Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
So about a week ago my coworker talked me into getting a robinhood back when dogecoin and ect were all going crazy. Well turns out I got in decently early on the weed train and now I've doubled my money on weed stocks. My question is what the hell do I do from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I know I'm small fish but I think today was my first 10k day.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gonna give this weed meme a two day life expectancy.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

smdh should've put money into weed stocks instead of buying a bunch of NDRA. hoping FDA approval comes soon.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Pillowpants posted:

Ugh

I bought 11 shares of TLRY for $27, watched it skyrocket to $67 overnight and then sold at $48 because I'm new at this...and now its at $75?

:Sad-hi-five: I bought pre-market around $52 then had to go to sleep (working nights sucks for trading) so I set a 20% stop loss and woke up to my sell happening around $53 in early trading so of course it started climbing again after that. At least I made a profit, lol?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Closed out some of my KO covered calls today on a bit of the bounce. Will wait to stabilize after earning to open a few more. KO has been doing work on free premium money for me for awhile.

Got into KTRA and TLOFF today for 400 shares a piece. A little bit of profit back today but we'll see where they go.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I considered xfering some money to do weed meme last night but decided not to since I'd probably want to sell before the funds settled. memes have such a short half life, I wonder if I should just keep a little cash on my settlement for next time

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Burn Zone posted:

smdh should've put money into weed stocks instead of buying a bunch of NDRA. hoping FDA approval comes soon.

FDA approval of what?

Zerstorung
Jun 27, 2008

Ola posted:

Gonna give this weed meme a two day life expectancy.
Past Results are not Future Results, but this exact same thing happened three years ago and lasted about two weeks before slowly bleeding out over the 6 months after.

quote:

Closed out some of my KO covered calls today on a bit of the bounce. Will wait to stabilize after earning to open a few more. KO has been doing work on free premium money for me for awhile.
KO is my biggest post-covid-comeback long holding and it's just sitting there while the rest of the market goes nuts.
Why doesn't it go up and down 30% a day is it broken or something

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
huh. Wish I'd bought some TLRY but it's too late now :geno:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shoulda kept my SNDL but that's stocks. I'm sure if I bought some tomorrow it'll crater like everything else I bought

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

Ugh

I bought 11 shares of TLRY for $27, watched it skyrocket to $67 overnight and then sold at $48 because I'm new at this...and now its at $75?

About 2 weeks ago I had like half my portfolio wrapped up in TLRY and APHA, but I felt like I was too deep in one thing and halved my numbers in both. Got mixed feelings now watching them go to light speed the past few days.

Your Moms Ahegao fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 10, 2021

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

Virigoth posted:

I have a nice portfolio of boring Div Yield stocks that I generally sell weekly 3% over covered calls on, which generally works well for poo poo like KO. Sold a $61 covered call on my TWTR shares this week though, whoops.

Those slow earners balance out me buying YOLO calls on SPACs and weed, though of course those have been doing way better this year than my boring .5-1% weekly gains on covered calls.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Oof, good thing I got out of Callaway earlier this week

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Polish Pirate posted:

I have a nice portfolio of boring Div Yield stocks that I generally sell weekly 3% over covered calls on, which generally works well for poo poo like KO. Sold a $61 covered call on my TWTR shares this week though, whoops.

Those slow earners balance out me buying YOLO calls on SPACs and weed, though of course those have been doing way better this year than my boring .5-1% weekly gains on covered calls.

I want to build my div yield more. What ones do you keep in your portfolio?

E: this is probably better for the other thread.

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 10, 2021

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Pillowpants posted:

FDA approval of what?

NDRA has a liver scanning device in phase 2 or 3 trials I believe. That's why we're in it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Quincytbb posted:

So about a week ago my coworker talked me into getting a robinhood back when dogecoin and ect were all going crazy. Well turns out I got in decently early on the weed train and now I've doubled my money on weed stocks. My question is what the hell do I do from here?

Double it again.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

naughty joystick posted:

I don’t trade with TOS but i believe they have something like conditional orders that you can rig up with thinkscript

Otherwise you could either set a price alert (fidelity) or put in a limit sell of 112 for one share (or half, or enough to cover cost basis), then set a trailing stop for the rest whenever the limit sell executes

What is tos

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
ThinkOrSwim. It's a TDA trading app.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

lmao I bought some more earlier today, but I still like it for longer term.

