Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ChikoDemono posted:

My favorite bit: Booker asks you to work another match on the same night. Sure why not. Oh, I just won the world title.

It's one of those too strange for reality, but then I remember WCW.

Wasn't that pretty much just Survivor Series 1999?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Virtual Vince McMahon is just as good at booking the Women’s championship as Regular Vince. Current lineage: A Bella Twin > Earthquake > Bella Twin > King Kong Bundy > Bobby Eaton > Jerry Saggs > Jake Roberts.

Edit: Jake was stripped of it, and it was given to Jim Duggan. Such a success story for the women’s revolution.

Antitonic fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 25, 2021

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I wish you could save video

I just made it in to the Weekend Warriors and Al Snow comes out with his belt to talk trash, i beat the poo poo out of him, steal the strap. I pose and then put HIS BELT on myself in the middle of the ring. Al gets up and seeing this sprints towards me and goes up for his patented Al Snow frankensteiner and i spike him with a pile driver then throw the belt on his bleeding face as the segment ends

Im a 41 year old Matt Black/Damien Demento ( i thought it was PAC) who is tag champs with i think Vader in Rising Sun

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
You can. Hold the capture button instead of press it, and it’ll give you the last 30 seconds or so.

https://twitter.com/TrueAntitonic/status/1351135504075517953

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
loving Derek Switchoff gave me the worst haircut of all time, I won the tag titles with Disco Inferno and our manager Jim Cornette (as faces!), I tried to start a union with Big Show but instead he shook me down for money, and then I got fired from WCW. I love this loving game.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I got put in a six-man tag against Wade Barrett, Drew Galloway, and Bob Holly. My partners? Randy Savage, and Randy Savage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Antitonic posted:

I got put in a six-man tag against Wade Barrett, Drew Galloway, and Bob Holly. My partners? Randy Savage, and Randy Savage.

Was one the Macho Man and one the Macho King?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Unsure, but we’re the tag champions. I guess now it’s a Trios title.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’ve been in the danger zone. Me too!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
White Machismo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wrestling Empire just got pushed to my (Android) phone and it runs great. Maybe it's just me but I'm not finding the controls to be as much of a chore as I'd remembered.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
newLEGACYinc is currently running a Rumble sim in 2k20.

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

So far they've had the game crash at #27 of the women's rumble, a horrendous women's tag match that took half an hour to end in a countout, Roman/Owens include a very suspect run-in, and Sasha/Carmella end when entrance interference took so long the match was thrown out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did you know that game looks bad?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Did you know that game looks bad?

Looks bad, buddy have you tried playing it?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Psychepath posted:

newLEGACYinc is currently running a Rumble sim in 2k20.

So far they've had the game crash at #27 of the women's rumble, a horrendous women's tag match that took half an hour to end in a countout, Roman/Owens include a very suspect run-in, and Sasha/Carmella end when entrance interference took so long the match was thrown out.

That crash in the women's rumble was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. It was a great stream.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KINGIEST OF THE RINGIEST (TOURNAMENT #1)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Those drat Dudleys

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
RHYNO DUDLEY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
D-Von Dudley top heel of the whole tournament already.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The ECW Invasion storyline loving owns.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I just remembered that TEW 20 exists. Is it actually good yet? Last I heard there were a bunch of problems woth it and then I forgot about TEW.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Dreamsicle posted:

I just remembered that TEW 20 exists. Is it actually good yet? Last I heard there were a bunch of problems woth it and then I forgot about TEW.

It was a couple of patches away from being really good a few months ago, then the game's math got changed for the worse in a few ways and it's since been indicated that any further changes to the game that take longer than a weekend to implement aren't coming.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

drat, I wasn't aware of that... what changed?

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

drat, I wasn't aware of that... what changed?

It's nearly impossible for companies to run out of money now, and popularity caps on workers have been removed. On a long enough timeline any medium-size or larger promotion is sitting on tens of millions of dollars with nowhere to spend it and has a roster filled with major stars than they have TV time. I've also seen complaints that worker stat growth leads to too many good wrestlers in the game world after three to five years, but I haven't played a save long enough to see the consequences play out on that myself.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Those sound good and cool as poo poo.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yeah that sounds amazing. I'm going to buy it now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I will say, that the game is pretty much still just TEW, the math is a little worse, products are a little worse to game, and in general it still has that feel of not being able to model any wrestling aside from the WWF in 1999 well, but you can figure out what works and how to make things fit what you want and you can do some fun fantasy booking bullshit if you are so inclined.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
TEW was definitely one of those things where I'd get super into it, eventually get burned out/bored, step away for a long while, then eventually get super back into it again. I think the last time I played it was the 2008 or 2010 version or whatever? I remember downloading a then-current "real world" mod and trying to make TNA actually viable by firing a bunch of the elderly/dead weight workers, before realizing that the ones with name value could work to put over guys I wanted to build up (because the way the game worked was, the more name value guys you had in matches, the higher the show's ratings were, or something like that), so I reloaded and had Hogan jobbing to whoever night after night until his contract ran out. :v:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Another New Legacy stream, they're doing a Valentine's Tournament in Fire Pro!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dammit Renee Paquette just got CRITICAL'D

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here's a newish trailer for Action Arcade Wrestling. I don't know how it plays but it looks surprisingly great. This is basically how I imagined Fire Pro would look when they said it was coming to this current console generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5GSQBAhsw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That looks like the kind of goofy fun I love from my wrestling games.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
That looks so awesome I have to temper my expectations. There must be something that is awful, it’s almost to good to be true.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Did 2k20 ever get “fixed”? I know it’s probably a glitchy mess but is at least on par with 2k19?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think they stopped all support for the game a while back.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Lol. I saw it on steam for $20 and thought it might be worth a gamble at that price but I guess not.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Here's a newish trailer for Action Arcade Wrestling. I don't know how it plays but it looks surprisingly great. This is basically how I imagined Fire Pro would look when they said it was coming to this current console generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5GSQBAhsw

I played it a bit before they removed Chikara's name and roster. It feels very incomplete. Like it could be the basis for a good wrestling game if it had more manpower.

Great CAW system, though.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They kept the 2k19 servers online because 2020 was such a mess. The big CAW designers are all mostly still working in 2k19 and they’ll be keeping it online until 2k22 or whatever the next main title is.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've thought of buying 2k19 on sale at some point, but it's been on my wishlist for like 2 years and i don't think it's ever been on sale once.

If topic, in wrestling empire, how do you increase your attitude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think it’s mostly dependent on how much you go along with what the booker suggests. if you’re more agreeable your attitude goes up. in my opinion it should be the opposite, and measure how much “attitude” you give the booker and his dumb ideas. ha ha.