "flatulent" or whatever. idk dude seems to me like they all die the same
I had a good experience with the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor, the first time I played it. But it's too easy after that first playthrough, and Shadow of War is way too long and aimless, for it to do much that's interesting.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami

This game was great. not as good as 0, but I really think you will lose a lot of context/feels if you skip 0 before playing this. 4/5.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

3. Picross S4: forgot to log this a while back. It’s Picross so you know it’s good.

4. Yakuza Kiwami 2: Finally decided to finish this off. Just barely behind 0 in my opinion but I have 5 more games to play! Sad it’s over

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This poo poo is 12 loving pages already? What the gently caress.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

This poo poo is 12 loving pages already? What the gently caress.

trying to jack off posted:

*starting to smile slightly at knuc* reserved 2

Wormskull posted:

Oops. Almost forgot to reserve this rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

😠

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:grin: