Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm 100% on board with the theory "Baseball is so boring that people started a nuclear war to liven things up."

Bonus points for realism if the final straw was a 5-hour-long Yanks vs Sox game, in which nothing interesting happened whatsoever and it was all batters stepping out of the box and slowing poo poo down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was going to say this is an easy enough joke to come up with that I could buy that he thought it up independently, but there's no way he got almost the exact wording of the headline by coincidence. There's no real reason for her to mention Duncan Hines by name otherwise.

I don't think it really qualifies as a joke if it's indistinguishable from advertising copy. Even Mother Goose and Grimm pop culture jokes, lazy as they are, usually include some form of outside element that can be seen as making fun of the source material instead of just expressing unironic enthusiasm for it.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (February 22, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 4, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (November 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 15, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 15, 1935)

Dark Laughter (September 13, 1941)

Mopsy Sunday (June 15, 1947)

Those Were the Days (July 5, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (May 6, 1965)

Wee Pals (May 6, 1965)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set wasn't really paying attention anyway.

Working Daze is back to sub-Dilbert jokes, I guess.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix would have made more sense if it was posted before the last one.

Cul De Sac has been cursed!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jun 26, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 15-16, 1988)

Words can't express how much I relate to Calvin here.

Robbie and Bobby

(Feb 11, 2019)

(Feb 15, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

readingatwork posted:

Robbie and Bobby

(Feb 11, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

This one is my all-time favorite <3

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Calvin's expression here always weirded me out.

I...assume he's just pulling his upper lip back to really expose his incisors? But...those are hosed UP incisors.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

JethroMcB posted:

Calvin's expression here always weirded me out.

I...assume he's just pulling his upper lip back to really expose his incisors? But...those are hosed UP incisors.
Watterson sometimes draws the teeth funky like that when he's doing a grotesque Calvin face:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth slams on the brakes.

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (July 24, 1933)

Peanuts (February 13, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Fetishweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 11, 1937 (never forget (that the Jeep can be bought off)))

Out Our Way (January 23-25, 1936)

Dok's "Maintain The Peace At All Costs" Duck (June 14, 1913)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 11, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Can anyone name the mother from The Tinkersons? Cuz I sure as hell can't.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Who's the couple thinking about adding ageplay to their bedroom in chickweed lane?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure all of them have done that at least once.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Haulin Oates posted:

the daughter is the only one I remember because it’s so dumb

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The mother's name is Ann, even if it isn't.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Who's the couple thinking about adding ageplay to their bedroom in chickweed lane?

A priest and a nun who used to teach at Edda and Amos's school. They left their respective professions behind so they could get married and gently caress. There was a bizarre prolonged arc where the ex-nun was giving birth to their first child and the other nun had some kind of metaphysical journey with God who made the ex-nun's baby be born with some unspecified deformity for Reasons. The Owl and the Pussycat was involved.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i don’t appreciate crankshaft using the flu as a stand-in for covid, after begrudgingly deciding to write it in. either acknowledge it correctly or don’t say anything at all

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

LingcodKilla posted:

Their names are Fluffy and Nachotime; he's the high priest of Hecate and is later temporarily killed by Hellboy which only hastens her rebirth and the inevitable return of the Ogdru Jahad, she's a retired netrunner who got half of her brain replaced with cloned meat after her old neuralrig was bricked by a Mi-Go paracausal multi-state virus and had a seizure as a result. Back in 2002 there was a well-received plotline where the two of them had a heart-to-heart about her struggle with physical rehab and him worrying that he thought less of her for her disability and uphill fight with learning to walk again. They would later fade into the background for a period of time as a pair of janitors who walk around cleaning up other character's public sex messes before making a killing in the stock market and living comfortably.

Also Tinkermom's first name is Tiff.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

nishi koichi posted:

i don’t appreciate crankshaft using the flu as a stand-in for covid, after begrudgingly deciding to write it in. either acknowledge it correctly or don’t say anything at all

Batiuk has really written himself into a corner on this. With his usual determination to not do any research on anything, he probably didn't realize that people exist who don't take COVID-19 seriously and are interpreting Crankshaft's obvious overreaction as being a vindication of their beliefs. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he's been getting complaints. It also wouldn't surprise me to learn that Batiuk somehow isn't even aware that COVID-19 exists at all and that this entire storyline really is just about the flu.

edit: proofreading grrr

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 11, 2021

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

A former priest and a former nun, both of whom used to hold positions of authority in Edda's old Catholic school. Pretty fun finding out this turns them on, huh???

