Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

almost there..

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

almost there..

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm reliving the live reaction to the Switch reveal (page 62) and there's some stupid bitch who won't stop posting about how much they love the NES/SNES and how disappointed they are with Nintendo and their new gimmicks lmao.

oliwan posted:

none of these games will be played in 30 years, whereas people will still be playing nes and snes. like honestly, pikmin? mario kart 8?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Child born in 2032: Oh boy, I can't wait to play this classic game from 1992! I like it way more than a game from 2015! I'm real!

American McGay fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 11, 2021

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

I'm reliving the live reaction to the Switch reveal (page 62) and there's some stupid bitch who won't stop posting about how much they love the NES/SNES and how disappointed they are with Nintendo and their new gimmicks lmao.

lnmfao, imagine being that thoroughly pwned by history

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

farming? dumb bitch waste of time to me. motherfucker needs to learn to eat grubs like the rest of us, no one will be planting crops in thirty years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

are there photos of the fake rear end prototype that somebody glued to their phone and printed a label that said PROTOTYPE DO NOT STEAL

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
i like when the wii was revealed and all the goons wouldnt stop posting about how doomed nintendo was

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

American McGay posted:

lol mario kart 8 is probably the most played mario kart of all time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fartlancer posted:

i like when the wii was revealed and all the goons wouldnt stop posting about how doomed nintendo was

EAB posted:

Lol, well what I think we're seeing here is nintendos last console. They are probably going to charge 400+ for waggle tablet part deux. Honestly what is wrong with these retards at nintendo. Are they so convinced they can scam the consumerbase with overpriced gimmicky horse poo poo like the Wii again?

They make great software... just stop making retarded consoles nintendo. Just make games for other consoles, pc, and mobile phones. That's all you gotta do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Everyone who posted poo poo like this should be arrested

Knifegrab posted:

This is like one of those things someone creates a render for and puts up on kickstarter promising the future of portable gaming and usability. But it never gets funded or really gets off the ground because its a really silly and kinda useless gimmick that won't see use after the first hour of "oh this is neat".

But then nintendo was like "stop, we'll fund this". And here we are.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Everyone who posted poo poo like this should be arrested

He still bought it

Knifegrab posted:

So I am a giant piece of poo poo, and I primarily play the switch lying in bed. However sometimes my baby arms get tired or my neck gets sore after playing for more than an hour. (Yes I will die very young). So I wanted to get a stand and controller. A stand because the little kickstand that comes with the switch doesn't work well on a bed or resting on my body, and a controller because I'd like to have my arms in a more natural controller position and the little psuedo controller you attach the joycons to aren't that good.

So my question is: What is the best stand? And what is the best controller? Is it the pro controller?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ruffini posted:

He still bought it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
games is fail

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao all time classic

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knifegrab posted:

(Yes I will die very young)

There an update on this?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nintendo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

now thats what i like to see

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol at the imaginary sophisticated atari zoomer

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/0zueuOYTZ1I

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I was the freak kid who was obsessed with Atari and old arcade games in middle/high school, but I also still played Halo and COD with my boys.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kindergartener crying at all the cute animal pictures and shiny toys when his parents could have given him the opportunity to witness a young woman realistically snap a man's neck and get a little piece of her epic PTSD

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ruffini posted:

He still bought it

The best stand I've found is a GooseNeck mount for the side table. poo poo's cash.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
drat Pikmin 3 is really good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just realized that 3D World + Bowser’s Fury comes out in two days. Might have to grab that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Might? :raise:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

never played it before so I MIGHT pick it up

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
3d world is a top tier mario just my opinion

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey everyone first time imp zone poster. Used to be a big Nintendo head back when I was a teen, but then lost the spark near the end of high school. My wife just got me a Switch for Christmas and it’s pretty great. I tried reading the Switch thread in Games because I didn’t even know imp zone existed and that sucked but then I found the Controllers thread here and laughed harder than I have on SA in a long time, and it just feels like, right, here

The last big game I can really remember playing is Wind Waker. I think i started the wolf Zelda too but only played it a couple times. I’ve got little kids so not a ton of free time to game but so far I’ve been playing Odyssey and it just makes me smile yknow. Guess the galaxy games are supposed to be pretty good so thinking of checking those out next

Anyway I probably won’t post much but just felt like I had to say something because rediscovering Nintendo and then finding imp zone has just brought me a weird amount of peace that I never would have expected :sax:

