Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Has anyone else's challenge list just lost progress? I had a bunch of Encounter 4's done like 75 Legion encounters, suddenly it's now down to 63?

nvm I'm seeing this is an issue

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Traxis posted:

Hidden patch note: All challenges krangled

also, servers

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Traxis posted:

Hidden patch note: All challenges krangled

Missed my chance to screenshot "proof" i've hit level 100. :(

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i swear i dont trade that much guys, honest

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Guess I'll hold off playing for a couple hours.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

We are aware of this issue and will resolve it ASAP. Unfortunately, this likely means we'll need to rollback the PC realm to its state before the patch was deployed, meaning progress earned in that window will be lost.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

thanks ggg, i can finally sleep this week

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Still sane exile?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Aww, i only just got some time to play. GGG fix your poo poo I gotta M A P

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Too bad, the krangled challenge progression gave me 80/100 on Lab Izaro for EGG and finished Prove Your Worth. I might have actually gone for 40/40!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

dyzzy posted:

Aw, patch gave me my first level 100 ever...

(And took away all of my deadly encounters, lol)

They will have to rollback.

quote:

Bex_GGG
21 minutes ago

We are aware of this issue and will resolve it ASAP. Unfortunately, this likely means we'll need to rollback the PC realm to its state before the patch was deployed, meaning progress earned in that window will be lost. We're incredibly sorry about the inconvenience. We'll get this sorted ASAP.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vasudus why are you suing split arrow with barrage

Just wondering

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Barrage Support scales with extra projectiles very well. Split Arrow has a ton of base proj and also high flat phys.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Split Arrow + Barrage Support is basically just Barrage But Better. Currently mine machine guns 12 arrows per activation.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm really bored so I found a thread on the POE forum from when they released oba's cursed trove. It's pretty funny to see what people were complaining about before 7 years of power creep.

quote:

I hate "challenges" which "challenge" your trading-grade uber-gear or RMT-grade wallet, more than actually challenging your ability to play the game.

quote:

I still think this map is just another "let's make it impossible for poorer players" map.
DPS-check? gently caress that.
I tried it together with a friend, he CoC ST lvl 89, me Tornado Shot lvl 87.
We did not succeed, although killing quite fast (we reached lvl 76, but then the countdown started), and I count us to the higher DPS builds.
So, to beat this map, you are required to have godly items like 6L extreme dam/crit weapon and 6L armor, all 20/20 gems and so on... or any OP build that's broken anyway. Really? Great! Thank you... NOT!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's adorable to think that stuff from that long ago was actually considered challenging... :allears:

...Hall of Grandmasters can still go gently caress itself though.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Salt Fish posted:

I'm really bored so I found a thread on the POE forum from when they released oba's cursed trove. It's pretty funny to see what people were complaining about before 7 years of power creep.

This was enjoyable, thanks

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't remember Oba's Cursed Trove ever being hard, I distinctly remember being underwhelmed by it because everyone's original expectations were set by a very funny video of people in HC going blind to it and getting sort of annoyed at dying to the area that says "area becomes lethal".

With that said the area is considerably easier solo and a lot of the complaints come from people in duo/groups, and having 50% more time solo is uh, a lot. And that isn't mentioned anywhere in game.

Things that can die in a fire, though, in no particular order except 1:

1) Death and Taxes, just because I hate it.
2) Hall of Grandmasters
3) Actually every unique map, who likes doing Mao Kun or Pillars of Arun or that one where the boss runs away from melee characters at the speed of light.
4) The original Haku mission boulders insta murdering you
5) Catarina mission mobs aggroing everything on site and dying and stopping and AAAAAAAAAAAA
6) Vorici missions
7) Lab Trials
8) Not having a button to auto-dump or auto-delete all remove-only tabs

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

man vorici missions were the absolute worst

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

man vorici missions were the absolute worst

Don’t be a malcontent

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would just zone in, check if it was one of the 3 types that didnt suck rear end and if it wasnt just immediately leave. i believe i maxed out vorici twice.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Awesome! posted:

i would just zone in, check if it was one of the 3 types that didnt suck rear end and if it wasnt just immediately leave. i believe i maxed out vorici twice.

