Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I just remember Flag Smasher being a z list loser that looked like space ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
think they’ll adapt the scene where the Commie Smasher Captain America assaults a bunch of black men to get real Cap’s attention or would that be considered too on the nose?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

in that sense it’s sort of the bizarre successor to Star Trek TNG of all things, in that it does have a sense of optimism running just under the hood. if not optimism, then at the very least a hope that these sorts of problems are solvable, if we’re willing to work together

yeah, in the real world holden would've been spaced long ago by any number of the actively competing factional interests.

when i posted it, i was also thinking about the mirror universe episode of enterprise and how that is actually looking more like where we'll end up.

dumb humans almost destroy each other in nuclear fire, cobble together a warp drive, inadvertently attract the attention of a potentially benevolent partner, kill them and take their stuff, poo poo up the rest of the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5QLokGTdyg

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Weren't the "Flag Smashers" in the comics ultimately led by Literally Hitler?

Close, Flag Smasher is this guy

Hitler is Hate Monger, with his wonderfully on the nose KKK but purple outfit

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Close, Flag Smasher is this guy

lol that Flag Smasher is an ultra

quote:

Nick Fury is calling up the CIA to tell them their asset got killed

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

cannot get enough of that panel in the bottom right corner. you'd think that a vivid blue carpet in the jungle would set off some alarm bells

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

lol if you thought falcon and winter solider wasnt going to be amurica, disney style. the only thing that would make it more so is the addition of war machine

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol that Flag Smasher is an ultra

Nick Fury is calling up the CIA to tell them their asset got killed

It's okay, they've liberated all those enslaved Nazi scientists who can get back to their day jobs now.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's been a while since I've seen Tomorrow Never Dies, but I feel that an villain trying to start a war for ratings doesn't work because within three weeks, the war will become normal background noise even as bodies pile up, and viewers will lose interest.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

'The Last Narc' on Prime was fantastic. It's a real palate cleanser to the pro-DEA nonsense of Narcos Mexico. The kidnap and murder of Camarena was 100 times more hosed up than they depicted in the Netflix show.

I'm surprised it's on an American streaming service, since the liberal media (the news and Marvel films) loving loves the CIA who effectively murdered Camarena because they were afraid he'd discovered the CIA were trafficking drugs to help right-wing terrorists in Nicaragua.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Face When posted:

lol if you thought falcon and winter solider wasnt going to be amurica, disney style. the only thing that would make it more so is the addition of war machine

war machine is confirmed to be showing up, lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I liked Falcon and Winter Soldier’s dynamic in Civil War but probably won’t be watching the show because it seems bad

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Rollie Fingers posted:

'The Last Narc' on Prime was fantastic. It's a real palate cleanser to the pro-DEA nonsense of Narcos Mexico. The kidnap and murder of Camarena was 100 times more hosed up than they depicted in the Netflix show.

I'm surprised it's on an American streaming service, since the liberal media (the news and Marvel films) loving loves the CIA who effectively murdered Camarena because they were afraid he'd discovered the CIA were trafficking drugs to help right-wing terrorists in Nicaragua.

The CIA is comfortable with a certain degree of cynicism and self-flagellation when it comes to its public image nowadays (see: Patriot, Black Panther, The Report, etc.) The implication is always "shucks, we sure did some awful poo poo [in the past] but we're older and wiser now!"

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 04:59 on Feb 10, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wasnt there also a villain called peacemonger what was his superpower

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
means tested rear end blasting

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

Rollie Fingers posted:

the weirdest thing about Narcos Mexico was that after a few years of seeing the surreal excess of the Colombian cocaine cartels on regular Narcos, Mexico expects you to get worked up about some dudes growing pot. basic rear end weed. who the gently caress makes a show about reefer madness in 2018? IIRC they even had an episode where the Mexican weed growers meet with Escobar to talk about moving cocaine, which is just a reminder to the audience that the stakes used to be much, much higher.

I still really enjoyed all of Narcos, both because of the great performances and the fact that it's mainly in Spanish (which is a treat for an English speaker), but what a missed opportunity to shine a light on the DEA and the war on drugs.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://twitter.com/AllCharisma/status/1359537746843365381?s=20

I can't believe this nasty little man was ever influential in pop culture.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Especially funny considering how much “gurrl power” was his brand.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

This takes on an especially ugly air with the shitcanning of Nimona. A highly reactionary faction in their management may be taking their chance.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

*gets don't viciously humiliating a woman in front of all her coworkers*

Joss: " So THAT just happened!"

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Joss may go but his horrible influence on a generation of writers in the marvel writing committee and bioware games will live on

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://i.imgur.com/i2ZtXUz.mp4

edit, the drat subtitles didn't record

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 03:50 on Feb 11, 2021

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gina carano canon'ed herself out of a star wars tv show lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

KidDynamite posted:

I can hear every weird chud nerd Youtuber trampling over each other to try to interview her and how she’s a victim of cancel culture.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why didnt anybody bother to archive her bad tweets

seems really odd to see all these articles describing them but none letting us actually see them like what is this the thirties

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Apparently she chatted with TheQuartering before. There’s a reason companies save for Youtube advertisers steer clear from him.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

why didnt anybody bother to archive her bad tweets

seems really odd to see all these articles describing them but none letting us actually see them like what is this the thirties

quote:

Carano shared the posts on her story late Tuesday night. One of the posts she shared compared today’s divided political climate to Nazi Germany.

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,” the post, which was originally made on a different Instagram account, read.

Another photo on Carano’s story featured a person with several cloth masks covering their entire face and head. The caption said “Meanwhile in California.”

Both posts were removed from Carano’s Instagram story Wednesday afternoon. Other posts, including a quote saying “Expecting everyone you encounter to agree with every belief or view you hold is loving wild” and one saying “Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself,” remained.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

didn't she previously get in trouble for transphobic tweets or was it always just chud anti mask garbage

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

“Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself,”

she knows how to keep her eye on the ball.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

and one saying “Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself,” remained.
Correct

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Can’t wait for more 10 hour videos making GBS threads up my video recommendations about why Mandalorian Season 3 will be bad that totally didn’t come from Gina being fired no sireee

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Tiberius Christ posted:

didn't she previously get in trouble for transphobic tweets or was it always just chud anti mask garbage

Ayep. She's one of the many MMA women who made a big fuss about Fallong Fox a number of years ago. And even more recently, she got in the poo poo for making fun of the act of sharing pronouns.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what a loving idiot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tiberius Christ posted:

yeah but apparently Pedro Pascal was able to sort her out on the pronoun issue

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

indigi posted:

yeah but apparently Pedro Pascal was able to sort her out on the pronoun issue

Too bad she sorted herself out...of a job.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just hope Bill Burr is in season 3

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ha silly me im so used to everything being twitter drama i completely missed that the actual original posts were on instagram story the platform whose gimmick is that your posts self destruct

not that this actually makes it all that impossible to recover the posts mind you since they can still be archived before that happens

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

lmao at making it from b-league mma to a star wars gig and just blowing it all up cuz you're just too dumb to log off

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I hope Gina gets put on those angry anti-sjw podcasts that last 11 hours and she just dies of boredom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Her new Netflix special: SILENCED