Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
New Scret Lairs annouced along with, lol, a banned annoucement:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-secret-lairs-smitten-superdrop-2021-02-10

quote:

(Note: We are planning an upcoming B&R announcement. In that announcement, we plan to ban Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath in Pioneer, Modern, and Historic. Additionally, we are continuing discussions about doing the same in Legacy. While we are still working internally on the larger B&R announcement for that week, we wanted to share this information ahead of this sale.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
good riddance

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Telling people up front is exactly as decent as they ought to be with an announcement like this, at least.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Are secret lair prices based off the secondary market value of cards? or can you get alt-art versions of modern staples cheaper through secret lair?

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

A Moose posted:

Are secret lair prices based off the secondary market value of cards? or can you get alt-art versions of modern staples cheaper through secret lair?

Generally they end up influenced by secondary market value, yeah.

Also 1. Good riddance, now just change Cascade rules with MDFCs(preferred) or ban Valki and 2. I need a set of those Primeval Titans 0_0

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope we 1. Get Swiftspear on Arena soon, and 2. get that art :3

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

gently caress uro, this is good. also lol at pre-announcing a ban announcement but given that they're printing him in a secret lair i think it's better to do it this way than the alternative.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Talk about burying the lede lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

gently caress uro, this is good. also lol at pre-announcing a ban announcement but given that they're printing him in a secret lair i think it's better to do it this way than the alternative.

yea I think a year ago WotC wouldn't have given the warning lol

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I would love to get 25 of the swamps from the brutal lands drop for when we can play in person again. Not sure if there will ever be a sensible way to do that. I can’t see buying 25 sets of this (if they even allow that), and then trying to flip the rest of the lands to avoid going down nearly a grand on some basics.

I think I’d rather try to pay aftermarket but I’d imagine those swamps probably start at :10bux: per single and just increase over time.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

A Moose posted:

Like many decisions in this area, the answer is clearly “Yes” but they will never, ever say so out loud

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

If there's no explicit mention of the lairs including arena codes we should assume they don't right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So the main drop is to the 21st and Black is Magic starts on the 22nd? Odd.

araeris posted:

I would love to get 25 of the swamps from the brutal lands drop for when we can play in person again. Not sure if there will ever be a sensible way to do that. I can’t see buying 25 sets of this (if they even allow that), and then trying to flip the rest of the lands to avoid going down nearly a grand on some basics.
My friend was talking about buying a full shipment of the seb set and I think that was a full 32 as the limit?

I forget if he actually did it. Those were some real dumb conversations. I was only made aware since we were group shipping and he wanted to fill the allotment then said he was just going to buy a full shipment. Argh.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Heavy metal album cover plains has an hilariously smug looking sun. Best land.

And metal uro looks boring and generic. Also, good riddance.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
the swiftspear art whips rear end

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Noooo my bro Uro!! rip to a legend

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Monastery Switfspear is my favorite magic card and I want 4 of those

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
the other titans and kroxa look cool as hell, uro less so. lol that they split them into 2 separate drops. nothing to do with secondary market

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

that titans secret lair looks sick. does anyone have any experience ordering those from the EU?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Thank god. Between that ban and HA4 the format should get shaken up a good bit, looking forward to it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

FAERIES

yeah I'm gonna get in on that one, and that Heliod.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 10, 2021

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

VictualSquid posted:

And metal uro looks boring and generic. Also, good riddance.

hey mom its 420 posted:

that titans secret lair looks sick. does anyone have any experience ordering those from the EU?

The duality of humankind...

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

hey mom its 420 posted:

I ordered a couple from the previous superdrop, they have a dedicated EU store nowadays so it was hassle-free, don't know about the actual delivery though since that hasn't happened yet

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I hope it's about Cycling, which should be evergreen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

I hope we 1. Get Swiftspear on Arena soon, and 2. get that art :3

that art is sick as hell

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Absolutely mindboggling how many cards printed in the last ~year that had to be banned in non-rotating formats

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That lisa frank bundle is pretty great. I love that it only comes in foil for extra gaudiness.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

Absolutely mindboggling how many cards printed in the last ~year that had to be banned in non-rotating formats

Gotta spend money to make money

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Faeries secret lair looks amazing and also contains good cards.

Not sure about the rest but, lol at sun titan missing out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sun is the only titan other than Prime people give a poo poo about and they left him out. Fake friends.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Sun Titan shows up in every other white Commander precon. I think it was in the foretell precon for some reason. But yes, no rad alt art.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

fadam posted:

Sun is the only titan other than Prime people give a poo poo about and they left him out. Fake friends.

Don't knock my boy inferno titan. I make him a hasty boy and he can slap for 12 when he comes down.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

fadam posted:

Grave titan!!!!!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Everyone is allowed to have a pet card I guess.

Off topic, but something I've been wondering: how many of you guys are able to tell what colours of mana a Triome produces without mousing over it?

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 10, 2021

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

fadam posted:

Off topic, but something I've been wondering: how many of you guys are able to tell what colours of mana a Triome produces without mousing over it?
I think I can get all of them in one of their respective arts, but someone next leveled me by using some showcase some not showcase and yeah I got got that game.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Spellstutter Sprite is my favorite magic card so I'm excited to grab it. The art of all of them looks like some kind of Lisa Frank fever dream though and I'm here for it

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Uro needed a ban in Pioneer. You had to build your deck around him instead of just shoe-horning him in.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DangerDongs posted:

I don't think Uro needed a ban in Pioneer. You had to build your deck around him instead of just shoe-horning him in.

Yes, build your deck around him by playing good cards you want to be playing anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

fadam posted:

99% sure it was teasing MDFC

Yeah, they already said it was designed with Strixhaven in mind, it would work in the DnD set as a level up/multiclass mechanic and obviously the innistrad sets are going to have flip cards.