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Some Guy TT posted:

Batiuk has really written himself into a corner on this. With his usual determination to not do any research on anything, he probably didn't realize that people exist who don't take COVID-19 seriously and are interpreting Crankshaft's obvious overreaction as being a vindication of their beliefs. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he's been getting complaints. It also wouldn't surprise me to learn that Batiuk somehow isn't even aware that COVID-19 exists at all and that this entire storyline really is just about the flu.

TomBat has worked a full year ahead since before Lisa's Story was a thing, so almost definitely the last one. In interviews, he was very proud of that, because he claimed it helped him with his plotting. Of course, that makes this even more inexcusable, because they had at least ten months of living in COVID World to rework this sequence or just drop it altogether and just didn't bother.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 11, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Wait, he did the whole shoving the pizza box monster right in the middle of his football player CTE story thing a year in advance and never once in that entire time did he stop to think that maybe it was a bad idea?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So if Mark was going to end up going back home to interview his dad anyway, what was even the point of that completely out-of-place speedboat chase scene? You could've completely cut that off and nothing would have changed.

The Bloop posted:

She must be in heat which im sure is a thing that happens in KnK so literally everybody knows you're ready to horn down

Magic pheromones strikes again. :argh:

Haifisch posted:

Watterson sometimes draws the teeth funky like that when he's doing a grotesque Calvin face:

Thanks for reminding me of this page. Watterson is an absolute master at drawing facial expressions.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Still hate Classic Kevin & Kell (July 19-23, 1999)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Hagar the Horrible VIII

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Some Guy TT posted:

Could be worse...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Could be worse...

Mr. Dilbert is waiting w/ steepled fingers to call you an idiot if you ask him why he's trafficking in conspiracy theories in the funny pages. If his story of an Elbonian bioweapon reminds you at all of the Coronavirus, then it's none of his business.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Honestly I'm surprised that's not enough to start getting him literally cancelled

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Haulin Oates posted:

From GoComics: "Bill Bettwy's Take It From The Tinkersons is a timely comic strip about the hopes and dreams of a modern family, working together to keep their heads above today's choppy economic waters. Ted and Tiff Tinkerson are a happily married couple with two children: A charmingly naive son, Tillman, and a moody tween daughter, Tweetie. And you can't leave out Tubby, their overweight but lovable dog."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 11, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 11, 1999)

Garfield Classic (June 11, 1989)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hostile V posted:

Their names are Fluffy and Nachotime; he's the high priest of Hecate and is later temporarily killed by Hellboy which only hastens her rebirth and the inevitable return of the Ogdru Jahad, she's a retired netrunner who got half of her brain replaced with cloned meat after her old neuralrig was bricked by a Mi-Go paracausal multi-state virus and had a seizure as a result. Back in 2002 there was a well-received plotline where the two of them had a heart-to-heart about her struggle with physical rehab and him worrying that he thought less of her for her disability and uphill fight with learning to walk again. They would later fade into the background for a period of time as a pair of janitors who walk around cleaning up other character's public sex messes before making a killing in the stock market and living comfortably.

Also Tinkermom's first name is Tiff.

This is better than reality.

Also pleated skirts are just cute in general. I remember my wife’s high school tennis skirt being .... short but on purpose due to the sport. And no she didn’t save it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

Honestly I'm surprised that's not enough to start getting him literally cancelled

Bold of you to assume anyone actually reads Dilbert. People follow his twitter, and a lot more fake accounts as well. But who reads Dilbert, willingly?

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (June 11, 1989)

I think strips like this are why I really liked Garfield as a kid. The art and layout are pretty interesting, especially compared to modern Garfield. That first panel where he's peering around the corner into the room really sells the scenario.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mercury Hat posted:

I think strips like this are why I really liked Garfield as a kid. The art and layout are pretty interesting, especially compared to modern Garfield. That first panel where he's peering around the corner into the room really sells the scenario.

Yeah it's a good comic when it's not an algorithmically generated cycle of faces scowling and smirking in a featureless void

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mikl posted:

Still hate Classic Kevin & Kell (July 19-23, 1999)

The fact that Corrie set her clone up with a low-paying menial labor job is loving ice cold. We know computers are just straight up magic in K&K's universe, so Corrie could have given her a job as a secretary or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Man the picture of them being friends hits a little different knowing how the series ends.