Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
The people involved need nothing short of execution for this crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Evidence of them trying to do a decap attack of people in the President line of succession.

I get what they're doing, but I feel at this point the fact she is speaker and in line for succession is secondary to the years and years of GOP propaganda going "NANCY PELOSI IS GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS! AND MAKE YOU GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO MEXICANS". Her being not targeted specifically would be novel.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ZombieApostate posted:

I just got off the phone with the IRS because they sent me a letter saying all of the $600 stimulus was being used to pay my 2007 taxes. Which I looked up and they owed me $30 that year. I was then told that they didn't have any record of any debt or sending me any such letter and that I should mail them a physical copy of the letter (they wanted a fax, of course, and refused an emailed copy) to verify its' authenticity or some bullshit. Oh, did I mention that I never got the $1200 stimulus either? I get to join the filing for a tax credit club, too, apparently.

Fortunately it's not a matter of life and death for me, but poo poo is ultra hosed and I sympathize. It infuriates me how many people in worse situations must be getting screwed over by all this.

Contact your congressfucker's office. They can sometimes put the screws to the IRS to get you money owed you quicker.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Defenestrategy posted:

I get what they're doing, but I feel at this point the fact she is speaker and in line for succession is secondary to the years and years of GOP propaganda going "NANCY PELOSI IS GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS! AND MAKE YOU GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO MEXICANS". Her being not targeted specifically would be novel.

When the argument being made is that "Donald Trump incited a crowd to insurrection in an attempt to orchestrate a coup d'état" then the insurrection incited by Donald Trump going after the Speaker of the House is 100% relevant.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

which doesn't matter

Whether or not we're hosed is a completely different issue, but this should all happen regardless.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

If a Congress or cabinet member got killed we would have a GOP not convict and a dead member of Congress or the cabinet. Everyone not voting to convict should be a pariah but I'm pretty sure a lot of America is still both sidesing this thing
Its not bothsides, its that if you are a republican, you can rape and kill another Republican's mother in front of them, and they will demand that you face no consequences because it was clearly an antifa plot.

Party Uber Alles.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Has anything come of the the really lovely response of capitol police? Have heads rolled? I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be fired for a cyber security breach, but I'm fairly certain I would be fired for seeing a crap ton of evidence that someone was gonna attempt an attack and not prepped for it.

McNally posted:

When the argument being made is that "Donald Trump incited a crowd to insurrection in an attempt to orchestrate a coup d'état" then the insurrection incited by Donald Trump going after the Speaker of the House is 100% relevant.

Thanks, that explains that.

edit: That's pretty neat, the chambers have emergency gear stashed under the seats. That's actually a really good idea.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 10, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Has anything come of the the really lovely response of capitol police? Have heads rolled? I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be fired for a cyber security breach, but I'm fairly certain I would be fired for seeing a crap ton of evidence that someone was gonna attempt an attack and not prepped for it.

The Capitol Police is more or less a black box by design, they're the best-funded (direct by congress) and least accountable police department in the whole county, and that's saying something.

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1359525125838749698

They still haven't briefed anyone publically. The Chief resigned (at Pelosi's insistence) on January 7th.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Nah, the chief resigned and now they’re clamoring for a permanent security wall around the Capitol and Congressional office buildings. Which they’ll almost certainly get. Beyond that nothing will happen #backtheblue

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I am deeply pessimistic and feel like this whole trial is a waste of time and effort

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

For as much as I want these guys get hanged, I can't say that I didn't laugh seeing the one dude bear spray a bunch of cops.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I am deeply pessimistic and feel like this whole trial is a waste of time and effort

No, I think its been instructive that the Republican Party is a 50 vote block and needs to be crushed, which I hope to happen at the earliest possible opportunity.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The biggest reveal so far has been that someone tipped the loving head of the loving Oathkeepers the location of the evac staging zone but it was mentioned so casually it seems like everyone either missed that detail or doesn't understand the importance of it

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 10, 2021

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Same. Same.

I just don't see enough GOP members having balls for this to be anything but an entry in the Congressional record that will be forgotten by 2024.

E- the one time cops would have a righteous shoot, and they squandered it.

