Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Wiki says you need 371 and a bit to 90. Godspeed.

its a heckin lot.

i didn't really like, pay attention. but you actually don't get a lot of em!

like the daily missions stuff is enough for five! Five!

even clearing the map of nodes you get like what, i unno 150 ore? that ain't many! turns into 35 leveling things? and you can do that like three times a week? so a hundred or so for one weeeeeek?

kater fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can usually make 20 a day between the expedition and checking nodes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ore respawns every day, then there's a separate respawn once every three days. You can mine about 70 ore per day off of the daily respawns and somewhere around 100 more once every three days (probably more like 140 but the last 40 ore is pretty inconvenient so I don't bother).

It's just enough to full craft every day with expeditions + extra white ore picking up a little slack once every few days. I have a few hundred extra crystal crafting 30 ore every day for the past few months but that's because I have Bennett/Fischl/Chongyun on ore and they farm twice a day sometimes.

If you're low on ore the atk boost you get going from level 80/90 to 90/90 is quite low even for weapons so you can put that off.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 10, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok I’m really lost. How do you activate the TD mode? I’ve done all the requests but one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I hate, hate hate tower defense. How terrible is it in this game? I wasn't expecting needing to do it to get the extra Liuye character.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Leveling weapons from 80 to 85 is more cost effective than going all the way to 90. It takes about half as much ore to go from 80 to 85 than 85 to 90.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Stare-Out posted:

I hate, hate hate tower defense. How terrible is it in this game? I wasn't expecting needing to do it to get the extra Liuye character.

It’s insanely fun and well done.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

Leveling weapons from 80 to 85 is more cost effective than going all the way to 90. It takes about half as much ore to go from 80 to 85 than 85 to 90.

Does this also apply to characters? I upped all my gems to purple level where applicable and then crafted gemstones for eventually taking Klee, Ganyu, and Zhongli to 80/90. I don't have any other characters I'll be ascending until the eventual Venti reroll and I have enough wind gems to get a Venti pull to 80/80 or 80/90 outright.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

It’s insanely fun and well done.

Is there a trick to it beyond setting up towers and hoping it works out? Do you get more tries if you mess it up?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Stare-Out posted:

Is there a trick to it beyond setting up towers and hoping it works out? Do you get more tries if you mess it up?

It's easy to get materials to craft more keys to try again, yeah the trick is to use tower and character elemental reaction and crowd control

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I leave characters below 90 because they get a tiny bit of exp playing, so they will eventually reach 90. If I ascend a weapon to 80/90 typically I level it to 90 (though all of mine are 4* so it is not the same level of investment as a 5*) since it will not get to 90 unless I level it and I might as well make use of that little bit of extra damage sooner rather than later.

Also, is there anything to gain with grinding the tower defense today? I did it twice on the 1.2x stage, but figure it is a better use of lanterns to wait for higher multipliers otherwise it would take forever to buy out the shop. I wish there was a way to fast forward.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

Does this also apply to characters? I upped all my gems to purple level where applicable and then crafted gemstones for eventually taking Klee, Ganyu, and Zhongli to 80/90. I don't have any other characters I'll be ascending until the eventual Venti reroll and I have enough wind gems to get a Venti pull to 80/80 or 80/90 outright.

I'm probably not the one to ask, since I don't think A6 is really worth the trouble at all right now. But in terms of EXP items, it also takes half as much for 80 to 85 (about 60 Hero's Wit)

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Stare-Out posted:

While your characters can't do any damage, you can still flinch and knockback enemies like normal. Use knockback moves to push them back into AoEs, off ledges, away from the portal, etc. Use flinching from attacks to stall enemies (like shield mitachurls) in particular areas so that they stay in range of your turrets, Recovery Zones, and so on.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

It's easy to get materials to craft more keys to try again, yeah the trick is to use tower and character elemental reaction and crowd control

Yeah, I saw that getting the materials for the lanterns wasn't a big deal but I didn't know characters could influence the actual tower defense like that. So what, cryo, hydro, pyro and a solid anemo to group the mobs together? Sounds like Kaeya, Barb, Klee and Sucrose is the go-to team then?

Bloody Emissary posted:

While your characters can't do any damage, you can still flinch and knockback enemies like normal. Use knockback moves to push them back into AoEs, off ledges, away from the portal, etc. Use flinching from attacks to stall enemies (like shield mitachurls) in particular areas so that they stay in range of your turrets, Recovery Zones, and so on.

Man, wish I had Jean then. Sounds like just about any charge attack would do the trick for knockback then. And I'm guessing an archer is good for stunning hunters and guardians.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, is there anything to gain with grinding the tower defense today? I did it twice on the 1.2x stage, but figure it is a better use of lanterns to wait for higher multipliers otherwise it would take forever to buy out the shop. I wish there was a way to fast forward.

Don't forget to level up your towers (done in the Armory, not during tower defense). Also, your characters still proc elemental reactions so it can be really handy to freeze/overload/etc while mobs are running through.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm probably not the one to ask, since I don't think A6 is really worth the trouble at all right now. But in terms of EXP items, it also takes half as much for 80 to 85 (about 60 Hero's Wit)

I feel that,, thanks for the reply. Do I think A6 is worth it right now? Meh. Do I think I'll be doing it eventually? Yeah. Is the mora burning a hole in my pocket for lack of fodder artifacts to upgrade what I actually need to spend on? Hell yes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what the gently caress have they done to Barbara's voice? is she on xannies?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Shatter apparently does damage in TM.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Ahaha, looks like they forgot to remove earlier drafts of the English translation from Yakshas: The Guardian Adepti. But hey, we know the names of the five yakshas now: Bosacius (the one who left their treasure in Minlin, and the last to die), Indarias, Bonanus, Menogias, and Alatus (Xiao).

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Bloody Emissary posted:

Ahaha, looks like they forgot to remove earlier drafts of the English translation from Yakshas: The Guardian Adepti. But hey, we know the names of the five yakshas now: Bosacius (the one who left their treasure in Minlin, and the last to die), Indarias, Bonanus, Menogias, and Alatus (Xiao).

But sadly all but Xiao are lost forever in the mists of time. Yes, we have no Bonanus. We have no Bonanus today.

Selane
May 19, 2006

The main Theater Mechanicus strat seems to be have Anemo MC/Jean/Sucrose* spam their yeets on cooldown to get tons of extra mileage out of your turrets. And you can deal indirect damage, so shatter and Jean-related falling damage still work. Sucrose is especially good since even her charged normal attack knocks back.

*I don't have Venti so I don't know how useful he would be since you can't use ults. Does his skill do knockback?

edit: whoops, didn't even think to slap XQ's sacsword on Jean

Selane fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 11, 2021

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Selane posted:

The main Theater Mechanicus strat seems to be have Anemo MC/Jean/Sucrose* spam their yeets on cooldown to get tons of extra mileage out of your turrets. And you can deal indirect damage, so shatter and Jean-related falling damage still work. Sucrose is especially good since even her charged normal attack knocks back.

*I don't have Venti so I don't know how useful he would be since you can't use ults. Does his skill do knockback?

Ah, Jean...perfect yes.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Tower defense here is fun and good. Easy way to win is out water tower first, electro tower right after. Sprinkle in fire towers if you have ice mobs inc. remember you can demolish towers to recover some funds, or replace a tower for a reduced cost.

If you want to get spicy, use a recovery tower in the middle for extra money.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

If you want to get spicy, use a recovery tower in the middle for extra money.
Yeah, I usually put the extra point thing right in the middle where it'll reach as much of the main area as possible.

At least the four main turrets seem pretty balanced so far. Fire and Ice have lovely accuracy, Water has lovely range, and Lightning has lovely rate of fire.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

Shatter apparently does damage in TM.

Chongyun supremacy

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't think Sac weapons will work, because the Skills don't do damage.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Also a heads up that the "free" Liyue character is gonna cost 1000 tokens apparently, so you might wanna hold off on trying to buy out the shop until the characters are available.

Some Numbers posted:

I don't think Sac weapons will work, because the Skills don't do damage.
noooooo

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just used Jean and she will lift up and stun mitachurls with her charged attack, then you can blow them away with E, if you want. Very useful.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Tower defence mechanics loving suck and I hope there's another way to earn the currency needed without having to deal with it

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Snips posted:

Tower defence mechanics loving suck and I hope there's another way to earn the currency needed without having to deal with it

Spoiler: There's not

Also, Klee works pretty well as combo enabler. No damage, but combined with lightning tower she can knockback lots of enemies and she's also great at removing all shields.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Tsyni posted:

Just used Jean and she will lift up and stun mitachurls with her charged attack, then you can blow them away with E, if you want. Very useful.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Also, Klee works pretty well as combo enabler. No damage, but combined with lightning tower she can knockback lots of enemies and she's also great at removing all shields.

does the mine shotgun work for knockback because if it does I'm all in

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

EDIT: nm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The TD counts as a domain so easy getting that this week lol.

Also Barbara is pretty nifty for getting everything wet.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Wait, hold up... if you can use normal attacks for zero damage and knockback is good... does that make Keqing overpowered?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Geo MC is over powered since you can stack 3 meteors to make the shielded hurls phase just stuck.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

zgrowler2 posted:

does the mine shotgun work for knockback because if it does I'm all in

I wouldn't say it's great, just because I find faster enemies more annoying than bigger enemies. Jean is great for tossing people off ledges, tossing people into the recovery mechanicus zone, and using her charge attack to stun mitichurls and others. Klee is just good for spreading fire everywhere, Klee and Fischl is a nice combo to knockback people with overload. I tried Geo MC and wasn't super impressed. The geo chunks do knock smaller enemies back at least. I like Jean, Klee, Sucrose...still deciding who else would be good.

Tae posted:

Geo MC is over powered since you can stack 3 meteors to make the shielded hurls phase just stuck.

edit: I didn't try that yet, the big guys were dying too far down the line last time. If they do get stuck that's really valuable.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Selane posted:

edit: whoops, didn't even think to slap XQ's sacsword on Jean

Venti’s skill doesn’t knock back but the holding version can launch a bunch of enemies surrounding Venti and holds them in the air for a while, could be useful in an emergency to stop a samachurl in place for a few seconds.

Anyway if you played and liked Orcs Must Die! Theatre Mechanicus will be right up your alley.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

mikemil828 posted:

Anyway if you played and liked Orcs Must Die! Theatre Mechanicus will be right up your alley.
I can't not hear the theme when I play

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
What I have been doing is building a water tower in front of 1-2 electro towers and then watching The Expanse while everything dies. You can get both to level 3 off the first stage and level 4 + level 2 recovery on the 2nd.

Turns out there's at least one place electro is quite good now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
C4 Tartaglia and a bunch of Cryo towers is a fun way of saying gently caress you to everybody. Mona or Barbara and Electro towers is also great, you can skip Hydro towers entirely by just getting everything Wet manually and then the upgraded lightning forks across 20 enemies at once.

Also I got a penalty from one of the mid-round buff choices that disabled all Physical Damage towers... of which none are presently unlocked, so okay I guess. The penalty can absolutely screw you over though, as I once picked a buff to Pyro towers only to get Pyro towers disabled for the next wave... and I was on the last wave. Had to go replace all the Pyro towers mid-round.

Looking forward to setting up the Anemo towers to toss things off ledges, though Jean does that better.