Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Pixelate posted:

Levski got put in the progress bin, so I’m guessing he’s not around.

Citizens seem confused about whether these ATC video NPCs are in the game or not. It sounds like they’re supposed to be, but either don’t appear, or just show you their crotch at best.

Ah OK thanks - I just remember it being this big deal, like so much in Star Citizen it was hyped, promised and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

:iiam: :iiasb: :trustme:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
With sound
https://i.imgur.com/dITUrgO.mp4

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

same

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nah, the most recognized holiday is on July 14th.

ah un homme de classe, vous monsieur vous etes un vrai citoyen des etoiles

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Bumble He posted:

ah un homme de classe, vous monsieur vous etes un vrai citoyen des etoiles

"Liberté, égalité, j p g"

- Le Chris Roberts

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Because CIG promised you'd be able to EVA to a disabled ship, while the crew can see you through the window, cut through the hull and invade, capping unfortunate commandos while people watching from your own ship nearby can shoot their guns through the hole you just cut.

Does anyone remember the really early demo where they "found" a derelict ship and had to turn on gravity and life support so they could fly it back? That was kinda cool. It's also nowhere in loving sight, another memory-holed feature set that gave way to wine glasses, hot tubs, and penguins.

What, who is Sandi?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

everyone going "how DARE you call this game eurocentric!!!!" has literally never played another Chris Roberts game in their life lol

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

JugbandDude posted:

When I see them using FOIP, it always confuses me. It looks so awful, I can never tell if they are plainly mocking it or making a serious attempt at using it.

Half of the poo poo citizens say is so bonkers it falls into the same category for me. Like the guy a few pages back that spins five paragraphs of absurdly elaborate dreams about how he'll be interacting with all these incredibly detailed seamless interactive systems, but the only thing he's not sure on is... why there are two wine glasses. It's basically all the beats of a comedy skit, but meant seriously.

crobbler horror names:
The Bag-a-dook
Plan 42 From Outer Space
It Flounders
The .jpg Out of Space

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
An American Crobbear in London

(non)Event Horizon

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

everyone going "how DARE you call this game eurocentric!!!!" has literally never played another Chris Roberts game in their life lol

Hey! Freelancer had both Americans and Japanese. :colbert:

And also, the nasty ebil pirates were Hispanic.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Pixelate posted:

Yeah but now there are juice bars

https://i.imgur.com/RrFaTlL.mp4

Oh come on how can you not see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-MlISDsNs

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

drat. I knew it reminded me of something.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

:five: :five: :five:

I want to do the neverending story ... i think the flying dog might make a good bear candidate

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DigitalPenny posted:

:five: :five: :five:

I want to do the neverending story ... i think the flying dog might make a good bear candidate

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tippis posted:

Hey! Freelancer had both Americans and Japanese. :colbert:

And also, the nasty ebil pirates were Hispanic.

That's because in Starlancer the good guys alliance of American, Australian, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, British and German forces fight the The Coalition of Russian, Chinese and Middle-Eastern forces. In the end the good guys flee the solar system in arks, the same arks show up in Freelancer and the Spanish one never makes it to it's planet and becomes a pirate base.

In this universe Africa does not exist.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
if you get your reputation for the outcasts up so they talk to you, it turns out the other guys sabotaged hispania when the arks launched, so they're the only good guys in the story lmao

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

bravo
I haven't even finished my own idea and someone has already layered in the code

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

DigitalPenny posted:

bravo
I haven't even finished my own idea and someone has already layered in the code

I didn't make this it's just that this shitshow has been going on for so long there's already material for so many parodies in my archive

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Mirificus posted:

Banu is an Arabic word meaning "House of" or "Clan."
Aha, I thought Banu are based on Jewish stereotypes. Although I guess they're just 'Verse version of Ferengi.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Dwesa posted:

Aha, I thought Banu are based on Jewish stereotypes. Although I guess they're just 'Verse version of Ferengi.

Well, let's not get too hasty. I'm sure we can give them the benefit of the doubt that they used several racial stereotypes per species during their brainstorming sessions.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 12, 2021

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

It should probably say "The Master of Tedium unleashes everything you were ever afraid of.", but very nice :golfclap:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Don’t you talk down Chris Roberts! He can do any genre

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Neverending Development

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pixelate posted:

Don’t you talk down Chris Roberts! He can do any genre

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1359899862670704647

Paint The Town Red (And Gold)! posted:

On top of the red envelopes spread around Stanton, this event also marks your only chance to pick up the exclusive Red Festival “Year of the Ram” Paints for the Freelancer and Nomad!

These paints will decorate your ship in Red & Gold, colors that symbolize good fortune in every corner of the ‘verse. And while we celebrate the Year of the Ox in real life, these beautiful paints welcome 2951, the Year of the Ram in-game with an exclusive golden Ram decal.