Or if I really needed him, remove your weapon and go punch the guards to death to avoid killing the exile or vice versa I forget which it was

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah vorici was terrible, but I gotta hand the all time worst thing ever to mao kun

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

Vasudus why are you suing split arrow with barrage

Split arrow has lowered his property values and he only has to pay barrage if he wins in court.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah vorici was terrible, but I gotta hand the all time worst thing ever to mao kun

Nah, Whakawhakawhaka is the worst for the reason Elentor said. Pillars is a close second.

Basically, gently caress you proximity shields.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Elentor posted:

Things that can die in a fire, though, in no particular order except 1:

I'm okay with every map that exists.
But Mao Kun.

I loving seriously hope they made the map idea's author account flagged 'only runs mao kun, regardless what map he slots into the device, it's mao kun. Conquerors? Mao Kun. Atoll? Mao Kun. MoC? MAO loving KUN YOU DUMB BITCH ENJOY YOUR loving CREATION YOU SICK BASTARD MORON'.

ps i hate pillars of arun too but i ran it on one of my earlier chars so maybe thats why it felt bad, gotta rerun.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 10, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whakawhakawhaka is the troll boss fight. That's why the funny music plays!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad everyone else also hates Bakabaka Karui.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 10, 2021

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mao Kun is just a boring slog of backtracking as you literally chase after ghosts

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
This league somehow runs worse than Delirium, and that one was pretty bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mao Kun is still faster to run than that loving movespeed proximity shield chilling frost wall snake. loving christ what a poo poo boss.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Worst map is hogm. This isn’t an argument.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Mao Kun is just a boring slog of backtracking as you literally chase after ghosts

I'm at 164/164 completion but only 163/164 awakened because I refuse to do Mao Kun again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zenithe posted:

Worst map is hogm. This isn’t an argument.
hogm is the best map because you can immediately realise from its full value of eight alchemy shards at the nearest vendor.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can't say I dislike any unique map really. Hallowed ground still gives me the chills when I'm running away from the super butcher.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Sarcastro posted:

Taking a break from work, decided to run a Grand Heist because I've largely been ignoring Heist other than the quest contracts and had saved up like 40k markers from regular play. Uh, I think I just got (potentially) the richest I've ever been? (edit: yep, sold for 43.5 ex after an hour. Hot drat, easily twice the wealth I've ever amassed in a single league with a single drop/sale.)

Holy poo poo that item is cool. Grats, man!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Dahbadu posted:

Holy poo poo that item is cool. Grats, man!

I hope the person who bought it is enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying all the exalts!

Funny that I went away for several hours just now after the servers were five minutes away from going down for a patch, then I come back just now and log in only to see that the servers are now five minutes away from shutting down for another patch. Since they broke it so badly they have to roll it back, I guess I'm glad I didn't play at all in the middle. Yikes.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
I had a headhunter randomly (I say randomly because I wasn’t expecting it to even be possible) drop on a Fortune Favors the Bold t15 Cells map after doing a ritual.

Then I got a Farruls Fur after turning in a council of cats set.

I should probably buy a lottery ticket.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Sarcastro posted:

I hope the person who bought it is enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying all the exalts!

Funny that I went away for several hours just now after the servers were five minutes away from going down for a patch, then I come back just now and log in only to see that the servers are now five minutes away from shutting down for another patch. Since they broke it so badly they have to roll it back, I guess I'm glad I didn't play at all in the middle. Yikes.

Playing in the middle was fine:

- Patched
- Uh oh poo poo borked for 10 minutes
- Servers down again
- Patch *rolled back*, those 10 minutes rolled back
- Servers back up pre-patch
- Hours of play
- Servers down now for attempt #2 at the same patch, hopefully with less krangling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally find a grove and the servers go down.