Hey everyone, just giving a personal update. My intuition was right , the imp zone fuckin rocks. After finishing the controllers thread I’ve started reading gaming dreams, oh yeah that happened, and awesome interactions of game and I think all these threads have made me cry laughing at least once each. Love that I have literally thousands more of these posts to read and quietly weep with laughter while my wife and kids are sleeping. All you imps postin on the regular are funny as gently caress and my earnest posts aren’t witty but im glad to be able to read a forum of people giving each other poo poo in a way that’s just good natured and fun

Anway that’s not really related to Nintendo at all, so here’s a little personal anecdote. The first forum I ever posted on was a place called nintendorks. I started reading the front page and eventually forums there in the early 00s, when I was around 11 years old. My first ever username was GamecubeFanMan, which 11 year old me thought would immediately ingratiate me to the much cooler, more sarcastic, star posters of nintendorks, who were probably all in their late 20s at the time which is like an almost mythically cool age difference to a pre-teen

After a few months of having my lovely posts ignored, I posted my first ever thread, which was a completely fabricated story about leaving a cumstain on the wall next to my computer and asking for advice as to how to get the stain out before my parents got home from work that day. The same 11 year old brain that thought my username would make me instantly cool, also thought that this thread would be an overnight sensation, nintendorks getting its very own Tucker max bad boy celebrity. there was some real “and then everyone started clapping” poo poo happening in my thought process... but I was so relentlessly mocked for the thread that I immediately deleted my account and re-regged under a different name and I don’t think I’ve ever actually told this to any other soul until now lmao

I posted there a lot through my teens in a much more mundane way, and quickly realized that most of the funniest people there made lots of references to SA. I started lurking SA a bit and eventually an IRL friend of mine who also posted on Nintendorks actually bought my SA account for me as a Christmas present in 2004. But I was terrified of posting for the first few years I had the account, and by the time I got comfortable posting here I’d kind of phased out of gaming and mostly posted in TCC lol

I still occasionally see a couple posters that I recognize from nintendorks, mostly in SAS posting about hockey, and every time I have to fight the urge to quote them and say some dumb nostalgic poo poo

Any ndorks up in this thread? :q:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There has been an all-time classic video game released every year since at least 1978, and I'm glad that hypothetical future children will continue to have an expanding selection of amazing retro games, should they be so inclined.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey everyone, just giving a personal update. My intuition was right , the imp zone fuckin rocks. After finishing the controllers thread I’ve started reading gaming dreams, oh yeah that happened, and awesome interactions of game and I think all these threads have made me cry laughing at least once each. Love that I have literally thousands more of these posts to read and quietly weep with laughter while my wife and kids are sleeping. All you imps postin on the regular are funny as gently caress and my earnest posts aren’t witty but im glad to be able to read a forum of people giving each other poo poo in a way that’s just good natured and fun

Anway that’s not really related to Nintendo at all, so here’s a little personal anecdote. The first forum I ever posted on was a place called nintendorks. I started reading the front page and eventually forums there in the early 00s, when I was around 11 years old. My first ever username was GamecubeFanMan, which 11 year old me thought would immediately ingratiate me to the much cooler, more sarcastic, star posters of nintendorks, who were probably all in their late 20s at the time which is like an almost mythically cool age difference to a pre-teen

After a few months of having my lovely posts ignored, I posted my first ever thread, which was a completely fabricated story about leaving a cumstain on the wall next to my computer and asking for advice as to how to get the stain out before my parents got home from work that day. The same 11 year old brain that thought my username would make me instantly cool, also thought that this thread would be an overnight sensation, nintendorks getting its very own Tucker max bad boy celebrity. there was some real “and then everyone started clapping” poo poo happening in my thought process... but I was so relentlessly mocked for the thread that I immediately deleted my account and re-regged under a different name and I don’t think I’ve ever actually told this to any other soul until now lmao

I posted there a lot through my teens in a much more mundane way, and quickly realized that most of the funniest people there made lots of references to SA. I started lurking SA a bit and eventually an IRL friend of mine who also posted on Nintendorks actually bought my SA account for me as a Christmas present in 2004. But I was terrified of posting for the first few years I had the account, and by the time I got comfortable posting here I’d kind of phased out of gaming and mostly posted in TCC lol

I still occasionally see a couple posters that I recognize from nintendorks, mostly in SAS posting about hockey, and every time I have to fight the urge to quote them and say some dumb nostalgic poo poo

Me bro. I’ll PM you when I get home.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this needs to be spun off into a thread lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Who bought me this avatar lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Very cool thanks for the read Sharks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Noob Hunter's gun case automatically unlocks on receiving a google alert for "GamecubeFanMan"