Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Yay! In my situation (which I'd rather not get into, but its more than the Standard Covid poo poo everyone else is dealing with), the optimal thing is to just stay home.

Of course, my belt has decided to fray rather severely (to the point of wondering how the gently caress it has practically disintegrated without me noticing), so I have to pay for a lyft to a store, buy a new one, and pay for a lyft back.

It's not going to kill me right now, but ten bucks says I'll need the money later on for something and I won't have it. Or, I avoid spending the money now since I don't have to go anywhere... until my belt actually gives up the ghost. Likely, during whatever I don't want a belt fraying to happen.

As if it weren't annoying as it is, I'm firmly sure there's another belt in my place... but gently caress me if I can find it.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Jan 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm in a similar situation where my house sweats are old enough now that the elastic is toast, so I'm forced to use the drawstring and I hate it. I have several other pairs of sweats I could wear but I they're not as comfy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just realized I haven't bought sweats since I was in school and I've been lacking in comfort for entirely too long. Also, I'm wondering how you accurately gauge sweats cause l, xl, etc are kinda hard to judge online.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The electricity in my neighborhood keeps going out. We had a big ice storm, which understandably knocked the power out, but it's sunny and clear now and transformers keep blowing.

This is what happens when you hire linemen for $12 an hour, guys.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This FWP has been resolved by my laziness in not unplugging the Previously Thought To Be Vanished Camera/Microphone when I last used it. Clearly, the progression of our species goes Ape, Tool-Using Primate, and Bibs Fiddling With Cords.

Completely unrelated, I guess my FWP is that I've got, like, four game launchers, all with a bunch of games... and I can't think of anything I want to play. Gah.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Jan 14, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want to buy a webcam even though I'd only be using it for therapy. My last therapist complained about my video quality a few times (Chromebook) so now I'm all weird about it but can't afford something nice.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hit slickdeals. I've seen some high def cams for as low as :10bux: on there.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14769046-1...9be81316425ac67

Look to be decent, and around the same price.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Jan 15, 2021

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My food delivery isn't very good. I mean, it's just a pepperoni pizza, so it's not like you can really gently caress it up, but evidently the Extra Cheese option really means "all the cheese in a 30 mile radius that will conjeal into a solid mass".

Also, part of me wants to play the Switch version of Animal Crossing, but it's not in "gently caress it why not" levels, price-wise.

Oh yeah, and editing to add another, I've been lazy in cleaning my dishes and stuff of late (mostly because I had been using throwaway utensils for reasons long-forgotten) long enough that I forgot I have a dual issue with my dishwasher. Run it regularly, and my glasses will invariably be translucent with the hardness of the local water. Run it by pre-washing them with dawn or whatever, and unless I thoroughly pre-wash, the dawn'll foam up my dishwasher and take half a day to drain to try again.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Jan 16, 2021

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

MisterBibs posted:

My food delivery isn't very good. I mean, it's just a pepperoni pizza, so it's not like you can really gently caress it up, but evidently the Extra Cheese option really means "all the cheese in a 30 mile radius that will conjeal into a solid mass".

My dude this is the opposite of a problem.
:goonsay:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

My dude this is the opposite of a problem.
:goonsay:

It is when it's just gross.

For content, my Dad called me over something to remind me to do it. Hit a snag, right, and literally minutes later I texted him a question about it that I need answers over, and he's not paying attention to his phone. Like, I can't do the equivalent of chores without this feedback!

Oh, and I don't know if this sounds as a first world problem, but the folks running my apartment building sent out a Sternly Worded Letter reminding us residents to not use rocks/etc to prop open building doors. Fine, except the minor detail that people are doing so due to maintenance not fixing the goddamned front door for 6 months, plus or minus.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Jan 21, 2021

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I am so goddamn sick of constantly being out of milk (I drink a lot of it), but I have to do my grocery shopping on foot and there's only so much that I can haul at once with my goony-rear end noodle arms.

I just had a couple real nice tasty sandwiches, and not being able to chug a big glass of cold milk to chase them down is actually making me distraught.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Nordick posted:

I am so goddamn sick of constantly being out of milk (I drink a lot of it), but I have to do my grocery shopping on foot and there's only so much that I can haul at once with my goony-rear end noodle arms.

I just had a couple real nice tasty sandwiches, and not being able to chug a big glass of cold milk to chase them down is actually making me distraught.