If you’re taking on the new year as a team, you will have the choice of our adventure-proven variants of the MISC Freelancer. Do you specialize in exploration, are you looking for cargo capacity, or do you instead want to come prepared with the militarized variant?

For all the lone wolves out there, we also have the Consolidated Outland Nomad on the menu, our medium-sized multi-purpose freighter that offers the perfect solution to anyone yearning to start a brand-new adventure.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1359919718740729862

A Place To Find Love posted:

It’s time to take the next step and make your partner your co-pilot. Take a look at our ‘best for two’ selection, including the luxurious Origin 85x and versatile MISC Reliant series, and visit the most romantic places in the ‘verse together.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Do we have fun in game events tied to holidays? Well if you consider selling ships for real world money an event then yes!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Take a gander posted:

Sorry if all ready posted I really hope the team at CIG are able to add more to the characters this year. I know they are hard at work on the love child SQ42 but would really love to see something we the backers could use and that could maybe persist from patch to patch. Also to my fellow backers I know its the wrong engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tjkSpoa7V8

quote:

CIG: This is an early iteration of the character creator, we have scanned hundreds of heads and have made a system (DNA) that can create literally millions of different heads and head shapes from those scans with helmets and headwear eyewear to match eventually - including asymmetrical heads.

OP: Can we have a better character creator than we have now please?

The phrase.. 'Asked and answered' comes to mind except it is reversed - Answered before it was even asked.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

two marketing pushes in the same day

seems perfectly normal and good

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

RED FESTIVAL (CHINESE NEW YEAR 2021) Is CIG still Independent? posted:

I had already created 2 threads last year. My first thread was deleted by a mod because of the replies and on my second thread my original post was edited and closed by a mod.

1. Thread was deleted by mod https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/chinese-event-lunar-new-year-2020-can-t-get-out-of
2. Thread was edited and closed by mod https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/chinese-event-lunar-new-year-2020-can-t-get-out--1

I would have been ok after a long time, but I still have no answer from CIG, why CIG is now holding a Chinese event in Star Citizen for the second time, what is the motivation behind it? In the meantime, I no longer believe that it's because of the cultural diversity. Otherwise, CIG would have organized a German event and a French event in Star Citizen. After the USA, most of the backers are from Germany and France. CIG also has a studio in Germany and many of its employees are from Germany. The Chinese New Year event started after CIG brought investors on board in 2018. Does it have anything to do with it? I don't care about the events, I'm only interested in the motivation / reason behind why CIG now organize this Event in star citizen. My fear is simply that the CIG may no longer be independent. And that such events in the community are not critically questioned is also too bad, because now would be the time and not when it is too late and certain things can’t no longer be undone. The fact that certain threads have suddenly been deleted by mods since 2018 or that blood is censored in the Star Citizen Alpha 3.11 trailer also unsettle me. And CIG, if you don't want real-world politics to be discussed here in a gaming forum then please don't organize politics events in star citizen. RED FESTIVAL is political, at least the reason why you host such an event is political.

EDIT: A game studio should always reflect their own company culture and culture of their player base.
CIG is an American European western Company and their player base are most from USA, Europe and Australia. And Christians holiday is an important part of this countries. And I am event not against a Chinese New Year festival but WHAT IS THE MOTIVATION to organize an event like this in Star Citizen when CIG is not interest to collaborate with a Chinese Company? And when they do this that means some restrictions. Many Big Chinese Company’s bought game studios in USA and Europe since 2015, the player behavior change since then dramatically.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Scruffpuff posted:

Watching CIG attempt to make this game is like watching a remake of Pinocchio without the Blue Fairy. It's just a high-fidelity puppet sitting on a shelf, while Geppetto keeps iterating on hairstyles, outfits, and all the toys Pinocchio will play with once he comes to life. Any day now, any day.

this is the best but also saddest post i have read on this website

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yes, check out these paints.

Wait who the gently caress calls them paints?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Happy coramor or whatever, you loving weirdos

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
EDIT: Hang on, technical difficulties

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Popete posted:

Do we have fun in game events tied to holidays? Well if you consider selling ships for real world money an event then yes!

Wow that's a cool ship, can I get it in a blue skin?

No sorry, blue was only available four years ago for two weeks during the 4th of July, for ten actual dollars.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

CIG copying every MMO ever: let's do Chinese New-Year!

Citizen: This is a direct attack on my sovereignty there is no fringe on the Chinese flag I know my rights I declare Habeus Corpus in the name of Jesus Christ

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Jonny Shiloh posted:

EDIT: Hang on, technical difficulties

https://i.imgur.com/Xcg07Tb.mp4

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AMA with the vehicle team.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17989-Vehicle-Experience-Team-AMA-Recap

Man, they are really excited for upcoming capacitor gameplay.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's the year of the ram because you're gonna need so much more RAM after all this epic idris refactoring!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

Happy coramor or whatever, you loving weirdos

:love: