Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Stefan Prodan posted:

well I don't know why they would be baffled by his connection loving up, like there's just no way Ron would ask him a question about Denzel Washington and he would simply say "Washington" and then 3 seconds later insist he had said a full sentence, imo, I think his audio was just cutting out

Just reading this had me cracking up because I immediately thought of the "Paul-O is on your Side" bit of the Faildozer saga. All that dead air. :laffo:

(Timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9uoAUqz_aU&t=1194s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

well I don't know why they would be baffled by his connection loving up, like there's just no way Ron would ask him a question about Denzel Washington and he would simply say "Washington" and then 3 seconds later insist he had said a full sentence, imo, I think his audio was just cutting out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xNKv6lqDY&t=98s

Stotty fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 28, 2021

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Oh I know he does dead air, I just can't imagine like doing dead air and then having what sound like the end of sentences afterwards and then insist you said those sentences unless you think he's like just imagining saying the first part and only finishing out loud which I guess is...possible, but seems weird he's never done it in the studio then, only on the phone

I know about these other instances, I think the fact that they happened are what's (reasonably) making people think he's just doing weird poo poo this time, but I dunno, that's just not what it seems like to me

I guess I can see why people would think it's real tho, fair enough

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earl is the new Fez, right down to pointing out how he will "lock up".

"What does your family think you do for a living?"
"They know I work in radio..."
Earl, you've been doing this for how many years?

"Have you ever performed cunnilingus on a woman?"
"No, I have not" says the ~45 year old man.

He's so fascinating and bizarre and I'm digging him as the heel whether it's a work or not.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I really wonder what Earl's deal is that he doesn't understand no one cares that he doesn't do the job he was hired for and only exists to get pantsed on the air.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Good morning. Sunday Morning

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Smugworth posted:

He's so fascinating and bizarre and I'm digging him as the heel whether it's a work or not.

I'll take him as the heel, but I think I hate Earl when he's trying to earnestly be on the show. Everything he says is dumb and his jokes are awful. I think he brings down the quality of the show as he constantly brings any momentum to a grinding halt. Put the dude in the loony bin already and replace him immediately.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

I'm not loying, I actually couped the Myanmar government, alrioght?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Vichan posted:

I'm not loying, I actually couped the Myanmar government, alrioght?

Lol

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The Patrice documentary is done and airing next week

https://twitter.com/standup/status/1359215618558468096?s=21

Apparently the uncensored version will be available on CCs website the next day

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They must have forgotten to include the Opester's comments in the trailer.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://newrepublic.com/article/161200/alt-right-comedy-gavin-mcinnes-problem

I thought they would probably mention OnA in this, and this is the first paragraph lmao:

quote:

In the dark recesses of the internet lurks a man who goes by ToxicCisWhiteMaleFat. He makes his home on onaforums.net, a community named after the shock jock duo Opie & Anthonya safe space to say what cannot be said offline. Hes posted in threads like N----r hate thread #1, The K-ke Hate Thread, Juno comes out as a tranny, and OFFICIAL Post-Election Voter Fraud THREAD, where he called Joe Biden a pedophile retard whos about to die in the oval office. Elsewhere hes derided the Covid-19 vaccine, which he calls gook juice and chinky jew sauce. Last year he revealed his Twitter account, @ApevonTarskin. The username matches a commenter on Thought Catalog, which ToxicCisWhiteMaleFat has said he trolled after it retracted a transphobic essay by Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes. His contributions there were more of the same. Under a 2015 post titled When You Love The Chase, he once commented, There is not a more despicable human on this earth than a fat white n----r fucker. Get an AIDS test. You have it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

big boi posted:

I thought they would probably mention OnA in this, and this is the first paragraph lmao:

Hey don't skip this article, it's pretty wild. I had no idea the Stand was so mixed up in this shitstain of a scene.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

Hey don't skip this article, it's pretty wild. I had no idea the Stand was so mixed up in this shitstain of a scene.

wow me either

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Lmao O&A was instrumental in the rebirth of fascism into the American mainstream

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Sheen Sheen posted:

Lmao O&A was instrumental in the rebirth of fascism into the American mainstream

Now we know what the Virus was

(white nationalism)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

quote:

The harassment died down by the end of November, when I received an email from a mole within the forum. They described themselves as an Opie fan sick of the racist Anthony fans tarnishing Opies legacy.

Gregg Hughes blows whistle on Proud Boys (who else would describe themselves as an Opie fan?)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

Gregg Hughes blows whistle on Proud Boys (who else would describe themselves as an Opie fan?)

lmao man it's very funny that opie is such a lovely nobody that I feel like this is better than 50/50 to be the case

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

oldskool posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't think of that when I read the article, but I 100% believe this to be the case.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

oldskool posted:

lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

oldskool posted:

The Destroyer strikes again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

big boi posted:

Sorry I don't read articles written by sex pests OR bird poets

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Opie is too dumb to take screenshots and contact journalists.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Man the parade of O&A standup comic regulars was a real whos who of White Guys who Openly Say the N-word

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
One of the proud boys named in the Impeachment was said to be also known as Spaz.

Any chance thats the Spaz we know from WNEW?

The one that had sex with opie's girlfriend?

(I didnt read the article)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
You have your stories mixed up. Spaz got blown by Anthonys girlfriend. Bam Margera had sex with Opies wife.

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
Bam, c'mon, Bam, I got werk in the mornin' I don't wanna get sunked off

yer gettin' shoe polish all over my dunk

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Listening to Ron bennington I always kind of thought of that group as the "new york comedy scene", but I realize now it's just a very specific and lovely strain of the new york comedy scene. And Ron sure pals around with shitbags huh

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

Listening to Ron bennington I always kind of thought of that group as the "new york comedy scene", but I realize now it's just a very specific and lovely strain of the new york comedy scene. And Ron sure pals around with shitbags huh

it's still wild to me that gail goes along with the idea of nick dipaolo being funny, that guy is so bad lol

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't think of that when I read the article, but I 100% believe this to be the case.

Or it could be one of the O&A fans that assisted with Ant's firing by posting all the lovely racial rants he did after Obama won on that Fourth of July Weekend. Honestly, I would hope this is the case: while there's always a lovely undercurrent to O&A's humor, there was a lot of genuine hilarity I found from it that I felt outweighed it for the most part. As time passes, however, I realize this is probably not the case and I've been very, very delusional.

On the other hand, I imagine Opie is the one who comes out of this the cleanest. Yeah, he doesn't have a career anymore, but then again he's free of the madness he helped create and forment. At the very least now his narrative can be 'I ditched the racist in the midst for what good it did me' and now can go on and do whatever he wants with his millions. Good on him, I guess. But holy poo poo that article did not take any prisoners. Even Jimmy got a bit of it. That's probably why his show right now on Sirius is so muted: he saw this all break out into right-wing terrorist central and decided to bow out as much as he could.

Ant really has fallen. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Ron should probably start breaking some ties as well and stick with Bennington as it stands. There's no redemption here for anybody connected with Compound Media. Hell, I'm even starting to think that the Bonfire getting cancelled might have been a good thing as well since it frees Dan Soder from Big Jay a bit since he's also caught up in this whole sad mess.

Stefan Prodan posted:

it's still wild to me that gail goes along with the idea of nick dipaolo being funny, that guy is so bad lol

I think she's just trying to humor Ron, to be honest. The only funny thing DiPaolo has ever done is get fired from his own show that Artie took over.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That article is a pretty good read, you should read it ya fuckin virus pest nobody

pull your hog out and get it diddled as you read

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I remember the shitshow that Cumia got into in 2014 with assaulting a black woman. Gawker covered it and for the new few days, Cumia fans spammed graphic images and GIFs in the comments, which eventually lead to the change in Gawker Media's comment section that would gray out unpopular comments.

The memory of Adrian Chen posting about pizza and someone commenting with the eyefuck scene from A Serbian Film has been burned into my head.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Hell, I'm even starting to think that the Bonfire getting cancelled might have been a good thing as well since it frees Dan Soder from Big Jay a bit since he's also caught up in this whole sad mess.

I didn't even know,

DAAAAMN

https://youtu.be/zKdjl4kxgwY

SiriusXM has canceled a poo poo load of talk content that was probably for variety touting but wasn't that high listenership.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjvnLc3oBY

Christ, does Jimmy suck.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 11, 2021

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I never listened to Legion of Skanks or anything Luis J Gomez ever did, so I never really knew what a piece of poo poo he is, but I always liked Big Jay and I never heard him say anything objectionable, so it kinda sucks to see him at the epicenter of this. Like mentioned above, I hope people like Dan Soder and The Benningtons can somehow extricate themselves from all this, but their careers and identities are so wrapped up with these people I dont see how they can

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Lucky Louie loving sucked. Like, I didnt laugh once while watching it. One of the worst shows Ive ever seen and at the time it aired I really liked pretty much everyone in it

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 11, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kevyn posted:

You have your stories mixed up. Spaz got blown by Anthonys girlfriend. Bam Margera had sex with Opies wife.

Anthony is obviously worse considering he brought like a 15 year old to his 40 year high school reunion but it was funny finding out fairly recently that Opie's wife was like 22 and he was twice her age when they met or got married or whatever.

Vichan posted:

Christ, does Jimmy suck.

One of the best examples of dishing it out but being unable to take it.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 11, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I stopped listening when Obama and Occupy absolutely broke Anthony's brain but have kept up with the drama over the years. I had no idea the rabbithole went this deep. :stare:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

T Bowl posted:

I didn't even know,

DAAAAMN

https://youtu.be/zKdjl4kxgwY

SiriusXM has canceled a poo poo load of talk content that was probably for variety touting but wasn't that high listenership.

Yeah, it kinda flew under the radar. Oddly enough, Soder said that Comedy Central and Sirius came to some terms about renewing The Bonfire but were dragging their heels on it. I wonder if this expose was the real reason. Because up until that announcement, Big Jay and Soder were doing something for Luis called 'The Orphan Tapes' right up until Soder got Covid and went into quarantine.

Sheen Sheen posted:

I never listened to Legion of Skanks or anything Luis J Gomez ever did, so I never really knew what a piece of poo poo he is, but I always liked Big Jay and I never heard him say anything objectionable, so it kinda sucks to see him at the epicenter of this. Like mentioned above, I hope people like Dan Soder and The Benningtons can somehow extricate themselves from all this, but their careers and identities are so wrapped up with these people I don’t see how they can

Yeah, I've never really heard Big Jay do anything really offensive outside of making fun of a death of some idiot who hung out a car window. With Bonfire stuff I've usually leaned towards YouTube clips of them making fun of the increasingly pathetic Corey Feldman. But this article really blew up some poo poo with some people. If Ant wasn't finished before, he sure as poo poo is now. The rest of them might be able to lay low and do a mea culpa eventually, but this whole article basically showed that Ant's really gone beyond the event horizon with his hatred. Hopefully people get their poo poo straight and run from him and Luis outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/154328129517793280

Some other comic brought up that Seth Simons conveniently left out the actual big celebrities who were buddies with Gavin McInnes, and I have to agree that's it's a pretty loving wormlike omission.