At least DermTech went up 24% after hours. Still time to get in!

mongeese fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 10, 2021

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

FistEnergy posted:

ThinkOrSwim. It's a TDA trading app.

I don’t get why TDA has two apps. My account works in both.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Any reason its dumping straight down? Earnings not as good as expected?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Any reason its dumping straight down? Earnings not as good as expected?

yep

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/callaway-golf-stock-falls-8-after-wider-quarterly-loss-2021-02-10

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

Regular one for quick ticker/portfolio checks and TOS for line+graph tryharding :spergin:

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
Moviepass (HMNY) is up over 400% today.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
sure, why not

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sorry, am I reading this right? Can I use ThinkorSwim to look at my TDA account for a more quick check?

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Thanks, I'll hold and hope for a recovery. Not really sure why I bought this stock even besides it being a minor meme.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I’m over here just waiting for VFF to catch up with the other weed stocks. Seems like my bet to keep this as more of a long term hold seems on target, but also, lol weed stocks

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Can someone with a crystal ball tell me what to do with my three TLRY 2/19 60c? My sweating rear end is telling me to close immediately cause there's just no way....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

FDA approval of what?

Machine/technology for liver screening with ultrasound. Promising if they can sell it.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ketchup vs catsup posted:

where can I get a watchlist like this?

Gaius Marius posted:

L:ooks like fidelity's active trader pro to me

finviz.com

Fun Times! posted:

Can someone with a crystal ball tell me what to do with my three TLRY 2/19 60c? My sweating rear end is telling me to close immediately cause there's just no way....

Spike up at open = sell that poo poo instantly and cash your winning lottery ticket

One is for trading, the other is for just looking at your bank balance and poo poo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mongeese posted:

Moviepass (HMNY) is up over 400% today.

lol I was actually still holding some until just the other day. I forget how many shares, think it was maybe 1500 before however many reverse splits they did. I recall it cost me all of $20, and I probably lost $19.9 of it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

AHH F/UGH posted:

One is for trading, the other is for just looking at your bank balance and poo poo

No, TD has 3 apps

TD Bank that is my normal bank app (the best bank btw as it is green)

Ameritrade that is for trading

Think or Swim that is also for trading

I only ever created a trading account on Ameritrade, it works to log into ToS and shows the same stuff. I could connect it in the normal bank app also but I haven’t done that.

Why they have 2 apps that do the same thing :iiam:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Everywhere said it was stupid to buy SAVE yet I didn't listen due to my gut. And now it's one of the best performing airlines.

I hate these stock recommendation sites.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
that means you're smarter than everyone else, the world is your oyster

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Kunabomber posted:

that means you're smarter than everyone else, the world is your oyster

I think I'm incredibly stupid.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Thanks, I'll hold and hope for a recovery. Not really sure why I bought this stock even besides it being a minor meme.

it might take a while but i have faith it will bounce back eventually. golf is going to have some good growth overall in the coming years i think

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

it might take a while but i have faith it will bounce back eventually. golf is going to have some good growth overall in the coming years i think

What's the reasoning there, more rich people from memestocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
You guys see this?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/immigrant-lost-life-saving

To recap:

- Guy buys into the GME hype and gets in at 1/22. At this time it's $50-$70/share.
- Freaks out as the stock is volatile as gently caress, paper hands it and sells his shares.
- Around 1/25 he starts to sell NAKED CALLS @ $115 expiring on 1/29 for $45 premium, thinking that he'll make money as long as the share price doesn't go over $160.
- Elon Musk and others tweet about GME, spiking the stock price. Guy tries desperately to buy back call options to cover for his contracts but realizes that he can't do any options trading in after-hours.
- Broker sees the spike and covers the calls @ $300/share. He is now almost $500K in the hole.

How the gently caress

It took me a long time to truly wrap my head around options contracts to even get the balls to buy a put option that expired worthless. This guy, from what I can see, decided to sell naked calls within .69 seconds of opening his account.

HOW THE gently caress.

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 11, 2021