Real Talk- Officer Goodman is an Upper Case G.

bulletsponge13 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 10, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
k chuck, follow us to safety

whoa wrong turn WRONG TURN AAAAAAAA

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1359629032787238914

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91XUyg9iWM

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The house managers could just be screaming "they wanted to murder you! If they got ahold you you, we'd be holding up pictures of your corpse! And your colleagues would still be unwilling convict."

This county is loving doomed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

k chuck, follow us to safety

whoa wrong turn WRONG TURN AAAAAAAA

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1359629032787238914

What was his security armed with? Sorry I know this is bizarre details, but the first time I watched it looked like a handgun, but on subsequent ones it looks like some type of PDW (and holding it with both hands).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

shame on an IGA posted:

The biggest reveal so far has been that someone tipped the loving head of the loving Oathkeepers the location of the evac staging zone but it was mentioned so casually it seems like everyone either missed that detail or doesn't understand the importance of it

Who brought this up / when? Just wanted to share it with some other folks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

As Nero Danced posted:

The house managers could just be screaming "they wanted to murder you! If they got ahold you you, we'd be holding up pictures of your corpse! And your colleagues would still be unwilling convict."

Yup. And it was conservatives that killed it

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

bulletsponge13 posted:

I just don't see enough GOP members having balls for this to be anything but an entry in the Congressional record that will be forgotten by 2024.

That party selects for politicans that have no balls, so who loving knows. Good luck to the terrorists that invaded the place though, be suprised if they get out of prison before 2030.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup. And it was conservatives that killed it
What good is a country if you aren't its unquestioned owners? Or you know, don't feel like you're the unquestioned owners, same thing really.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That Works posted:

Who brought this up / when? Just wanted to share it with some other folks.

The guy speaking before they went to dinner break, it was around the time of / a minute or two before the clip of Schumer's close call

I think just before the clip before that, with everyone running down the cross-hallway past the mob

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

As Nero Danced posted:

For Donald Trump.
80s gold plated toilet joke Trump.
80s divorce joke Trump.
90s multiple bankruptcy joke Trump.
00s reality show star Trump.

The fascist coup was carried out in the name of Donald Goddamn Trump.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
There is no way to fix America.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Kazinsal posted:

Nuclear hellfire or asteroid strike

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
They could have been lynched on live TV and all the other republicans would have worried about is making sure another R fills the seat.

All because the host of the Apprentice is a sore loser.

I know this is just repeating myself but god drat...

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Kazinsal posted:

In general when you get this hosed up it gets sorted out by a war. Downside, pretty much everyone dies, mostly the people who had gently caress all to do with it. You would have thought a plauge would have kicked people's brains into gear, they do like their biblical stuff. Ugh.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Bin laden's ghost howling

"I told you about the great Satan, bro."

America tumbling into fascism

"IT KEEPS HAPPENING"

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Syrian Lannister posted:

Or plag... gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

Bin laden's ghost howling

"I told you about the great Satan, bro."

America tumbling into fascism

"IT KEEPS HAPPENING"

19 men and a few million in funding

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Has all the dc radio traffic from last month been released, or are they waiting for the end of the trial?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What was his security armed with? Sorry I know this is bizarre details, but the first time I watched it looked like a handgun, but on subsequent ones it looks like some type of PDW (and holding it with both hands).

I've been trying to ID it. It would help if I was sure what force- Secret Service uses P90s, which would fit the visual.

I love that old pic when someone took as shot at Ronnie for Jodie, where the Secret Service dude busted the Uzi out of the briefcase.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Syrian Lannister posted:

Either of those into the yellowstone caldera or whatever.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Either of those into the yellowstone caldera or whatever.

Woody Harrelson had it right

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit awful app error

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 11, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awful app error

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 11, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Multipost error

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 11, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've been trying to ID it. It would help if I was sure what force- Secret Service uses P90s, which would fit the visual.

I love that old pic when someone took as shot at Ronnie for Jodie, where the Secret Service dude busted the Uzi out of the briefcase.

It's funny you mention the Uzi, because they image popped right into my head as soon as I started thinking of it. I thought the Secret Service stopped using P90s at some point. I was thinking it might be a MP5/MP7 or UMP, but it seems far more compact, so perhaps it was a P90. The fact that were even discussing this drives home just how dire things were, because you generally never see those types of firearms, because they'd be concealed under their jackets in normal circumstances.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry about that awful app apparently is on drugs