Isn’t drinking milk supposed to make you strong?
Drinking more milk will enable you to carry more milk and being able to carry more milk will mean you can drink more.
Circle of life mate.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bought a kettlebell last summer for working out at home. I want to get a heavier one so my wife can use the one I bought and we can work out together. That brand is sold out of the size that I want, but another brand does have that size. But if I buy the other brand then I'll have mismatched kettlebell styles :negative:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My city just set up their vaccination registration website, so I signed up. But I'm 33, don't work in a healthcare setting, don't have any medical issues, and quit smoking a few years ago, so I'm basically last in line.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
I just found out the 2 stage flush button on top of one of our toilet tanks was installed, rotated 180 degrees the wrong way. So due to the way the mechanism works, every flush has been a full drain of the tank. For the past 14 years.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Bought a fancy new QHD 165Hz HDR monitor.
But my old faithful 980Ti card can only do HDR over HDMI at 144Hz. It can do 165Hz over Display Port, but without the HDR :saddowns:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm disappointed in the future again. I decided to switch to an electric shaver, which I haven't used for twenty years. I was kind of excited to see what technology was new in the shaving world. Lasers? Artificial intelligence? Flying shaver drones?

Nah it's the exact same poo poo I used over two decades ago. Maybe a few sleeker shells on the things but otherwise the exact same foils. What the poo poo.

I mean I know a lot of the people who would be inventing this stuff have been siphoned off to make apps or touch computers for social media or whatever but come on.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Nordick posted:

My dude, have you heard of backpacks?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I can't seem to change my phone ring tone to Brittney Spears' inspirational classic hit, "Work Bitch." The tune and even small clips from it just aren't searchable on the ringtone app I pull notification/rings off of.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

frogge posted:

I can't seem to change my phone ring tone to Brittney Spears' inspirational classic hit, "Work Bitch." The tune and even small clips from it just aren't searchable on the ringtone app I pull notification/rings off of.
If you have a computer you can rip samples and convert formats to ringtone file formats/lengths.

I've used it to make custom ringtones years ago from a Genesis game, I never understood people using those sketchy af ringtone sites or paying for them.
I usually stick with the default android ones, but that's what I'd do if the feeling hit me.

You need a computer and cable to connect to it or a wireless way to transfer the file though.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
I just got a lot of money that a friend owed me but they gave it to me in cash and I have to go deposit it in the bank or slowly spend the cash over a couple months. What a pain in the rear end.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Scrolling through my Steam list, I felt oddly compelled to play Plant Tycoon, a plant cross-breeding game that, by rights, would be called Idle Plant Tycoon nowadays. Plant the seeds, grow the plants, cross-breed the results, repeat until you have like 5 specific plants you're supposed to get. Hell, someone even took the time to make an interactive spreadsheet so I can just list the seeds/plants I got, and it'll say "oh, you want X? just crossbreed A and B, and then B and C". Great for when I'm watching something on youtube that is pretty long; speed up time enough and each generational thing last for an hour. Cool, huh?

Not when the game is so old that the helpful spreadsheet is broken in openoffice. :( I'm not generally a spreadsheet simulator game-player in general, but man, I would be happy to spend the time figuring out where I stand, seed-wise, on a visual level.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mzuri posted:

My dude, have you heard of backpacks?

In full honesty, it has been so long since I last used a backpack that they had sort of slipped my mind as a thing that applies to me.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Amazon is getting worse and worse. The only use case is ordering the exact item you want from that exact brand.

Browsing for something is impossible now. Oh what is the best set of sheets on here? Hmm fourteen pages of the exact same chinese sheets under different names like NEEWE and HOMDER.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

If my coworkers keep leaving a mountain of dishes in the sink for me, I'm going to have to start fist fighting assholes in the parking lot or something, because God drat. I'm not washing a single one of them things today. Just going to shift them from one sink to the other. Oh you're out of piping tips? Not my problem, do your dishes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My sister, who is my housemate, asked if I smoked pot in my room. I did not, but for some reason she didn't believe me and just staunchly accused me of it, claiming it smelled just like it does when I do smoke. I don't know why it's such a big deal to her because it's not like she doesn't like it when I do that, she is perfectly okay with it. But mostly I'm just hurt that she thinks I would lie to her in the first place. She made an ordeal out of it for no reason and I am just left mystified why she thinks I would lie to her at all, let alone about something so trivial.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's because she's feeling guilty about something and projecting it onto you, if the r/relationships thread has taught me anything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe. I got out the tin and showed her that it's empty and she still didn't believe me so I think she may just be a prick. She's bipolar though so I am hurt but am not holding it against her.

edit: And I'd chalk it up to it just being that acting up but it's the first time she's ever gotten so wild about something so clearly untrue so gently caress it, :therapy: it is.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 09:50 on Feb 10, 2021

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
She might have just had a poo poo day and took it on you; still unfair, absolutely, but maybe you can talk to her about it and get a little more clarity.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In order to not make this thread about me this'll be my last post about it I promise. I did bring it up to her yesterday and asked why she was so staunch about it, and she said she'd rather belive her own sense of smell so there's really nothing to be done about it I guess! Just to make her feel better about it and patch things up I took a vacuum nozzle to the drawer and sucked up any old loose grains and stuff and she still chooses not to believe me but she at least seemed satisfied by the spring cleaning. First world problems indeed.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

Amazon is getting worse and worse. The only use case is ordering the exact item you want from that exact brand.

