Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There are some good mods being made to fix up the Forces gameplay and make the levels a lot more substantial, including adding in an original Chaos boss battle (not just a reskin of another boss), I should really see how those are coming along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There are some good mods being made to fix up the Forces gameplay and make the levels a lot more substantial, including adding in an original Chaos boss battle (not just a reskin of another boss), I should really see how those are coming along.

Were they able to add proper momentum? The original just uses several preset speeds that it shifts between because it’s based on the Lost Wolrd code

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Caidin posted:

I mean I'm willing to just post Boom Eggman if you all are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wZa6zoo18
Part of me hopes we won't lose Pollock because we're gonna miss out on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgnbuU8_WZk

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And it’s confirmed, Mike’s survived another actor purge:

https://twitter.com/itsamike/status/1357901913161945093

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Now another generation can be lulled to sleep with the goat like screams of Dr Eggman.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Larryb posted:

I genuinely love this man's enthusiasm for the role. He's no Long John Baldry, but he's hilarious and he loves what he does.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Interesting that he specifies video games. Should we read anything into that regarding Sonic Prime?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Only if you want to make any stress related medical issues you have worse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

J-Spot posted:

Interesting that he specifies video games. Should we read anything into that regarding Sonic Prime?

I think Prime is being handled by a Canadian studio so it’d make sense if they wanted to use local talent for it. So it’s possible we’ll have one cast for the new cartoon and a different one for the games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://streamable.com/o2c5g0

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It could be they're doing what they did for AOSTH and having the big two va (Swartz and Pollock) take their roles whilst the rest are cancon?

But, really, between the show being 2022 and with Sega being tighter than a duck's arse on game news its probably not worth losing sleep over.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

It could be they're doing what they did for AOSTH and having the big two va (Swartz and Pollock) take their roles whilst the rest are cancon?

But, really, between the show being 2022 and with Sega being tighter than a duck's arse on game news its probably not worth losing sleep over.

Ben Schwartz is union though, I’m not sure if Sega would be willing to pay for him (it’s the whole reason Ryan Drummond didn’t come back after all).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Isn't some of the people returning for LAD not union?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuoffM1y-w

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I look forward to conversations where when we say "Sonic 2" we have to specify if we're talking about the game or the movie.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic 2: revelations
sonic 2fast2furious
sonic 2: mobiustrip

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Hey, now. Did they license that music?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That's not a Tuesday! Already off on the wrong foot.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Miles "Tails" Prower in Sonic the Hedgehog 2?!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tails at the end of the first movie looks better than even the improved movie Sonic so it's off to a good start.

Think they'll try to tie in Sonic Prime to this?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Jason Mamoa has apparently been offered the role of Knuckles in the new movie:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-movie-jason-momoa-knuckles/

Since Coleen’s leaving the games I assume she won’t be reprising her role in the movie either. Though considering movie Sonic’s backstory I am kind of curious how exactly Tails knows him in this universe.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I really hope we see more of the echidna tribe from the beginning of the first movie and not just Knuckles, they had a cool design.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I really hope we see more of the echidna tribe from the beginning of the first movie and not just Knuckles, they had a cool design.

my friend do i have the comic book for you!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Larryb posted:

Also Jason Mamoa has apparently been offered the role of Knuckles in the new movie:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-movie-jason-momoa-knuckles/

I hope this is true but he's not a CGI character. Just Mamoa in red paint and big puffy gloves.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Looper posted:

my friend do i have the comic book for you!

No, you absolutely do not.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Since Coleen’s leaving the games I assume she won’t be reprising her role in the movie either. Though considering movie Sonic’s backstory I am kind of curious how exactly Tails knows him in this universe.

There's always the mural in Hidden Pallace Zone, might use that.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 10, 2021

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sonic finally gets the resolve to take down Dr. Eggman after Tails loving drowns in Chemical Plant's rising water section.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

Sonic finally gets the resolve to take down Dr. Eggman after Tails loving drowns in Chemical Plant's rising water section.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Looper posted:

sonic 2: revelations
sonic 2fast2furious
sonic 2: mobiustrip

Sonic Twovie?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope this is true but he's not a CGI character. Just Mamoa in red paint and big puffy gloves.

:haibrow:

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Heran Bago posted:

Here's hoping for more scripts getting leaked ahead of the release.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

No, you absolutely do not.
Maybe they're talking about this:

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Adventures

Which is that French Sonic 3 adaptation comic that is weirdly similar to the plot of Sonic Adventure in places and features jungle dwelling Echidnas that weren't created by Ken Penders.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Hope Tails being cursed to be forever undying is depicted accurately

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

I look forward to conversations where when we say "Sonic 2" we have to specify if we're talking about the game or the movie.

We could could call it Sonic 2 '22, maybe? There's plenty of Sonic stuff that's just called "Sonic the Hedgehog" that is usually given some kind of prefix or suffix.

I wonder if they'll make a third one and call it Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

We could could call it Sonic 2 '22, maybe? There's plenty of Sonic stuff that's just called "Sonic the Hedgehog" that is usually given some kind of prefix or suffix.

I wonder if they'll make a third one and call it Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Knuckles is already confirmed to appear in the second movie though

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Eggman will die in the first ten minutes and be replaced by The Dark Legion led by fan-favorite Locke the Echidna and his girlfriend Sally Acorn.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Snooping as usual, I see?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's a 45-minute sequence where Jason Mamoa gives the scoop on Knuckles' family tree.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
For over half the movie, Jason Mamoa is bright green and some of his hair is mechanical. Tails sacrifices himself to save his father, Ixis Nagus, from the Death Egg Robot.

Tails immediately respawns and waves to the audience while yawning.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ken Penders films a cameo for Sonic 2.

The fine print of the contract he doesn't read thoroughly relinquishes his ownership of any characters he owns from his run on the comic back to Sega.

The cameo is left on the cutting room floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Watch out folks, there's a hot new leak in town!

TLDR:
  • Sega of America is in charge of the overall franchise, though game development is still done in Japan
  • We're not getting Mania 2 or other "Classic Sonic" stuff
  • A Sonic Collection for the 30th Anniversary, likely containing Advance, Pocket Adventure, R and maybe others? The Genesis games will NOT be included. Developed by M2.
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is in disarray due to problems with the 2022 Olympics
  • New 2D Sonic game in the vein of Advance/Rush, might be by Dimps but might not
  • The next 3D Sonic game is fully 3D gameplay instead of switching between 2D and 3D like in Colors/Forces
  • Not a boost game, the spindash is back
  • Character upgrades (presumably like Adventure)
  • Playable characters that aren't Sonic, though who exactly isn't known
  • Aimed for Holiday 2021 but if needed they're willing to delay release and miss the 30th anniversary rather than risk Sonic 06 2
  • Made by Sonic Team, except there's been big staff changes so this is basically meaningless
  • Sonic's planned to cameo in a bunch of games this year, starting with the previously announced Puyo Tetris 2 appearance
  • Predicted announcement Soon™ (by end of March)

Grain of salt but it sounds plausible? This person leaked Mario 3D Allstars and the Switch port of Mario 3D World though you could definitely argue that those were pretty easy guesses