Browsing for something is impossible now. Oh what is the best set of sheets on here? Hmm fourteen pages of the exact same chinese sheets under different names like NEEWE and HOMDER.

Third party sellers are awful too, bought some hair clippers, saw 'tracking provided by (company)' instead of immediately getting tracking info from Amazon and got worried.

My worry increased as I saw my package making its way from Florida to California, where it was eventually 'delivered to the front door.'

I live in New York.

I'm guessing either I got the wrong tracking number or the UPS driver saw it was addressed to the other side of the country and just hurled it over a fence somewhere, hopefully I'll get a refund after the seller and Amazon finish sniffing each other's buttholes and they figure out where it is.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I forgot to check my fridge before ordering groceries. I don't need three four-packs of Red Bull. Good odds I just bought one on a "I know I'm diabetic but eh, I'll buy a four-pack of it because four drinks over how long ain't going to kill me", twice before.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Goddamn sports or whatever completely messing up my DVR’d Bob’s Burgers episodes :argh:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

This is the funniest loving thread.

My first world problem is that the aren't enough goons posting in it.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I get that the grocery stores in the rich part of town is going to have fancier stuff- that's a given.
What really rubs me is that the bananas are always ripe and ready to eat- not all green there but in my part of town they're almost always green as hell and then I'm stuck playing the "wait until they're ripe but not too long or they go bad before I can eat them all" game.

frogge has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Mar 4, 2021

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Brown bananas are the best bananas. Mix them in some porridge and add cinnamon, eat what you can, then mix the rest of your delicious banana-cinnnamon porridge with some dough and bake awesome bread or buns.

My fwp is that my wife snuck two episodes ahead of me in The Queen's Gambit and now we are out of sync and can't discuss the show. Woe is me.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Or put the bananas in the oven until the peel is completely blackened, then remove, peel, and add chocolate/cinnamon/ice cream.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My FWP is that I think I got someone fired, and frankly I'm not sure if I should feel bad.

Ordered a delivery from Doordash, and first I noticed that instead of the place I ordered from, they had supposedly got it from a different place (same store), way off comparatively. Thought it was weird, but figured I goofed or something.

Then, within minutes, it changed to Complete. Naturally, I had no app/phone alert saying "hey, come get your food". Combined with how far the deliverer had supposedly gone in terms of Different Store to Me, and how far the driver had to ho, I thought it was hosed up. Or, that the driver decided to shrug it off and eat it himself. Went to support and did the "hey I didn't get my food, and I got credit. A lot of credit, since I guess Doordash gives out a lot of money for "Hey I didn't get my food" complaints.

Few minutes later, I went to get my mail and... there's my order. Sitting outside (its like 40of here), no deliverer. They did deliver it, and I guess the app was either being weird or whatever. Maybe the deliverer was spoofing his location? :iiam:

I told a delivery service I didn't get my food, I did, and it would not surprise me if the delivery service yells at my deliverer for it. This sucks.

Oh and another thing that might be a FWP, my local Best Buy had a pretty steep discount sale on Fitbits, including new ones. Cool, I was using an off-brand one for an age, so I'll buy it.

What's step two of getting a new Totally-Not-A-Toy? Playing with it. I'd love to just low-key test some poo poo here and there... but it's cold out. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Mar 4, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

There is a guy in my workplace who sometimes shits at the same time I do. He grunts when he shits.

It is gross and it makes me uncomfortable. You don't need to vocalize when you are making GBS threads. That is a fact I have learned through many years of making GBS threads.

Also you can see his underwear under the divider and they are tighty whities. This grunting poo poo man is wearing tighty whities all day too.

Manager Hoyden has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Manager Hoyden posted:

There is a guy in my workplace who sometimes shits at the same time I do. He grunts when he shits.

It is gross and it makes me uncomfortable. You don't need to vocalize when you are making GBS threads. That is a fact I have learned through many years of making GBS threads.

Also you can see his underwear under the divider and they are tighty whities. This grunting poo poo man is wearing tighty whities all day too.

Silently pass him some constipation medicine under the divider.